Flynn Saunders - Martin Dingle Wall & Joel McIlroy

Ok i surprised there not a Flynn one already. What was your thoughts on Flynn? What was your Favourite storyline he was in? Did you like him with Sally?

My thoughts on Flynn was he is non-replaceable. He was the kindest guy who was always there for the ones he loved and cared about. He a great father figure.

My fave storyline with him would of been when him and Sally finally got together and also when they took Ric and Cassie in.

Yes I loved him with Sally they truly belonged together. He was the one for her and she was for him

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to Flynn Saunders - Martin Dingle Wall & Joel McIlroy
  • 3 weeks later...

The two Flynns were like two totally different characters - both enjoyable however nothing like each other in personality I felt. Number 1 had a cool vibe and was beachy, number 2 was far more professional and straight-laced. Its hard to recast longterm characters successfully and whilst this one kinda worked it always grated on me that Sally had this 'longterm' relationship with Flynn 2 when he wasn't in the show that long at all. I think it worked best with Flynn 2 when Ric and Cassie joined the show.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
17 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Normally they don’t recast characters but was there a reason for recasting Flynn?.

Bevan said at the time "The actor who played the first Flynn wanted out of the show so we were forced to recast, as we felt the character was too important at that point to lose."

I don’t think I saw either Flynn as right for Sally.
The first Flynn (MD-W), I don’t know, just didn’t seem like a long term partner for her, he was more of a risk taker and Sally really wasn’t. 

The second Flynn (JM) was more suited to Sally as he generally played things a bit safer (I couldn’t imagine MD-W getting stuck abseiling down to Sally & Sophie), however he came across a bit more like a father figure to Sally, especially once they’d married. I guess given her history with those it was understandable that she’d want that, there were just times that Sally came across as immature compared to him. I just felt that she was in love with the security he provided as much as she was him, if not more.

• 1 year later...

I did not like the first Flynn, I didn’t see him as perfect for Sally. Joel’s Flynn I adored and miss to this day and can’t help but wonder how things could have played out differently had they not killed him off so soon. 

I feel Sally and Flynn were each other’s true love, and he loved her more than anything like her for him. 

Flynn will always be my favourite. 

• Like 1