Libby Kennedy to be recast?

Nasty_robinson

4 minutes ago, dee123 said:

I thought she sued them? There was some legal thing going on there wasn't there? I'm a bit fuzzy on it all.

Yes I believe the short return she made a few years ago was part of the deal as it didn't go to court. As I always said one fan hero is another Villian, One source refered to her as a Diva and as I always said there always worse yet I did hear from others she did neighbours night and worked hard to make the neighbours fans happy. At least she doesn't have a family that resents her fame or have her people create a fake profiles like some stars do. Based on what I know I feel sorry they got rid of her yet if she was that ill at the time I understand the move yet some I was told had issues with her and were happy she left.

I guess it all depends on your level of investment. 1988 was the year I was born haha. So I have no memory of the original Roo. So Georgie Parker is all I see when I think of Roo. I guess recasting can work, it all depends on the actual casting. I remember when they recasted Hayley on H a A. How that went down. Obviousley Scott and Hayley was popular. Obviousley recently the disastarous recent VJ recasting. I like the actor, but all wrong for the role of VJ. As for Libby/Kym Valentine. I cannot speak on that. Her being fired e.t.c. I think a recast could happen. Wasen't she recasted less the a decade ago by Micheala Banas, who was also in Mcleouds Daughters. Diddn't she play Libby for a while, while Kym was on leave? Might of got that wrong, but pretty sure. 

6 hours ago, Luke39 said:

I guess it all depends on your level of investment. 1988 was the year I was born haha. So I have no memory of the original Roo. So Georgie Parker is all I see when I think of Roo. I guess recasting can work, it all depends on the actual casting. I remember when they recasted Hayley on H a A. How that went down. Obviousley Scott and Hayley was popular. Obviousley recently the disastarous recent VJ recasting. I like the actor, but all wrong for the role of VJ. As for Libby/Kym Valentine. I cannot speak on that. Her being fired e.t.c. I think a recast could happen. Wasen't she recasted less the a decade ago by Micheala Banas, who was also in Mcleouds Daughters. Diddn't she play Libby for a while, while Kym was on leave? Might of got that wrong, but pretty sure. 

Yes Banas did replace her and at the Time the person in charge at the time Bower who also did McLeods loved having some of her people on Ramsey Street. The Actors who played Dan and Sam were also on the MD as a regular and guest and the latter could been a regular had she not wanted to stay in Melbounre. It depends on as you said what the fans would expect .

There is a long story about the whole Libby and Dan saga I was told and its sad with what could been.

Im guessing with Steph as a regular again  and the actor who played Dan back in Australia would they are thinking about getting him or maybe Banas to come back to the street and heard a rumor along time ago that Sam might come back yet I heard other news to dispute that and they could go with new actors? as you said depends on how popular the characters are?

• 3 weeks later...

Today on Facebook I found this from another series fan " Why watch something when your favorite character not there? Below  contain some Spoliers

They have a good point. when a show decide to get rid of a character or they decide to leave the impact that loss to the show would be should been though out. I was told the show NEVER wanted to break up the Kennedy's yet Kym Illness couldn't be helped and Offically it gave the show the reason they needed to say let bring someone in to replace her and Banas was SPOLIER Considered as a her replacement yet the problem was Kym didn't want to leave!!!!!

I do think that IF Libby came back and had to deal with Steph it create a conflict with ratings , even more if they could get Sam and Dan yet I think that be impossible yet I got the feeling its been suggested based on what I hear even though I lost my 2 sources in Melbourne who talked to the actors,

At that time the show had big plans for Libby and Dan and then to add with more bad luck Dan got offered to work in the USA and like the rest of the cast that jumped to the states he took it which broke up that IT couple which the show had high hopes for. SPOLIER Had he not had suffered a breakup in real life he might have stayed as he was enjoying the storyline.

Getting rid of Dan also broke up the Fitzsgearld's even though Lucas and Sam work behind the scenes helping the show! the second worse MISTAKE SPOLIER the show ever made was not keeping Sam as a regular even though Stefan wanted her to stay as a replacement for Elle when Pippa went to the USA. Paul ended up having Andrew instead come into the show. Yet like the others she had her reasons and wanted to do other things as she had got married and had kids and that part of it yet like Libby and Dan she had something happen that explains why she not been back in 6 years, Like others some actors enjoy films more than TV.

All the actors except for Kym have been doing well work wise as Libby 2 wrapped with UPPER MIDDLE BOGAN and Dan got a series and Sam has a Movie in 2017.

I wished things could worked out and all return one day. Yet given that life not what It seems Its possible but unlike some fans like a certain British devotee I do not believe every tweet or post a star makes. as most of the time its PR.

I do think if she was recast they have to find someone the fans would want to welcome. In a way I rather be like what someone in Perth said look at the new people  and that's what shows are doing which may lead to that one day?

To me that era 2008=2012 is gone

• 4 weeks later...

Given that Upper Middle Bogan has ended Watched the last episode over the weekend I would think Banas might be available?
Libby off working

Dan happy with Adam

San happy with Emma and her revenge 

and

Tucker back in the USA according to twitter

Kym wont be back

Its possible like with Banas as she has friends on the show to bring back Buchanan as i heard rumors yet as much as they would be the biggest cat fight in neighbours history with Libby Steph and Sam in one room it never happen.

So like H&A I miss the old days and what could have been

• 2 months later...

Kym posted on Twitter she doing a film! Which means Neighbours will not see her as Libby Yet Banas could but I guess she be offered other work as well coming off her series.

Same for her costars as well Dan and Sam.

Simone has a Horror film coming out this year and Tucker returned to the states to work on Series.

Archived