The Camping Trip

AtlantaG1912

Just so you know this chapter is set during the last chapter! Also thank you for the lovely comments!

Chapter 21

Somewhere in the bushes surrounding the lake…

"Back again. Why do I insist in putting myself these situations just to earn money?" Ray asked himself making sure no one could hear him.

Why do they insist on constantly being joined at the face? It's disgusting! I mean no one wants to watch that all the time and it's in a public place so anyone can see them snogging each other's face off. There again saying that this place isn't that public considering it's in the middle of no where and they don't really no that I'm here so to them it's like they are completely alone.

Ray was broken from his thought by the scream of a girl coming from the lake, saying to himself quietly "Was that the brat or the girl?"

It was the girl! Thank God for a second there I thought the brat had screamed like a girl. I wonder why she was screaming? Oh I can see now; he's just splashed her with water. Oh well guess she didn't like him doing that, I don't know why from what I've seen of the two of them, they look so loved up and happy. Shame the happiness isn't going to last long for either them but mostly her considering he will be dead and she probably be inconsolable. 

Ray sat for a bit longer and started to talk to himself again "I wonder how the boss will kill the kid? I hope it's quick so the kid doesn't suffer. I mean don't get me wrong from what I've been told he deserves to die but I'd rather he wasn't in pain when they did."

Ray you really need to stop talking to yourself if someone sees you they might think you've escaped from a mental asylum or whatever they call them nowadays. I really do hope the boss does what I just said and I really hope he doesn't kill Kyle in front of his friends or that girl he's with as that would just be plain cruel and yes I know what he's planning to do is cruel anyway but that's not the point.

Feeling the ache in his leg, Ray felt like that was a good time to get up and move a bit closer to lake but still staying hidden by the bushes. Not watching where he was walking Ray suddenly stopped as soon as he heard the twig snap beneath his feet.

Ray could hear from where he was stood the girl say to Kyle that she heard something like a twig being snapped in half. Ray though he would retreat back to his hiding spot only for more twigs to keep snapping below his feet. He stopped and held his breath thinking to himself this time he is going to get caught, then he heard voices shouting to the teens in lake that they should head back to camp.

10 minutes later…

"Thank God! I thought for sure that I would be caught this time. I guess I'm lucky that those two girls showed up when they did, let's hope the the girl thinks it was them and nothing else." Ray said to himself after letting out a big sigh of relieve, once he was sure they'd all gone.

I think for now I will just stay hidden and go back to my camp where it's safe and I can't be found by those teens. Maybe get some sleep as well? That's if boss doesn't decide to call me again asking for another update and to say he's going to be even longer getting here.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 22

Back at the campsite…

"We found them!" Evie and Sasha shouted as they approached the camp.

"Great! What took you guys so long?" Casey asked knowing what the answer would probably be.

Kyle spoke first "Well first we kissed a bit and then we…"

"STOP! STOP!" The group of teens shouted as they looked at Kyle and Phoebe with a look of disgust.

"Kyle is messing with you guys, we did not and I mean we did not do anything other than kiss. Okay?" Phoebe told them as she tried her hardest to stop laughing.

"Ugh that's not even like funny in anyway." Maddy said to one of closest friends.

"Aww come on Mads you got it to admit I had you all going for a minute there."

"Ok Kyle, you can have that one but next time think about what could happen if you joke about saying that ok because it's totally gross and no one wants to know about what you and Phoebe do when there is no one else around." Oscar explained to his friends who had given up trying not to laugh.

Suddenly there was a noise coming from the direction in which the four friends had just appeared from. Phoebe started to look around frantically which didn't go unnoticed by her friends.

"Phoebe, are you ok?" April asked her seeing how scared she looked.

"No! No, I am definitely not okay April." she shouted without looking away from where the noise came from.

"Pheebs I already told you there is no one else out there." Kyle reminded his girlfriend who was obviously still worried.

"Yeah I know you did Kyle but how can you be absolutely, one hundred percent that there's no one else out there? After all the National Park is huge so we can't be the only ones out here especially at this time of year when the schools all off." She shouted again still not turning her head.

"What is she on about?" Josh asked Kyle as he seemed to be the only one making any sense.

"Well when we were at the lake, Phoebe says she heard something like twigs being snapped in half as if someone was following us. However, it was only Sasha and Evie who you guys had sent to come looking for us." Kyle told them all about what happened at the lake.

"No it wasn't Sasha and Evie that I heard Kyle. What I heard came from the other side of the lake which is not the way them two came if I need to remind you."

"Not you as well!" exclaimed Matt who was getting fed up with people saying they felt like they were being followed.

"What do you mean Matt, by 'Not you as well'" Sasha asked her boyfriend with a look of confusion.

"Well done Matt we all agreed not to say anything as it might scare the girls." Aden said trying to not raise his voice.

"Yeah Matt well done. It's always you that always tells people stuff w say not to!" Xavier joined in on the conversation after appearing from the guys' tent.

"Well I don't mean to do it intentionally. It sorts of just comes out of my mouth before I have a chance to stop it." Matt told them trying to dig himself out of the hole his mouth had just made bigger after the slip up earlier about Kyle and the surfboard.

The girls starting to get impatient over the guys telling Matt off for being his usual self "HELLO!"

"WHAT!" The guys all shouted back at the girls.

"Will someone please tell us what Matt meant by 'Not you as well'"

"I will." Casey spoke up knowing it was better if it came from him considering it was him Matt was talking about.

"Well go one then Casey we haven't got all day." His girlfriend said angrily as she and the other girls tried to comfort Phoebe.

