A Shared Passion

j.laur5

Title: A Shared Passion

Type of Fic: One Shot

Main Characters: Matt, Kyle, and James (OC)

Genre: Same Sex Romance (Slash)

BTTB Rating:  A

Does it contain spoilers: No

Warnings: Adult Themes

Summary: This is short story of Kyle and Matt finding out they shared are past  passion.

Matt walked in the door of Angelo’s after finishing his shift for the evening. “Kyle?!” he shouted, as he walked through the darkened restaurant. He just wanted to hand over the cash and go home. He was tired and a little sad. It was the 10th July and that was a date that always stayed in his mind. No matter how much time went past, he always thought about it. He always would. “Kyle?! You here?” he shouted again. He thought he heard a noise so he walked out to the office and pushed the door open. There was Kyle, sitting there with a half empty bottle of whiskey in front of him, and a photo in his hands.

“Just leave the money” he slurred at him. He was clearly quite drunk.

“Are you okay?” he asked, taking a few steps forward. That’s when he saw the photo! “What the… Why do you have a picture of James?” he demanded, “Why do you have a photo of my boyfriend?!”

Kyle looked at him in shock.

James had been Matt’s next door neighbour. They’d lived beside each other all through their childhoods. He was an only child who was born with autism. Matt and James grew closer and closer over the years and when they reached their teenage years it was clear that they had developed strong feelings for each other. But they were too scared to tell anyone, so they decided to be secret lovers. A sort of ‘friends with benefits’ relationship developed over time, and Matt and James had sex every so often. As time went on though, they fell in love. They looked out for each other and supported each other through the tough times. Sadly James’ father died in 2012 in a motor bike accident when James was just 16, so James and his mother moved to Melbourne, and his mother remarried. Matt had never stopped thinking about him though.

“What are you talking about?!” asked Kyle, “This is my boyfriend… Was my boyfriend...”

In Melbourne, James had soon met his next door neighbour Kyle, and they quickly became friends. At first, Kyle looked at James like a little brother, like the brother he never had. He was a bit older than James so he’d already finished school, but he worked as a junior groundsman at James’ high school. He noticed that James was having a hard time and often being bullied. He always stood up for him and helped him with the bullies. As time passed, they too became very close, and eventually fell in love. Kyle made sure James was ready and made sure it was 100% legal before he told him his true feelings and Kyle and James  become boyfriends and Kyle and James started having sex. Kyle and James decided that they wanted get away from Melbourne, so they decided to move to Sydney, as James missed the place that he’d grown up, and Kyle wanted to track down his family as he knew they were form Sydney.

But one night everything changed! James and Kyle had been holding hands at the park when Kyle said it was time that James told his mum and Step dad about them. He said that he’d come with him and they’d tell them together. James said that he wanted tell his mum first, so Kyle said for him to go home, and that he’d come over later. When James got home, he was shocked to smell smoke! He ran upstairs and saw the fire in his mother’s bedroom!  His mum was lying dead on her bed among the growing flames! “I won’t be told not to smoke in the house!” yelled his Stepfather. Then he grabbed James and threw him into raging fire! “Sorry James!” he shouted, “But you have to die with us! Family dies together!” Kyle ran into the burning house, fighting his way through the flames, and managed to pull a badly burnt James out of the fire. He carried him outside and laid him on the ground. James spluttered four final words before breathing his last, “I love you, Kyle!”  Kyle held his lifeless body in his arms as he heard the sirens in the distance. “I love you, James!” he sobbed, “I don’t think I’ll ever truly smile again”.

After James’ death, Kyle had never been able to smile. He’d carried a deep sadness around with him ever since. And an anger that he didn’t know what to do with! When he’d found out about his father being murdered by his half-brother Casey, all he’d been able to think about was getting revenge! He’d thought that he was angry with them. That he hated them! But after finding out the truth about his father and being accepted by the Braxton's, he’d come to realise that the real reason for his anger was the loss of James, the love of his life. He felt like he’d failed to protect him and that his death was all his fault.

Kyle looked at the photo in his hands and then up at Matt. “I don’t understand… He was your boyfriend too?” he asked, with a confused look on his face.

“Yeah… he was my friend…” said Matt, “And then my boyfriend"

“Hang on! You were at the funeral!” said Kyle, “I remember now! You were the guy who left the card saying ‘My love for you was stronger than any love’ …You were the guy he was seeing before he moved to Melbourne… He told me about you!”

“I remember you too!” said Matt, “You looked so sad at the funeral… so heartbroken!”

“I couldn’t save him” said Kyle, “I loved him.”

“How did we not realise this before?!” asked Matt, “That we met before?! That we both loved James?!”

“I guess we weren’t in the right head space to remember who we met that day.” said Kyle. He filled a second glass with whiskey and held it out to Matt. They clinked glasses and Kyle said, “To James”

“Looks like we have something in common” said Matt, “We both loved James… and I guess we’re both secretly gay?!”.

“I don’t know if I’m gay… but… but… I’m proud to say James was my boyfriend.” said Kyle, before throwing back his whiskey.

“I should have said it before” sighed Matt, “I should have told him… I would have been proud to call James my boyfriend… but I never got the chance to say it”.

Kyle got up and hesitantly put his arms out for a hug. Matt gave a little nod and hugged him back. They were both quite shy about it. As they pulled away from the hug, they began to gaze at each other in a new way.

“I’d give anything to touch James again” said Kyle, “To kiss him… and hold him one more time.”

“Me too” said Matt.

Kyle looked at Matt like he never had before. They were still standing very close and for some reason he couldn’t stop looking at his mouth. Suddenly they were kissing.

“So?” said Kyle, looking a little embarrassed as he pulled away, ”What would you say we make love tonight in honour of our love for James… I mean, you can’t say we don’t have a connection.”

“My last name isn’t Page for nothing!” said Matt, with a cheeky little smile, “I’m on the same page as you… Let’s do it!”

“Okay!” said Kyle, picking up the keys to the restaurant and the whiskey bottle, “Let’s go!”

They went back to Matt’s Caravan, kissing and ripping at each other’s clothes as they made it in the door. “This is for James" said Matt, as they staggered to the bed.  Then the lights went out and they made love.

Comments

Archived