Could Neville and Floss have stayed as long term guest instead of getting rid of them completely?.

j.laur5

Floss returned in 2000, which was the year I feel that "classic" H&A ended. Corrie and EastEnders also changed their tone in 2000. I feel 1999 was the last "classic" years for the 3 shows even if the early years ended earlier. They retained their old school feel until the Millennium. 2000 was the sea of change when they got a revamp. I suppose it was the shot in the arm that the 3 soaps needed.

In 2000 Floss said Nev had died about 4 years earlier I think.

Edited by Homeandawayfan.

6 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Which would mirror when Frank Lloyd passed away in real life

6 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Floss returned in 2000, which was the year I feel that "classic" H&A ended.

I'd agree with that too - two of the shows mainstays departed (Sam and Ailsa), we lost two of the longest-standing sets (the Stewart house and the original diner) and Pippa sold Summer Bay House to a brand new family (it always felt less jarring for example, when it was transitioned from Travis and Rebecca and Joel and Natalie). There was also the alarming turnover in late 1999/2000, which made it feel like it was no longer the same show. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

The four year thing has popped up in discussion before, due to it being noted elsewhere, but whoever first mentioned/published it was wrong - Floss only ever said that it was "a couple of years back".

Hence why we've always had c.1998 on our Deaths page instead of 1996.