1996 Episode Discussion

Dan F

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:45, j.laur5 said:

Would we be up to Pippa's departure by now?. 

By my calculations, even with no breaks, we'd still be in 1997, around the time of Selina being held hostage by Saul after nearly marrying Steven.

Just to rub it in for everyone.

Pippa's departure was about 80 episodes later.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

By my calculations, even with no breaks, we'd still be in 1997, around the time of Selina being held hostage by Saul after nearly marrying Steven.

Jeez, talk about Salting the wound then adding lemon!

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/10/2018 at 10:31, Red Ranger 1 said:

God, I loved the Saul story in 1995-1996. 7Two really are mean! But to be honest, I would probably have stopped watching it after Ailsa's death in 2001. Maybe I would have kept going until 2010, idk.

On 26/11/2018 at 04:57, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

God, I loved the Saul story in 1995-1996. 7Two really are mean! But to be honest, I would probably have stopped watching it after Ailsa's death in 2001. Maybe I would have kept going until 2010, idk.

I really don’t think it’s 7TWO’s fault you know, I believe there hands really are tied and that’s because of Living and ITV2 both starting from 1921 until at least 2085 when ITV2 stopped, I don’t know how Channel 5 managed to acquire Maz and Fisher’s wedding though for the repeats a few years ago! However there’s no excuse for 1881-1920 what so ever, they could easily of been shown

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

Isn't it possible for them to renew the contract, the show IS owned by Seven of course.

Anyway, when it was on, it was a good way to get the Summer Bay fix during the Christmas break.

It more comes down to contractual obligations with paying actors.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

It more comes down to contractual obligations with paying actors.

Well, they should pay the actors. Val Lehman is still being paid for Prisoner, due to the reruns.

I just can't get my head around the fact that 7Two has Million Dollar Minute playing FIVE times a day, do they not have any other shows to put on? They could have at least replaced The Early Years with something good.

2 hours ago, home and away 1988-2000 said:

Doesn’t bother me if the early years returned or not now, possibly to cover the 40 eps between 1981-1921 but I’ve just finished watching 1996 off Living! Incredible seeing what ITV cut out and butchered to hell

Are those eps available online?

Archived