Kate Ritchie discusses possible return to Home and Away: 'I'm not sure we fit together anymore'

JamesC10

To be honest I agree with her. I think her 2013 return was proof of this (much like Fisher's 2007 return or Pippa's 2009 return).

6 hours ago, JamesC10 said:

Her 2013 return was a huge success

It was? I hated it and I know others agreed with me when I posted about it at the time. I'm sure some liked it but some hated it too.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I feel that Kate is not too keen on the current format of the show so would not come back full time. Would be great if she did as the current format was adopted once she left in 2008. Either that or she has moved on.

My take is both and she not the other star to feel that way. Things have changed.

Just now, beau_t said:

To be honest I agree with her. I think her 2013 return was proof of this (much like Fisher's 2007 return or Pippa's 2009 return).

It was? I hated it and I know others agreed with me when I posted about it at the time. I'm sure some liked it but some hated it too.

I agree. As I tell fans be careful what you wish for as yes we would like to see our favorite people return yet if they given a bad story line it makes the effort a waste of time and creates hard feelings. It happens all the time as II protested to Ramsey Street when they brought Sam Fitzsgearld back for the last time and ruined her. No wonder she never been back and I have a feeling  why it happen. Success depends?

I agree with her in a way, there have been times that Sally would've slotted straight back in, but everyone would want Sally in Summer Bay House again and now she doesn't own it and now Leah's living there with Alf it just wouldn't work.

The other thing is they've written themselves into a corner with little Pippa, at some point she will have to die, so Sally's return would have to be following little Pippa's death for me, if she died in the bay then Sally wouldn't want to stay, but then what do you do with Sally? For me if they were to look at bringing Sally back permanently they'd need to kill off little Pippa now, then give it a couple of years and bring Sally back with a husband ready to begin fostering. 

1 hour ago, c120701 said:

I agree with her in a way, there have been times that Sally would've slotted straight back in, but everyone would want Sally in Summer Bay House again and now she doesn't own it and now Leah's living there with Alf it just wouldn't work.

The other thing is they've written themselves into a corner with little Pippa, at some point she will have to die, so Sally's return would have to be following little Pippa's death for me, if she died in the bay then Sally wouldn't want to stay, but then what do you do with Sally? For me if they were to look at bringing Sally back permanently they'd need to kill off little Pippa now, then give it a couple of years and bring Sally back with a husband ready to begin fostering. 

Its easy to say lets bring someone back. Yet would they fit in as you said?

I Think some of her words were taken out of context. I don't think she was making any comments on the current format of the show. I Think she was meaning, from a long term stand point. She doesen't know if she fits with the show anymore. I would be surprised if she does not make an apperence for the 30th anniversary. 

6 hours ago, CaptainTed84 said:

Yeah I believe that as a guest she would be fine but not as a regular if she was to return next year

I am betting CH 7 talking to her about that right now? For a few epsiode visit. Guest roles are what many want  now.

1 hour ago, sindikatas said:

I also prefer to stick with an interpretation that she just doesn't want to be back as a regular. Besides, was the show really that different during her last few years from the way it is now? She got most of the screen time then.

Yes if it happens it be a one short event to boost the anniversary.

Archived