"It was when we were on our way back from the beach. We were walking along the path we used to get from here to the car park and I heard this noise like someone sneezing from behind some bushes and the others said they didn't hear anything and that it must be my imagination but I kept hearing it and then Oscar said he could hear it too…" Casey stopped speaking as he was interrupted by his brother.

"Case, Oscar was probably trying to make you feel better like we said earlier." Kyle said to him.

"Yes but if I remember rightly I told you lot I wasn't and that I did hear something. For God sake, I even pointed to a group of bushes behind us." Oscar reminded them.

"Can I continue now please? Good! Now as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, Oscar said he heard something to ad then he pointed to where he thought it was coming from and I told them that it was just adding to my gut feeling since a plant pot smashed at home." Casey continued, pausing to make sure everyone was still keeping up with what happened.

"Wait where does a plant pot getting smashed come into this situation?" Belle asked Casey.

"A plant pot that sat on the table outside of our place fell off the night last night and Casey thinks someone knocked it but we told him it was the wind." Kyle told her knowing that the plant pot was totally irrelevant to what they were on about.

"As I keep telling you Kyle, there was no wind last night! Anyway back to earlier after Kyle told me off then for banging on about the plant pot, Aden asked me what my gut feeling actually was and I told them all that I felt like we were being watched." Casey managed to finish without being interrupted for a second time.

Shooting up from where she had been sitting Phoebe said "See it's not just me that thinks we are being followed Casey thinks so too!"

"Guys we are not being followed or watched like I told you earlier Casey it was probably an animal looking for food or something so stop worrying about this please." Matt told his two friends who were obviously not going to believe him.

"It was too big to be an animal, Matt."

"Yeah and when have you every heard a wild animal sneeze like a human being does?"

"Everyone calm down! Thank you! I suggest that we should all go to sleep and try to forget about it because it's probably OUR imaginations going into over drive with us being in the middle of the bush." Sasha said to her friend as she felt like it might help them all to sleep on it and wake up in the morning knowing that there was nothing there and it was just them thinking there was.

"Fine let's go to bed." Casey said agreeing that it might help.

Phoebe walked toward the girls' tent still worried that maybe they weren't alone after all. Unbeknown to them, Ray's boss was going to be arriving soon and hell was almost certain to rain down on one of their friends in the worst way possible.

Chapter 23

Once Phoebe had walked off to the girl's tent the other girls (except Tamara) followed her. Noticing that Tamara hadn't followed Kyle suggested quietly to the guys that they should go to bed as well and leave Casey and Tamara to go whatever it is they had planned.

"So then there was two." Tamara said when everyone had finally disappeared leaving just her and Casey stood beside the campfire.

"Yep. I guess now we can have that talk you wanted to have earlier." Casey replied to his girlfriend.

"Yeah now is a good time as I don't know when me and you are going to get anymore alone time while we are out here. Shall we sit down?"

"Might as well and we can make the most of what's left of the fire before it completely burns out." Casey laughed.

"Totally." Tamara agreed knowing that the happiness Casey felt right now was about to disappear once she had finished talking to him.

"So what was it that you wanted to talk about? You said earlier it was important and its had me curious ever since."

"Well there's no easy way to see this Casey." Tamara said while trying not to cry.

"What's wrong?" Casey asked as he saw a tear escape from his girlfriend's eye.

"I think… I think we need to take a break."

"Take a Break?"

"Yeah."

"From what?" Casey asked curiously.

Realising he didn't understand what she was trying to say, Tamara explained "From us. And before you say why let me finish."

Casey continued staring at her "Well tell me then!"

"Okay calm down! I think we need to take a break because all we do these days is fight and I don't think its fair on either of us or our friends for that matter to continue going on the way we are."

"We don't always fight Tam! Ok, fair enough we have a fight every now and then but most couples do, it's called being in a relationship."

"Yeah I know most couples fight Case, but not the way we do! This relationship to quote Maddy and Phoebe "is starting to turn toxic." And I feel like maybe if we have a break from dating each other it might helps get back to the way we used to be. You know when we actually loved each and did stuff together that didn't involve shouting all the time."

"Turning Toxic! You actually agree with them that our relationship is turning toxic!"

"Yeah I do Casey!"

"Well I don't think it is!"

"Yes you do Casey, you just don't want to believe it!"

"Don't tell what I should think and believe!"

"I didn't I just simply said maybe that why you can't see what has going on between us lately!"

"This is because I didn't buy Kyle a birthday present isn't it?!"

"That's part of it Casey. You say your going to do one thing and then you do something completely different and frankly I'm starting to get sick of it!"

"I got Kyle a present and it was free! You know the ones that are usually the best kind of present."

"You only taught Kyle to surf for his birthday present because I told you better come up with something otherwise I'd tell Brax about his new surfboard!"

"No I did not!"

"Yes you did and don't try and deny it Casey!"

As the shouting got louder the other teens started to appear from there tents just in time to see Tamara run off in tears.

Chapter 24

Well that was entertaining perhaps the most entertainment I've had in months and it was much better than heading back to my own camp and doing nothing. To top it off the girl has run off! Maybe I should go after her? Better not they might see me. Ray thought to himself as he finished watching the show play out in front of him without them realising he was even there.

"What did you say to her?" Maddy asked Casey while trying to stay calm.

Seeing red Casey replied angrily "WHAT DID I SAY TO HER! You and Phoebe were two idiots who decided to tell her out relationship had started to turn toxic!"

"HEY!" Kyle and Oscar shouted at Casey.

"What?"

