The Camping Trip

AtlantaG1912

Chapter 88

Next Day…

Hospital – Kyle's Room/Corridor

Everyone was fast asleep all surrounding the hospital bed that Kyle was lying on, none of them knew about about the woman that was currently standing in the doorway watching Kyle.

Hannah had noticed the woman and walked over to her: "May I help you with something?"

"I'm Kyle's mother. I have some documents that his doctor needs." The woman replies.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't realise. If you come with me I will take you to see Doctor Cooper." Hannah said as she motioned for the woman to follow her.

Hospital – Nate's Office

Hannah knocks on the door and then enters the room to tell Nate that there was someone here to see him.

"Bring her in." Nate says to the nurse. "Hello I'm Dr Nate Cooper."

"Louise Taylor, Kyle's mum." Louise replies with a smile. "I apologise that my husband isn't here but he is currently in London on a business trip but he is trying to get back as quick as possible."

"That's fine." Nate says as he notices the file in her arms "I don't suppose I can have a look at that now."

"Oh yes but first how is my baby doing?" Louise asks as Nate points to the seat.

Nate then spends the next ten minutes explaining everything that has happened to Kyle and what they are trying to do to help him.

"Thank you Dr Cooper. Me and my daughter would like to see Kyle now."

"Daughter?" Nate said with a surprised look on his face.

"Sorry, Kyle's sister Callie is here as well but she went to get a drink from the vending machine."

"Oh right, well do you need help finding the room?" Nate asks her.

"No that's ok, I already found it and besides you have some reading to Dr Cooper." Louise says as she gets up and leaves to let Nate read over the file.

Hospital – Kyle's Room

Louise and Callie position themselves in the two empty chairs beside Kyle's bed and Phoebe who was asleep.

While the two new occupants of the room whispered quietly amongst themselves Phoebe started to stir which caught the attention of Louise.

Phoebe looks up and sees Callie and Louise with a relieved look on her face as she saw the two people she needed the most: "Hello."

"Hi." Louise and Callie reply.

"Who are all these people?" Callie asks her.

Phoebe looks around the room and starts to quietly point out everyone.

2 Hours later…

The rest of them were all eventually starting to wake up from their slumbers and were shocked to find two strangers in the room. The younger one talking quietly to Phoebe and the older one stroking Kyle's hair in a motherly way.

"Who are you?" Brax asks as the three women look at him.

"Brax this is Kyle's foster mum Louise and his sister Callie." Phoebe introduces them.

Ricky spoke once the teen was finished: "It's lovely to meet you both finally. I can see you truly care about Kyle."

"Of course I do after all he's my baby." Louise replies with a harsh tone not liking how Ricky had just said that.

Brax relieves the tension: "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Looking after Kyle when you didn't have too."

"That's ok and thank you for taking him in and accepting him. He's always wanted to meet you since he found out that you all existed." Louise adds.

All three Braxton brothers smiled as they all thought that they couldn't imagine Kyle not being a part of their lives.

"I take it you have fallen under the Kyle spell." Callie laughs.

"Sorry?" Casey asks not understanding what she was on about.

"The Kyle spell? Once you meet him you couldn't imagine live without him, why do you think Phoebe followed him here." Callie replied which caused them all to laugh just as Nate entered the room.

"I'm glad to see that everyone is getting along." Nate says.

"We are Nate." Ricky answers.

"I hate to break the bonding of the most important people in my patient's live but I think everyone but Louise and Callie should head home for a shower as you all stink."

"Cheers Nate!" Bianca says loudly but laughing.

They all agree to leave accept Brax who isn't hesitant to leave Kyle with people he didn't know that well: "I think I will stay here."

"Go home, I will look after Kyle and if there is any change I will get Dr Cooper here to call you." Louise answers.

"Ok but I won't be long." Brax says as he stands up and grabs Ricky's hand following her out of the room, quietly telling Nate he won't be long.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello the author here, I just want to apologise for the delay in updating this fanfiction, I've been so busy with going back too uni and then my laptop decided it wasn't going to work so it had to be sent to apple to get fixed and I can now say that it is back and I can start writing again. So here's the next chapter.

Chapter 89

50 minutes later…

Caravan Park – Main House

After being sent home to have a shower, Phoebe was dropped off at her home by Bianca and Heath who had offered to give her a lift back.

As she walked through the front door, the teen was shocked to see everyone gathered around the table: "What's going on?"

Roo who had spent all night wide awake with worry over where Phoebe was said calmly: "Why don't you tell us?"

"CRAP!" Phoebe said loudly as she remembered that she had forgot to call and tell Roo what was happening.

"Mind the language and answer Roo as she has been worried sick about you." Alf tells her.

"Sorry Mr Stewart." Phoebe apologises then proceeds to explain everything to Roo.

15 minutes later…

"Is he going to be ok?" Maddy asked.

"They don't know yet." Phoebe tells them.

Roo and Alf just looked at the young girl when she said that.

"Poor Kyle." Alf says clearly not expecting to hear what Phoebe had just said.

Roo who was thinking back on the whole time she'd known Kyle, spoke: "I never knew he was so ill."

"That's because he didn't want anyone to know Roo," Phoebe then turned to her best friends "This means you can't tell the others as too many people already know and I don't want Kyle to worry about anyone else finding out his secret considering he never wanted anyone to know in the first place."

Tamara and Maddy looked at each then back at their friend: "We won't, promise!"

Alf who was curious to know why she was only saying something now asked: "Why didn't you say anything before, when Kyle was originally taken to the hospital after the building collapsed?"

"I would have, if it wasn't for the fact I was so worried when they said his heart had stopped that I had completely forgot about it and I didn't know that it wouldn't be in his medical file."

Roo looks at the girl who she was ready to punish and said: "When you came in I was ready to tell you off and punish you for not calling to tell me where you were all night but now that I know I'm not going to punish you for that and I'm also not going to punish you for not saying anything about Kyle's health problems before now as I can see you that you are sorry for not speaking up sooner and I think you have learnt you lesson."

Braxton House – Living Room

Meanwhile over at the Braxton house, Casey who had just finished having a shower appeared in the living room.

"Where are you going?" Brax demands to know, when he see what Casey is wearing.

"I have to go to work as someone has called in sick and there's no one else who can cover." Casey replies.

"It's fine go to work and just so you know, Bianca is heading back to the city to collect Darcy and Harley from a friend's place as they don't know how long they will be here for and think it would be best if we were altogether."

"That's a really good idea." Casey says "Brax, will you keep me posted on how Kyle is doing?"

"Sure." Brax replies as Casey leaves for work.

"Casey gone to work?" Rickey asks as she walks into the house and into the kitchen to make a coffee.

"Yeah apparently someone called in sick so he has to go in and cover the shift." Brax answers her.

"Well at least it will take his mind off what's going on with Kyle."

"Yeah I suppose." Brax says.

"Ok, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong other than the fact that Kyle is in hospital."

"I know that there's something else wrong so out with it."

Brax looks at his girlfriend and smiles forgetting that she can read him like a book: "I don't know whether or not to trust Kyle's foster family."

"Why? They seem nice to me and they obviously care about Kyle otherwise they wouldn't have stuck with him through this if they didn't"

"That's a good point but it doesn't mean I can't be worried." Brax replies.

Ricky turns back to finish making the coffee while Brax gets up and walks over to the picture that is on the shelf of him and his brothers: "I'm starting to think Ricky that for the last two years we have been living with a stranger and that everything we do know about Kyle doesn't matter anymore because I don't know whether or not to believe it."

Ricky hands Brax a cup: "I know what you mean but Kyle doesn't lie about anything and Phoebe explained why he stayed quiet about this so you can't go blaming Kyle for something he didn't feel comfortable sharing with us."

