Ziggy Astoni - Sophie Dillman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How much longer do we think Ziggy will stay in Summer Bay?  It's been nearly 4 years so far, and I haven't noticed any signs that Sophie has stopped filming.

I've been thinking about the Home and Away "Nuclear Family Textbook".  Since there have only been 3 nuclear families introduced in Home and Away's history (the Nashes, the Sutherlands and the Astonis), there are some conventions I have noticed and I'm wondering if Ziggy will continue to fulfil them.

1. Parents split up due to past/recent affair with a friend, including questioning of paternity of child that may or may not have resulted from that affair: - Natalie had an affair with an old friend called Glen, resulting in baby Connor.  Rhys had an affair with Angie, and the question was if Dylan was Rhys' son but he wasn't.  Maggie had an affair with Marco, leading to the question of who Ziggy's dad was, but she was Ben's anyway.

2. Parents get back together and leave together.

3. One of the children gets married and has a baby: - Will and Gypsy.  Kirsty and Kane.

4. Unlike other Home and Away families, where at least one family member dies, all members of the nuclear family leave Summer Bay alive: - The Nashes all left alive.  The Sutherlands all left alive.  Three of the Astonis have already left alive, so the only one not in the clear yet is Ziggy.

Do we think that Ziggy will eventually get married again and have a baby while still in Summer Bay?  Could it be with Dean or someone else?  Will she leave alive?

Edited by homeandawayroxsomuch.

4 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

How much longer do we think Ziggy will stay in Summer Bay?  It's been nearly 4 years so far, and I haven't noticed any signs that Sophie has stopped filming.

I've been thinking about the Home and Away "Nuclear Family Textbook".  Since there have only been 3 nuclear families introduced in Home and Away's history (the Nashes, the Sutherlands and the Astonis), there are some conventions I have noticed and I'm wondering if Ziggy will continue to fulfil them.

1. Parents split up due to past/recent affair with a friend, including questioning of paternity of child that may or may not have resulted from that affair: - Natalie had an affair with an old friend called Glen, resulting in baby Connor.  Rhys had an affair with Angie, and the question was if Dylan was Rhys' son but he wasn't.  Maggie had an affair with Marco, leading to the question of who Ziggy's dad was, but she was Ben's anyway.

2. Parents get back together and leave together.

3. One of the children gets married and has a baby: - Will and Gypsy.  Kirsty and Kane.

4. Unlike other Home and Away families, where at least one family member dies, all members of the nuclear family leave Summer Bay alive: - The Nashes all left alive.  The Sutherlands all left alive.  Three of the Astonis have already left alive, so the only one not in the clear yet is Ziggy.

Do we think that Ziggy will eventually get married again and have a baby while still in Summer Bay?  Could it be with Dean or someone else?  Will she leave alive?

Sophie may have ambitions to move on at some point in the future, but I do genuinely think she's happy at the show and continues to improve/learn her craft, what I love about Ziggy is that she's a very fun, wild spirit, tomboy, complex, flamboyant, likeable, entertaining character and is gorgeous.

Who knows.. Maybe Sophie secretly did think about moving on, but the situation RE COVID-19 has affected the Acting industry a lot, a lot of Actors/Actresses in the industry are doing work outside of the Acting industry to help provide for themselves, their families and pay the bills.

• Like 1