OverCome

LissaBelle24

Thanks for the comments guys, they are all lovely. I really enjoy writing the VJ and Billie scenes. I am absolutely gutted that VJ lost Luc to Ash and Kat in the show :( 
I have gone back and fixed up the chapters, nothing to noticeable but I wanted to let you know. 
This chapter is short but I hope you enjoy it. 

Chapter Eight
June 15th - Part Two

"This Miss Ashford is your baby" 

Billie kept her eyes closed, her head angled away from the screen. She couldn't bring herself to look at the baby growing inside of her, the fear was that if she did it would bring back at the memories of that night, the night that had lead to this. 

VJ squeezed Billie's hand gently in his, his eyes glued to the screen. "How far along is she?" This was the first time he had seen an ultrasound performed and it was stunning. 

"According to these measurements I would say eight weeks, giving you an estimated due date of 31st January" 

"Wow" VJ looked down at Billie, seeing the tears rolling down her cheeks. "Hey, it's okay" 

"it is normal for mothers to get emotional during the first scan" The nurse smiled at VJ. "Over the next few months it will all settle in" She held some sonogram pictures for VJ to take. "I'm sure I will see you two again sometime soon. Congratulations again on the little one" 

VJ waited until she had left before engulfing Billie in a hug. "I got you" 

"I want to go home" 

VJ helped her to sit up properly. "I want to show you something first..."

"I don't want to see them" 

He brushed the hair back out of Billie's eyes. "Remember when we went cliff diving last year, I refused to do it but you took my hand and be jumped together. It's like this Bil, you aren't alone so take my hand and we'll look together" He grabbed her hand in his again. "This baby is innocent. It is apart of you, pure and good, you have no reason to fear it" He held the sonogram out in front of them and waited until Billie opened her eyes, it was slow but she did it. 

"That's my baby?" 

VJ nodded. "Yeah Bil, that is your baby" 

Billie grabbed the picture and stared at it, whatever she had been fearful of seeing didn't appear. "VJ, that's my baby" 

He wrapped his arms around her shoulder and let her stare, the words that fell from his mouth were the most shocking of all. "That's our baby Billie" 

~!~!~

"Zac!" 

"Leah?"

Leah slapped him before he had a chance to fully recognise her presence. "Don't you ever lay a hand on our daughter!" She shoved her hands into his chest. "You broke our vows Zac, I need time to deal with it but under no circumstances are you allowed to take it out on our children. You screwed up not them!" 

"Leah..." Zac was pale, fear clouding his eyes as she shouted at him. 

Leah grabbed the bottle of the sink. "You are drinking!" She held the beer up. "Alcohol doesn't agree with you. Get help, go to rehab. Our kids are staying with me" 

"No" Zac shook his head, denial written all over his features. "No! You cannot take Hunter and Evie, they're mine!" 

Leah shook her head. "They are not a possession Zac, they are our children and you hurt Evie. You hit her Zac" Leah glared at him, eyes ablazing with anger. "You are not to contact them until you sort yourself out, especially Evie, you leave her alone" 

"I love you. I don't want to loose you" 

"You should have thought about that before you slept with Sam, before you started drinking and before you abused our daughter. Get yourself some help Zac" 

"And if I do can I come home?" 

Leah stared at him. "I don't know. I don't know if I can forgive you for this" 

Edited by LissaBelle24

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, VJ shows what a lovely boy he is. The only problem here (and it's a pretty big one) is that they aren't romantically involved (but I get the impression that VJ wishes things were different?) If that's the case, then somewhere in this lovely and very gallant gesture is a big serving of emotional blackmail and Billie is in no fit state to be dealing with that. Really like the way this story is developing. Looking forward to the next chapter x

Loved all the comments. I am really enjoying writing the VJ and Billie stuff and by the looks of the comments you are all enjoying reading it. :) 

Chapter Nine

"Nanna!" 

"Harley Braxton, what have I told you about opening the front door?" Phoebe spun around from her place in the kitchen to see Harley had opened the door to Cheryl.

Harley blushed sheepishly. "Sorry Auntie Phoebe"

Phoebe sighed at the look in his eyes, she found it hard to be strict with any of the children. "Hey Chezza!" 

Cheryl rolled her eyes at the nickname, glancing down at her grandson. "Hey kid, you ready?" 

Harley grinned, clapping his hands together. "Yes!"

"Rocco, your Nan is here. Come on" Phoebe shouted up stairs hearing the thundering sound of footsteps as the nine year old came running into the room. 

"Hi Nan" 

Cheryl smiled and gave the boy a quick hug. "Are you sure you don't want me to take Raffy?" 

"I'm sure, I think it is time for some girly time" In truth Phoebe just needed a few hours to speak to Raffy about Brody without the two little boys interrupting them. She was thankful that moving to Summerbay allowed them to be closer to Cheryl. Despite not having seen a lot of her in the years whenever they did she made an effort, taking the boys for a night here or there and even included Raffy. "You two have fun. Be good for your Nanna" 

"We will Aunt Phoebe" Rocco hugged her good-bye. 

