Characters you would like to see Return and What Could have happened if they never left

CaptainTed84

There are many characters who have left Home and Away that some people really want to come back on the show and some that people think should have stayed longer or perhaps think that if they stayed an extra year and met the characters that joined after they left, whether their departure would have been different or not.

Four characters come to mind in this hypothetical

1. Aden Jefferies: Aden along with many other characters left the show in 2010 which was a bit of an end of an era for Home and Away because the following year The Braxtons came into it and changed the show. Just before the Braxton's came into it was the Penn Graham storyline, and Aden left a couple of months before Penn joined. It makes me wonder how that storyline would have turned out if Aden was still in the show, considering what happened with Nicole. Also I feel that if Aden was still around when the Braxton's arrived then it would have also been interesting as I can imagine his character forming conflict with the brothers. I am not sure how much longer Aden would lasted because I can't imagine him as one that the River Boys could scare off easily, but maybe if he was to have met another girl or even stayed with Nicole and they left town together that would be reasonably suitable 

As for the other part of this topic with characters returning, If Aden was to return to the bay I can't really think of a good storyline from the top of my head, since not too many of the character's that he was close with are left in the show but something like that is certainly doable as he was a very popular character and I'm sure people would like to see him return.

2. Tony Holden: Tony left a few months after Aden did so just before his departure he managed to meet Penn Graham and also was around for the grand opening of Angelo's just before he left. Another thing that also occurred was his sister Gina's relationship with his arch nemesis John Palmer. His main storyline that year however was seeing him become a PE Teacher again and starting up a girls boxing programme and I think if Tony was to have stayed then we would have seen that storyline evolve a bit more, maybe have Penn ruining it or something like that as from memory he deposited money into it. Another thing that happened shortly after he departed was the wedding of John and Gina, I think that the context of that wedding would have been even more interesting if Tony was there to witness his sister suddenly decide to marry John Palmer after turning down the engagement and if they were still rivaling each other then I think it would have been quite funny to watch. The final thing that Tony missed out on was meeting the Braxton's, I can imagine him having a lot to do with them in terms of being in conflict with them like the whole town was when they first arrived. Also with him working at the school I think he may have also played a part in Miles and Gina's role in attempting to keep Casey Braxton out of trouble and staying in school. As for how he could have departed during all this, I think that his initial departing storyline was probably the best one for his character so if the whole Boston job offer for Rachel didn't happen until maybe mid-2011 at the latest then that could have still have been the perfect departure.

As for Tony returning to the show, Tony was one of my favourite characters of all time so I would love to see him return. As far as storylines go I'm not really sure what could work but one thing that comes to mind is that with him being a passionate sports man is that he could become the PE Teacher again and Hunter and VJ's basketball coach if he was to come back. However I sadly can't see his character ever returning. It would have been nice if he returned in 2013 for Gina's funeral however, I can't recall anyone mentioning why he didn't attend at the time 

3. Miles Copeland: Miles left at the end of 2011, meaning that he unlike the characters above he was around for the entirety of Penn Graham and the beginning of the Braxtons. If he was to have stayed, I believe that there would have been many possible storylines for his character. Firstly, just 4 episodes after he departed was when Charlie Buckton died, and with her being associated with Leah he would have been good support for her during the tough time of losing a good friend and they may have got back together. I also can imagine him being good support for Brax and Ruby who were hit extremely hard by the loss of Charlie. If Miles was to have stayed beyond 2013, then I don't believe that they would have brought Zac's character into the show because their characters are extremely similar with them both being English Teachers and also "cool teachers" and the fact that they both have been in a relationship with Leah as well as getting along with most people makes me think that Zac is almost the new Miles. As for a departing storyline, I believe that his initial one where he left to teach with Sally was a really good one for his character, so if he was to have stayed in 2013 when Sally and Pippa returned he may have left with them to support Pippa with her illness and take up the teaching position.