"DO NOT CALL OUR GIRLFRIENDS IDIOTS!" They replied at the same time.

"Well they are!"

"CASEY! SHUT UP NOW!"

"OR WHAT KYLE!"

"GUYS STOP!" the other teens shouted at the two brothers before Kyle had a chance to punch Casey.

Backing off Kyle walked over to his girlfriend while Casey stayed standing in the same place he had been when they all appeared and Tamara ran off.

"Where's Tamara?"

"What?" Belle asked Casey.

"I said where's Tamara?"

"Oh god! While we've all been stood here Tamara has gone off on her own in the darkness."

"We should go look for her guys. Its not safe for her to be out there on her own when we keep hearing strange noises." Phoebe spoke up.

"Don't start that again as I can't be bother for you and Casey to start worrying everyone about that again and getting all worked up over it." Matt replied as he couldn't bear to have another conversation on the topic.

"Okay I'll drop but seriously we need to go after her."

"Well not all of us need to go after her," Maddy said to her friend while glaring at Casey after what he just called her. "An apology would be good right about now Casey."

"Sorry girls I didn't mean it. Happy?" Casey said sarcastically.

"Not really."

"Alright let's not start another argument." April stepped in to make sure that nothing happened.

"Now some off us need to go and find her and the other's can stay here." Josh said trying to think off a plan.

"Agreed." The teens all said in unison.

It keeps getting better and better. They need to make these teens into reality stars as I would personally pay to watch this kind of gold on TV instead of the crap that is on the majority of the time. Ray said to himself again.

The teens decided that Kyle, Aden, Maddy, Belle and Oscar would go look for her and the others would stay at the camp.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Phoebe asked Kyle as he put on his favourite grey denim coat with the black jumper sleeves and hood.

"Yes I'll be fine. Just promise me you won't say anything else about Casey and Tamara's relationship while I'm going." Kyle replied as he picked up the flashlight and slid his phone into his pocket.

"Okay I promise, but just so you know what me and Maddy said to Tam was just what everyone else was thinking, you know?"

"Yeah I know but maybe next time don't say anything."

"Neither of us knew she was going to that to him though."

"Ok just don't say anything else though Pheebs. I mean it!"

"Ok Kyle. Now go and find my sister from another mister."

With that Kyle kissed his girlfriend and joined the other four on their way out of camp where they then decided that Aden and Belle would head towards the Activity Centre to make sure she had gone there to cry in the toilets. Maddy and Oscar would try the car park and the beach while Kyle would head off on his own in the direction of the lake. They all agreed the would meet back in thirty minutes if they hadn't found her. With that the teens split up and went their separate directions in hopes of finding their friend.

Oh this too good! The kid is on his own again maybe now's my chance to strike but I did promise I would do anything. I'm sick of this having to wait for the boss to tell me what I can and can't do!

Chapter 25

At the lake…

What have I done? I've just ruined everything with Casey. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything now especially the way the relationship had turned toxic. I wish I had the ability to turn back time and erase everything that just happened in that moment. No, actually I was right doing what I did Casey deserved to hear how I felt and I don't care if that made him upset and angry. Great now I'm second guessing myself!

Suddenly Tamara was pulled from her thoughts by someone shouting for her.

"TAMARA!"

"TAMARA! WHERE ARE YOU?"

The shouting started to get louder and louder to the point where she recognised the voice as the person it came from stood out from behind a bush.

"HEY! YOU CAN STOP SHOUTING NOW KYLE, I'M OVER HERE." Tamara shouted back to her friend.

Noticing the girl sat on the pier looking out the lake, Kyle walked over to her and asked "You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." She replied.

"Sure?"

"No I'm not sure at all too be honest with you."

"Wow honesty you definitely not ok."

"Haha. That's so not funny."

"Then why did you laugh?"

"I don't know." Tamara said while continuing to stare off into the distance.

Kyle could tell she was upset after all they all hear the whole conversation that went on between his and brother and Tamara. "You can talk to me you know. I know I'm not one of the girls but I'm a pretty good listener when I want to be."

"Thanks. I take it you all heard everything that was said?"

"Yeah we did. Sorry."

"That's okay, it's not like we were being quiet considering we pretty much spent the whole time shouting at one another."

"I'm sorry if I was the reason that you two started arguing this morning by the way."

"You heard that too?"

"Yeah kind of hard not to hear someone shouting down the phone."

"Sorry and it's not your fault, this whole thing has been building for weeks and weeks and it wasn't going to stop unless one of us did something."

"So are you guys really going on a break then?"

"I think it's best but obviously Casey doesn't agree with me." Tamara said as she turned to face Kyle.

Kyle noticed she was still crying and offered he his sleeve. "Here you can use my sleeve to dry your eyes, if you want?"

"Thanks Kyle but I am not going to use your sleeve I don't know where it has been."

"Good point."

She's sat here crying and is still able to make me laugh. How is that possible? Casey has really screwed up this time! I feel like this whole take a break thing is going to end up with the two of them breaking up completely. I can't stand to see anyone so upset because of something another person has done.

"Do you think I was right to do what I did?" Tamara asked Kyle breaking him from his thoughts.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"I said do you think I was right to do what I did?"

"In my personal opinion, yes you were right to tell Case you think that you both needed a break. Otherwise the relationship would just keep getting worse until it got to the point where no one would want to be around either of you."

"Gosh Kyle, tell it like it is why don't you."

"Well you asked and I answered can't tell me off for that can you?"

"True, I can't tell you off for it."

"So why did you run off the way you did as you had everyone worried about you?"

