The Bateman's Arrive In Summer Bay

Homeandawayfan.

• 2 weeks later...

continued...

SUMMER BAY CARAVAN PARK, THE FOLLOWING DAY.

Leah is in the caravan park chatting to Kat and Phoebe. A man comes up to her (played by Simon Kay) and a lady comes up to her (played by Kate Gorman, Sue Parker from Neighbours).

SHARON Hi I am Sharon Ramsay. This is Nick Bateman, my brother. I have come to see my father Jimmy Bateman who is a friend of Alf, I have come from Yabbie Creek and he told me to meet him and Alf in Summer Bay House at 11am.

LEAH Yes, sure. Let me lead you to Summer Bay House.

NICK (To Kat) I love women in uniforms.

PHOEBE He seems nice.

KAT He is about 10 or more years older than me.

PHOEBE Palmer is about that much older than Maz. Her previous husband I heard was 23 years older.

INT, SUMMER BAY HOUSE.

Jimmy and Alf are talking when Leah comes in with Nick and Sharon.

JIMMY Sharon, Nick. Great you made it.

NICK Hi dad. My car broke down at the Yabbie Creek hotel so we got a bus.

ALF Did it drop you off along the beach?

SHARON Yeah.

ALF Welcome to Summer Bay. Best have your life insured. (Laughs). There has been a few storms, a bushfire and earthquake.

LEAH Alf, I am sure they do not want a eulogy on the history of this town.

ALF Well can I get you two a drink?

To be continued..............

• 1 month later...

A reprieve in my fanfic as Kat is back in the police force.

INT, SUMMER BAY HOUSE, NIGHT TIME.

Alf, Leah, Zak and Jimmy's children are sat around the table having a laugh and joke.

JIMMY Come on Alf, you know I never stole one of your trousers in the camp in Vietnam.

ALF Well I am sure you did mate.

JIMMY Stone the crows we have been here for hours It is 10pm. Better get off to Yabbie Creek.

ALF I won't hear anything of it. There is plenty of room here at Summer Bay House. There is a spare room.

NICK Good, we can go and explore Summer Bay tomorrow. I can eye up that female police office you spoke to Leah.

LEAH Good luck with that.

JIMMY Nick behave yourself. See what I have to put up with Alf (Laughs). If I am staying, I can sleep on the sofa.

ALF You OK with that Jimmy? Yeah well for Nick and Sharon, the spare room is actually downstairs, go into the hallway and there is a door to the left and it is there. Don't worry, there are 2 single beds in it. That room is very rarely used.

continued........