Before Brax could say anything else his phone lit up.

Hospital – Kyle's room

Callie and Louise are sat quietly on either side of Kyle when Nate enters the room.

"Hello again." Nate says to them.

"Hello back." Louise says to him "So do you think there's been any change yet?"

"Well we are starting to see some progress so I've made the decision

to start weaning him off the ventilator by reducing his sedation levels. So hopefully he will be awake soon and I only came in to let you know as I have a nurse called Brax to let him know with him being Kyle's guardian."

Callie who had been listening to what the doctor said, spoke up: "They really care about Kyle, don't they?"

"Yes, that family would do anything for their own no matter what. When Kyle first came to the Bay they looked out for him and made sure that he was always taken care of." Nate says then excuses himself as he had other patients to see.

Brax had quickly answered the phone when he had seen who was calling.

Once the call was over he quickly shoved his phone back in his pocket and started o search for the keys to the ute.

"What is it?" Ricky asked she watched Brax searching for something.

"That was the hospital apparently they are reducing Kyle's sedation levels so he will be awake soon and I want to be there when he does." Brax replies "Only thing is, I don't know where the keys to the ute are?"

"That's great news!" Ricky exclaims as she grabs the keys of the table and throws them to Brax who races out the door with her not far behind calling heath and Phoebe.

4 hours later…

Hospital – Kyle's room

Everyone had reconvened in Kyle's hospital room with Casey arriving only ten minutes ago and know they were all waiting for Kyle to show some signs of waking up.

Just as everyone was starting to think that he wasn't going to wake up, Phoebe feels a slight pressure on her hand as if someone was squeezing it. The young girl looks up to see Kyle's eyes starting to open.

When she stands up everyone is alerted to the fact he is awake, Casey quickly runs out the room to get Nate just as Kyle starts to chock and tries to grab the tub that was currently down his throat. Hannah and Nate appears pushing everyone out of the room so they can sort him out.

Chapter 90

20 minutes later…

Hospital – Kyle's Room

Finally, the nurses and Nate had finished checking Kyle over and had eventually allowed everyone to go back in while they checked check on their other patients.

Louise rushes over to the bed and places a kiss on Kyle's forehead. Kyle lifts his hand up and pushes the oxygen mask off of his face and starts to look around the room.

"Mum?" Kyle says confused "What are you doing here?"

"Me and Callie are here because you need us and your dad is on his way as well." Louise replies.

As Kyle rescans the room, his eyes lie on Brax who has a smile creeping its way up his face.

"It's good to have you back mate but you really need to stop scaring us like this." Brax replies.

Ricky, Heath and Casey all agree as they don't think they could take anymore scares. Kyle is about to ask something when the person he was looking for the most appears in his line of view.

Walking over to Kyle, Phoebe says: "I'm so sorry Kyle."

Quietly Kyle asks her: "Why are you sorry?"

"I had to tell them." Phoebe replies knowing what is probably going to happen next.

Kyle's face suddenly changes and without thinking he sits up quickly and shouts: "ARE YOU STUPID?!"

Everyone in the room just looks at him, then Brax says: "Kyle, you need to calm down. Shouting like this won't be good for you."

"NO!" Kyle shouts at him.

Heath looks at his baby brother: "Mate you just woke up so just stay calm."

Phoebe just stands beside the bed and looks at Kyle as she knows that what she did was the right thing but she can't help feeling guilty over betraying his trust by telling them.

Louise looks at Kyle: "Sweetheart, Phoebe did the right thing as no one here knew but her."

Kyle who can't wrap his head around the fact that Phoebe broke his trust and now they all know: "GET OUT!"

Nate who had been stood at the Nurse's Station heard the shouting and came running back into the room to see Kyle who was obviously in pain shouting at the whole room and everyone just standing around staring at him as they didn't know what to do.

"Visiting hours are over so I think it might be a good idea for you all to leave and give Kyle some time to rest." Nate explains to them.

"Me and Callie will stay here." Louise states.

"GET OUT AS WELL!" Kyle shouts at them as Nate pushes him back down on the bed.

With that everyone exits the room leaving Kyle to rest.

Hospital – Corridor Outside Kyle's Room

Phoebe backs up into the wall opposite Kyle's room and slides down to the point where she's sat on the floor then starts to cry.

The rest of them were too busy staring at Kyle through the window in the door, when Ricky turned around she noticed phoebe crying on the floor and rushed over to comfort her.

"Pheebs, you did the right thing." Ricky tells the young girl.

Through the sobs Phoebe says: "Th then why does doesn't it fe feel like it?"

Brax walks over to her and kneels down in front of her: "Phoebe you take it from me, you did the right thing."

"Obviously I didn't Brax." Phoebe states "He hates me now!"

"No he doesn't, Kyle's just upset but when he calms down he will understand that you did it to help him." Ricky tells her.

Callie who had been watching the scene play out, speaks up: "Don't worry Phoebe, you know that no matter what happens Kyle will always cave in the end. He will then see that you were right to tell everyone."

Phoebe looks up at Callie: "I hope your right Callie, because I couldn't bare it if Kyle hated me."

Brax stands up and goes over to Louise and asks if she has anywhere to stay: "If you don't you can stay with us and I know we have limited space but we can make it work if you have nowhere."

"Thank you for the offer but we have a hotel." Louise replies.

After that they make a plan to meet back at the hospital in the morning when everyone has had time to calm down.

2 hours and 57 minutes later…

Hotel – Room 46

Louise and Callie were sat on the two double beds in their hotel room watching the TV when there was a knock at the door.

Louise got up and walked over to the door. When she opened it there stood in the hallway was her husband, William.

"I got here as soon as I could," William states "How's our son?"

William walks over to the bed and sits down just as Louise closes the door and starts to explain everything they she knew so far. Then she brought up how Kyle reacted to the news of everyone knowing.

"Kyle's biological family are really nice!" Callie interrupts.

William looks at his daughter and replies with: "I hope they would be sweetheart and I can't wait to meet them and then I will be giving that son of mine a telling off!"

Next Day…

Hospital – Kyle's Room

Kyle was lying with head facing away from the door, he hadn't slept all night due to being upset over everything that had happened, thinking to himself:

I can't believe she did that I! I trusted her and she broke that trust. She better not show up today or I will not be held accountable for my actions. Brax and Heath are so going to kill me but there again so will Mam and Callie who have probably called Dad. He will defo kill me!

Kyle was broken from his thoughts by Nate who had come into the room to check on him.

"How are you feeling, this morning Kyle?" Nate asks his patient.

Kyle doesn't say anything instead he continues to face the wall.

"Kyle I need you to understand that by not informing anyone of your Kidney Disease it could have ended badly." Nate tells him "Phoebe did the right thing because she cares about you."

Kyle still ignores Nate.

"Alright mate, I'll come back later and check on you but for now just try and get some rest." Nate says as he picks Kyle's chart up and walks back out the room making sure to close the door behind him.

1 hour later…

Hospital – Corridor outside Kyle's Room

The Braxtons and Kyle's foster family were standing outside his room.

"Well it's good to meet you all eventually, I'm sorry it's not under better circumstances. Also apologise for not being here yesterday but I was in London on a business trip." William tells the Braxtons, as he holds his hand out to shake Brax's hand.

Brax takes the man's hand and shakes it: "That's ok and we are just sorry that we didn't know what was going on with Kyle."

"Brax this isn't your fault; Kyle just doesn't want people to knows as he feels like they would use it against him." Louise explains to them.

Casey who was shocked that Kyle could ever think that says: "We would never do that and Kyle should know that by now!"

