hayden ross /David Morrell

yaniv

charlton hill formely known as andrew hill was reugler in the show in 1991 as michael ross son and than again in 1994 and 1996

in 2013 he back as David Morrell  Ricky Sharpe's solicitor. , dont you think it was lost opportunity to bring back old character to the bay ? he had a past he had the connection ,he knew marline good and alf and irene ,he romance with her daughter finn , so why bring him as some one else? he wasnt a guest star on the show he was from the golden era and storyline with him for sure could make some attention for old fans , for me this move by production was spitting in the face and disrespect , what you think about that?

Well the storylines are thought up and the characters are created long before they are cast, so it's not like they decided to bring Andrew Hill back as a different character. By the time the part was cast it would have been too late to change the story to make him Haydn.

I agree it's not great having an actor who was a main character, on the opening credits, returning later as a guest as a completely different character, but I suspect the actor was happy to have the job.

I didn't even realise he played Ricky's solicitor I'll have to try and find that episode but I have to agree they've done it quite a lot recently like when they had the bloke who played Irene's son Nathan as Matt's dad and when they had John Adam (luke cunningham) playing Dekka or when Chris Hemsworth made a cameo in the diner all great potential IMO Im not suggesting they'd of got Chris back for long but one scene in the diner visiting Irene's surely better than him just sat in the background, I liked Hayden especially in his first stint in the show there was some great young characters, I wasn't too fussed about his second stint tbh I think he only returned then because he was with the girl who played Finlay at the time but I think there was plenty of reasons he could of come back to the bay after all his Dad did die there, there's the potential for some great scenes with Irene after all she never really liked him she was opposed to his and Fin's relationship it would of given Irene some good scenes. He also had a relationship with Marilyn so I guess they could of written a return in for him when she lost her memory.

Archived