Kyle Braxton: One-Shot Series

AtlantaG1912

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idea by Guest (Fanfiction): Maybe Kyle has been working too hard and gets an appendicitis! But he refuses to tell anyone, until he gets really badly sick!

I have changed this a little as from what I've read online about appendicitis and what I know of when my mum and best friend both suffered from this, working hard doesn't really cause it (so I hope whoever you maybe that you don't mind).

Chapter 26 -  Secret Illness

Angelos

20-year-old Kyle Braxton was currently finishing his shift at the restaurant, when he suddenly started to feel a pain in his stomach.

Great just what I need, to feel sick when I have to go out and celebrate Casey's 18th. I guess I'm just going to have pretend that I'm fine. Hopefully no one will notice until after tonight.

Kyle stops thinking and goes to grab his stuff so he can head home.

25 minutes later…

Braxton House – Living Room

"Come on Brax, it's my birthday after all." Casey says to is brother.

"Casey it isn't happening. You will be covering Matt's shift tomorrow whether you like it or not." Brax informs him "Therefore you will not be getting drunk tonight."

Just then Kyle walked through the door and put his bag on the chair beside the door: "What's going on?"

"Oh, nothing just Brax not allowing me to get drunk tonight because he once me to cover Matt's shift tomorrow." Casey says angrily "I'm going to go and finish getting ready."

Braxton House – Kitchen

Watching Casey walk out the room, Kyle heads into the kitchen and grabs a glass of water.

"Hey Kyle, are you ok?" Ricky asks as she enters the room.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" Kyle quizzes her "Anyway I think I'm going to get ready too."

Ricky watches Kyle walk out the room and goes back to what she was about to do.

15 minutes later…

Braxton House – Kyle's Bedroom

I really wish I don't have to go out tonight. Maybe I can say that I'm needed back at the restaurant instead of going out with everyone else. Then when they have left, I can just have an early night. What I'm kidding? They will never buy that lame excuse as they will see straight through it. There's every chance the pain will go away over the cause of night.

"Kyle, dinner is ready!" A shout breaks his train of thought.

Oh yey food! Just what I want right now!

5 minutes later…

Braxton House – Dining Room

"About time." Heath says as he notices Kyle "Can we eat now?"

"You're worse than Darcy." Bianca tells her husband.

"I'm starving." Heath says as he starts to eat.

Kyle sits down in the empty seat and looks at the food on his plate and the nausea comes back straight away.

9 minutes later…

Everyone was nearly finished eating when Brax notices that Kyle's plate was still full, and he was just moving it around the plate with his fork.

"Kyle, you not going to eat your dinner?" Brax asks his brother.

Everyone stops their conversations and looks at Kyle.

"I'm not really hungry at the moment." Kyle answers him not looking up from his plate.

The teacher side of Bianca decides to inform him: "You need to eat if you're going out drinking to stop yourself from getting drunk quicker."

Dropping his fork, Kyle looks at her and replies with: "I'm not that hungry because I had something at work as I didn't know if you lot would have eaten while I was there."

"Oh well if that's the case your all good." Bianca says.

"Does that mean I can eat his food too?" Heath asks with a mouth full of food.

Kyle gives Heath his plate and excuses himself from the table to go and finish getting ready.

3 hours later…

Yabbie Creek – Night Club 1

"Well what's everyone having?" Kyle asks.

"Just a beer mate." Brax says with Casey and Heath agreeing.

Kyle heads over to the bar leaving the other three to talk.

Night Club 1 – Bar Area

"What can I get you?" says the bartender.

"Can I get three beers and one coke please." Kyle asks.

"Sure thing." The bartenders says "There you go."

Kyle pays for the drinks and then heads back towards his brothers.

Night Club 1

"Has Kylie decided to have a vodka and coke like a girl?" Heath jokes when Kyle approaches them.

"No actually Heath it isn't a vodka and coke." Kyle stated "Instead I just got a coke with no alcohol in it."

Casey laughed when Kyle told them what he had: "Why?"

"I'm pacing myself don't want to get drunk while I'm in the first club."