Callie tells Casey that: "Yes, Kyle knows that Casey but I take it you have all seen how hard it is for him to open up and let other people in?"

"Oh don't worry, we know." Heath butts in.

William tells them all that Kyle did the same with them when he arrived in their care but he had eventually started to open up after a bit of time.

"Well shall we go in then?" Ricky asks them all.

With that they all enter Kyle's room unsure of what to expect from him this morning after how he was yesterday.

Chapter 91

Hospital – Kyle's Room

As they all entered the room the first thing they noticed was that Kyle was looking at the wall with the window showing outside instead of the doorway like he did after the accident.

"How you doing, bro?" Casey asks him.

Kyle just ignores.

"Kyle, are you okay?"" Ricky asks him.

Still Kyle just ignores them.

"Here we go!" Callie says loudly earning a look from Louise and William.

"Don't start!" Louise tells her.

"Don't start what?" Brax asks them.

"What he does every time he: 1) Doesn't get what he wants, or 2) When he is angry and upset about something." Callie replies "I'm thinking that this is defo the second option."

"Are you saying he's acted like this before?" Heath asks her.

"Wait, you haven't seen him act like this?! Wow, maybe Kyle is right about how he is never in trouble." Callie says completely shocked.

"He can also here you all!" Kyle exclaims without moving his head.

William is the first to speak: "You, young man are in a boat load of trouble!"

"For what? Not telling them something, for God Sake Dad, I am allowed to have secrets!"

"Yes you are, however you are not allowed to keep secrets that could result in you getting hurt of worse, dying!" William shouts at him.

"Alright William, I think it's time you back as I believe Kyle knows what he has done is wrong." Louise tells him.

William backs off and suggests that him and Louise go and get them all something to drink from the Canteen.

4 minutes later…

Once the two of them had left, Callie says to Kyle: "Don't listen to Dad he's just upset after all you scared all of us."

Kyle, forgetting that his brothers and Ricky was in the room says to his sister: "I know but it is true though, anything could have happened and it would have been my fault as I didn't tell anyone."

"Then maybe you should explain in your own words to your brothers, the reason why you didn't tell them." Callie suggests as she gets up.

"Ok." Kyle agrees.

He sits up and looks at his brothers and Ricky, as Callie slips out the room to leave them all to talk.

Hospital – Canteen

"How could he be so stupid?" William asks his wife.

Louise replies with: "He was scared, William."

"I know but we could have lost him this time and I don't know how I could survive if we lost our son."

"Well let's just be grateful that Phoebe was here and she could tell them. Besides now they all know and so does his doctor that this hopefully won't happen again." Louise tells him just as Callie appears.

"That doctor is really cute!" Callie replies.

"Really?" Louise says to her daughter.

"What?" Callie asks "It was just an observation anyway if you wondering the reason I'm here is I left Kyle to talk to his brothers and Ricky"

"Well why don't we give them some space and go look around Summer Bay?" William suggests.

They all agree and leave the Canteen.

Hospital – Kyle's Room

"Phoebe had explained to us, that you were worried we would react the same way Danny did but to be honest mate, you should have given us more credit than that." Brax says to his brother.

"I know but I was just scared Brax and I couldn't take someone else saying that." Kyle replies while playing with the blanket.

Ricky being the usual voice of reason, says to him: "No matter what happens Kyle, we are going to be here for you and no one, and I mean no one will be shipping you off anywhere."

Heath jumps into the conversation: "Your part of the furniture now Kylie and that means we can't get rid of you."

They all started laughing at that.

"Ok and I'm sorry again for not telling any of you sooner." Kyle says to them.

• 1 month later...

Hello author here, just wanted to say thank you for continuing to read both of my fanfics. Also I apologise for not updating this sooner but I've been so busy with uni lately that it was easier and quicker to do some of my one-shots with the little time I had than trying to write this one. Plus, I want to say thank you for all the lovely comments I keep getting. Anyway here's the next chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Beach

"I've got to admit; I can see why Kyle likes it here so much!" Callie says to her parents as they walk down the beach.

William says to his daughter while watching someone fishing: "I agree! It would be nice to be able to fish anytime you want, as a matter of fact I might just go and say hello to that man over there."

William walks away leaving his wife and daughter to talk.

"Maybe we could visit Kyle now that we have met his biological family, as this also seems like a nice place for a holiday?" Louise says to her daughter who was watching a guy coming out of the water.

Callie smiled at the guy as he ran past with his surfboard: "Why not mum? Better yet, why don't we move here?"

Laughing, Louise says: "What about uni? And not to mention mine and your dad's jobs?"

"Well I can transfer to the local uni here and you can get always get a new job."

"You didn't mention your father in that!"

"Well dad is never home anyway so it wouldn't bother him whether we lived in Melbourne or here in Summer Bay."

"Sorry Callie it's just not going to happen, besides I like the fact that Kyle is able to come and visit us, whenever he wants to escape this small town."

"Who would want to escape this place?" Callie says as she looks around "IT'S BEAUTIFUL!"

The two of them stop walking and talking as they approach William.

William stands beside his wife and daughter and introduces them to the man: "Alf Stewart meet my wife, Louise and our daughter, Callie."

"Hello! I guess you are young Kyle's family then?" Alf asks them.

"Yeah we are and don't mind me asking but how do you know Kyle?" Louise asks the older man curiously.

"Oh sorry, Phoebe lives at the Caravan Park with me, my daughter Roo and her foster kids Maddy and Tamara." Alf explains to them.

"Sooo that's where she lives?!" Callie says loudly.

The Surf Club

Phoebe was currently sat at table drinking her smoothing while her friends (Josh, Evie, Maddy and Oscar who was trying to play the best that he can with a cast on his arm) play a game of pool.

"PHOEBE!" A young girl shouts from the doorway.

Phoebe looks up to see Darcy heading towards her with Bianca who was holding Harley.

"Grommet, it's good to see you!" Phoebe says as she gives the young girl a hug and takes Harley so she can hug him too.

"Hi Bianca!" The other four teens say as they head back over to the table for a break.

Bianca smiles at the teens then asks: "How is Kyle doing since I left to pick these two up from the city?"

Phoebe who was tickling Harley, says to her: "Your better off asking Heath that question considering I don't want to talk about it!"

"It can't be that bad surely?"

"Oh Bianca, it is bad!"

"Well then I better go, as I promised Heath I would meet him at the hospital."

Phoebe who by now had stopped tickling Harley asks: "Do you want me to look after the kids, while you head to the hospital?"

"Are you sure you don't mind?"

"No I don't mind as I've missed them both so much." Phoebe tells her.

"Then ok, thank you Pheebs." Bianca says.

"No problem." Phoebe tells her as she watches the woman leave.

45 minutes later…

Hospital – Kyle's Room

By the time, Bianca arrived at the hospital Kyle was fast asleep.

"Where's the kids?" Heath asks her quietly.

"Phoebe offered to look after them for us." Bianca replies to him "How's Kyle doing? Phoebe said it was bad when I asked her."

Realising that Bianca thought Phoebe meant that Kyle was doing to well, she started to explain what had happened since she had left.

10 minutes later…

"So he took it out on Pheebs, when she was only doing the right thing?"" Bianca says when Ricky had finished explaining.

"Pretty much." Casey tells her.

As they were all talking, no one realised that Kyle was actually awake and listening to the whole conversation that was going on around him.

Eventually it goes quiet, Kyle says loudly: "She betrayed my trust!"

"Oh, so you are awake then?" Brax states.

"Well it's a bit hard to sleep when you lot are talking!" Kyle says as he sniffs the air.

"What are you doing?" Casey asks curiously.

Kyle tells them that: "It smells funny in this room."