As for Miles returning, I am sure that's what the majority of people want to happen, including me because he is one of my favourite characters ever. He was dearly missed when he departed. I can definitely see the writers wanting his character to return as he was such a loved character, I feel that if Sally returns in 2018 for the 30th Anniversary of the show, even if it is only a guest role, Miles should return alongside her. That is literally my dream return for Miles and it would be great if he returned permanently.

4. Ruby Buckton: Ruby left in mid-2012 and was a big part of the Braxton storyline for reasons that the majority of people already know of, and honestly I think her departure was perfect timing for the character, which I'm sure many of you agree with. However, depsite this I think that if her character was to have stayed on the show through to 2013 I could think of two possible storylines. Storyline 1 is essentially that her relationship with Romeo became stronger and the two of them opened up the gym that Romeo and Indi opened in 2013. Now although Ruby didn't have the business qualifications that Indi has, throughout her time on the show she was into fitness with her being seen a few times at the old gym in 2008 and she also surfed alot in 2011-2012 so I feel that if she became a personal trainer and teamed up with Romeo, they could have opened the gym together. The other storyline that I can think of is a possible relationship with Kyle Braxton. Kyle joined the show just before Ruby left, I don't believe that they ever met each other because Kyle was pretty unknown for a while when he first arrived but I feel that she could have been what Tamara Kingsley was if she stayed on the show and gotten back together with Casey and maybe seeing Kyle fall for her like he did with Tamara and Ruby and Kyle possibly become a couple. I'm not really sure if those two could have worked as a couple as we never saw them together but it could have happened. I think if Ruby was to depart later then it would've been in 2013 and most likely the result of a breakup between Kyle and Romeo, I think her departing storyline could have varied. We may have seen her say her goodbyes to Charlie and have a fresh start in the city, or leave Summer Bay in a police car just like she initially did. I personally would have preferred her to have a positive departure so if I had to choose I would go for a positive one.

As for Ruby returning, I'm not sure how that would work. First of all we are unaware of what actually happened to her, well at least I am. As far as I know she either went to jail or was on bail, but most got some sort of criminal charge for what she did to Dexter. In an interview at the Logies in 2014, Rebecca Breeds was asked back to return for the London Storyline, I assume to play the role that Linda did as Casey's love interest which I think would have been a lot more interesting. But if she was to return in 2017, I am really not sure how it would work and whether it would be considered. I personally was a fan of Ruby Buckton, she was my favourite character so I would love her to come back but seeing as the Braxton's are all gone I can't see it happening.

Judith-I would like Judith to have stayed longer but I guess having 5 older female characters at once became too much and I guess Judith had no more  purpose with not having any more kids and Donald becoming principal again .

But maybe if Joel had stayed and stayed with Judith and Joel and Judith could have become foster parents and Sutherland girls could be orphans and come to live with Judith and Joel.

Beth-I would like Beth to have stayed and move back into Summer Bay House with Tony after Sally left. Tony and Beth become next Tom/Michael and Pippa and  Alf could buy Beth house and Miles moves in with Alf. Maybe Tony could become principal after Martin left in 2009 as they may not of bought in Gina at least not as regular if  had Beth had stayed.

Floss- I think Floss could become like Helen Daniels of H&A as she was like Grandma to Fletcher's and she was always helping Pippa and theres no doubt in my mind  that Pippa was telling herself I could really done with Floss help when things got too much after Tom/Michael dead and I would love  to see Floss and Morag feud as would be like Madge and Mrs Mangel feud on Neighbours as Floss would give Morag as good as she gets unlike Celia and Colleen who had trouble standing up to Morag .

Pippa-  I think if Pippa had stayed then I think Gyspy and Tom would come to Summer Bay as orphans with Joel and Natalie being killed offscreen in Hong Kong. Gypsy and Tom come to live with their uncle Travis and Travis realises they,re better off living with Pippa. In 2000 Rhys arrives as single dad with Dani/Kristy and Jade and fosters Broadie and Christopher could had Nic or

Seb storylines instead.