"Well good on you Kyle for being sensible unlike us three." Brax laughs "Casey, maybe you should take a lesson from Kyle considering you have to work tomorrow."

"Thanks Kyle." Casey huffs.

"For what?" Kyle asks as he was confused as to what Casey meant.

"For giving him the idea of me pacing myself." Casey answers back.

"No problem." Kyle laughs.

With that the other three go back to the conversation they had started while Kyle was getting the drinks.

Thank god the pain and feeling sick has disappeared. I wonder what caused it? Oh well, it's gone and that's all that matters right now. Still, I will stick to soft drinks for now me thinks just to be safe.

4 hours and 47 minutes later…

Yabbie Creek – Night Club 3

"Casey, no more!" Brax tells his younger brother as he takes the shot of him.

"Why not?" Casey asks.

"Because your working tomorrow." Brax reminds him again.

"Fine no more booze." Casey says annoyingly.

Heath and Kyle reappear from the dance floor.

"Kyle has literally just been hit on by about 10 girls." Heath announces to his brothers.

"Whoa that's impressive bro!" Casey says and pats his brother on the back.

"Cheers Case!" Kyle says as he puts the phone number he got in his pocket.

With that the four brothers go back to talking.

Next Day – 10:23am…

BEEP BEEP

BEEP BEEP

A hand emerges from under the duvet and feels around for the alarm clock that resides on the bedside table and turns it off.

As soon as the alarm had stopped, the arm goes back under the duvet and the person it belongs to rolls over and goes back to sleep.

15 minutes later…

Braxton House – Garden

The other members of the Braxton household were sat in the garden having breakfast.

"This is unlike Kyle to not be up yet." Ricky informs the others.

Bianca jumps into the conversation with: "Did he get drunk or something last night?"

"No, he stuck to soft drinks all night." Casey says standing up "Which is odd to be honest. Anyway, if I have to go to work I better go and get ready."

They all say goodbye to Casey as he goes to get ready then leave the house.

"Did he really stick to soft drinks?" Bianca asks the other two.

"Yeah he did. Maybe he is just tired as he was at work pretty much all day yesterday and then we were out till 4am." Heath points out.

"Heath's right, he's probably just tired." Brax agrees "Anyway are we hitting the beach?"

With that the four of them get up and take their plates inside and grabs their stuff for the beach and leave.

2 hours later – 12:38pm…

Braxton House – Kyle's bedroom

Eventually Kyle wakes up and yawns. Slowly he sits up but moans in pain as he starts to feel sick again.

Not again! What is wrong with me this time? Oh god I think I'm going to be sick.

Kyle quickly puts his hand over his mouth and runs to the bathroom.

5 minutes later…

Braxton House – Bathroom

Kyle leans back against the wall beside the toilet after he had finished throwing up.

Ugh I hate being sick. I suppose there's one good thing, it didn't sound like anyone else was here thank god. They wouldn't leave me alone if they know I'm ill and I don't think I could cope with that as well. Oh no…

Kyle quickly sticks his head over the toilet again and throws up.

1 hour and 12 minutes later – 1:55pm…

Brax, Heath, Ricky and Bianca return home from being at the beach and having lunch at the dinner.

"It is quiet in this place for once." Ricky jokes.

"Kyle must be out." Heath suggests.

Brax looks at the corridor that leads to the bedrooms and bathroom.

"What is it?" Ricky asks her boyfriend.

"I might just go make sure he isn't in his room." Brax says as he walks out the room.

"I wonder if Brax realises that Kyle is an adult." Bianca says causing them all to laugh.

Braxton House - Corridor

Brax knocks on Kyle's door a couple of times and gets no answer so he decides to open the door and look in.

Kyle is in his bed asleep when Brax opens the door.

Typical he's still asleep and it's the middle of the day. He probably needs it. I might as well leave him.

Brax closes Kyle's door, not noticing the sweat that had formed on Kyle's head from how hot he is.

10 minutes later…

Spotting Brax reappearing, Ricky says: "Was he in his room?"

Sitting down on the sofa, Brax replies: "Yeah, still asleep though."

