1996-1999 Storylines

Skylover

15 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Actually, that was pretty much Sally being a brat.She had this whole self-entitled attitude of "You lot have only been here five minutes, Pippa's going to put what I want first" only to get a rude awakening when instead Pippa did her best to make sure that Tiegan, Justine and Sam still had a home and family, rather than just handing over a love shack to Sally and her latest boyfriend (who went psycho very soon afterwards anyway and got told not to let the door hit him on his way out of town).One of the few periods when I really didn't like Sally although she pulled herself back quickly.

Yes, but also Pippa's seeming disbelief that Sally might not really want her to go annoyed me. How could Pippa not realise Sally would be upset, that even if she said she was happy for Pippa, she was still cut up about her departure...?

I didn't realise the new Nashes and Pippa actually crossed over - but actually it makes sense given Joel and Pippa acted like they knew each other in 2000. When did Will arrive? Was it the very end of 1997 or early 1998?

I was really looking forward to the 1997-1999 period. It's the first period I have real memories of. I know it's not especially well considered but for me it would've brought a lot of nostalgia seeing it again... Oh well...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

How long were the Nashes on the show before Pippa left?.

From the earlier list of episodes posted it was 20 episodes.

The scene that always sticks in my head from the Robert story is when he'd kidnapped Natalie and held her in the old Nash House (Travis's/Leah's) and somehow she'd managed to get hold of the cordless phone, maybe it had been left on the couch or something, but she managed to call Summer Bay House, it had gone to answerphone just as people were arriving back to hear her talk about Vinnie/Sally/Jesse being home soon or something so they knew where she was.

Anyway, when help turned up they asked how she'd managed to dial the number for home without Robert noticing, but she explained she hadn't and had just hit redial, so for all she knew she was ringing Vinnie's stripping agency. 

13 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Does anyone remember there was always hints at an attraction between Natalie and Jesse but nothing ever came about. Even the original Natalie. 

Yeah, there was always something, they were obviously close as he left Rachel with her.

I left school in 1998 and this era was where I was less of a regular than 2 years earlier as so many great characters left. I think their successors such as Casey, Aaron, Liam and Tiegan did not cut the mustard like Shangel, Tug, Sarah and Damo did. I look back now knowing the Shangel era was not going to last forever though and the show had to move on.

Don and Maz, Daz, (I love the couple combos) their marriage hit the rocks in 1998.

It really is a shame we can't see this era again. Everyone always says the likes of Curtis, Shannon, Selina and Jack were the better teen gang - but when I think about characters like Joey, Tiegan, Casey, Stephanie etc. they seem so interesting to me, so unlike any group of teens Home & Away has dealt with before or since. Maybe they didn't really work out as the producers hoped (for this reason so many of them left so quickly) but I think in terms of backstory and characterisation, they were some of the most intriguing characters I can recall. But also, this was the first era I actually have proper memories of so maybe I'm just being nostalgic...

1 minute ago, Spinach said:

It really is a shame we can't see this era again. Everyone always says the likes of Curtis, Shannon, Selina and Jack were the better teen gang - but when I think about characters like Joey, Tiegan, Casey, Stephanie etc. they seem so interesting to me, so unlike any group of teens Home & Away has dealt with before or since. Maybe they didn't really work out as the producers hoped (for this reason so many of them left so quickly) but I think in terms of backstory and characterisation, they were some of the most intriguing characters I can recall. But also, this was the first era I actually have proper memories of so maybe I'm just being nostalgic...

I've seen quite a lot of Liam, Joey, Tiegan, Casey and Stephanie and later, Justine and Aaron and I very much enjoyed them. Such a strong era that is oft forgotten.

Archived