"I couldn't stand being around your brother after what had just happened and I couldn't bear to see you all looking at us."

"Well promise me you won't do that again."

"I'm sorry and I promise I won't." Tamara agreed.

With that the two of them stopped talking and looked out at the lake in silence.

10 minutes later…

Kyle broke the silence with "I ran away once you know."

Replying to her friend Tamara turned to face him curious as to why "What did you run away for?"

"It's a long story which is for another time as we ought to get back to camp, because I agreed to meet the other four who went looking for you, fifteen minutes ago."

"Aww come on Kyle you can't say that and not tell me why you ran off. Surely they can wait or you could text them to let them know you've found me and you'll see them back at camp instead." Tamara looked at friend with a puppy dog eyes as she hoped it would make him cave and text the others as she really wanted to know more to the story of him running away.

Pulling out his phone "Fine I'll text them now! Also stop looking at me like that."

"Good and I only look at you like this because I know you can't resit the puppy dog eyes."

"Good point." Kyle said as he finished texting the other and put his phone back in his pocket. "Are you sure you really want to know why I ran away?"

"Yeah completely. I'm intrigued to find out what upset you so much to make you un away." Tamara told her friend.

"Okay but you promise you won't tell the others?"

"Yeah I promise."

"Okay then. I was ten at the time…."

Chapter 26

Seven years earlier…

Ten year old Kyle was running home from school as he was already going to be late getting in and he didn't want to get into more bother with his foster parents. Quickly, Kyle rounded the corner (on to the street in which he lived) and without looking where he was going, feel over.

Oh no. Now they are going to ask me why my clothes are dirty and I already think they are going to tell me off. Again!

Kyle's chain of thought was broken by a woman's voice as soon as he walked through the front door.

"Kyle is that you?"

"Yeah its me Anne."

"Where have you been?"

"Sorry I got out class later than usual. So I took the shortcut home and because I was running I fell over."

"Are you okay? Nothing's broken?"

"Yeah nothing is broken Anne."

"Well there is a hole in your jeans and I can see blood, so nothing might be broken but you have cut yourself. Come into the kitchen and I'll clean it for you."

"Ok thank you Anne."

"No problem sweetheart and I was you would call me mum instead of Anne. Also me and Doug need to have word with you before you go upstairs."

Kyle didn't say anything as he had feeling he already knew what they wanted to talk about with him. Instead he followed Anne into the kitchen which resembled something out of a cookery show and took his backpack off and sat on one of the chairs that surrounded the table they used for breakfast.

"What happened to your knee son?" Doug asked as he walked into the kitchen to see his wife putting a plaster on his foster son's knee.

"I fell over on the way home." Kyle replied to him.

"Well next time be careful ok and look where you are going like we've told you before, as we don't want something bad to happen to you."

"Ok Doug I will definitely be more careful next time. Promise."

"Good boy."

Anne got up from the chair she had been sat on to clean Kyle's knee and walked over to the bin. "I told Kyle that we needed to have a talk with him about something important."

"Ah yes I forgot about that thank you for reminding me. Kyle we need to talk about what happened at school this morning and from the sounds of it the past couple of weeks as well." Doug turned to him with smile.

"I had feeling that's what you wanted to talk about when my teacher said she called you both." Kyle replied.

"Well then this conversation is going to be straightforward then."

"Can I just say first that I did nothing wrong."

"Sweetheart you can't really say you did nothing wrong when you punched that boy in the face."

"But it wasn't me that did it to him."

"If it wasn't you Kyle who did then?"

"One of his friends. They wanted me to get in trouble for it."

"Kyle why would one of his friends do that to him and why do they want to get you in trouble?" Anne asked her son as what he said made no sense.

"That's a very good point dear. Kyle why would they do that to him and why would they want to get you in trouble. Before you say anything think carefully as there was nine witnesses who all told the teacher that they saw you do it."

"They've been bullying me since I started at the school."

"That's been six months Kyle."

"I know but I didn't want to say anything as I don't want anyone to get in trouble."

"Kyle, I'm sorry son I don't believe what you are telling us."

"But it's the truth Doug." Kyle said while trying to fight back the tears.

"Kyle do you understand that nine people say you punch the boy and they can't all be lying."

"YES THEY ARE LYING!" Kyle shouted at them.

"THAT'S IT! GET TO YOU ROOM NOW AND DON'T COME DOWN AGAIN UNTIL DINNER!" Doug shouted back at his foster son. "ALSO I DO NOT WANT YOU PUTTING THAT TV ON OR YOU VIDEO GAMES! INSTEAD YOU CAN DO YOUR HOMEWORK!"

"FINE!" Kyle shouted back at him as he walked out of the kitchen and straight up to his room making sure to slam the door in the process.

Present time…

"Kyle that's awful." Tamara said to her friend as she cut into him explaining the reason why he ran away. "Is that what made you run away because they didn't believe you?"

Kyle looked at her "That I guess was part of the reason I ran away but I think what really made me take that step and leave was what happened next."

"What happened next?" Tamara asked him.

"Well I'll tell you…."

Seven years earlier…

Kyle was sat in his bedroom doing his homework which he always completed on time and always did to the best of his ability when he heard Anne and Doug talking downstairs.

"I don't think we can do this anymore dear."

"Doug he needs us. We knew what we were getting into with Kyle when we agreed to take him in."

"I know we did but his behaviour is getting worse Anne and I don't think we can keep him here any longer."

"He's a bright kid."

"I agree he is a bright kid but he keeps getting into trouble at school to the point were I know expect to see the school's phone number on my caller ID every time my phone rings."

