1996-1999 Storylines

Skylover

11 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Um, I think you're thinking of Roman and Nicole there! As I recall, he simply stranded Joel miles out of town with no transport.He just had to run a long way.

No definitely Joel, he had to get a boat to Summer Bay, and then hobbled with his injured leg and hitch hiked after finally hailing down a car. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Skylover said:

I think Michael fostering if Pippa died would have worked. There's no saying who would/wouldn't have quit, as we don't know what the actors would have felt about their personal situations.

It just seems odd that Sally stayed behind without Pippa at all, I'm guessing Pippa gave her the option to go with her and I think it's out of character for Sally not to go with her, but I guess the writers didn't want to let Sally go at the time.

That story where Pippa bumped her head after Kye stormed into SBH looked good.

Sally had left school by then and was in a relationship with Tim so she wanted to stay with him. Also Pippa was only supposed to be going for 6 months or so, 

17 minutes ago, joany208121 said:

No definitely Joel, he had to get a boat to Summer Bay, and then hobbled with his injured leg and hitch hiked after finally hailing down a car. 

I think he got a speed boat, ran, and hitch hiked. 

I remember hearing in Inside Soap at the time that Sally's boyfriend Tim was going to become permanent. Maybe that was the plan if Sally had taken over the house when Pippa moved away.

2 hours ago, joany208121 said:

2 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

I think he got a speed boat, ran, and hitch hiked. 

Okay, I guess I'm misremembering it.My memory is that DiAngelo dropped Joel and his nominal girlfriend, who he'd used to lure Joel to him, off on a country road somewhere and drove off leaving them behind, then Joel says something like "Are you going to be all right here?Because I really need to go!", she mumbles an assent and he dashes off.

14 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Okay, I guess I'm misremembering it.My memory is that DiAngelo dropped Joel and his nominal girlfriend, who he'd used to lure Joel to him, off on a country road somewhere and drove off leaving them behind, then Joel says something like "Are you going to be all right here?Because I really need to go!", she mumbles an assent and he dashes off.

Do you know all this from re-watches as I was under the impression you were only about 30.

With Joey Rainbow, (Alex O'han). Did he change his name in his twitter page? Also along the lines of Joey, why was he on for 3 years and his friends on for 1 year? Liam, Steph and Casey?. 

Did they think he would have better story lines?

1 hour ago, jakeyy. said:

With Joey Rainbow, (Alex O'han). Did he change his name in his twitter page? Also along the lines of Joey, why was he on for 3 years and his friends on for 1 year? Liam, Steph and Casey?.

Probably because he was the best one. But I'm biased as he's a Jack replacement :P Yeah his name on Twitter is Xander O'Han which is just another variation of his name.

2 hours ago, Skylover said:

Do you know all this from re-watches as I was under the impression you were only about 30.

I'm...nearer 40 than 30 but got a couple of years or so to go.That's from memory, I'm afraid! (And whatever I've read since.)

27 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I'm...nearer 40 than 30 but got a couple of years or so to go.That's from memory, I'm afraid! (And whatever I've read since.)

Lucky you getting to experience the late 90s first hand! All I have is a vague comforting nostalgic childhood blur :D

Archived