Mother slams Kate Ritchie after comments made by Nova radio hosts

Perry

7 minutes ago, ~Lynd~ said:

Freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to be a bully. Do you have any idea what disabled people and their families go through? Or do you just not care if it doesn't concern you.I do agree she shouldn't be coping all the blame though.

Bullying - a word that is thrown around way to much. Bullying is repetitive... And this was a once off, so that won't float with me.

And I sure do know what it's like to look after a disabled person.

But as someone said before, Kate wasn't 'gagged' and thus is allowed to say whatever she wants.

As with anything else, if people don't like it, don't listen to it. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Matt said:

Bullying - a word that is thrown around way to much. Bullying is repetitive... And this was a once off, so that won't float with me.

And I sure do know what it's like to look after a disabled person.

But as someone said before, Kate wasn't 'gagged' and thus is allowed to say whatever she wants.

As with anything else, if people don't like it, don't listen to it. 

As someone who listens to their show daily, bullying is the right word to describe them espescially the way they disrespect their listeners who call up. 

You're right if people don't like it, don't listen to it and that's exactly what I do, I change the station whenever they get too much like I did this afternoon when they made fun of their callers yet again. Unfortunately for them if people keep doing that, they'll be out of a job. 

35 minutes ago, ~Lynd~ said:

So people not literally gagged can go around saying whatever they want and take no responsibility for it. Awesome.Why didn't someone tell me sooner.Thanks for the heads up.

Sometimes a person who speaks their mind is a lot more liked than someone who pussy-foots around the issue... Take a look at Australia's Senate...

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Sometimes a person who speaks their mind is a lot more liked than someone who pussy-foots around the issue... Take a look at Australia's Senate...

Probably not the best argument considering if Kate Ritchie is speaking her mind, she thinks a child having a serious disability is "a comedy act"

10 hours ago, Luke39 said:

Not excusing what Kate said. But tbh was that Kyle and Jackie? That show is a circus lol. Like honestly. It is like be like them to the show is over. I am sure Kate did not intentionally mean no harm. But I agree it was ill-advised. Best she make a public apology, and try to learn from it and move on. I mean if this was a serious discussion forum, sure. But she was on a comedy radio show, so it dictates the context. Of course it does not justify what she said, she was short sighted in making those comments. But the forum dictates the content. And of course in this day in age, if you have a public profile you need to be careful what you say. You get so heavily scrutinized these days. 

So true . Not long ago someone else open her mouth  At least Melissa George regretted her remarks about H&A which although she may have had issues still she has to understand people are devoted to a series and their characters and take things they say  personally.

Im hoping she posts and apology soon the quicker the better even if she was a guest she was in the room and could said something!

Im sad they did this. as I heard before its sad seeing Aussies acting awful as I held Aussie stars to a high standard and was hurt to know some are not the good people I though they were. years ago one reason i stopped fan mail is I asked a bloke what one ex H&A, Neighbours and other icon was like and he said "she worse" and as bad as this was what worse is telling your family that you happy to be off a series because you loathe dealing with the fans even though the cast treated them like a princess and begged them to stay.

Oh how things have changed over the last few years

18 minutes ago, Perry said:

They have apologised on air, I didn't hear it but I read on Facebook they made a joke of an apology. 

As someone who "listens to their show daily", you should know what they're like then. Really, I think this whole situation has been blown out of proportion.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

As someone who "listens to their show daily", you should know what they're like then. Really, I think this whole situation has been blown out of proportion.

To what end Matt? Agree to disagree on this issue.

Archived