Harley wrapped his arms around her, squeezing as tightly as a five year old could. "I love you" 

Phoebe smiled. "I love you too, little H" She kissed the top of his head. 

"Bye Raffy" Harley waved at the teenager who was standing at the bottom of the stairs. 

"See ya, Harley" 

Cheryl opened her arms. "Come give your Nanna a hug" 

Phoebe watched Raffy hug Cheryl, it was quiet a sight. Heath and Justin had been good friends since Raffy was two, Cheryl had taken on the only grandparent role in Raffy's eyes even if she wasn't the perfect grandmother. "Alright, you boys have a good time" She watched them leave before turning to Raffy. "Just you and me, Miss" 

Raffy raised her eyebrow. "Am I in trouble?" 

"What? No" 

"Then why do we need to talk?" She rolled her eyes at Phoebe's look. "I heard you tell Rocco that was why he was going with Nan" 

"We do need to talk but not because you are in trouble. Come on, I made us a smoothie" She popped into the kitchen and grabbed the cups before returning to the living room where Raffy was now sitting on the couch. "You remember the other night when we got that visitor?" 

"The one you were weird about?" 

"Yeah" Phoebe passed her drink over. "Well it turns out it was Brody, your dads brother...well your brother, you know what I mean" It was complicated, Raffy classified Justin as her father. 

Raffy swirled the straw around in her cup, taking a moment to gather her thoughts. "What did he want?" 

"To see you" Phoebe answered honestly. "I needed to speak with your father first so I sent him away" 

"What did dad say?" 

Phoebe noticed the change in Raffy's words immediately, despite classifying Justin as her father she rarely called him dad unless she felt vulnerable and was asserting her position in the family. "Let me tell you this first" Phoebe took the teenagers hands in hers. "You don't have to meet him if you don't want to but the opportunity is here. Justin and I, we think that it should be your decision. If you want to meet Brody then I'll set something up" 

"Phoebe?" 

"Yeah honey?" 

"Why hasn't he ever contacted me before?" 

Phoebe sighed. "I don't know. We could ask him if you like"

Raffy nodded. "I think I would like that but you will stay with me the entire time, right?" 

"Absolutely" Justin might have thought Brody could be trust but that didn't mean that she wasn't concerned. He had popped out of the blue and wanted to meet her, to Phoebe that screamed dodgy. "This might be a good thing for you, opening up new doors to other family"

"I don't need them" Raffy told Phoebe immediately. "I have my family. I have dad and you. I have Uncle Heath, Rocco, Harley and Nan. That is all the family I need but I would like to meet Brody even if its just once"

Phoebe smiled. "And that is completely understandable. I love you, Raff" 

Raffy reached over and hugged Phoebe, the only mother she had ever known and the woman who had always been their for her. "I love you too"

~!~!~

"Hey babe" Ash wrapped his arms around Kat giving her a quick hug before they took their seats across from each other. 

One part of Kat loved visiting Ash as she got to spend at least a little time with him, the other part of her truly hated it, seeing him locked up behind bars broke her heart. "How are you?" His well being was one of her main concerns, she had seen what being in prison could do to a guy. 

Ash gave her a reassuring smile. "I'm fine. How's Billie doing?"

"Good, still hanging around with VJ a lot. Her last few months of school are coming up" Kat reached across the table to take his hand in hers. "She would be a lot happier if you would let her come and see you" 

"No"

"Ash, this is hurting her. She misses you" 

Ash shook his head. "I don't want her to see me in here" 

"Billie knows you're innocent" 

"It doesn't mean a thing. She doesn't need to visit me in a place like this" He sighed, taking a chance to steer the topic away. "Have things gotten any better with Charlie?"

Kat glanced down at the table. "No. I cannot talk to her..." 

Ash squeezed her hand, he hated to see her so miserable. Before all this happened Charlie had been one of her closest friends. "I told you last visit, this wasn't Charlie's fault, she was doing her job" 

"She could have listened, dug into it harder. She shouldn't have been blinded by the evidence" 

"Hey, don't stress yourself out. It wasn't Charlie's fault, you know it Kat. All the evidence was there, she had a solid case. It was just her job" 

Kat stared into his eyes. "The job cost me everything. It's been two years Ash...I..."

"Hey" He reached across the table to move her hair out of her eyes. "I love you" 

"I love you too" 

His heart broke at the sight of tears in her eyes, she looked broken and he was disgusted that he was the reason why. A part of him wanted her to move on and have the life she deserved but he was selfish in a sense and couldn't bear to let her go. 

~!~!~

Charlie tapped her pen against her desk, her eyes scanning over the computer screen. Kat's words had motivated her to go back and look over the case. Everyone thought Ash was innocent and while she wanted to believe it the evidence had been overwhelming. Perhaps it had been to easy to piece the case together. The witness list was short, a woman who couldn't be used due to circumstances that would place her at risk and one other. 
Charlie scrolled down, a picture of the now twelve year old popping up onto her screen. For reasons unknown Ash's lawyer had never used the girl in the defense, she briefly wondered if it was because the girls guardian had paid the lawyer off. 

