General Chat

Krazy Karl

Hey guys, I have a question and wasn't sure where to put it so I thought here would be good (I asked this at another forum but the person who answered was being sarastic and I can't be bothered asking the question there anymore, hope people will be mature with this).

It invovles my story where one of the main character is pregnant and used magic pills to go in a coma,. Here was the question asked.

In my story, one of the upcoming storylines a main character (An FBI Agent) is shot in the line of duty and is placed in a coma. His pregnant wife can't stand not able to have him awake (Not the first time he's been in a coma but they were like a few days) so she takes some magicial pills (No really, they are magic, this is a supernatural story) that places her into a coma until her husband wakes up and when he does, she will too.

So my question is this, how would a pregnant woman be treated in a coma? Would the baby be fed the same way as the mother is? (I can't remeber how thought) or would doctors have to do a C section (The baby not supposed to born until next month aka March) and get the baby out?

I think that seeing as the mother is in a coma the baby wouldn't survive in her womb. If the mother is in a coma that means she's not breathing by herself or eating proper food, thus the baby not getting all the nutrients it needs. I think it can be done but it's advised not to. I saw it on Grey's Anatomy once :P But that mother was dead and Addison said something along the lines of "We can regulate her body temp and feed the baby nutrients but we cant regulate her hormones to give the baby proper care" or something along those lines. In the end the parents choose to take the woman off of life support and the baby dies. Mother dead. Mother in coma. Coma basically is dead. I don't think I was any help though :P but bottom line, I don't think a woman in a coma can carry a baby full term unless you use some of those magic pills!

I dare say if it was a real life case they'd do a C Section.

Ah, well they are magics pills so they could keep both alive. Hmm but I think I will have a C section, although I wasn't planning it to be born for a month i should b nessacary. The mother could still b alive after C section while in a coma right? She's only going to be there until her husband wakes up, but I am not sure how long I am dragging the storyline for (But they both wake up after the main storyline is finished).

Oh and to answer the other poster, it's quite supernatural with witches, powers, immortal, propchies. Well a cross of Hereos, Charmed, Buffy and Supernatural if you will with a dabble of Harry Potter (Not to mention with all the drama, 50% like H&A lol).

Actually if it was a TV show three of the characters would be played by the actors of Charlie, Ruby and Melody, only the character are Taylor, Candice and Jasmine, oh and the FBI Agent that in a coma (The male) he would be played by Nicholas Bishop (Peter, that's the right actor name right?)

Edited by WillowsTara