Ailsa-   I always wonder if Duncan would be recast in 2001 if Ailsa had live as actor who played Duncan wanted to leave in 2001 and I very much doubt Duncan would left Summer if his mum was still alive and little own living with Morag as Ailsa would never allow that and so I think Duncan would be recast with Seb storylines and i would to had see Ailsa becoming good frineds with Beth and also Ailsa seeing Morag has truly change. .

Colleen-  I would like Colleen to had become regular in 1990 after Celia as I think Colleen would fitting in better in 90s.

I loved Aden! He was my favourite character in the history of H&A and I really miss him. In many ways, I would love to see him back on the show, but I'd be really worried about them bringing him back just so they could involve him in some criminal storyline and then send him to prison. That's probably what they'd do!. I can just see the closing shot now, with him sitting on his cot bed in his cell having been sentenced to 20 odd years. I would not be pleased! For that reason, I want them to leave him in the past. I want to think that Aden managed to build himself a decent life when he left the Bay and that he stayed out of trouble. I hope that he might even be happy. 

Miles, on the other hand, I would kill to see back on the show! I loved him! :wub: How could anyone not love Miles?! If there's a petition, I'll sign it.

I don't really have particularly strong feelings about the other two to be honest.

Ric is someone I would absolutely love to see again. It would be great if he could come back to see Alf and maybe decide to stick around for a while. I'd love to think that he and Mattie were together and that they had a family now. He was another of my favourites. I'd like Alf and Roo to have more family around them too. (I really hope that he's cut his hair! :lol:)

And I miss Colleen :P We need a good busy body. That's something a bit lacking in the show these days and she always provided that bit of light relief. "Oh, Constable Risotto!" haha! 

1 hour ago, Ludub said:

I loved Aden! He was my favourite character in the history of H&A and I really miss him. In many ways, I would love to see him back on the show, but I'd be really worried about them bringing him back just so they could involve him in some criminal storyline and then send him to prison. That's probably what they'd do!. I can just see the closing shot now, with him sitting on his cot bed in his cell having been sentenced to 20 odd years. I would not be pleased! For that reason, I want them to leave him in the past. I want to think that Aden managed to build himself a decent life when he left the Bay and that he stayed out of trouble. I hope that he might even be happy. 

Todd Lasance was being kept busy zooming about on The Flash last time I seen him :D Aden and Belle were very cool characters though.

54 minutes ago, pembie said:

Todd Lasance was being kept busy zooming about on The Flash last time I seen him :D Aden and Belle were very cool characters though.

Ooh, I didn't know that! Could make for an interesting mashup if Aden came back as 'The Rival' [disclaimer: I know nothing about The Flash, I just googled it, lol!] Deck hand by day, super speed villain by night! :wink:

13 hours ago, Ludub said:

Miles, on the other hand, I would kill to see back on the show! I loved him! :wub: How could anyone not love Miles?! If there's a petition, I'll sign it.

I don't really have particularly strong feelings about the other two to be honest.

Ric is someone I would absolutely love to see again. It would be great if he could come back to see Alf and maybe decide to stick around for a while. I'd love to think that he and Mattie were together and that they had a family now. He was another of my favourites. I'd like Alf and Roo to have more family around them too. (I really hope that he's cut his hair! :lol:)

And I miss Colleen :P We need a good busy body. That's something a bit lacking in the show these days and she always provided that bit of light relief. "Oh, Constable Risotto!" haha! 

Yeah me too, Aden was a great character. Matt Page reminds me a lot of him, and yes I agree. They would probably do a similar return to what they did with Will Smith in 2010 when he murdered Penn Graham. Also what were your thoughts on my hypotheticals for both Aden and Miles? Very curious to know as you stated that you loved both.