"Name. Name" Charlie mumbled to herself, the details had never been made public, only she and McCarthy knew about the witness. "Darcy Callahan-Bennett" She proceed to scroll until the name of her guardian was made clear. "Kyle Bennett" Hearing footsteps sounding in the direction of her office she quickly exited the files and shut her computer screen off. 

If she was ever going to get Kat back as a friend then this was where she needed to start. Finding out if Ash was indeed innocent was her new priority. 

~!~!~

"Come on Billie, open up" VJ knocked on the front door of the farm house. After the words had left his mouth, Billie had ran out of the room without giving him a chance to defend himself. It had been a moment of impulse and as soon as the words came out he knew he shouldn't have said them. After giving her the night to cool off her found himself needing to speak to her. "Billie..."

"GO AWAY VJ!" 

VJ sighed, turning around to lean his back against the door. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm sorry alright, I didn't mean to..." He almost fell back into the house as the door suddenly opened behind him. "Whhhhaaaa...."

"You're sorry?!" Billie stared at him, she had obviously been crying. "You're an idiot, VJ Patterson, an idiot" She turned around and stormed back into the house. "You don't just randomly blurt something like that out. You can't..."

"I'm sorry" He repeated the words again, following her into the house. "I didn't mean to say it, it just slipped out" 

Billie stared at him stunned, despite being best-friends she would never truly understand VJ. He was sweet, kind and above all he put her first. But this, this was insane. "You cannot just say this is our baby. That is crazy, a few days ago you didn't even know I was pregnant. We aren't together, we're both in school and like hell I will screw up your future. It was a moment of insanity and you are never going to bring it up again" 

VJ rubbed a hand over his head. "Bil, can I speak?"

"No...alright, fine, what?" 

"I love you...don't hit me" He held his hands up in a surrendering gesture when he saw her expression. "Bad timing, I get it" 

"VJ, you don't love me" 

"I do" He took a step towards her. "I think things changed when we were fourteen and you had your first crush and I realised I never wanted to be replaced by another guy, that my feelings for you were different" 

Billie shook her head, turning away from him. Those words were words she had been desperately wanted to hear from him since they were sixteen but hearing them now, part of her was screaming not to believe it. "You don't love me, you want to help me, there is a difference" 

"No Bil. I love you" He walked around her so that he could attempt to look her in the eyes. "What I said at the hospital, I shouldn't have, I wasn't thinking" 

"Damn right you weren't!" 

"But I am serious about one thing, I love you and I haven't said anything because I didn't want to ruin our friendship" He brushed the hair out of her eyes, frowning when she shifted back slightly. "Please don't tell me I ruined everything?" 

"No" Billie sighed. "Of course not, you are my best-friend" She glanced up to look at him. "This is a mess" 

"Yeah" VJ agreed. "Can we forget I ever said anything?" 

"We can definitely forget the baby thing but I don't think I can forget the I love you thing" She gave him a reassuring smile when he looked devastated. "I'm a mess. I don't know how I am going to tell Kat about the baby, I have school, I have nightmares, I cry a lot, I have absolutely no idea how to deal with this baby and one thing I know is I need you" She placed her hand on his arm. "I am not ready for a relationship VJ, I think I would screw it up and I don't want that to happen to us" 

"What are you saying?" 

Billie smiled. "You're my best-friend, and one day I hope you'll be more but I can't right now" 

VJ nodded, his eyes held a little sadness but he pushed it away because he didn't want to upset her. "Maybe I could win you over?" 

"You can try" Billie sighed with relief when he wrapped his arms around her. "I don't want to lose you" 

"You won't. I'll be here for you and this baby, I'm going to be totally awesome Uncle VJ and who knows what'll happen in the next seven months" 

"Exactly. Who knows"

Great chapter

Glad Raffy and Phoebe talked and Raffy agrees to meet Brody.

Aww Liked that you added Darcy and Kyle into this fan fic.

Aww VJ loves Billie.

Update again soon :)

Well, things with Billie and VJ went better than I thought they might. Looks like his timing is just spectacularly bad but I'm glad she didn't push him away completely. Now is when she needs him most! Loved the scene with Raffy and Phoebe. Good to see that she has such a strong relationship with her 'mum' and 'dad'. Chezza having a part in this is definitely interesting! I love her. Raffy does need to find out what the story is with Brody though so I'm glad she agreed to see him. Really intrigued by the Ash storyline. Love how you're drip feeding little clues. Kyle and Darcy Bennett now? :huh: hmm.... You also made me feel sorry for Ash (not something that's easy to do :wink:) Looking forward to the next chapter x

Glad that Raffy agreed to see Brody and hope she gives him a chance.Nice relationship she has with Phoebe.The involvement of Kyle and Darcy is interesting, and VJ and Billie were lovely, it's good that they dealt with what he said and are moving forward in a healthy manner.