Are you looking forward to 2000-2005?

Skylover

Ha - Breakers! There's a blast from the past. I remember the theme song which was very 90s. There were 2 versions, the 2nd one was a lot better and had classier titles.

Like others have said, it didn't offer anything original that couldn't be provided by Neighbours or H&A and for that reason I never really got into it, but I did dip in and out. I guess it was like a mix of the two... a busier suburban location, but located on a beach.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched the first version of the opening and it has a very 'British' feeling about it that I can't pin point.  The second version looks more like H&A's 1998 opening.

No one seems to remember it whenever I've brought it up. It was like Channel Ten was trying to replace Heartbreak High (which moved to ABC from TEN) with a lower budget. more soapy alternative.

8 hours ago, alexx said:

I just watched the first version of the opening and it has a very 'British' feeling about it that I can't pin point.  The second version looks more like H&A's 1998 opening.

Oh gosh, I've just done the same and come over all nostalgic! :D

The actor who plays Justin Morgan was in it!! I hadn't made that connection.

They even have Ada talking incessantly in her opening titles shot... love it! Seriously though, how long was that opening sequence? Gave you time to go and make a cup of tea I guess...

6 hours ago, beau_t said:

I remember the stand-in Selina from H&A was in it (the "Temporary Tempany", if you will). I warmed to her in H&A... am I imagining things or did she return much later in the mid 2000s in a different role? A doctor or nurse, I'm thinking?

Not that I recall. Louise Crawford doesn't have any additional H&A credits on IMDB. She has played the recurring character of Ellen Crabb on Neighbours over the last few years though. It took me ages to realise who it was.

I realised I was thinking of Bianca - the actress that tempts Vinnie to cheat on Sally. She later came back in something to do with the hospital I'm sure.

That's another storyline I'm really looking forward to seeing again: On The Crest of a Wave resurfacing to haunt Donald - first when it was added to the school syllabus, and then the whole story of it being made into a movie. That was a GREAT idea for story.

It makes me wonder who Bianca was supposed to be playing though. Bobby? Or was it never mentioned on-screen. I guess we'll find out in 3/4 years if TEY continue!

2 hours ago, Sunny Girl said:

Lara Cox looked nothing like Bobby or Nicolle Dickson ?.. 

I think that was the whole idea. The producer was gonna turn it into a cheap film with model type people not representing the reall Bobby or how her and Alan's story was. They were going to have them in a incestuous relationship. It was pretty much gonna be what the current home and away has turned into until fisher put a can on it. 

Just now, Blaxland 89 said:

I think that was the whole idea. The producer was gonna turn it into a cheap film with model type people not representing the reall Bobby or how her and Alan's story was. They were going to have them in a incestuous relationship. It was pretty much gonna be what the current home and away has turned into until fisher put a can on it. 

I remember when Bianca was trying to do some character research and asking Jesse about Bobby. He said she was before his time so he couldn't help. 

Archived