"In the middle of the day?" Bianca quizzes him "That's not like Kyle at all."

"Even I have to agree with my Bianca. That's not like Kyle at all Brax." Ricky adds.

Looking at the girls, Brax just says again he's probably tired form all the shifts he has been doing at the restaurant. He then joins Heath in watching the match.

55 minutes later – 3pm…

Casey enters the house after being at the restaurant for most of the day.

"Hey Case, how was work?" Brax asks his brother while laughing.

"Fine!" Casey states then looks around the room "Where's Kyle? I rang him like two hours ago, but he didn't answer."

"When we got back, he was still asleep and I'm assuming he still is as there's been no movement from his room." Heath tells him.

"That's unlike him." Casey commented "Well if he's still asleep, I might go grab a shower."

Casey leaves the room, and everyone goes back to what they were doing.

8 minutes later…

Casey reappears in the living room.

"Well that was a quick shower." Ricky jokes.

"I didn't go in." Casey informs them.

"Why not?" Brax asks curiously.

"Well considering the bathroom smells like vomit I think I would rather wait."

"Are you sure?" Brax says.

"Yeah I'm sure." Casey replies "Go and smell it if you don't believe me."

They all look at each in silence.

Ricky stands up and says: "That's it! I'm going to go and check on Kyle if you lot won't."

With that Ricky leaves the room.

2 minutes later…

Kyle was currently holding his stomach as every time he moved the pain intensified.

Suddenly there was a knocking at the door and Ricky popped her head round.

"Kyle, are you okay?" Ricky asks him.

"Yea Yeah." Kyle hisses in pain.

Ricky not taking that for an answer enters the room. She makes her way over to the window and opens the curtain to let some light into the room and turns around to look at Kyle.

When she manages to get a good look at him, she instantly notices the beads of sweat on his forehead and the look of pain on his face.

"You don't look ok." Ricky says.

"I'm fine." Kyle tells her.

Ricky walks over to the bed and puts her hand on his head: "Your burning up."

Before Kyle can say anything in reply he turns over and throws up on the floor.

"BRAX!" Ricky screams as Kyle continues to throw up.

1 minute later…

Brax comes running in the room to find his girlfriend rubbing Kyle's back as he throws up into the bin which she had grabbed while shouting for Brax.

"What's going?" Brax demands to know.

"I think we need to get him to the hospital." Ricky tells him.

"Why?"

"His vomit is green and that's certainly not normal." Ricky explained "The last time I saw green vomit was when Jamie's appendix burst."

Knowing that anything with appendix is serious Brax says: "Right we better get him to the hospital then. You grab one arm and I'll grab the other."

Brax and Ricky guide Kyle out into the living room and towards the open door.

"What's going on?" Heath asks noticing how pale his brother was.

"I think his appendix have burst." Ricky responds.

With that Brax quickly grabs his car and key and him Ricky take Kyle out to the car leaving the other three speechless.

35 minutes later – 3:46pm…

Hospital – Nurse's desk

Dr Nate Cooper was stood at the nurse's desk looking through a patient's file when he spots the two Braxton's and Ricky.

Walking towards them he asks: "What's wrong?"

"I think his appendix might have burst, Nate." Ricky explains.

"Right, if that's the case follow me as we better check him over straightaway." Nate answers and walks towards an empty room.

Hospital – Empty Room

"Right Kyle, I'm just going to press on your stomach, and I need you to let me know if it hurts." Nate informs his patient.

Nate starts to put pressure on the left side of Kyle's stomach and looks at Kyle who stays quiet. He then moves his hand over to the right side and just as he starts to put a bit pressure on it, Kyle screams.

"AHHHH!" Kyle shouts.

"Nate?" Brax questions the doctor.

Moving his hands away from Kyle's stomach: "I'm taking him straight to surgery as I agree with your diagnoses Ricky."

"So, they have burst?" she asks as some nurses enter the room.

"Yeah they have and if we don't get them out now, he's in trouble." Nate explains.

With that Kyle is wheeled away and straight to surgery.