"I know but you got to put yourself in his shoes love. Its not been easy for him. You heard what the social worker said about how he finds it hard to make friends and how he finds it hard to trust people."

"I know all that but it's been six months Anne and nothing is getting any better. I think we just need to face that fact that we can't give Kyle the support that he really needs."

Kyle quickly closed his door and walked back over to his bed.

Great they don't want me anymore. I can't go to another new school and a new foster family not again. They can't make me leave if I don't want to. I need to come up with a plan but what? I know I will run away that way I won't be anyone's problem anymore.

Kyle stood up and emptied his backpack and filled it with his favourite book, some change of clothes and his bear that his mam give him when he was born and placed it on the back of his chair and started to write a note to his foster parents telling them he was sorry for all the trouble he had caused and he won't be a problem anymore.

"KYLE, SWEETHEART COME DOWN PLEASE YOUR DINNER IS READY!" Anne shouted up the stairs.

"COMING!" Kyle shouted back placing the letter under his homework book.

Slowly Kyle made his way downstairs and joined his foster parents in the dining room.

"Have you finished all your homework?" Doug asked Kyle who was currently moving the food around his plate instead of eating it.

Kyle without looking up replied "Yeah I've finished it."

Anne joined in with "What was your homework then sweetheart?"

"It was just maths which I found way too easy."

"Well when I was at school I didn't find maths that easy I was more in to science."

"I find that too easy as well but there again some of the others in my class are struggling with it like today during science we were learning about the different types of forces and we had to do write a definition that you might find next to the word in a dictionary I was the first one on my table to finish and the other people sat at the table were stuck with what to write so I helped them."

"Well that nice of you Kyle. Isn't it Doug?"

"Yes Kyle that is very nice of you as most people would have just let be stuck and not help out when they can."

A couple minutes later Anne got up from the table and started to clear the plates away and Kyle helped while Doug went into the living room to make sure that his and his wife's favourite programme had recorded.

"Thank you for helping me clear up." Anne told Kyle as he finished putting the plates away he had just dried.

"It's no problem I like to help." He replied to her.

"Anne are you nearly finished in there?" came the voice from another room in the house.

"Yes love I'm coming now," Anne replied to her husband. "Why don't you do us Kyle? I think you will like this show its funny."

"No thank you Anne. I'm going upstairs to play my guitar as I would like to finish learning that song Doug was teaching me last weekend."

"Okay but don't forget your bedtime is at 8:30 as you have school in the morning."

"I won't."

At 8:30pm…

Kyle finished getting ready for bed and headed downstairs towards the living room.

"Night Anne. Night Doug."

Anne answered first "Night sweetheart."

Doug not looking away from the TV "Night son."

With that Kyle closed the living room door and went back upstairs, entered his bedroom and climbed into bed making sure his bedside light was still on.

Three hours later…

Quietly once he was sure that his foster parents had gone to sleep, Kyle got of bed and headed over to his wardrobe and took out some clean clothes and got changed.

Once he had made his bed Kyle picked up the guitar that Doug had bought him two months before and placed it on the bed. He then walked over to his desk and put his back pack on and took out the note that he wrote and had hidden under his homework book and walked back over to the bed, where he placed the note on top of the guitar case.

Slowly and quietly Kyle walked out his bedroom and straight past Anne and Doug's room and went downstairs making sure he missed the squeaky step at the bottom and went to the front door and left making sure he had locked the door behind him.

Present day…

"Wow, what happened after you left?" Tamara suddenly interrupted again.

"Well the next morning when they found the note and realised I was no longer in the house they went and looked for me." Kyle replied.

"I guess they found you then."

"Yeah they did eventually."

"Where?"

"Well when I left the house I couldn't think of anywhere to go so I kept walking until I got to the local park. I was really tired after walking around so I went into the park and climbed inside the tunnel that was attached to the climbing frame. The next morning, I woke up to hear my name being shouted and decided to have a look as I was a curious ten year old and there they were."

"So they didn't want get rid of you then?"

"No they asked me why I ran away and told them it was because they didn't believe me when I said the kids were bullying me not the other way around and then I told them how I heard them say they couldn't look after me anymore. Anne told me it was just something that Doug had said in the spare of the moment and he apologized he didn't realise I had heard him and then they both said that they believed me."

"Aww isn't that sweet. Did you get in trouble for running away?" Tamara asked him as she wanted to know the full details so she could tell the others when she got back to camp.

"Not really. They told me that what I did was wrong and that I scared them when they couldn't find me in the house and then when they had realised I'd ran away how upset they were. In the end they just made me promise never do that to them again and I never did."

"What happened to them?"

"Well I was with them for another four months before I moved to another foster family."

"Really I thought they weren't going to get rid of you."

"They couldn't help it Doug's sister family had just lost their house and needed somewhere to stay till they got back on their feet which meant there no room for me anymore so I left them and never heard from them again."

"Oh I'm so sorry Kyle." Tamara said to him.

"That's okay. Anyway its really late now and the others are going to be wondering what the hell has happened to us so we better head back to camp."

Chapter 27

At the campsite…

"Where the hell are they?" Phoebe asked the other teens who where all huddled together.

"Maybe they are talking." Evie said to her friend.

"If they were talking they should have been back well before now."

"It all depends on what they were talking about Pheebs." Oscar replied.

"SHUT UP!" Phoebe shouted at Oscar angrily.

"Why do I need to shut up?"

"You let Kyle go off on his own."

"Yeah because there were only three places we could think of that she could possible have gone to."

