Libby Kennedy to be recast?

Nasty_robinson

7 hours ago, Nasty_robinson said:

I really hope not. I prefer Kym Valentine to return and play her and bolster the Kennedy household.

Sometimes you cant get certain actors to come back. From what I heard from sources she would stayed if she could have as she didn't want to leave when she took ill ? You hear so many stories why actors leave both good and bad. I do think her returning would help Neighbours yet they risk upsetting a number of people if they do which could happen. I have no problem seeing characters recast Look at Roo on Home & Away. I like to see some of the 6 characters I liked recast one day as the actors who played them have moved on to other things and I doubt they come back and one I wouldn't as she told her family she loathe her time on Ramsey Street. Sadly some actors cant handle a series anymore. as someone said they are  other actors out there willing. I do feel sorry for Kym she seems like she cares for the fans. 

I really hope they don't recast her, I'd love a return for Libby but not if Kym is not in the role, I just don't think I could a recast would be believable in this situation I think the character of Libby is too well known, I know past things have been done and eventually people accepted them the Pippa Fletcher/Ross for an example but I'd hate to see anyone other than Kym in the role.

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

I really hope they don't recast her, I'd love a return for Libby but not if Kym is not in the role, I just don't think I could a recast would be believable in this situation I think the character of Libby is too well known, I know past things have been done and eventually people accepted them the Pippa Fletcher/Ross for an example but I'd hate to see anyone other than Kym in the role.

Yes she been on the show too long to have anyone replace her the only person who did it was Banas and she now busy with Upper Middle Bogan and other things. I think and this is only a theory with Steph back they some who think OK lets have her and Libby reunite? I think that pushing that idea? Yes They wanted rid of Kym dncllpyk and her illiness gave them an excuse. The plan was for Libby and Dan to be the show it couple along time ago. MY contact on the set once said if they broke up the kennedy's it hurt the show and Kym is missed. Like you I rather see actors not to come back as I dont want to see another actor be Donna or another be Sam as you dont want Libby to be played by another actress.

In a way it be interesting if that happens bring in new actors to play past characters yet the risk upsetting those fans who loved the actors who made them.

25 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

It's funny. I think Geordie Parker is fantastic but whenever I think of roo the original one still crops up in my mind. Haven't been able to except it in the way I have with others. I even excepted the temporary Ailsa 

Its up to the fans sometimes they can accept change and sometimes they wont?

9 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Character was recast few years ago for six months while Kym was ill.

Yes Michela Banas from McLeods Daughters played Libby for awhile and its possible they could bring her back as I heard Upper Middlle Bogan wrapping up yet I though she had another project. So it could be possible to ask her?

Archived