1 hour and 45 minutes – 5:31pm...

Hospital – Waiting Room

In the time Kyle had been in surgery, the others had made their way to the hospital and were now gathered in the waiting room.

Suddenly the door opened and Nate appeared: "The surgery was a success."

"So, he is going to be ok?" Heath asks.

"Yeah he will be." Nate tells them "Although, what I don't understand is why it took so long for him to come in."

"What do you mean?" Brax asks.

"Well Brax, from the looks of them it appears the symptoms probably started to show yesterday." Nate tells them "Anyway you can go and see him now. He's down the hall in room 5."

"So now it makes sense as to why he didn't drink last night." Casey states.

"Thanks Nate." They all say.

With that they all leave the waiting toom to go check on Kyle.

9 minutes later…

Hospital – Room 5

As they entered the room, they noticed that Kyle was already awake.

"You are in so much trouble." Brax states as he approaches the bed.

"I'm sorry Brax." Kyle says with a sombre look on his face "If I knew it was that serious then I would have said something before all of this."

"Have you learnt your lesson?" Bianca asks him.

"Yes. I promise." Kyle tells them all.

"Good." They all say loudly.

The room goes quiet for a minute then Kyle asks: "When can I go home?"

Everyone bursts out laughing leaving Kyle with a look of confusion on his face.

• 2 months later...

Idea by Joyce (Fanfiction): Was wondering if you could do a story in which, there's some type of situation going on with the Braxton brothers, so Kyle decided to sacrifice himself and gets really badly hurt. And because Kyle doesn't fell like he's part of the brothers... It could be a kidnapping or something maybe? Perhaps Kyle gets stabbed.

Chapter 27 - Sacrifice

(7:35pm)….

Middle of Nowhere - Abandoned Building – Empty Room

"Hurry up Heath!" Casey shouts as his brother undoes the rope that is currently keeping his handed behind his back.

Eventually getting the rope undone, Heath says to his brother: "Will you be quiet, they might hear you."

"Heath is right, Case we need to be quiet." Brax informs his baby brother while freeing Kyle.

"Well I'm sorry if you are ok with this but I'm not." Casey exclaims.

Standing up once he was free, Kyle walks over to the door and puts his ear to it in hopes of hearing what was being said on the other side.

"What is he doing?" Casey asks when he notices Kyle.

"I'm trying to hear if there is anyone on the other side of the door." Kyle responds.

"And?" Heath asks him.

"It doesn't sound like there is so for now we are safe." Kyle sighs and wanders back over to his brothers.

"Safe? How are we safe, Kyle? They could come back at any minute!" Casey says starting to panic.

Brax walks over to the youngest Braxton and puts his hands on either side of his face and tells him: "Casey, you need to calm down. Getting yourself worked up like this isn't going to help the situation. Kyle is right, if there is no one on the other side of the door we are safe for now."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure, we now need to figure out what we are going to do." Brax says as he releases Casey's face from his hands.

Kyle looks at his three brothers, then suggests: "Well we have two options, first one being we wait and take what is coming or the second option try and escape."

"Are they really the only two options you could come up with?" Heath says loudly.

"Well I do have a third, but you aren't going to go for it." Kyle mentions to them all.

Brax considers the first two options then turns to Kyle: "What's the third option?"

"One of us becomes the bait to allow the other three to escape. If we choose this option, I will be the bait."

"Not happening!" Both Heath and Brax yell.

"Why not?" Casey says standing up and walking over to his brothers.

"Because it will be a suicide mission Case that's why." Heath explains to him.

"One which he offered to take." Casey pointed out.

Kyle had enough of listening to them and decided to speak up: "He's right Heath. Look you three all have someone waiting for you to come home safely plus if one you three died in this situation how will the other two cope? With me I have nothing to lose. No one waiting for me. Plus, can you three honestly say you will miss me as much as you would if it was one of you three?"

The other three Braxtons just looked at Kyle speechless. Deep down they knew they wouldn't cope if it was one of them three that died considering it had been the three of them against the world since they can remember. However, Kyle was their brother and they had only just found him and the thought of not having him in their lives would be painful too.

