Look to the Future (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Ludub

Thanks, peeps! I'm glad you liked my idea of the whole town coming to the rescue, I was worried it would be a bit cheesy but it fitted my optimistic outlook.Glad that you liked the VJ/Olivia scene as well, wasn't sure if it was out of place or not.I thought it was something the show could have taken advantage of but...didn't.

Not sure when I'll have time to get another chapter up, so I'll say next weekend at the latest again.

Fantastic chapter Red! I'm glad you didn't do the sensible thing and go to bed, haha! :wink:

I'm glad things seem to be working out so well for the Morgans too, even if it does mean allowing a mass murderer to walk free (and probably kill again in another country). One rule for some eh? :wink: Glad McCarthy could at least see how corrupt the legal system is and show some sense of shame. 

I'm kinda glad Isla got killed. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person but I was hoping that she might have left a letter confessing to the crime or something. I am incredibly surprised that Phoebe is doing what she's doing, because she's never been known to do anything particularly selfless. I'm also not sure that it would help Kyle that much but I'd much prefer Phoebe to go to prison for something she didn't do, than Kyle to take the fall. Fingers crossed this means his release. 

Continue to enjoy Billie and VJ in this, really cute. 

Looking forward to the next chapter x

Great chapter!

Shocked at the ending and what Phoebe did. I've never known her to be that selfless, as Ludub said, and it might not have the effect Kyle wants... If Kyle was willing to go to prison for Isla, i certainly don't think he'd be happy about Phoebe trying to help.

Not sure Kat's made the best decision moving in with Ash so suddenly.

I'm glad the Morgan's seem to be safe- or at least, as safe as they can be in Summer Bay :P

I look forward to more :) 

2 hours ago, Kristen said:

Great chapter

glad the Morgan's are safe.

Shocked Isla Schultz is dead 

1 hour ago, Ludub said:

I'm glad things seem to be working out so well for the Morgans too, even if it does mean allowing a mass murderer to walk free (and probably kill again in another country). One rule for some eh? :wink: Glad McCarthy could at least see how corrupt the legal system is and show some sense of shame. 

I'm kinda glad Isla got killed. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person but I was hoping that she might have left a letter confessing to the crime or something. I am incredibly surprised that Phoebe is doing what she's doing, because she's never been known to do anything particularly selfless. I'm also not sure that it would help Kyle that much but I'd much prefer Phoebe to go to prison for something she didn't do, than Kyle to take the fall. Fingers crossed this means his release. 

29 minutes ago, KittCatt said:

Shocked at the ending and what Phoebe did. I've never known her to be that selfless, as Ludub said, and it might not have the effect Kyle wants... If Kyle was willing to go to prison for Isla, i certainly don't think he'd be happy about Phoebe trying to help.

Thanks, people! I didn't want to make it too fairy tale, I came up with the idea of Spike being forced to give evidence but I knew he wouldn't do it unless there was something in it for him, hence him being made someone else's problem.I did the handy solution of Isla confessing and Kyle being freed in my other story so I wanted to explore the other side, what if it really was all for nothing, Isla stuffed her life up and there was no way to get Kyle out...well, not without someone falling on their sword anyway.I admit I thought up the twist with Phoebe and then tried to justify it, but while she is a somewhat selfish character, there were times when she was willing to make sacrifices for Kyle, compromising over her career for his sake, so it didn't seem too much of a stretch to have her willing to do this to get him out of jail.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Great chapter

Surprised about what happened to Isla

Glad that the Morgans are safe

And whoa at the ending about what Phoebe is doing :o

Looking forwards to the next chapter Xxx

Thanks, Jarliefan! Yes, I thought the Morgans deserved a break after everything...

LOVE how tongie in cheek the conversation was when the likes of Matt wre commenting on how opposite to sleepy little town the Bay is.

And as selfless as Phoebe;s actions are, i don't like her ......so I hope they lock her up and throw away the key. 

LOVONG this !!!!

Edited by JosieTash

11 hours ago, JosieTash said:

LOVE how tongie in cheek the conversation was when the likes of Matt wre commenting on how opposite to sleepy little town the Bay is.

And as selfless as Phoebe;s actions are, i don't like her ......so I hope they lock her up and throw away the key. 

LOVONG this !!!!

Thanks, I...think.I haven't actually been minding Phoebe in the show lately but it did seem like an interesting direction to take her character down.

6 hours ago, pembie said:

Well if there's one person still living in the bay who would save Kyle it would be Pheobe I think. So that's cool..

Wish they would end the Morgans story like you have here in the show...

Thanks, that was pretty much my thinking as well.I didn't want to drag the Morgans' story out too long so this seemed a decent way for an easy wrap up.

Dare I promise another chapter this weekend?Hmm.I'll try.