"Well it is a hospital, Kyle." Bianca reminds her brother in law.

"No, that's not what I meant!"

"Then what do you mean?" Ricky asks him.

"Well what I mean is that it smells like gas in here but not that kind of gas before you say anything Heath." Kyle looks at him.

"Then what other form of gas can there be?" Heath asks.

"Gas as in petrol!"

Brax looks at his brother with a worried look: "Well Kyle, there's definitely no petrol in here."

"WELL I KN…" Kyle abruptly stops speaking.

The other occupants in the room watch as Kyle's eyes roll into the back of his head and he starts seizing again.

Casey quickly gets up from where he was sitting and ins out the room to get help.

Hospital – Corridor

As Casey get out of them the room and into the corridor he quickly spots Hannah: "Hannah!"

"What is it?" The nurse asks him.

Casey quickly explains what's happening to Kyle. Once she had finished listening, Hannah pages Nate and then races into the room pushing everyone out just as Nate arrives.

The Diner

While that was happening at the hospital, Phoebe was sat in the Diner with Darcy, Harley and Josh who had agreed to help her babysit just as the Taylors and Alf entered.

"Hey Pheebs!" Callie says as she walks over to the table.

"Hey Callie! Josh meet Callie, she's Kyle's sister." Phoebe says to Josh.

"Hi!" Josh says to her.

"Hi Josh!" Callie replies then looks at the two kids and asks "So who are these two?"

"Oh, this Darcy." Who waves then Phoebe turns and says "This is Harley! They're Kyle's niece and nephew."

"Oh cool! So which brother?"

"Heath!"

"Really?" Callie asks not thinking she heard that properly.

"Yep, he's actually a good dad." Phoebe tells her friend.

"I'm surprised."

"Why? Because he doesn't seem like the type to be a good father to his kids?" Josh butts in "It's a bit disrespectful, don't you think?"

"Well sorry, I was just saying." Callie states just as Louise walks over and says hello.

"Hi Louise, I see William arrived eventually." Phoebe says as she looks over to William and Mr Stewart.

"Yeah he got here last night as it happens." Louise replies to the teen.

"I bet he has already told Kyle off."

"How did you guess? Louise asks which causes them all to laugh "So we met Alf on the beach and he told us you lived with him?"

"Yeah his daughter took me as Brax didn't think it was appropriate for me to live at their place." Phoebe responds to her.

"He was right to say that. Well, we are going to go join William and Alf." Louise says "Come on Callie!"

Watching the two women walk away and sit at another table, Josh says to his friend: "SO they were Kyle's family?"

Phoebe just nods her head.

Hospital – Kyle's Room

Just as the Taylors were sitting down to order lunch, Kyle was starting to come round from his seizure.

Pushing the mask off his face, Kyle asks: "Wh what happened?"

As Nate places the mask back on his young patient's face, he replies: "You had a seizure while talking your brothers and the girls. So I'm going to send you for another MRI, just to be safe."

With that they wheel Kyle out of the room.

Hospital – Corridor

"Nate! Where are you taking him?" Brax asks noticing Kyle was awake again.

"I'm going to take Kyle for another MRI to make sure that his kidney function hasn't dropped again then I am starting him on dialysis pronto." Nate tells them all.

As Nate turns and walks away, it suddenly dawns on the whole Braxton family just how serious Kyle's situation was.

1 Hour and 10 Minutes Later…

Hospital – Waiting Room

"We came as quickly as we could!" Louise say as the Taylors and Phoebe enter the room.

"Where's Darcy and Harley?" Heath demands to know as soon as he sees the teen.

Phoebe looks at him and says: "Don't worry Josh has taken them back to the house and is going to give them their dinner."

William ignore the conversation going on between Phoebe and Heath and directs a question Brax: "Can you tell us exactly what happen?"

With that both Brax and Ricky proceed to tell the four of them everything that had happened since they saw Kyle this morning.

55 Minutes Later…

Everyone was sat around the room thinking to themselves when Nate reappears.

"Its not good I'm afraid." Nate tells them "Kyle's kidney function is now at 14 and its dropped way to quickly for my liking."

"So, what happens now?" Callie asks the doctor.

"Well I'm going to place Kyle on a dialysis machine and I've also placed him on the transplant list but unfortunately it is a very long list and it could be a long time before a donor is found."

"What are you saying Nate?" Bianca asks their friend.

"I'm saying that Kyle might be on the machine for the rest of his life." Nate explains to them all.

Phoebe just listens as she tries to take in everything, then says: "So your telling us that for the rest of his life, Kyle is going to be stuck in a hospital bed hooked up to a machine."

Nate just looks at her: "I said he might be, Phoebe. It all depends on how long it takes to find him a kidney. Now Brax can you come and signs some forms please."

"Sure." Brax replies.

With that the pair leave the room to give the others time to get over the shock of the news that they had just been told.

• 1 month later...

Hello, the author here just wanted to say thank you continuing to read both of my fanfics. I am also sorry not updating this story sooner but I have been revising for my winter exams that will be over with by the end of this week, so I will be updating more in the following weeks. Anyway here's the next chapter.

Kyle's Hospital Room

Phoebe was stood in the doorway to Kyle's hospital room, watching him while he slept. Kyle starts to move and turns his head towards the doorway when he spots Phoebe.

"Hey!" he says to her.

Phoebe just stands there and replies: "Hey back!"

"You can come in you know."

Slowly Phoebe enters the room: "I'm sorry!"

"I know you are."

"Well I'm serious, I am sorry. I just had no other choice but to tell them."

Kyle just looks at Phoebe and grabs her hand: "Pheebs, I understand and I now know why you told them."

"You do?"

"Yeah I do and in away I'm thankful that you did."

"Why?"

"Well Pheebs you had the courage to tell my brothers something I could never." Kyle explains to her.

As soon as Kyle had said that, Phoebe starts to cry.

"What you crying for?" He asks.

"I thought I had lost you." Phoebe answers.

Kyle looks at her: "Phoebe Nicholson, you will never lose me."

With that the two teens kiss each other, unaware of the audience stood outside the door.

Outside Kyle's Hospital Room

Everyone had seen Phoebe enter the room and though that to be safe it would be best to stand outside the room and leave the two teens to talk about everything that had happened.

Ricky turns away from the door and says as she sees Brax approach: "Well something tells me they've made up!"

"How'd you figure that?" Brax asks her and the others look at her.

"Well take a look for yourself, if you don't believe me?" Ricky says as she points to the room.

"Maybe we should leave and come back later?" Callie states thinking it would be a good idea to leave Kyle and Phoebe alone for awhile.

Ricky replies with: "That's not a bad idea. Can we buy you all dinner?"

The Taylors agree as long as it's Angelos as they heard so much about the place.

As they all go to leave Brax stays where he is: "I'm going to stay here and I need to explain to Kyle, what's going to happen?"

Kyle's Hospital Room

Once the others had left, Brax turns and enters the hospital room.

"Sorry for interrupting." Brax says to the teens.

"You do pick your moments Brax." Phoebe says as she looks at him causing Kyle to start laughing.

"Well unfortunately Pheebs I do need to talk to Kyle."

"That's ok Brax, I'll just go and then come back later." Phoebe tells him as she gets up off the bed.

Kyle grabs her hands and says: "You can stay. What is it you need to tell me Brax?"

With that Brax proceeds to explain to Kyle everything that Nate had just told them all.

1 hour and 30 minutes later…

Angelos

"I can't believe we are actually in Angelos!" Callie states with excitement "Kyle has told us so much about this place."

Just then Tamara walks over to the table.

"And he was right about how quick you get served as well." Callie adds until the waitress gives Casey a kiss.