"Come on Brax you know it's the only way of any of us getting out here. So please you need to let me do this." Kyle turns and begs his brother "Let me prove to you all that I can be like you three."

What do I do? I know what Kyle is probably right, but I can't let him do this. Yet again he is capable of looking after himself he did it for yours before he found dad and us. Maybe I should let him do this. Stop it Brax! You cannot do this to him, after all he is still a kid himself and he has so much to live for.

Brax stops thinking to himself and turns to Kyle then informs him: "You won't be doing the third option Kyle."

"Come on Brax!" Kyle shouts at him.

"We are all getting out of here together or not at all." Brax says and makes sure that they all understand that clearly.

With that being the end of the conversation, the four brothers come up with a plan to try and get out of where ever they were alive.

(9:47pm) 2 hours and 12 minutes later…

"What on earth is taking them so long?" Heath demands to know.

"I don't know but that might be their plan to get us when we least expect it." Kyle points out.

"Not helping Kyle!" Heath yells.

Kyle apologises and they all go back to sitting in silence.

(12:04am) 2 hours and 17 minutes later…

Waiting for what was to come had started to get boring and soon enough three of the Braxton clan had fallen asleep. However, Kyle was still awake watching and waiting for their kidnappers to come back.

Technically, they are adultnappers when I think about considering kidnappers take kids and none of us are kids. I wonder what is taking these people so long because this is ridiculous now. I can't believe them three can sleep at time like this…

A noise from the other side of the door startles Kyle from his thoughts and he quickly wakes the other three up.

"What's going on?" Casey asks.

"Ask Kyle as he just woke us all up." Brax says.

"Listen." Kyle says pointing towards the door.

"Is that voices?" Heath quizzes them.

"Yeah, something tells me we are about to meet them." Kyle replies just as the door opens and five men enter the room.

The five men stand in front of the four Braxtons and stare at them for a couple of seconds then one of them steps forward: "Eventually I get the pleasure of meeting the famous Braxton brothers."

"Who the hell are you?!" Heath shouts at the guy.

"I'm shocked!" The guy says with a surprised look on his face "Did Danny never mention me to you boys?"

"Callum!" Kyle says to himself.

"So, he did mention me, I'm going to assume that you are Kyle." Callum says to him.

"He only told me that if you ever came knocking to run and don't look back!" Kyle tells him remembering what his dad had said to him.

Not liking the fact, he didn't know what was going on, Brax interrupted the conversation: "I'm sorry but unlike Kyle, Danny never mentioned you to us three so care explaining?"

Walking over to the brothers, Callum responds with: "I'm going to guess that your Brax, Heath and baby Casey. So, Danny told Kyle about me but not you three this shall be fun. Once upon a time me and your dad did some business together, but it went belly up and he left me hanging, high and dry with no money and a one-way ticket to jail. So, for the last 13 years I've been planning what I will do to him, but shock turns out little Casey here already took care of Danny so that means I have to take it out on you four."

"We haven't done anything to you so just let us go!" Casey snapped at the man.

"Shut up Casey!" Brax tells him as he didn't want the situation to be made worse.

"I like this one! He can be the first one, take him." Callum says to the other men in the room and then leaves.

The four men close in on the Braxtons ready to grab them and take Casey but before they had a chance Heath punched one of the men which confused them all giving the brothers a chance to run.

(12:42am) 38 minutes later…

Middle of Nowhere – Abandoned Building

The four brothers keep running until they come to a dead end.

"Now what?" Casey asks.

"No offence Casey but I didn't think to ask them for directions." Heath tells him.

"Let's just head back and find a different route out of here." Brax says quietly.

Kyle stays quiet and just follows his brothers back the way they came.

(12:59am) 17 minutes later…

Middle of Nowhere – Abandoned Building – Exit

Up ahead the brothers could see the exit and quickly they ran as Brax, Heath and Casey left the building they stopped noticing that Kyle was still inside the building.

"Hurry up!" Heath yells.

"Go, I'll hold them off." Kyle informs them.