"Yes I know that but one of you could have told him not to go alone."

"It was easier Pheebs." Belle butted in.

"Was it Belle? I guess that's alright then." Phoebe replied sarcastically.

"Don't start Pheebs."

"I'm not I just can't understand why after what me and Casey have said about not being alone out here and then add the fact it's dark anything could happen to him."

"Now you are being ridiculous."

"I am not being ridiculous. Back me up here Casey." Phoebe said as she turned to face her boyfriend's brother.

"I agree with Pheebs after what we have already told you and it's dark you shouldn't have let go off on his own." Casey said in agreement.

"This coming from the person who upset Tamara so much that she ran off." Maddy shouted at him.

As soon as she said that everyone shut up and continued to wait for their two friends to return in silence.

In the bush…

"Hey Kyle!" Tamara said to her friend.

"Yeah."

"Thank you."

"For what?" Kyle asked her.

"Well for starters, coming to see if I'm alright and for telling me about when you ran off."

"Oh that's alright and please don't tell anyone about that."

"What? Not even Phoebe?"

"Well she already knows I ran away once but she doesn't know why and I would rather it stayed that way."

"Sure I won't say anything and you can trust me on that."

I should really tell the others what Kyle told me otherwise it just ruins the plan we all agreed on before we got here. There again Kyle trusted me with this after all he didn't even tell Phoebe the reason why he ran away and she deserves to know. Ugh this is horrible why does Kyle have to be such a private person! I mean he knows all about our and yet we hardly know anything other than what he has let slip over the past day and night.

Tamara stopped thinking to herself and continued to walk beside Kyle in silence.

Back at camp…

"Eventually!" Phoebe shouted when say her boyfriend and Tamara walk over to them.

"What you all doing sitting huddled around a fire that isn't even lit?" Kyle asked them.

"Oh we were going to light it but then April told us it's just a waste of matches." Sasha explained to Kyle.

"Right."

Maddy stood up and walked over to her friend, "Are you okay Tam?"

"I'm fine now thanks to Kyle." Tamara replied and turned to face Kyle who was starting to blush.

"I only did what anyone else would do." Kyle told her.

"I know but you listened that was good enough for me." Tamara replied "Anyway I think we should all try and get some sleep. Don't you?"

Everyone nodded in agreement (especially the girls who were wanting their first prank to work and that required the guys to be asleep) and stood up from where they had been sat. They said goodnight to each other and went to there tents in hopes of getting a good night's rest before they got up to some fun the next day.

Chapter 28

At Ray's campsite

Ray had just returned to his campsite after following Kyle and Tamara back to the teens camp. Ray text his boss while he had a drink and waited for him to reply.

Text message

Ray: Hey boss just wondering if you know yet when you will definitely be getting here?

Boss: Why do you need to know how long we are going to be?

R: I'm just curious boss to know.

B: Put it this way the more times you ask the longer I will be getting there.

R: Sorry Boss. I guess I'm missing my family still.

B: I thought you would be happy of the peace and quiet, what with your wife constantly yelling at you and your kids constantly crying.

R: I LOVE MY FAMILY! THEREFORE, I WANT TO KNOW WHEN YOU WILL GET HERE!?

B: FINE! I WILL BE THERE TOMORROW! NOW STOP BOTHERING ME!

Ray stopped replying to his boss and continued with his drink and thought back to what he heard Kyle say to Tamara.

I can't believe the kid ran away. He doesn't look like the type who would do that to the people he cares about. His parents, I mean foster parents must have been at their wits end with worry. I guess me and Jessica would be the same if one of our kids went missing. I bet my parents where the same when I ran away.

Ray stood up and put the empty bottle in the bag he had for his rubbish and got another bottle of beer from the cooler he had bought earlier that day.

I've just realised me and kid ran away for the same reason. We were both bullied when we younger and no one believed it was us that were getting bullied. I suppose though there is one difference between how we probably sorted the situation once our parents found us. His parents probably called the school and had Kyle tell them everything that had happened. Whereas mine didn't give a crap if I was getting bullied or doing the bullying, so I had to get help from other people. Looking back now getting involved with that gang was not such a good idea if I had known that I would be doing this job now. Yes, they helped me to sort out my bullying problem but in doing so I became a slave to do the stuff they didn't want to like this stupid job. I can see why no one else wanted to do it. I'm bored out here with nothing else to do but watch them brats and I miss my family the longer I'm away from them.

"I should stop thinking about what I'm doing and concentrate on the fact I'm going to be getting paid a lot for it." Ray said out loud.

Putting down the bottle of beer, he stood up and walked over to his tent where he decided to get some sleep as he didn't want to miss his boss getting there. Eventually!

• 1 month later...

Chapter 29

At the campsite…

Eventually the teens all drifted to asleep after the mess of Tamara and Casey's love life had nearly threatened to ruin the whole trip.

Kyle thought to himself as he drifted to sleep; Well this birthday will definitely be remembered for a while. I hope Tam and Case can sort this out properly they were a really great couple if you put aside all the fighting and arguing. Apart from that I think my birthday had been great and the fact hey all bought me a present was so nice of them. They didn't have to but they did. I know they said they feel like we've know each for years but I still feel like an outsider looking in but hopefully that will go away soon.

Two hours later…

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!

"What the hell is that?" Matt said as he started woke up.

Xavier replied: "It's my phone's alarm clock."

"Why the hell is your alarm clock going off now Xavier!" Aden asked as he didn't understand why Xavier would set his alarm for that time of night.

"I didn't! Unless Brenden did it the other day when he was messing with my phone."

