Could Neville and Floss have stayed as long term guest instead of getting rid of them completely?.

j.laur5

On 04/05/2018 at 07:40, Homeandawayfan. said:

I wish Floss at least had stayed on past 1989 and was around during the Shane and Angel, Michael and Pippa, Sarah, Tug and Damo era. Maybe Nev could have died in 1989 and Floss stayed.

I'm not sure how she would have worked as a single character during that era - I do wish she'd been a regular for the 2000s instead of Colleen though. I don't think there was anything Colleen did that Floss couldn't have done, other than Lance's returns of course.

7 hours ago, adam436 said:

I'm not sure how she would have worked as a single character during that era - I do wish she'd been a regular for the 2000s instead of Colleen though. I don't think there was anything Colleen did that Floss couldn't have done, other than Lance's returns of course.

I think she would have worked as she could have helped Pippa around the house and been an extra person to work at Alf's store. 

We needed more older characters in 90s.

I can't see Floss getting  into same silly moments like Colleen and Celia did.

I  by no means saying it was  Lyn Collingwood's fault it was  just PTB just seem to make Colleen sillier and sillier. 

Edited by j.laur5

15 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I by no means saying it was  Lyn Collingwood's fault it was  just PTB just seem to make Colleen sillier and sillier. 

Yes, obviously not as silly as Colleen, but I mean in terms of working in the diner for over a decade and also in terms of the few big storylines Colleen did: finding her daughter, the cancer, being conned by Norman etc. There is probably others from the period I wasn't watching too (post 2005). I also think Floss/Max and Floss/Leah would have been good combos, and she would have a stronger relationship with Sally than what Colleen did. They could have even introduced her grandson (Ben?) as a regular at some point too, whereas Colleen never had any regular family members.