Axel Hay - Trent Dalzell

I have put this up because I haven't really seen much mention of him at all on the site and am curious to know what you thought of this character

For those of you who don't know, Axel was a guest character in 2008, he started off as Aden's best friend and was considered very rebellious to just about everyone, he was mostly in the background until he showed up drunk to Melody Jones's party where he forced himself onto her. He felt really bad about this and tried to make her hide and forget about it, however this didn't work and instead the whole town found out and everyone hated him for it. He eventually owned up to what he did by confessing to the police. He then befriended Jai Fernandez and they got along fine, however they participated in a lot of rebellious things which included them stealing Matilda's motor scooter where they were run off the road, Axel then died in hospital.

Personally, aside from the Melody incident which you can't really defend because the guy wasn't thinking straight. I quite liked the guy, I thought that he was very witty and was quite funny. He also showed a good side to him by helping set up Sally's farewell concert which was a good thing to do, so personally I didn't mind his character for all the positive things surrounding him. I also liked his friendship with Jai, I really wish it had a more positive ending because it really screwed Jai over for a while and Jai went back to being boring after Axel died.

Fun Fact: I haven't seen every episode from this timeframe but between 2004-Early 2008, Axel can be seen acting as a bully type character which i find very intriguing because this was before the character was even introduced so I wonder if they had that in my to introduce him when Trent was making these brief background appearances

I liked him, it was a shame that he died :( 

On 3.6.2017 at 10:51 AM, CaptainTed84 said:

I have put this up because I haven't really seen much mention of him at all on the site and am curious to know what you thought of this character

For those of you who don't know, Axel was a guest character in 2008, he started off as Aden's best friend and was considered very rebellious to just about everyone, he was mostly in the background until he showed up drunk to Melody Jones's party where he forced himself onto her. He felt really bad about this and tried to make her hide and forget about it, however this didn't work and instead the whole town found out and everyone hated him for it. He eventually owned up to what he did by confessing to the police. He then befriended Jai Fernandez and they got along fine, however they participated in a lot of rebellious things which included them stealing Matilda's motor scooter where they were run off the road, Axel then died in hospital.

Personally, aside from the Melody incident which you can't really defend because the guy wasn't thinking straight. I quite liked the guy, I thought that he was very witty and was quite funny. He also showed a good side to him by helping set up Sally's farewell concert which was a good thing to do, so personally I didn't mind his character for all the positive things surrounding him. I also liked his friendship with Jai, I really wish it had a more positive ending because it really screwed Jai over for a while and Jai went back to being boring after Axel died.

Fun Fact: I haven't seen every episode from this timeframe but between 2004-Early 2008, Axel can be seen acting as a bully type character which i find very intriguing because this was before the character was even introduced so I wonder if they had that in my to introduce him when Trent was making these brief background appearances

Didn't Axel first appear in 2008?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jacklost said:

I liked him, it was a shame that he died :( 

Didn't Axel first appear in 2008?

Yeah technically he did, his first credited appearance was in episode 4598, however he can be seen in the background of episodes before that. I don't know how many but there was 1 from 2004 and 1 just before episode 4598 which was earlier in 2008

• 1 year later...

^ I can remember him appearing in an episode in 2006, when Ric was working as the school janitor (he dropped out and wasn't working at Moran Motors at this stage).

It's a shame that they killed off Axel. I thought there was still a lot to explore with him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/04/2019 at 12:41, Jezz said:

^ I can remember him appearing in an episode in 2006, when Ric was working as the school janitor (he dropped out and wasn't working at Moran Motors at this stage).

It's a shame that they killed off Axel. I thought there was still a lot to explore with him.

Yeah I’d say that after having his actor be an extra on the series for so long he was finally given a proper acting role

• Like 1