"Well can you turn it off." Kyle asked his friend.

Turning it off Xavier looked at his friends and said: "There, it's off we can go back to sleep now."

Xavier put his phone back in his hoodie pocket and then started to drift off back to asleep like his friends.

One hour and thirty minutes later…

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!

"Xavier turn the bloody alarm off!" Josh shouted as soon as he heard the alarm going off again.

Not wanting to be blamed for something again, Xavier grabbed his phone and said: "Look at my phone! It's not on!"

"He's right, it isn't his phone. It sounds like it's coming from this side of the tent," Oscar told the other guys. "Hang on! Casey, it's your phone this time."

Casey realised Oscar was right as his phone started to beep again. Quickly turning it off he looked at the others who had already gone back to sleep. At least they aren't telling me off unlike poor Xavier. Although something doesn't seem right because I remember that I turned all my alarms off. Oh well, better go back to sleep.

In the girl's tent…

"I wonder if they realise that we did it?" Evie asked the others as they heard the alarms going off.

"Well eventually they will Evie but I think it will take them awhile." April replied as they all started to laugh.

Phoebe spoke: "Hey they still have another five alarms to go off."

"Yeah I agree. I'm also happy we went back and changed the alarms from going off every hour to every one and a half hours." Sasha said to the other girls.

"I told you all that it would be a better idea." Belle said.

Maddy spoke: "Yes you were right Belle because that idea was so much better. Anyway let's get back to sleep as I want to look better than the guys in the morning."

The girls stopped talking and went back to sleep.

In the boy's tent…

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!

"For the love of God." Josh said as he was woken again by another alarm going off.

"Seriously guys, whoever's alarm is going off now better turn the bloody phone off otherwise I'm going to break it!" Aden shouted at his friends.

Matt noticed it was his phone going off this time and quickly turned off as he didn't want Aden to break it as Leah would probably go crazy if she couldn't contact him.

The next morning…

The guys were all waking up (after not getting much sleep) to the light of the sun shining into the tent.

"I still understand what was going on with our phones." Oscar said as they all turned their phone back on to check the time.

Kyle replied: "I don't either I mean I know for fact I didn't have any alarms turned on. So I don't get why mine went off."

"Hey guy's you don't think that this could have something to do with the girls do you?" Matt asked.

"They wouldn't do that." Aden replied.

"Yes they would Aden. After the amount of pranks we have pulled on them over the years, I'm surprised it actually took them this long to get back at us." Xavier told them.

"Oh, good point. Although it was a pathetic attempt at prank."

"Pathetic! They've ruined my sleeping pattern." Kyle said to his friends.

"Please tell me, he did not just say that." Casey asked the other's while looking at his brother.

Josh replied: "I'm afraid he did."

"What is wrong with you bro? You sound like the Maddy." Casey said.

"Guys I'm joking." Kyle laughed.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because it was funny."

"You know; at times Kyle you can be so weird." Matt told him.

"Anyway getting back on to the topic, what shall we do about the girls?" Josh asked.

"I say we don't do anything." Xavier spoke first.

"Why?" the other guys all said in shock.

"Well think about it. The girls don't know that we know it was them that set up the alarms on our phones. Therefore, we kind of have the upper hand in this situation." Xavier explained to them.

"Okay. So what shall we do as payback?" Oscar asked Xavier.

"Well like I said we do nothing because that would annoying the girls if we say we didn't hear anything and we didn't make that much noise, which means the girls won't have heard us complaining. So if we play dumb and deny hearing anything then that is the best revenge we can ever give to anyone." Xavier laughed realising how funny it would be to see the girls faces if that denied hearing anything other than the noises you expect to hear in the middle of the National Park.

"Well it's settled then. We will all deny ever hearing the alarms going off." Casey spoke up.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for the lovely comments on the last chapter and thank you for patiently waiting for that chapter as I know it took me ages to upload as i had uni deadlines and work left, right and centre plus i wasn't feeling well either. 

Chapter 30

The boys came out of their tent to see that the girls were already up.

"Morning sleepyheads!" Evelyn shouted to them.

"Morning to you to as well sis." Oscar replied.

As the boys joined the girls around the campfire, they noticed the girls looking at each other curiously.

"What's up?" Kyle asked them.

"Nothing. We were wondering if you all slept alright?" Phoebe asked.

"Well I personally can't say for the others but I know that last night was the best night's sleep I've had in ages." Matt said "You know I might ask Leah if I can sleep in the backyard, as I think I sleep better outdoors."

Shocked by what Matt just said Sasha spoke: "What? There is no way I'm sleeping in the backyard with you Matthew."

"You don't have to babe. I was just saying that I sleep better outside that's all."

"Anyway, other than Matt what about the rest of you?" Tamara asked them while trying to not look at Casey.

"Great."

"Fine."

"I think we can all definitely agree that we've had the best night's sleep ever." Aden told the girls who were listening.

The girls started to look at each with puzzled expressions, as none of them could believe that the boys had the "best night's sleep ever" especially when they heard the alarms going off themselves.

"Are you sure you didn't hear any strange noises last night? I know I did." April asked them all.

"Actually now that you mention it I did hear something weird." Casey replied.

"What did you hear?" all the girls asked at the same time.

Casey started to laugh: "I heard Matt."

"What do you mean by you heard me." Matt shockingly asked his friend.

"Well I got woken up by you snoring."

As soon as Casey said that Matt turned bright red which caused all the teens to start laughing at him.

One hour later…

After they all had stopped laughing at Matt the guys stood up and told the girls that they were heading to the lake for a wash before breakfast.

