Characters who were originally from Summer Bay

CaptainTed84

In all soap operas, we see characters come and go every year and for the majority of characters they move to Summer Bay. However, there is a number of characters in the series who entered the series as established residents of the bay and their way of introduction was simply by just appearing. This topic is about discussing all the characters who joined the show already as residents of the bay

Here are a few that I know of 

1. Alf Stewart: Fairly obvious one as we all know he is the face of the bay. As far as I know all members of that family (including Colleen Smart) were born and bred in the bay

2. Aden Jefferies: Aden was first introduced as a student at Summer Bay High and I believe that he was born in the bay. That part of his background never seemed to be explored really (even though it wasn't pretty irrelevant to his character) but I am led to believe that he was born in the bay as when his brother Justin joined as a returning resident, he stated that he used to spend a lot of time at Noah's Bar when he was a teenager which the time of that would probably been a couple of years before Aden joined the show

3. Travis Nash: He first joined the series long before I started watching but from what I understand, when he first joined the show he was already a well-known resident whom most people knew of.

4. Harvey Ryan: I remember when he first joined the show he told Roo that he fancied her when they were young, so judging by that info he definitely grew up and was probably born in the bay.

5. John Palmer?: I have placed a question mark because when he first joined he was already living in the bay for at least a couple of months, however I am unsure how long he has been around for.

There are heaps:

Bobby, Don, Morag,

Colleen, Lance (and presumable Les/Stan - Colleen's ex husband who name changed with poor continuity)

Barbara, Celia (and Debra - I wonder what she did to be disowned by the family, never to be spoken of again)

Donna and Rob went to school with Travis, Joel Nash

Ric

Hunter family (or was the farm just out of town?)

Campbells

VJ

Vinnie(Stella, Ralph)

Jett

Chloe/Olivia

Kane and Family

Nurse Julie Cooper

Mullet

Cassie

Matt Wilson

Peta,

Rosie, Axel, Lee, Vicky Baxter, Wazza - Countless other school friends and pretty much every school nemesis

51 minutes ago, harrietjames said:

There are heaps:

Bobby, Don, Morag,

Colleen, Lance (and presumable Les/Stan - Colleen's ex husband who name changed with poor continuity)

Barbara, Celia (and Debra - I wonder what she did to be disowned by the family, never to be spoken of again)

Donna and Rob went to school with Travis, Joel Nash

Ric

Hunter family (or was the farm just out of town?)

Campbells

VJ

Vinnie(Stella, Ralph)

Jett

Chloe/Olivia

Kane and Family

Nurse Julie Cooper

Mullet

Cassie

Matt Wilson

Peta,

Rosie, Axel, Lee, Vicky Baxter, Wazza - Countless other school friends and pretty much every school nemesis

I am not sure if Jett is originally from Summer Bay or not. When he showed up at the High School he was there as a new student

9 hours ago, Dan F said:

Vinnie was from Mangrove River

Yeah that's right, I can see why many would think he's from the bay though seeing as he is related to the famous Alison

18 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Alison Patterson, the best ever supporting character. She was from Summer Bay. She was Donna's age so must have known Donna and Travis at school. I am even willing to say that among the many extras in the corridors in the 1980s were Donna, Travis and Rob.

Yeah, you never know. If anyone ever watched the 80's episodes again and was aware of what Travis, Donna and Rob looked like then they could claim that they saw a younger version of that character in the background. Axel was actually an extra between 2004 (maybe earlier)-2008. In Ric's first episode he is seen alongside him and Wazza and in the episode of Home and Away in 2008 where Aden puts the whole school on detention. Axel talks to Aden and is seen a couple of times, even though he wasn't actually introduced as Axel until a week or so after.

Matthew Lyons also appeared in 2007 and early 2008, before he was properly introduced to the series

22 hours ago, CaptainTed84 said:

I am not sure if Jett is originally from Summer Bay or not. When he showed up at the High School he was there as a new student

I got the impression that he was looking after his mum, rather than at school.

12 hours ago, Dan F said:

Vinnie was from Mangrove River

Fair enough, I may have included someone from Yabbie Creek too - is that close enough?

Archived