Characters that flopped.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a character called Tim O'Connell who was in the show during 1997.He was a teenage fisherman who fell for Sally and was going to become a main character according to what i read at the time.Then for some reason he was hastily written out by becoming Sally's stalker.tim.jpg

OTOMH

Lynn - Was kind of the Fletcher misfit

Floss and Neville - Didn't fit with Monahan's vision

Lucinda - Not many people invested in her without a guy, plus Dee Smart and the producers weren't best bedfellows.

Donna -Only had one REAL moment of note.

Liam Tanner and Stephanie Mboto = Fans couldn't really connect with them could they?

More recent examples:

Spencer - Apart from pining for Maddy and hitting people like Klitschko... He just didn't work.

9 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

What about Joel and Natalie Nash? I feel they flopped like a jelly on a wet mattress.

They kept up viewer interest but when they moved in with the in-laws post-fire, they lost a bit of ground. Plus Natalie mysteriously got Younger and sexier over night! ?

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:27 PM, Homeandawayfan. said:

Grant Mitchell played by Craig McLachlan. He flopped quite early on.

He was basically a more serious Henry only bar the criminal conviction.

On 16/07/2017 at 0:15 PM, 630si said:

Se i loved Oscar. But you're right, I don't think anybody knew what to do with him, and Evie had some great storylines. 

Oscar should've been struggling with his sexuality if you ask me. Would've given him so much more.

I thought Spencer was a flop. And unfortunately was in an era of weak teens too which just made him more blah

I also thought that Oscar would have been a good person to explore a sexuality storyline rather than just going for the stereotypical geeky boy going after girl that is thought to be out of his league. 

I think the problem with Oscar and Spencer (and can see the problem with the likes of Nate and Zac) is that TPTB love the bad guys turned good characters - hence their love for the Braxtons. But they struggle with writing the "nice guys" --> the "nice guys" don't have to be boring. Look at say Robbie or Dex who had very distinct personalities (and interesting storylines) despite being the "nice guys"

I am not sure Jordan and Skye count as flops - as both characters seem to be relatively well received, and so the decision to cut their storylines short seemed to make no sense.

I think Elijah was definitely a flop. Leah has had some bland partners in crime, but Ellijah has had to be the worst. I think the problem with Elijah is that I don't think the writer thought beyond introducing his character for diversity. 

On 7/18/2017 at 4:19 PM, CaptainHulk said:

Liam Tanner and Stephanie Mboto = Fans couldn't really connect with them could they?

Casey Mitchell was also around at this time as well. In fact, I'd say Joey was the only who stayed for a considerable length. Personally, I liked the entire group (Tegan, Liam, Stephanie, Casey and Joey!) much more the 2000-2004 group. 

What about Judith Ackroyd and Peta Janossi? A both remembered for anything outside of the Edward storyline? 

A few other characters for the list: Charlotte Adams, Luke Cunningham, Aaron Wells, Alex Bennett, Josie Russell, Roman Harris, Natalie Davidson. 

There's a few others I'm not 100% sure what the story is either. They were the greatest characters and left pretty quickly, but I feel like the actors left of their own accord: Viv Newton, Karen Dean, Rob Storey, Kelly Watson, Harry Reynolds, Josh West, Hugo Austin, Tamara Kingsley. 

Archived