Louise Bowes Returns as Script Executive

Matt

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear. Desperate times call for desperate measures, eh?

Something is going on behind the scenes at Home and Away! Constantly flip-flopping from script producer to script producer. For some reason the conditions on this show are burning people out, either due to Network 7's interference, or Lucy A.

I can't say I enjoyed Louise's tenure, but at least if she's prepared to stay with the show for another 3 years we will see some consistency that has been sorely lacking in the past 2 years.

The decision to specifically bring Louise back to the role will be in an effort to recreate the 'success' of the Braxton years, and yes I do expect that we will see returns for these characters, or carbon copies before long.

1 minute ago, Jamie2811 said:

This news doesn't fill me with confidence at all, especially for the 30th anniversary. 

The more I think about this the more I think the 30th year will just go on like any other year and pass us by un-celebrated. 

Recently, after several years, H&A has felt more like an updated version of what it was when it started. So I can see that vanishing again when Louise takes over. Why not bring in someone new? The Braxtons arrival did to H&A what the Dingles, Battersbys and Slater's/Millers did to Corrie, Emmerdale and EastEnders. Troublesome families taking centre stage and increasing plot driven dramatic stories.

Difference is Emmerdale didn't become the Dingle show overnight. There was still enough going with the Tates, Glovers, Windsors, Sugdens, etc. They seeped in gradually.

People HATED the Battersbys to start with (even calling for them to be axed after ep one, Even threatened Bruce Jones after Les headbutted Curly) but cooled down.

Archived