"Callie, Mr and Mrs Taylor this my girlfriend Tamara." Casey informs them.

Tamara looks at Casey and whispers: "These are Kyle's foster family I take it."

"Correct." Casey whispers back.

"Hi, its lovely to meet you." The young teen says politely "What can I get you all, while I'm here?"

They give Tamara their order and she leaves to sort it out. The group continue their conversation.

Kyle's Hospital Room

Kyle starts to process everything that happened over the past week, when he is interrupted by Brax.

"Did you understand all that mate?" Brax asks his brother.

Kyle just looks at Brax then shouts: "What's there to understand Brax? I'm going to be attached to a machine for the rest of my life!"

Just as Kyle finished shouting Nate walks in and from the look on Kyle's face and the way he was shouting he already know what's going to happen now.

"I take it Brax has told you then Kyle?" Nate asks.

"Yeah he told me, how I'm going to be stuck on a machine for the rest of my LIFE!" Kyle shouts again.

Nate looks at Kyle and says to him calmly: "As I explained to your brother you might. It all depends on when a kidney that matches your blood type comes available as the list for kidney transplants is massive Kyle."

Kyle doesn't say anything once Nate had finished speaking.

"Look Kyle I know you're probably going to ignore what I told you but there is every chance you will get a kidney at some point in your life." Nate says to the teen "Anyway we are going to get you set up on the dialysis machine now Kyle."

"Great!" Kyle exclaims as Hannah enters the room with all the equipment.

35 minutes later…

Kyle was now attached to the machine and Nate had just finished explaining some of the things the machine will help his body to do.

"So do you understand Kyle?" Nate says to his patient.

"Yes." Kyle replies.

"Good I will come back later and see how your getting on." Nate says as he goes to leave the room.

Brax and Phoebe both thank Nate as he leaves the room. They then turn back to Kyle who is currently glaring at the machine.

"It won't be forever Kyle." Brax reminds his younger brother.

"Brax you heard Nate, I'm probably going to be on this stupid thing forever." Kyle says to his brother.

Phoebe then jumps into the conversation with: "You never know a kidney might come along at anytime?"

Kyle just replies with a nod of his head and then turns to Brax: "Can you turn the lights off as I'm tired and can't sleep with them on?"

"Sure." Brax answers as he stands up turns the lights and then sits back down.

10 minutes later…

Once Kyle had closed his eyes and finally fell asleep, Phoebe turns to Brax and whispers: "Do you think he will ever get a kidney?"

Brax replies: "I don't know Pheebs but I hope he does."

Angelos

While Kyle was being put on the dialysis machine everyone else was laughing and carrying on.

"Please tell me you have photos of that?" Casey laughs as he asks Louise.

Louise then says: "Actually I think I do somewhere but I'm sure I can find them and bring them next time we come for a visit."

William who was listening to the conversation then turned to Heath and asks: "So Heath, what did you think Kyle when you first met him?"

"Well to be honest when I first met Kyle, I though he was a bit odd and definitely no like me or my two other brothers." Heath tells him.

"Does that have anything to do with how smart he is?"

"How did you guess? Sometimes Kyle just comes out with these words that I don't understand."

William looks at Heath and laughs.

"What?" Heath quizzes.

Reassuring Heath, William states: "Kyle did that with us all the time as he was growing up."

2 Hours Later…

Kyle's Hospital Room

Kyle was fast asleep and had been for a couple hours which gave Phoebe time to call Roo and then go get herself and Brax a cup of coffee each. As she handed Brax his cup a strange noise came from the bed where Kyle was.

Quickly, Brax stood up and walked over to the other side of the bed, the noise was definitely coming from Kyle and to Brax it sounded like he was wheezing. The closer Brax got to his brother he noticed the sweat that was gleaming on Kyle's forehead.

The wheezing noise started to get louder to the point in which Kyle woke up to see his brother and girlfriend staring at him.

"Wh what a ar are you loo looking at?" Kyle asks them.

"Kyle, are you feeling ok?" Brax said worriedly.

"Yea yeah I I'm fine Br Brax." Kyle answers.

Phoebe puts her cup down and goes to place her hand on Kyle's head but before she can fully place her hand on his head she feels the heat radiating off Kyle' skin: "Kyle, your burning up!"

"N no I'm not!" Kyle protest trying to push her hand away then his brother's.

"I think you are babe!" Phoebe states.

Before Kyle has a chance to reply to her, he puts his hand on his chest and starts struggling to breathe.

"Kyle, what's wrong?" Brax asks his baby brother.

"I I can can't bre breathe." Kyle tells them.

"That's it I'm getting Nate!" Brax says as he quickly runs out the room leaving Phoebe alone with Kyle.

Hospital – Nurses Station

As Brax exits the room he notices Nate at the Nurses station and runs over.

Nate who was in the middle of doing paper work, looks up and see Brax: "Everything ok Brax?"

"No, there's something wrong with Kyle other than the fact his kidneys don't work properly." Brax tells him.

Before Nate had a chance to reply they both hear a loud beeping noise coming from Kyle's room and Phoebe screaming for help.

The two of them look at each and then run towards the room.

Kyle's Hospital Room

As they both enter the room they see Kyle struggling to breathe on the bed and Phoebe still screaming for help.

"HELP!" Phoebe continues to scream.

Nate goes over to the bed and instantly sees that Kyle is starting to turn blue just as Hannah appears from no where.

"What happened?" Hannah asks.

Nate, who is placing an oxygen mask on Kyle's face says: "It looks like anaphylaxis! Kill the blood flow immediately!"

Hannah touches some buttons on the dialysis machine and stops the blood flow.

Brax who was stood trying to calm Phoebe down looks at Nate then his brother to see what is happening.

Nate spots the pair in the corner of his eye and shouts: "Brax, get her out of here now!"

Braxton House – Garden

While Nate was ordering Brax to get Phoebe out of the hospital room, everyone else was sat in the garden at the house after returning an hour ago.

Ricky was in the middle of playing with Harley when her phone rang.

"Hey Brax!" She says, but doesn't have a chance to say anything else as Brax tells her what is happening with Kyle.

As soon as he had finished she hangs up, puts her phone back in her pocket and gives Harley to Heath.

Heath looks at her: "What did Brax want?"

Ricky whisper to Heath: "Something's wrong with Kyle, so I need to go because Phoebe is hysterical apparently but don't tell them anything until I call you later."

Heath nods his head in answer to what she had told him.

"I'm sorry guys but I need to head back to the restaurant. That was Brax on the phone apparently one of the staff called him about a problem but he wants to stay with Kyle instead of going to check on something that is probably nothing major so he has asked me to go." Ricky explains then leaves before the others get a chance to ask her anything about it.

45 Minutes Later…

Hospital – The Waiting Room

Ricky come running through the door of the waiting room to find Brax trying to comfort Phoebe.

"How is he?" She asks.

Brax tells her: "We don't know yet."

Just then Hannah appears beside Ricky: "You can go and see Kyle now. We have moved him to the ICU so if you follow the corridor round you should find it. I would show you myself but I have to and check on another patient sorry."

"Thanks Hannah!" Ricky and Brax say to her with worried looks on their faces.

Brax tells Phoebe they can see Kyle now. She stands up and the three of them make their way from the waiting room to the ICU.

Hospital - ICU

The three worried people entered the room and pleased to see that Kyle is back to his normal colour and no longer blue.

"How you feeling?" Brax asks him.

Replying, Kyle tells them: "I still feel terrible but at least I can breathe now, so that's good."

Nate comes through the door with Kyle's chart: "Sorry to interrupt but unfortunately I don't have good news. One of Kyle's kidneys is no longer working and the other is functioning at only 7%."

