1996-1999 Storylines

Skylover

1 hour ago, j.laur5 said:

But Dennis would have quit in 1998 anyway because Debra was quitting as they were moving away from to Sydney to live in Melbourne to be close to Debra's mum.

Not necessarily...and the producers may not have known Debra's personal situation. Dennis might have stayed on and Debra might have quit instead...that way they would have had Dennis as the main bread-winner and Debra could have spent time with her mum. I'd rather have had Michael than no Michael or Pippa at all past 1998. I do love Irene, Alf and Ailsa too but I don't think they were as essential to the story as Michael or Pippa.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Skylover said:

Not necessarily...and the producers may not have known Debra's personal situation. Dennis might have stayed on and Debra might have quit instead...that way they would have had Dennis as the main bread-winner and Debra could have spent time with her mum. I'd rather have had Michael than no Michael or Pippa at all past 1998. I do love Irene, Alf and Ailsa too but I don't think they were as essential to the story as Michael or Pippa.

But the thing is Debra quit to move to Melbourne to be close to her mum. H&A  is filmed in Sydney and would  mean Dennis flying  back and forth form Sydney to Melbourne.

I think Debra would have stayed on H&A if her mum lived in Sydney like I think Judy would have stayed on H&A if she had stayed acting and not started to write novels.

The thing is too if Debra left and Michael had stayed then Pippa would have been killed off. I can't see Michael continuing fostering without Pippa and then they would even still have axed Michael anyway in 1998 to give Pippa happy ending.    

I absolutely love the golden age but what I like about from around mid 97 until 2000 is that humour was injected back into the show. 95 and 96 are quite serious. 

I absolutely love the golden age but what I like about from around mid 97 until 2000 is that humour was injected back into the show. 95 and 96 are quite serious. 

15 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

That sounds good. I wish they'd not married off Pippa again.

Going from what BTTB has as their year summaries, I have listed the major storylines that haven't been aired on 7two's repeats. I don't have anything for '99. '98 is a bit scarce too. Please note not everything is in order, and please let me know if anything is wrong or you think something was missed that was a major arc/story.

• Chris Hale being identified as responsible for Shane's hit and run
  • Kelly and the spider
  • Don and Maz's marriage
  • Simon and Angel
  • Shannon and her Mum (we only saw a little bit)
  • Irene's surrogacy
  • Steven and Selena together and the subsequent events that occur when Jeremy find out
  • Sally goes missing and is 'rescued' by Jamie
  • Liam, Jesse, Casey, Stephanie and Joey arrive
  • Michael Dies/ the flood
  • Angel gives birth
  • Bert and Alf have a heart attack
  • The Earthquake
  • Jack and Angel and Dylan leave
  • Keith holds the school hostage
  • Chloe's Rape and the introduction of Brad

• Chloe's Kidnapping aftermath
  • Ailsa's brother plans to get revenge for killing their father
  • Tiegan's arrival and her illiteracy 
  • Casey and Curtis are believed to be dead
  • Kelly and Travis get engaged and then break up
  • Colleen returns
  • Irene gives birth to one of Finn's kids and it goes missing
  • Saul returns
  • Chloe/Selina/Jesse/Steven love triangle
  • Saul's Commune Fire
  • Steven and Selina get engaged
  • Selina goes missing on her wedding day
  • Saul dies
  • Kye puts Pippa into a coma
  • Stephanie dies
  • Don and Maz have a miscarriage 
  • Lachlan and Diana, Justine and Aaron, Vinne arrive
  • Shannon and Curtis, and Casey leave
  • Curtis and "Jenna"/Laura 
  • Rebecca goes deaf
  • Cyclone Raymond
  • Pippa and Ian date
  • Travis and Rebecca marry

• Pippa leaves (and everyone does a house swap)
  • Maz has an benign tumor removed and later becomes pregnant
  • Will, Gypsy, Tom, Joel and Natalie arrive
  • Jesse and Kylie's wedding
  • Jesse and Kylie go on the run
  • Marilyn, Irene and later Steven visit Selina in the UK
  • Chloe's pregnancy
  • Aaron leaves, 
  • Kylie dies
  • Olivia is born
  • Lachie has a brain tumour and goes to the USA
  • A&A lose Rachel at a shopping centre
  • Sally is shot
  • James arrives
  • Robert/David terrorises the Nash family

22 minutes ago, joany208121 said:

Going from what BTTB has as their year summaries, I have listed the major storylines that haven't been aired on 7two's repeats.

Just to point people to the site for said summaries for further details - http://www.backtothebay.net/episodes/years/

That section has got a revamp on the cards, with summaries for 1999 and other missing years to be added as part of that.

22 minutes ago, Dan F said:

Just to point people to the site for said summaries for further details - http://www.backtothebay.net/episodes/years/

That section has got a revamp on the cards, with summaries for 1999 and other missing years to be added as part of that.

Sounds good Dan. I wonder if there are any millionaire Home and Away fans who can afford a donation to 7 to cover re-negotiation costs to air these episodes :P 

Archived