Worst character returns

project90

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/13/2017 at 4:23 PM, joany208121 said:

Don in 2007

As I was a massive Fisher fan, I tuned in specifically to watch it (I stopped around mid 2005) and was extremely disappointed by it. I do wonder if it is a coincidence that Norman hasn't returned since, especially considering he appeared regularly between 2003 and 2007. He should have been a main player in Sally's farewell too (another moment I tuned in specifically to see!) along with Floss, Carly, Steven and Pippa!

On 4/16/2017 at 6:29 PM, Trudy Heine said:

Poor Chloe - escaping an abusive ex boyfriend, then dying from a sudden embolism from a broken arm. If she was still alive she would've returned with Olivia.

It seemed like such an odd storyline and absolutely nothing was gained from it. At first, I thought the purpose was to give Irene or Sally and Flynn a new foster child in Olivia, but was even more miffed when that didn't happen. She could have left with Jesse instead, giving him a happy ending.

Chloe's death was actually the final straw for me watching the show after being dissatisfied with it for the previous 2-3 years. 

• 4 weeks later...

Don in 2007

Adam in 1999. Reset to 1991 Arse Adam, and had leave town under a cloud after being accused of pilfering Shauna's smalls. Maz was the only one who believed him,

1993, Karen, although it was more to help Blake ease out (Still laugh at the vase scene "Another one bites the dust!", It's just the way she's singing it and dancing with the duster! :lol:)

And Will's fate was left ambiguous. We never knew how long he got for Killing Penn, much like Hyde when he put a bullet in Josh West (who at that point even Saint Celia would have taken a swing at him!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Kane's return about a year after he left Kirsty for her own good was just shocking.

I loved his initial redemption and romance with Kirsty.  It was controversial, but it was brilliantly done and him sacrificing his own happiness for her own good was a great way to redeem the character.

And then they brought him back which completely ruined the story arc.  Even worse, they turned him into an aggro, pushy, demanding, insensitive, entitled, self pitying jerk.  Even without the whole "he raped her sister" thing, it was just impossible to understand what Kirsty saw in that guy.  

I thought breaking them up in 2008 was the right thing to do, even if Kirsty and Miles weren't a great couple.

Don Fisher in 07 was done pretty poorly as Im sure most people agree and I think it resulted in him probably not wanting any future returns which is a shame as he was such a big part of the show.

Adam Cameron in 99?? now I don't remember too much about his return all I seem to remember is him being horrible to Sally at bonza burger due to the way he was treated after Bobby's death which from what i remember at the time Sally and Michael were the only one's to stand by him and stick up for him which I always though strange the writers/producers seem to have forgot this. It would of been great for him to have more return's I've always though there was a place in the show and could of seen him living with Irene in a Chris Harrington sort of character providing that bit of comedy.

• 2 months later...

Robert Robinson 2nd stint. I liked him first time. He was odd but funny. I remember his head to heads with Morag were great. He had a nickname for her that I'm failing to remember and thought his dynamic with Leah was interesting at the time

2nd time around all that seemingly went away. He was nowhere near as interesting. He was just your normal cop trying to solve Pen's murder. He even dropped Morag's nickname.

4 hours ago, project90 said:

Robert Robinson 2nd stint. I liked him first time. He was odd but funny. I remember his head to heads with Morag were great. He had a nickname for her that I'm failing to remember and thought his dynamic with Leah was interesting at the time

2nd time around all that seemingly went away. He was nowhere near as interesting. He was just your normal cop trying to solve Pen's murder. He even dropped Morag's nickname.

Robert Robinson was in neighbours....?

or am I missing something?

his name was Robert Robertson I’m pretty sure

Archived