"So what do we do now?" Ricky quizzes.

"Well the only option now is for Kyle to have a kidney transplant." Nate says with a sad look on his face.

They all look at each other and Ricky says: "We better call the others!"

Braxton House – Garden

Everyone was still sat in the garden talking when Heath gets a phone call from Ricky, who explains that Kyle needs a transplant as one of his kidney isn't working and the other one isn't to far behind.

"Ok, we will be there soon!" Heath says then hangs up the phone.

"What is it?" Louise asks as Heath puts his phone in his pocket.

"We need to go to the hospital as something is wrong with Kyle!"

"Like what?" Louise asks again and Heath say he will tell them in the car.

Bianca tells Heath that they should all head to the hospital and she will look after the kids but they need to keep her updated on what is happening.

38 Minutes Later…

Hospital - ICU

"Kyle, it's going to be ok?" Phoebe tell here boyfriend.

"How is this going to be ok? You heard Nate earlier they might not find me a kidney!" Kyle says as a tear escapes from his eye.

Nate who is checking the chart says: "We will find you a kidney Kyle, I promise even if it's the last thing I do."

Suddenly the doors the ICU are thrown open and Louise comes rushing over to Kyle and pulls him into a hug.

"Mam I can't breathe!" Kyle tells her.

"Oh! I'm so sorry my poor baby, are you ok?" Louise asks as he lets go of him "Heath told us what happened but I just want you to know that me, your father and Callie are all going to get tested to see if we are a match."

As soon as she said that, Brax spoke up: "And so will we!"

"No you won't!" Kyle says "I don't want any of you to do that!"

Casey walks over to his brother: "Kyle, we want to."

"I don't care as I'd rather wait and get lucky on the transplant list as I don't want to put the people I care about in danger!" Kyle explains.

"We won't be and whether you like it or not Kyle we are all doing the test. SO if it shows that one of us is a match you will shut up and accept it!" Ricky tells him.

Kyle didn't reply to Ricky as after that he was speechless, instead he just nodded his head. Everyone else in the room started to laugh as this was unusual for them as they weren't used to seeing Kyle speechless.

• 1 month later...

Hello, author here just wanted to apologise for how long it’s taken for me to update this story as I’ve been busy with going back to uni after Christmas, planning out the final chapters of this fanfic, sorting out the ideas (if you want to send me more then please do) for the Kyle Braxton: One Shot Series fanfic and also I have started writing out the first couple of chapters of my new fanfic which will start getting published once this one is finished. Anyway here’s the next chapter.

Chapter 95

4 Hours Later…

Hospital – ICU

Everyone had gone home leaving Phoebe alone in the room with Kyle as she didn’t want to leave him after everything that had happened.

“Are you okay?” Phoebe asks her boyfriend.

Kyle looks at her: “No, I’m not ok. I don’t understand why everything has to happen to me.”

“Kyle you need to stay positive, as things will start to get better as soon as you get a new kidney.”

“Yeah I know I do but it’s a little hard when everything that can go wrong does go wrong. I just wish it would happen to someone else for a change.” Kyle replies as a tear falls from his eye.

Noticing the tear falling down his face, Phoebe reminds him: “No matter what happens Kyle, I will always be here for you through everything. No Matter how big or small, I will be here!”

“Thank you!” Kyle says to her.

7 hours later…

Braxton House – The Flat

The flat is pitch black and Brax is sat on the sofa thinking to himself when he suddenly feels a hand touch his shoulder.

“What you doing up?” Ricky asks, as she move round the sofa.

Brax answers her: “I couldn’t sleep as I could think about was Kyle, every time I closed my eyes.”

“Kyle is strong Brax and besides he’s going to get a kidney. So you need to stop worrying so much.”

“I know the kid is strong especially after everything he’s been through but lately he just seems so down.”

“Well we can help that.”

“How?”

“Why don’t we take his laptop and some dvds to the hospital, that way he has something to keep his mind off what’s going on and to keep him from boredom?” Ricky suggests to Brax.

“Why not? It might cheer him up a bit. Plus, we can see if he got the test results back yet?” Brax replies. 

With that they both head back to bed to try and get some sleep. 

Next Morning… 

Braxton House – The Living Room

Brax was currently walking between the living room and Kyle’s bedroom.

“What’s Brax doing?” Tamara asks as she sits down at the table.

Looking round to see what Tamara was going about, Casey explains: “Well Ricky had an idea to try and keep Kyle’s spirt up.”

“What was the idea?”

“They are going to take his laptop and some dvds to the hospital for him to watch.”

Watching Brax return with some dvds and placing them in the bag, Tamara says loudly: “Well if that’s the case Brax, why don’t you take some of the holiday homework we had been given that way he can get some of it out of the way and also he will be able go to happy place.”

“Happy place?!” They all ask.

“Yeah, you know his nerd place.”

Walking into the room, Bianca says: “Tamara, will you please stop calling Kyle a nerd?”

“Ok I will stop calling him that.” Tamara says, then turns to Casey. “Let’s hit the beach then if we have nothing else to do.”

With that Casey and Tamara grabs their stuff and leave the house to go spend some at the beach before Casey has to go to work, while Brax runs back to Kyle’s bedroom to grab the homework he hadn’t finished yet.

32 minutes later…

Diner

Ricky walks into the Diner and over to the counter, where she is greeted by Roo.

“Hi Ricky, what can I get you?” She asks.

Ricky replies: “Hi Roo, please can I have: two lattes, one strawberry and one chocolate milkshake also one bacon sandwich to go.”

“Let me guess, is the sandwich for Phoebe?”

“How did you know?”

“Well she didn’t come home last night so I assumed she stayed at the hospital with Kyle. How’s he doing by the way?”

“Oh right.” Ricky laughed “Not to good but hopefully me and Brax can cheer him up when we take his laptop and stuff in.”

“The poor kid!” Roo says, as she goes about making Ricky’s order. “Anyway I’m going up to the hospital later to drop Phoebe’s bag off for her so she can get changed and stuff.”

“If you want I can take the bag up to the hospital now for you?”

“Really? That would be great thank you, as Leah won’t be in today as VJ is sick. Also here’s your order.”

“That’s no problem and poor VJ. How much is all this?”

“It’s on the house and I have also put some of Kyle’s favourite muffins in the bag too.” Roo tells her.

“Aww thank you Roo, he will love them.” Ricky says as she takes the bag off the counter and grabs Phoebe’s stuff then heads out to the Ute.

1 hour and 45 minutes later…

Hospital – Kyle’s room in the ICU

“That feels so much better.” Phoebe says as she renters the room after getting changed and having a shower in the Nurse’s locker room, which Hannah had offered for her to use.

“You know what is even better, Pheebs?” Kyle says to his girlfriend.

“What?”

“These muffins from the Diner!” Kyle replies as he shoves some of the chocolate chip muffin into his mouth.

Ricky watches as Kyle shoves the muffin in his mouth and says: “You have Roo to thank for the muffins as she put them in the bag.”

“I will next time I see her.”

“You can also thank us too.” Brax says to his baby brother.

“Why?”

“Because me and Ricky have brought you some stuff to make you feel better.” Brax tells him as he pulls out the laptop, dvds and his homework.

“HOMEWORK?!” Phoebe asks shocked.

Kyle turns to his girlfriend: “What’s wrong with homework?”

“Nothing is wrong with homework; I’m just surprised you hadn’t done it all the day we broke up for the holidays.” Phoebe says causing them to laugh.

Hospital – Nate’s Office

While they were all discussing the fact that Kyle hadn’t done all the homework the day they got it. Nate was just getting off the phone with the lab, who had the test results to help find a match for Kyle.

