Jump to content
Skylover

1996-1999 Storylines

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Skylover said:

What! I thought Finn couldn't have kids!

Doctors got it wrong.

Casey could be very annoying, and ended up leaving under a bit of a cloud, but if you watch her whole arc there is a vulnerability to her that makes her vaguely likable.She had a fairly traumatic back story with a mentally ill mum who thought she was a demon who needed exorcising.She was actually Curtis' next girlfriend after he and Chloe broke up (although Curtis and Chloe had quite a long way to go).

My purported highlights from that imaginary DVD box set:

1996

1.Episode 1847-Bennett is arrested

2.Episode 1877-Shane dies

3.Episode 1912-Michael is washed away/Baby Shane is born

4.Episode 1955-Chloe is raped

5.Episode 2000-Angel leaves

6.Episode 2036-Don and Marilyn’s wedding

7.Episode 2057-Steven rescues Sally from bush

8.Episode 2065-Season finale

1997

1.Episode 2099-Irene gives birth to Paul

2.Episode 2120-Stephanie’s death

3.Episode 2151-Commune fire

4.Episode 2213-Shannon leaves

5.Episode 2215-Steven and Selina get back together

6.Episode 2227-Lachie and Chloe sleep together

7.Episode 2266-Bennett is shot

8.Episode 2295-Season finale:Travis and Rebecca marry

1998

1.Episode 2323-The new Nashes arrive

2.Episode 2343-Pippa leaves

3.Episode 2345-Jesse and Kylie’s abortive wedding

4.Episode 2351-Selina in the UK

5.Episode 2366-Chloe gives birth to Olivia

6.Episode 2442-Sam and Daria find out about Sally and Sean

7.Episode 2481-Hayley’s arrival

8.Episode 2525-Season finale:Gypsy is kidnapped

1999

1.Episode 2533-DiAngelo is arrested

2.Episode 2552-Byron is born

3.Episode 2608-James and Chloe marry

4.Episode 2618-Ruby is rushed to hospital

5.Episode 2644-News of Lachie’s death

6.Episode 2678-Travis and Rebecca leave

7.Episode 2709-Colleen’s return

8.Episode 2742-Harry and Shauna tackle hitman

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Doctors got it wrong.

Casey could be very annoying, and ended up leaving under a bit of a cloud, but if you watch her whole arc there is a vulnerability to her that makes her vaguely liable. She had a fairly traumatic back story with a mentally ill mum who thought she was a demon who needed exorcising. She was actually Curtis' next girlfriend after he and Chloe broke up (although Curtis and Chloe had quite a long way to go).

Casey sounds like an early Melody :lol: It's a shame all these break-ups. It Curtis' exit any good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skylover said:

Casey sounds like an early Melody :lol: It's a shame all these break-ups. It Curtis' exit any good?

It's okay.I'm finding I don't remember characters' last scenes very much, probably because there's only so much variety you can put into "Everyone hugs them by a car".

Anyway, basically you get the feeling that someone decided that the actress that played Laura was the one he'd had the best chemistry with, because they brought her back as a lookalike character called Jenna (sans accent) and had Curtis rescue her from an abusive teenage marriage to a guy who looked like Stonie from Neighbours, then they drove off into the sunset together after he decided to be a pro surfer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

It's okay.I'm finding I don't remember characters' last scenes very much, probably because there's only so much variety you can put into "Everyone hugs them by a car".

Anyway, basically you get the feeling that someone decided that the actress that played Laura was the one he'd had the best chemistry with, because they brought her back as a lookalike character called Jenna (sans accent) and had Curtis rescue her from an abusive teenage marriage to a guy who looked like Stonie from Neighbours, then they drove off into the sunset together after he decided to be a pro surfer.

Doesn't sound too bad, Laura's tenure was tarnished by that faux-Italian accent I think, but I did enjoy her time on the show. I wish Jack had stayed around a bit longer and we'd seen more of his friendship with Curtis. That credit sequence in 1997 with Curtis walking up the beach on his own makes him look like a lone ranger by that point, though I don't know if it came across like that on the actual show.

Tegan doesn't look too bad from the little I've seen.

I just saw the clip on YouTube where Sally got annoyed with Pippa for not letting her take over the caravan park. It does look a little like Pippa just abandoned everything to leave :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Skylover said:

I just saw the clip on YouTube where Sally got annoyed with Pippa for not letting her take over the caravan park. It does look a little like Pippa just abandoned everything to leave :( 

Actually, that was pretty much Sally being a brat.She had this whole self-entitled attitude of "You lot have only been here five minutes, Pippa's going to put what I want first" only to get a rude awakening when instead Pippa did her best to make sure that Tiegan, Justine and Sam still had a home and family, rather than just handing over a love shack to Sally and her latest boyfriend (who went psycho very soon afterwards anyway and got told not to let the door hit him on his way out of town).One of the few periods when I really didn't like Sally although she pulled herself back quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

The thing is too if Debra left and Michael had stayed then Pippa would have been killed off. I can't see Michael continuing fostering without Pippa and then they would even still have axed Michael anyway in 1998 to give Pippa happy ending.    

I think Michael fostering if Pippa died would have worked. There's no saying who would/wouldn't have quit, as we don't know what the actors would have felt about their personal situations.

11 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Actually, that was pretty much Sally being a brat.She had this whole self-entitled attitude of "You lot have only been here five minutes, Pippa's going to put what I want first" only to get a rude awakening when instead Pippa did her best to make sure that Tiegan, Justine and Sam still had a home and family, rather than just handing over a love shack to Sally and her latest boyfriend (who went psycho very soon afterwards anyway and got told not to let the door hit him on his way out of town).One of the few periods when I really didn't like Sally although she pulled herself back quickly.

It just seems odd that Sally stayed behind without Pippa at all, I'm guessing Pippa gave her the option to go with her and I think it's out of character for Sally not to go with her, but I guess the writers didn't want to let Sally go at the time.

That story where Pippa bumped her head after Kye stormed into SBH looked good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Skylover said:

What was that storyline?

The new Nash family were terrorised by a man who pretend to be Gypsy's tutor under a false name. He kidnapped her and even dug her a grave as he tried to get revenge on her farther, who had previously arrested him back in Hong Kong. He also seems to kidnap and put Joel on an island while he haunts the Nat, Tom and Gypsy, eventually burning down their house while they are still trapped inside. 

He later came back to the bay after he escaped prison to find some money he had hidden (and Duncan had found). He then held Duncan and Ailsa hostage.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Skylover said:

It just seems odd that Sally stayed behind without Pippa at all, I'm guessing Pippa gave her the option to go with her and I think it's out of character for Sally not to go with her, but I guess the writers didn't want to let Sally go at the time.

Doesn't seem odd at all to me.She was grown up, she had her own life, Summer Bay was her home.Pippa was only meant to be going away for six months originally, so I don't think it ever came up.By the time Pippa decided to stay away permanently and gave the foster children the option to come and live with her, Sally had moved out and moved on.

 

1 hour ago, joany208121 said:

The new Nash family were terrorised by a man who pretend to be Gypsy's tutor under a false name. He kidnapped her and even dug her a grave as he tried to get revenge on her farther, who had previously arrested him back in Hong Kong. He also seems to kidnap and put Joel on an island while he haunts the Nat, Tom and Gypsy, eventually burning down their house while they are still trapped inside. 

Um, I think you're thinking of Roman and Nicole there! As I recall, he simply stranded Joel miles out of town with no transport.He just had to run a long way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.