Kate Ritchie discusses possible return to Home and Away: 'I'm not sure we fit together anymore'

JamesC10

On 9.4.2017 at 4:12 PM, Homeandawayfan. said:

I feel that Kate is not too keen on the current format of the show so would not come back full time. Would be great if she did as the current format was adopted once she left in 2008. Either that or she has moved on.

I guess it is the last thing - she has moved on! She wanted to leave the show after 20 years, and kind of grow up... She was in it since she was a little child, it is not strange that she might think this is in the past. 

And If the writing is good almost every character that hasn't been killed of could return. New characters are popping up all the time without having no connection to the bay, so why can't former characters return even if their closest friends and boyfriend are gone? They used to live there... so... In normal life people are moving around sometimes, and some people are returning back where they have lived before. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, jodlebirger said:

I guess it is the last thing - she has moved on! She wanted to leave the show after 20 years, and kind of grow up... She was in it since she was a little child, it is not strange that she might think this is in the past. 

And If the writing is good almost every character that hasn't been killed of could return. New characters are popping up all the time without having no connection to the bay, so why can't former characters return even if their closest friends and boyfriend are gone? They used to live there... so... In normal life people are moving around sometimes, and some people are returning back where they have lived before. 

Yes the writing is important. Sadly some actors want to get away from the past. I was told someone "PUT RAMSEY STREET IN THEIR PAST" which is why I dismiss rumors of a return. Actors want to do other things and times have changed. Kate and others are not the little kid they were back in the 80s as I told someone in Melbourne .

You have to have a good reason to bring them back just for ratings yes understand? yet if they have no purpose rather than appear in a scene why bother?

Archived