Smiling to himself, Nate stands up and quickly exits his office and heads off in the direction of his patient’s room.

8 minutes later…

Hospital – Kyle’s ICU room

While Kyle was just about to put a film on the laptop for them all to watch, Nate rushes in.

“Slow down Nate, otherwise you will end up in a hospital bed too.” Ricky says to her ex-boyfriend.

“Sorry, but I have some great news for you Kyle.” Nate tells them.

“What is it?” They all ask at the same time.

Nate says: “We have found a match and it’s within the family.”

“Who is it?” Brax asks him.

“It’s you Brax.” Nate says loudly with a smile on his face.

“Really?” They all say not sure they heard him correctly.

“Yeah really and if everything goes to plan then we could possibly do the transplant tomorrow.” Nate explains.

Brax who is happy says: “I would do it straightaway if I could but I guess tomorrow will have to do!”

26 minutes later…

The Surf Club – Gym

Heath who had been at the Gym helping Casey, had just got off the phone with Brax and walked into the office to tell Casey the good news.

“They found a match!” Heath shouts.

10 minutes later…

Hotel – The Taylor’s Room

“Thank you for letting us know Ricky. We will be there tomorrow when Kyle goes in.” Louise says as she hangs up the phone.

“What is it?” William and Callie ask.

“They found a match for Kyle!”

5 Hours and 12 minutes later…

Hospital – Kyle’s ICU room

“Come on Phoebe! The sooner we leave the sooner we can come back tomorrow.” Ricky says to the young girl.

“Do I have too?” She asks.

Kyle then pipes up: “Yes, you do have to go home because Roo will want to see you at some point. Beside I will still be here in the morning.”

In the end, Phoebe caves and stands up. She then plants a kiss on Kyle’s forehead and leaves with Brax and Ricky promising to be back in the morning.

Kyle is now left alone to think about how time tomorrow he is going to have a new kidney and then this whole thing will be over. No more having to watch everything he eats or does. Plus, he will no longer have to try and hide his problem from his family and friends.

Chapter 96

Next Morning….

Hospital – Brax and Kyle's room

Brax was currently sat on the bed beside his younger brother with Ricky going through all the tests to make sure everything was still ok for him to give Kyle one of his kidneys.

"I can't believe I'm going to get a new fully working kidney today!" Kyle says with a smile on his face.

"Just as long as you look after it as I won't have a spare one to give you" Brax says causing everyone to laugh, just as Nate enters the room.

Nate stands in between both beds and says: "It's time to go guys."

With that, both Brax and Kyle were wheeled out of the room as they head to the operating theatres.

Nate stays behind once they had been wheeled away, to let everyone know that the operations are probably going to take awhile if they all want to leave the hospital for a bit and come back later.

"We are staying!" They all say at once.

3 hours later…

Hospital – Waiting Room

Everyone was gathered in the waiting room spread out waiting for any piece news they could get.

Roo had joined the group halfway through the second hour with food and drinks from the Diner for them all. She was also there to see how Phoebe was doing.

"I'm fine Roo, honestly. I will be even better when Kyle is out of surgery." Phoebe tells her.

Roo looks at Phoebe: "I'm so proud of you!"

"Why?"

"Not many people who were in your position, would have be able to go through everything that you have with Kyle and still not tell anyone until they had no other choice."

"I thought you were angry with me because of that?" Phoebe asks confused.

"I was but in the end I saw you only did what you did because you care about Kyle." Roo tells her, as she pulls Phoebe into a hug.

They then go back to sitting in silence.

Bianca and Heath are sat on the other side of the room trying to keep Ricky's mind off the risks that could happen during the surgery.

"So Ricky, we were thinking of staying a bit longer that way Connie could spend more time with Darcy and you can spend more time with Harley." Bianca tells her friend.

Heath butts in with: "And I can go surfing, as I can't really do much of that in the city!"

Ricky laughs at what Heath had said, then says: "That would be nice to have the four of you staying longer and will you have time to go surfing?"

"Yeah why wouldn't I?"

"Well Brax might decide he needs your help at the restaurant." Ricky suggests to Heath.

"Trust me Ricky, that will never happen as that is what Kyle is for!" Heath tells her.

Bianca then reminds him: "Kyle will not be doing anything for awhile until he is 100% healed."

With that the three of them continue to talk about the plan for them to stay in the Bay longer.

Suddenly a phone rings, William gets up and leaves the room to answer his phone.

Callie watches as her dad walks out the room then turns to her mum: "What do you want to bet that it's his boss saying he needs to get back to work?"

Louise tells her daughter that it is probably just her father's parents ringing to seeing how Kyle was doing. William then walks back into the room and makes his way back to where he had been sitting.

"That was work, my boss just told me that he hopes everything goes okay with Kyle and that I can take as much time off as I need too." William informs them.

Callie speaks: "See! I knew it would be his boss!"

"Yes but were wrong about why his boss was calling!" Louise reminds her.

Casey and Tamara were sat in the corner of the room at the table with their backs to everyone so they wouldn't be distracted while trying to do their holiday homework.

"So tell me again, why I'm doing this?" Casey asks his girlfriend.

Tamara reminds him: "Well we don't have long left to finish it considering we return to school in a couple of weeks. Plus, it's give both of us something else to focus on while Brax and Kyle are in surgery."

With that the continue with their homework, working through the practise history exam questions they had been given.

37 minutes later…

Everyone was still sitting in the waiting room, when Nate enters with a smile on his face.

"How are they?" Ricky asks as soon as she sees Nate.

"Both of their surgeries went well and they are now in recovery. So as soon as they out I will send Hannah in to come and get you once I've checked them over. Only problem is there can only be two of you in the room at any given time until we have moved them from the ICU to a normal hospital room. Now I will leave you to discuss amongst yourselves who will going in first." Nate says as he leaves the room again to check on Brax and Kyle.

1 hour and 9 minutes later…

Hospital – Brax and Kyle's ICU room

It had been decided that Ricky and Phoebe should go first and every else can take turns later, that way there wouldn't be any arguments.

Ricky was sat talking to Brax who had woken up not longer after the girls had entered the room.

"Did Nate not tell you how long it would be till he wakes up?" Brax asks Ricky.

"No he didn't, all he was it might take Kyle longer to wake up then you as his surgery took longer what with having to take both of his kidneys out and replacing them with yours." Ricky replies.

While they were talking amongst themselves, Phoebe was sat holding her boyfriend's hand when she suddenly felt her hand being squeezed.

"Kyle?" She says, which catches both Brax and Ricky's attention.

"What is it Pheebs?" They both ask.

"He just squeezed my hand!" Phoebe explains.

Ricky gets up from where she had been siting on Brax's bed and walks over to Kyle just in time to see him open his eyes.

"Hey, welcome back to the land of the living!" She says to him.

Kyle's hand instantly goes to remove the oxygen mask off his face: "H how di did it go?"

Phoebe lets him know that Nate said the surgery went as good as can be expected and before he has a chance to ask she also tells him that Brax is fine too.

"Hey mate!" Brax shouts across the room so Kyle knew he was there.

Walking towards the door, Ricky tells them: "I'll go find Nate and let him know Kyle is awake."

Once Ricky had left the room, Phoebe goes back to talking to Kyle but stops when she notices him starting to drift off back to sleep due to the anaesthetic still wearing off.

10 minutes later…

Nate finishes checking Kyle over and tells them that he is doing fine and that the fact he went back to sleep so quickly after waking up is not something to be concerned with as it is to be expected with any surgery.

"How long will we be in the hospital then, Nate?" Brax asks the doctor.

