Catastrophe in the Cyclone

InfantryAlex

On 12/02/2017 at 1:06 AM, ZacxLeah said:

Hey I just want to let you know,  my computer has died so I have no access to any way of updating my story. It died in December. 

I'm currently working on getting one within the next few weeks or in March sometime and then I promise to update. I am really sorry for the inconvenience. 

I am really looking forward to continuing this story and the plans I have for it. 

You could say you had a abit of a computer catastrophe :wink:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter Two: Incoming.

Leah and Zac did their usual night routine, sip at some wine talk about more school work and then head up to bed. Like any married couple would, Zac wrapped his arms around her as wind hurled against the windows, strong but not entirely dangerous yet. Zac pressed a kiss to her hair, "I love you.." He reminds her while they laid there in the silence. It felt like to him that he hadn't been giving her much attention lately, and he felt disappointed in his lack of attention to her, and missing all the dates they planned, but work was swamped and the school kids really needed their Principal on hand to be able to do their HSCs. 

Leah looked up at him, "I love you too, Zac." She murmurs back, turning more into him, her hand moved to play with his chest, rubbing warm circles. Leah wanted the exam period to be over, so they could have their life back. But it was a busy lifestyle for them, they all had their interdependence and part of their life where they couldn't spend 100% of their time together, there just needed more compromise. Leah leaned up kissing him, slowly rolling completely on him, "Up for it?" She mumbled, as Zac nodded, eagerly kissing her to switch the light off so they could have some more privacy.

It was the next morning when Leah and Zac both came down the stairs, in a lighter mood than before. The kids were already down eating their breakfast, preparing for their English HSC. "I am so nervous," Spoke VJ. 

"You'll be fine, VJ you have studied hard. You can pull through," Assured Zac from the kitchen making himself some food and lunch to take in. The wind howled outside, getting louder as minutes ticked by. 

"This storm is really settling in, I hope it's not too distracting for the exam." complains Evie. 

Hunter laughed, "Maybe not." He looked at her, "Block it out and we should be fine." 

------

It was later that afternoon and the cyclone hit, and fast. The HSC exam for English had just been rounded up and finished, the students were free to go. Zac agreed to give Evie, VJ and Hunter a lift home, as Oscar was going to go stay with Matt up at Roo's to study for their bio exam after the cyclone passes. As they're driving trees were swaying everywhere. Zac was trying his hardest to keep them on the road.

Alf came down the stairs of the Summer Bay House, "Right, I have to set up shop here, the storm is hitting pretty badly. Hopefully Zac and the rest make it back before the flamin' thing makes full power. It is likely it'll be much more damaging than the one we had two years ago." He muttered to Leah. 

Leah frowned, "I hope so too, Hunter can stay in the house. I don't want him to get hurt." She said in a caring, annoyed at the storm tone. 

Zac felt the swerve off the road and down a slump, wet hill crashing into an old, broken tree which crashed onto the car..... 

---------------

Omg, that is SOOOO rusty. And crap, and I hate all kinds of it. I think. But. I have plans. And I promise, once I find my niche (and my agitation at certain things.... ;)) I promise it'll get better. But it needed to be updated.

Computer now, so it'll be a little more frequent.

Just now, Kristen said:

Welcome Back.

Great chapter

I didn't think it was crap/rusty I really hope Zac,VJ,Evie and Hunter are going to be alright.

Update again soon :)

Thank you!

Really? I could have sworn it was rusty, but thanks for the feedback. :)

I'll update Friday. :)

Stop beating yourself up! :lol: That was a very solid return to the story, and I really enjoyed it! I thought it was very well written. I particularly liked how you described the intimacy between Zac and Leah. It's not mad passionate sex like a couple of young ones, just more something they do when they have the energy and the time (like a lot of married couples, I imagine). 'You up for it?' and Zac turning the light off were particularly nice touches. You also set the scene for the cyclone and where everyone is really well. Definitely looking forward to the next chapter x

• Like 1

I loved Evie's line about hoping they wouldn't find the storm to distracting to stop them from doing their exams I was about to say Oh Evie I bet the storm will be very  distracting but I guess it wasn't :lol:

Nice slow build up nothing wrong with that calm before the storm or as they say  before the **** hits the fan :lol:

Edited by pembie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ludub said:

Stop beating yourself up! :lol: That was a very solid return to the story, and I really enjoyed it! I thought it was very well written. I particularly liked how you described the intimacy between Zac and Leah. It's not mad passionate sex like a couple of young ones, just more something they do when they have the energy and the time (like a lot of married couples, I imagine). 'You up for it?' and Zac turning the light off were particularly nice touches. You also set the scene for the cyclone and where everyone is really well. Definitely looking forward to the next chapter x

Well I had to force myself to write it, considering how MAD I am at Zac for no spoiler reasons at all. ;)

Thank you! 

2 hours ago, pembie said:

I loved Evie's line about hoping they wouldn't find the storm to distracting to stop them from doing their exams I was about to say Oh Evie I bet the storm will be very  distracting but I guess it wasn't :lol:

Nice slow build up nothing wrong with that calm before the storm or as they say  before the **** hits the fan :lol:

It's only going to get worse and worse, hopefully! Haha. 

1 hour ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Hoping VJ and Evelyn, Hunter and Zac, Leah are okay

Update soon please Xx

Wait and see!

Haha thank you for the support :) xx