1996-1999 Storylines

Skylover

3 hours ago, joany208121 said:

Steph Arrives (May 1996)

3 hours ago, chair said:

I believe Steven leaves as well. (It was February 1997 in the UK.)

Okay, possibly going to look stupid here but...who's Steph?

Even when Tiegan turned up she was just a guest originally.By the time she came in permanently, Aaron was already there!

Steven left November 1996 at Oz pace.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocked they played Kylie Minogue when Angel was spreading Shane's ashes! At first I thought it was Dannii Minogue but a quick Shazam reveals it was Dangerous Game by Kylie! They've been playing Dannii on the juke box every day since 1990! :D 

10 hours ago, Skylover said:

Killing off Alf or Ailsa would have left the same amount of houses for teens to live in anyway as the other one would have still been around. Plus there was Donald.

Yeah, but killing Alf, Ailsa or Don would have upset the applecart too much, they'd have had to find a replacement to run the store/diner or school, plus they were original cast members. If it was down to budget then Michael was probably the biggest gain as he didn't really have any roles that needed filling by bringing in another regular character, plus he probably had the biggest impact as his death affected Pippa, the foster kids, Steven, Alf, plus all those who felt for Pippa.

44 minutes ago, c120701 said:

Yeah, but killing Alf, Ailsa or Don would have upset the applecart too much, they'd have had to find a replacement to run the store/diner or school, plus they were original cast members. If it was down to budget then Michael was probably the biggest gain as he didn't really have any roles that needed filling by bringing in another regular character, plus he probably had the biggest impact as his death affected Pippa, the foster kids, Steven, Alf, plus all those who felt for Pippa.

Irene was lower down the pecking order than Michael, plus it was short-term gain by having the impact of Michael's death, as long-term it was a bad decision when the show changed its identity after Pippa left. But I guess everyone has different opinions on it though!

1 hour ago, Skylover said:

Irene was lower down the pecking order than Michael, plus it was short-term gain by having the impact of Michael's death, as long-term it was a bad decision when the show changed its identity after Pippa left. But I guess everyone has different opinions on it though!

I do feel the Nashes were not as "tea time viewing" as Pippa's lot. The Nashes had to fight off a kidnapper from Joel's past etc.

I do feel the show went a different route when Pippa left in 1998. But it was not until 2000 when the original Diner was written out and Ailsa died that "old school" H&A really died.

1 hour ago, Skylover said:

Exactly, probably cheaper too, but as someone said, she was the head of her household.

Archived