"Now your starting to sound like Kyle!" Nate laughs then says "If everything stays on track then I will have you both moved to a more private room out of the ICU that way everyone can come in and see you both. Then in about 5 days I will check to see how your doing Brax and if I think your ok, I will discharge you but I want to keep Kyle for another week after I discharge you to be safe, then and only then if I think he is fit enough to leave I will discharge him too.:

They all look at each and Phoebe says: "Great!"

Nate knowing full well that what Phoebe said was a reference to how fun its going to be once Kyle fully wakes up and finds out how long he will still be in hospital for as he will not be happy.

6 Hours later…

Hospital – Brax and Kyle's Private room

Both brothers, were now settled into a private room surrounded by their loved ones.

"Can we just say again Brax, thank you so much for doing this!" Louise and William both say to the oldest Braxton brother.

"That's ok and seriously you can stop with the thank yous now as that's like the 500th time you have said it." Brax tells them.

Casey pipes up with: "I'm just glad that you are both okay."

Everyone agrees with that statement just as Hannah enters the room to tell them that it's time for them all to go home as visiting hours are over.

35 minutes later…

Once everyone had left, Kyle turns to his brother: "Thank you Brax!"

"It's no problem and I've been wanting to ask you something since your birthday but never really had the chance till now." Brax says to him.

"What?"

"Well, once your back to full fitness, I would like you to become the manager of the restaurant as I still can't fin anyone right for the job and you know the place like the back of your had. Plus, you have pretty much being doing the job since Brad left anyway."

"Really?"

"Yes really, so what do you say baby brother?" Brax asks.

Kyle is silent for a couple of seconds, then speaks: "Yes, I will make sure that I run the place properly."

With that the two brothers stop talking and go to sleep as the day had been long one.

Hello, the author here just wanted to say thank you for all the lovely comments throughout this fanfic. Also for staying with me, over the different chapters. I will be updating the One-Shot Series fanfic after this while I continue to write and plan my next fanfic.

So, here it is the final chapter to The Camping Trip!

Chapter 97

5 days later….

Hospital – Brax and Kyle’s Hospital Room

It was 1pm on Thursday afternoon, and Nate was currently checking Brax over.

“Well Brax, you seem to be healing nicely and I see no reason why I should keep you in any longer.” Nate tells his patient “So I’m going to write up the discharge papers but even though I letting you go home; I still want to keep Kyle in for another week to be safe.”

Listening to want Nate had just Brax nods his head while Kyle just sighs loudly which results in Phoebe slapping him.

“What was that for?!” Kyle asks her.

Looking at him with a smile on her face: “Well its obviously over the fact you just sighed really loudly when Nate said he wanted to keep you in for another week.”

Kyle looks at her curiously: “Is that the real reason you slapped me?”

“No!” Phoebe says “If I’m being totally honest, I’ve been wanting to slap you for awhile after everything you have put me through over the last couple of weeks and well now just seemed like the right time!”

Everyone started laughing at that just as Kyle started to go bright red in the face.

1 Hour and 58 minutes later…

Brax had signed the discharge papers not long after Nate said he could go home, with Ricky promising the doctor she would look after Brax. Once they had signed the papers, they told Kyle they would be back tomorrow. This had then left Kyle and Phoebe alone to enjoy time together even though he was still in a hospital bed.

The two teens were currently halfway through the new Baywatch movie, when they were interrupted.

“What’s gone on in here then?!” Matt shouted as he entered the room.

“Matthew, we are in a hospital!” Sasha reminds her boyfriend.

“So?”

“Stop shouting!” Sasha tells him.

“Ok you two, we are not here to argue instead we are here to visit our friend.” Belle reminds the young couple.

Matt turns to his girlfriend: “Belle’s right! I’m sorry for shouting in a hospital.”

As soon as the words had left Matt’s mouth, both Phoebe and Kyle look at each with a look of confusion.

“Phoebe, I think I need you to pinch me.” Kyle says.

“Why?” Phoebe quizzes.

“As I think I am still on the operating table and I’m dreaming because Matt just apologised for something.” Kyle replies.

Phoebe nods her head in agreement: “Well, I think you need to pinch me too as I also think I’m dreaming!”

Matt looks at his two friends then says: “Haha very funny you two.”

With that the rest of Kyle’s friends enter the the room and they all start talking about anything other than how Kyle is doing, like catching him up on the gossip around the Bay and the footie score.

This continued for three hours until Kyle fell asleep and everyone thought it would be best to leave so he could sleep.

Same time as the teens visiting Kyle…

Braxton house – Living Room

As soon as Brax had got home from the hospital the first thing he did was place his self on the sofa in front of the TV, put his feet up on the coffee table then put the footie on. While he did this Ricky went about cleaning the house and putting Brax’s things away in the flat.

37 minutes later…

Heath had just returned home with Harley after dropping Bianca, Darcy and April off in Yabbie Creek to see a film. He said hello to Brax then went straight to the spare room and put Harley in the travel cot then went back to join Brax on the sofa.

Walking out of the kitchen, Ricky says: “Heath, now that you are here don’t suppose you can make sure Brax doesn’t do anything to pull his stitches, as I have to go meet a client who wants me to take her wedding photos?”

“Yeah don’t worry Ricky, I can look after the big fella, while you go to your meeting.” Heath tells her.

Ricky grabs her stuff, gives Brax a kiss goodbye then thanks Heath as she runs out the door.

Heath watches as she leaves then turns to Brax: “So, now what we going to do about dinner?”

Brax just looks at his brother and laughs.

1 week later…

Hospital – Kyle’s room

“So, can I leave?” Kyle asks Nate as he walks back into the room with Kyle’s latest test results.

“Yes, you can leave Kyle.” Nate tells his young patient then turns to his family “He seems to doing really well and I think it would be best to discharge him now, if not for him but for the nurse who he keeps annoying.”

Everyone laughs as Nate mentions the nurses.

“However I still want Kyle to come back every two weeks for a check up and to make sure the anti-rejection medication is working properly.”

Louise says: “That’s understandable.”

Kyle then asks Nate: “What about school? I can’t miss the first week back.”  

“Will you be careful and will there always be someone with you?”

“YES!” Kyle says loudly and quickly.

“Then fine you can go back to school with everyone next week because heaven forbid if I make you miss the first week of school, but on the condition you are careful.” Nate tells him “Brax, I need you to come with me to go sign the discharge papers.”

With that everyone leaves the room to allow Kyle to get changed so they can take him home.

50 minutes later…

Braxton House – Driveway

After signing all the discharge papers and Hannah going over the medication with Kyle one last time, they all left the hospital and were now getting out of the car that was parked in the Braxton driveway.

“Fresh air smells so good!” Kyle states which causes Brax, Ricky, Louise and William to laugh at him “Hey, it’s not funny! I’ve been stuck inside a hospital for weeks, so being outside again is great.”

“We weren’t going to say anything son.” William laughs.

With that they all enter the house.

Placing his bag down on the sofa, Kyle looks around the main rooms of the house.

“Where is everyone?” Kyle asks “I thought they would all be here to welcome me home instead of out surfing or working.”

“Maybe they are in the garden or something.” Ricky suggests to the young teen “Why don’t you go check while we put your stuff away and put the kettle on?”

“Ok!” Kyle replies then heads out to the garden to see if they are outside.

Braxton House – Garden

As he enters the garden, Kyle is shocked when people jump out from where they had been hiding and shout: “WELCOME HOME!" 

Phoebe walks over to her boyfriend and gives him a kiss: “I’m so happy your home!”

“So am I and I can’t believe everyone is here to welcome me home.” Kyle says

Aden walks over with a can of coke and hands it to Kyle: “Believe it mate!”

With that everyone spends the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening celebrating Kyle being home and getting better.

Comments

Archived