Running over to Kyle, Brax grabs him and pulls him along into the trees.

(1:35am) 36 minutes later…

Middle of Nowhere – Woods

"Where are they?!" Callum shouts at his men "Find them now!"

Not realising the brothers where actually closer than Callum knew, the man and his thugs headed off in a different direction.

"Right we need to go now." Brax says quietly and starts moving away from the direction their kidnapper had just walked off in.

The other three Braxtons followed knowing that to survive they had no other choice but to head back towards the building.

(1:45am) 10 minutes later…

As the Braxtons were heading back towards the building, Callum had also had the idea that they might head back there to try and call for help so while his men were searching the woods, he retraced his steps.

Suddenly he heard voices from just up ahead. Spotting the brothers, Callum darted behind a tree.

It's now or never! You are only going to get one chance so pick carefully. Which one will be the easiest to take? I know Casey, the baby and the one they all sought to protect but that makes it more fun!

Quickly, Callum runs after the brothers to try and catch up with them.

(1:53am) 8 minutes later…

"Brax, are you positive this is the right way?" Heath asks the oldest Braxton.

"Yes." Brax responds quickly.

Kyle ignores his brothers and continues walking then stops as he hears a noise like a twig snapping when stood on coming from behind them.

"Guys." Kyle says loudly but not too loud.

"Not now Kyle." Brax answers.

"I think we are being followed Brax."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I just heard a twig snap from behind us."

"It was probably an animal." Casey interrupts.

"No, it sounded too heavy to be an animal Case." Kyle mentions.

Knowing that he had been found out, Callum thought it would be a good idea to show his face.

Stepping out from behind the tree, Callum speaks: "Now that is just insulting. I'm not that heavy!"

The four Braxtons just stand there and watch the man.

"Well you look it!" Kyle retorted back at the man.

"Kyle, stop it!" Heath and Brax both say.

"Yeah Kyle stop it." Callum taunts Kyle.

Noticing that the man he had left at the building was stood behind the brothers, Callum smiled and ran at the unexpected brothers.

Bang…

(1:55am) 2 minutes later…

Time seemed to slow down and none of the brothers knew what was happening. Until Callum and his man got up off the floor and ran off not wanting to stick around in case someone heard the gunshot.

Standing up Brax walked over to Casey and helped him up: "Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine Brax what about you?" Casey asks his big brother.

"All good. Heath?" Brax calls out.

"I'm fine Brax don't worry about me." Heath says as Brax and Casey quickly walk over and pull him into a hug.

While them three were in the middle of a hug, Kyle was stood looking at the night sky.

"The sky is pretty at night." Kyle said out loud which alerted his brothers to the fact he was still there.

Walking over to Kyle, Brax tapped on his shoulder to get him to turn around. When Kyle did, all brothers gasped when they saw the blood starting to turn his white t-shirt red.

"Kyle, did they get you?" Brax asked.

Looking down, Kyle looked at his top: "He was going to shoot Casey, so I pushed him out the way. I guess he got me instead."

Before they have a chance to say anything else, Kyle collapses in a heap on the floor.

Brax throws himself on the floor and tries to wake Kyle up. He then places his fingers on his brother's neck and can't find a pulse so starts to administer CPR. The other two Braxtons just watch as Brax desperately tries to save their brother…

3 days later (11:34am)...

Yabbie Creek District Hospital – ICU – Kyle's room

Darkness.

The only thing he can see is darkness, then slowly he starts to open his eyes and quickly closes them again when the light hurts them.

He can hear voices asking him to open his eyes again and someone, Heath saying he'll go grab the doctor.

Forcing them open, Kyle opens his eyes again and moves his hand towards whatever was sticking out of his mouth.

"No Kyle!" Brax says to his brother as he grabs his hand, to stop him from pulling the tube out.

"Someone decided to wake up eventually." Sid speaks as he walks over to his patient. "Kyle, I'm just going to shine this light in your eyes."

Stepping over towards the other side of the room, all three Braxton brothers look at Kyle was relief and sadness knowing that there was a chance Kyle could have died not knowing they really did see him as part of them.

Archived