Ric returning would be awesome as well, I can totally imagine his character working at Summer Bay Auto with Ash, Justin and Matt. Mark Furze (the actor of Ric) actually shaved off all his hair and grew a beard so with this image change not really to suitable for Ric, if he was to be brought back I think he would most likely be recasted. It's funny because Ric has hardly been mentioned by Alf Stewart since around 2008 and briefly in 2011 which I find kinda sad as they were so close so we don't really know too much about what he is doing now. If Ric was to return then I think it would only be fitting if Matilda did as well, seeing as they both left as a couple. Hopefully they are still together now, as far as I know they didn't get married so it could be a sign that they may not be together anymore but it would be great if they were and returned together. If Ric was to return I think that he would be very funny around his uncle Duncan and John Palmer.

I miss Colleen too, she was a laugh however I can't see a full-time return happening ever again as Lyn Collingwood retired from acting.

On 18/10/2016 at 10:38 AM, CaptainTed84 said:

Also I feel that if Aden was still around when the Braxton's arrived then it would have also been interesting as I can imagine his character forming conflict with the brothers. I am not sure how much longer Aden would lasted because I can't imagine him as one that the River Boys could scare off easily, but maybe if he was to have met another girl or even stayed with Nicole and they left town together that would be reasonably suitable 

Aden: Yeah, I think Aden would have found it difficult to keep out of the Braxtons' way and would probably have locked horns with Heath especially, but then again, he was never an out and out criminal so I'm not sure what storyline they'd have gone with here. 

I think they could have had him come back and stay with Irene, if he'd come back single, or maybe bring a wife and family with him. 

But as I said, I'd be afraid they were just bringing him back to hang him. 

Miles: I think I'd be happy no matter what way they brought Miles back, as long as they aren't cruel to him. Being mean to Miles is like kicking a puppy in the face with steel toe caps. It's just wrong. I miss him. I want him back. The sooner the better. I'd happily watch Miles just sit around for the entire episode eating, whatever... Love him. If they want to bring him back as part of the anniversary with Sally, that would be great, but any which way is fine by me. Ideally I'd like him to come back with a wife and kids in tow, and for him to take up a position at the school again. That would be just dandy :) Yay Miles! Now where's that petition? Haha.

I have thought of one for Jack Holden and what could have happened if he never died

1. Jack Holden- Now just before Jack left, we saw Xavier Austin join the bay for his short schoolies stint which was a preview for what was to come in 2009. Now if Jack was to have stayed alive, I doubt we would have seen anything of the Holden's extended family join the bay, not even the small schoolies stint from Xavier. In my hypothetical for Jack however, the Austins do end up joining the bay.

So after Xavier's schoolies stint, Jack returns home and is still eager to investigate the building site. This leads to the very night where he was shot by Angelo, at the point where Tim fires his gun and Jack assumingly turns around. Instead of doing so and leading to being shot, Jack calls out to Angelo and they both chase to find Tim with their rifles equipt. In doing this, Jack and Angelo are both shot and Tim runs away. Closing the 2008 finale.

In 2009, after the aftermath of the school accident which occurred in the actual show. Tony goes out to find Jack and finds both Jack and Angelo's bodies. In the next episode, they discover that Angelo has died and Jack is in a coma. With his health only being relied on life support. This is when Tony gives Gina a call and Gina and Xavier return for potentially their final moments with their relative. Just as Jack wakes up from the coma, and everyone is happy and in joy. Hugo walks in. This will replicate how he arrived at Jack's funeral. After this, similar storylines occur when Hugo and Xavier decide to move to the bay with Gina following after. In these storylines, Jack plays a supportive role but not a major role. However as the year continues, we see Jack at work one day noticing that Hugo is suspect for people smuggling and throughout the rest of the year he has to keep a huge secret from his family that he is stalking Hugo, like Angelo did. This leads on to 2010 where we see Hugo being forced into witness protection, however during the stunt where he is shot with the bulletproof vest, he forgets to put on his vest and is shot dead. In the aftermath of this the family mourn Hugo and shortly after, Jack recieves a job offer in Boston and decides to take it and we see Jack and Martha depart. A few months later, Rachel receives the same job offer in Boston that she actually did in the show and her and Tony leave to be with Jack and Martha.

Archived