Past, Present and Future

Kellicopter

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankyou everyone for your kind words. I've found that this has given me something exciting to do in my otherwise very boring life (at the moment anyway, could potentially have a job soon!) 

Chapter 2

Waking up in the Morgan house on the weekend wasn't the worst thing in the world. The smell of breakfast would go above and beyond each door frame, and the smell of freshly brewed coffee would linger in the kitchen. Brody had been trying to make it up to his family since they picked him up from rehab. Their family unit may be slightly dysfunctional, but he realised without them, his life would have gone in the gutter, and there's a high chance he could have been dead by now.

Breakfast this morning was bacon, sausages, eggs, toast and beans. Fry-up a la Brody. On a Sunday morning, it's unusual for Raffy to be up first, but on the other side of her double bed Buddy got a bit fidgety at the smell of bacon. She wiped her eyes, stretched her arms, checked her phone and stepped out of bed to slip on her dressing gown. She headed towards the kitchen with her best Buddy leading the way.

“Hmmm smells good Brods”, she said after inhaling the breakfast that had been placed on the dining table for her. He smiled as he went to knock on Tori, Justin and Mason's doors to let them know breakfast was ready.

They all came out of their bedrooms one by one, grabbing a cup of coffee before sitting at the table with Raffy. Sunday was the only real day they could spent together as a family, with the garage closed, school off, Brody not needed in Salt until late afternoon, and Tori and Mason requesting evening shifts. Today had some significance with the family. It was a day they would all remember and be thankful for. Today was worth a little family event. Some families celebrate birthdays every year, or wedding anniversaries. But today was one year on from the day the Morgan family was officially out of witness protection.

“So, who'd have thought after seven years in, we'd be totally okay after one year out?!” Justin was the first to bring up the subject, after a mouthful of egg.

“What a year we've all had.” Started Tori, “Justin got engaged AND broke up, me and Nate got together and broke up multiple times," she shuddered at the memory of her ex, "Mason completed another year of medicine, Raffy you're doing really well with school.” looking at each of them as she mentioned their names, “ Brody...Just know we're really proud of you. We don't know what we would have done if we'd lost you, you know that don't you?” she smiled sincerely as the words left her mouth.

I know guys. And thankyou. Thank you for not giving up on me.” Brody lifted his coffee cup to the middle of the table to cheers his family, and they all smiled as they joined in.

"Cheers" they all said in unison.

Raffy started picking up empty plates off the table, the few shifts she'd worked at the diner months before had really paid off, and Brody had noticed. “Hey Raf, how do you fancy earning a bit of extra money over the holidays? We could really use an extra pair of hands at the restaurant” Raffy put the plates next to the sink and laughed. She opened the dishwasher and started stacking.
“That desperate for cheap labour are you?” she scoffed. “You know I still have school work I have to do over the holidays right?” she asked.

Brody looked disappointed, “Sorry Raf, I just thought you'd like a bit of extra money...Saves you conning it out of Justin like you usually do. And you're pretty good with the table service,” he looked over at Justin, who was trying to hold in a giggle. He needed his brother to back him up.

Look Raf, I'm sure Brod would pay you hourly, rather than $20 for whatever you con me into giving you money for. Besides, VJ will be starting in the garage soon, and there'll be less work for him to do if you do it all.” He smiled, his eyes catching hers.

Ugh fine, but on one condition,” she had sat back down with a fresh glass of orange juice, and looked at her family. “You need to help me with my story writing for school. I want to write something slightly factual, with name changes, based on your time in witness protection...” Her eyes lit up, she always wanted to know more about their time in hiding, but never had a reason to ask. The family looked around at each other. Was there really any need to hide this information any more? Tori looked at Justin, and Justin looked back. His mouth slightly open as if he was ready to talk.

I'll tell you what Raf, you can interview each of us, talk to us all individually and get what you need okay? As long as you promise people won't know it's factual and you go wait some tables at Salt and show off that dazzling personality.” Everyone nodded in agreement and Raffy ran over to give her big brother a hug. She was so excited.

“Miss Johnson is going to be amazed!" Raffy had a big grin on her face, "It's going to be the BEST STORY EVER!”

Oh, my goodness!!! I absolutely love this! Such a lovely family scene :wub: (again, very well written.) I especially liked the mention of Buddy waking Raffy up because he could smell bacon.  I could almost smell it too.  I'm very excited to read each person's interview although I am wondering if giving away all those details could possibly cause trouble. Only time will tell, I guess.... :ph34r:

Yes I have no doubt that this will be THE BEST STORY EVER  :)

I also shudder as Tori does when she thinks of Nate she's not the only one Well done on your writing style I like it.

Oh and good luck with getting the job

Archived