"Are you sure that you all don't want to come with us?" Kyle asked the girls who were still sat around the campfire.

Phoebe replied first: "Aww you so sweet for asking Kyle but I think we will all stay here and make breakfast while you are all at the lake."

The other girls all nodded in agreement.

"Okay then if you are sure?" Kyle said.

"We are!" They shouted at him.

With that the boys said goodbye to the girls and headed down to the lake, taking their phones with them so that the girls couldn't put anymore alarms on for that night.

"I don't get it. How could they not hear the alarms?" Maddy said as she was sure the guys were gone.

"I don't know, I mean we heard them going off every one and half hours." Belle replied to her friend.

Phoebe spoke up: "You know what who cares if they didn't hear them or not, lets just get on with prank number 2."

Chapter 31

At the campsite

While the guys headed down to the lake, the girls had started to put prank number 2 into action.

"So it's decided three of us are going to follow the guys to the lake and when we know they aren't looking we are going to sneak on to the pier and steal their clothes and towels." Sasha said once they had finished with making the plan.

"Yeah but we need to decide who's going to the lake and who is going to stay here and make breakfast." Tamara replied.

Noticing the twigs on the floor, April stood up and picked up seven twigs which she started to break.

Curious as to what she was doing, Maddy asked: "April what are you doing with the twigs?"

Walking back over to here friends April held out the sticks in one hand and said: "Well we need to chose who's going to get the clothes and who's staying here. So I thought why not draw sticks."

"That's a great idea April!" They all said.

One by one the girls picked their twig until there was only one left which was April's.

"Well that was fun." Evie said.

"Yeah agreed. Now then Belle, April how are we going to get these clothes without them seeing us." Phoebe asked her two friends.

Belle replied first: "Quickly! Although saying that you know what the guys are like they will be to busy messing around to notice the three of us."

"Good point. Anyway we better head off now." Phoebe told them.

"Ok let's go girls and don't forget you four now have to make breakfast for all off us." April laughed.

"Don't worry breakfast will be cooking when you three get back." Maddy laughed back.

April, Belle and Phoebe said goodbye to the other four girls and headed off in the direction of the lake.

At the lake

"I don't get why the girls didn't want to come with us." Oscar shouted from the pier to the guys in the lake.

"Oscar!" Kyle shouted at him.

"What Kyle?"

"Not so loud! I like being able to hear out of both of my ears thank you very much."

"Whoops sorry Kyle I didn't mean to"

"Aww that's okay Oscar you can just make up for it."

"How?"

"Like this!"

With that Kyle pushed Oscar into the lake and then jumped in after him.

"Good one bro!" Casey shouted to him as Kyle and Oscar made their way to the middle of the lake, where the other guys were.

In the bushes surrounding the lake

Unbeknown to the boys, the three girls had made their way to the lake and where now sat waiting for the perfect time to strike.

Belle was the first to speak: "I was right. Look at them all."

"They remind me of two year olds at the beach." Phoebe replied.

"I see what you mean Pheebs. They are being stupid what if something happens to one of them. What if they get hurt?" April asked.

Looking at each, Belle and Phoebe said together "Xavier."

"What about Xavier?"

"Oh nothing." Phoebe said.

"No come on what about Xavier?"

Belle answered April's question with: "Just we know that the only one of the guys you are really worried about getting injured is Xavier."

"No I'm not. I was worried about all of them."

"Okay if you say so."

Whispering to Belle: "She's totally on about Xavier."

"Totally."

At the Lake

The guys were currently in the middle of a race as to who could get from the middle of the lake, to the pier and back again the quickest. Oscar was the judge as they all agreed he would be the fairest.

"The winner is Aden!" Oscar shouted to the rest of his friends as they made their way back to him.

Not happy that he lost Casey said: "Aden pushed me out the way so I think Oscar that he should be disqualified from this competition."

"No I did not push you mate." Aden replied.

"Now now lads no need to argue over it, is there?" Oscar said trying to stop a fight from breaking out.

"Okay, sorry for accusing you of pushing me Aden." Casey said.

"I'm sorry if I did Casey just know I didn't mean to." Aden replied.

Josh (who had just reappeared in the middle of lake after taking his time swimming back once he heard Oscar declare the winner) suggested: "Why don't we try and see who can hold their breathe for the longest under the water?"

"That doesn't seem like a very good idea Josh." Kyle told him.

"Aww is Kylie scared." Casey asked while trying to wind his brother up.

"No I just think that it was a stupid suggestion but now let's do it and for calling me Kylie I will make sure that I beat you."

"Fine by me." Casey laughed.

The guys stopped talking and held their breathes as they disappeared under the water.

Seeing the guys disappear under the water, the three girls made their move.

"Grab everything but their shoes and phones and be quick. Who knows how long they will do whatever it is they doing for." Belle told the other two girls as she started to move from their hiding spot.

At the lake

Following Belle, quickly, the other two girls ran over to the pier and started grabbing everything but shoes and phones and quickly ran back to their hiding spot.

Meanwhile the boys were still in the water unaware what the girls were doing with their stuff.

From their spot in the bushes the girls checked to make sure they had all the guy's clothes and towels.

"Guys you realise when they get back to camp they will absolutely stink." April said to Belle and Phoebe.

"Oops, I didn't think of that." They said together.

Phoebe wanting to get back to camp before the guys left the lake said: "Oh well. We can always send them back. Speaking of back lets go before they see or hear other us."

The three girls stood up making sure they had a hold of everything and walked back to the campsite, laughing.

Archived