Thirteen (by Ludub) - comments

Red Ranger 1

33 minutes ago, KittCatt said:

Great chapter!

Loved the Kyle/Tamara/Noah scene at the beginning :wub: Very cute. I agree with Red Ranger 1 that he needs any sort of answers, whether they are good or bad. 

The funeral for little Kyle was heartbreaking. Loved Health in particular. And liked the addition of Marilyn- it was quite spiritual what she said, lovely. Really upsetting they had paparazzi there. 

Poor Kyle :( So sad that he harmed himself with the bleach :( Glad Tamara was there even if he didn't want to be around her much afterwards. I really get why he had to leave, be left alone (besides Nate). I hope he doesn't crash the car on the way :huh:

I look forward to more, update soon :P

Thanks KittCatt! :wub: I think you and RR1 are both right. He definitely needs to find out some kind of answers or he's going to drive himself crazy.  I'm really glad you thought the opening scene was cute. I wanted him to have a sense that they have a close little family unit (Kyle, Tamara, and Noah) and that he's not alone. Glad you liked Marilyn. I thought it would be fun to have her be even more 'hippyish' after her travels, and actually I think what she said was nice, even if Kyle wasn't ready to hear it. With everything that's going on, his stress levels, and the fact that he has a history of self-harm, I think it was just a matter of time before he had a relapse. Thanks again for reading :wink:  x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Great chapter 

Loved the family scene between Kyle and Tamara, Noah at the beginning :P 

And the funeral for the real Kyle was touching but heartbreaking :( 

Felt sorry for Kyle when he harmed himself with the bleach

Looking forwards to the next chapter Xx

Thanks Jarlie! Glad you liked this chapter. It was a bit dark and sad I suppose, with Kyle's self-harming, but I'm really glad you liked the nice family scene at the start :P

I'm just about to post the next chapter (I've been busy! :wink:) so you just sneaked in there in front! lol!

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment :wub: x

It never occurred to me that Kyle might be the Hameses' child, good job that horrific possibility was quashed quickly. So Phoebe tipped off the journalists! She really can't sink any lower... I liked the chat between Irene and Chris.Good that Kyle is starting to get comfortable with his identity, accepting his name and the Summers as his family...but could his other family be about to emerge?

• Like 1

Great chapter!

It occurred to me that Phoebe may have tipped off the journalist. What an absolutely horrible thing to do. She feels guilty but not enough. And she is in a good mood after her chat with her father. 'Kyle had kind of forced her into it by letting Heath fire her. The more she looked at it, the more she felt that it wasn’t really her fault'. Phoebe's justification is absolutely appalling. Great job writing her though!

Glad Kyle and Tamara decided to take the Summers name. And that Kyle decided to keep Kyle. It would feel weird having a new name that isn't affiliated with his identity at all. Tamara is being really understanding, from him scaring her last chapter to taking the Summers name with no question. Really supportive relationship which is exactly what he needs. The ending- wonder who Uncle Nico is...  Nice cliffhanger :) 

Also really liked the Chris and Irene addition. And Andy seeing Phoebe's deal... Josh should tell Health about it, though I suspect there will also be drama surrounding Uncle Nico. I wonder if Phoebe will sink even lower and withhold any sort of information that they may want. 

I look forward to more, update soon :) 

• Like 1

Great chapter

I had a feeling Phoebe tipped the journalist off.

Liked Kyle keeping the name Kyle and using Summers.

Nice cliff hanger at the end I wonder who uncle Nico is.

I look forward to more 

Update again soon :)

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

It never occurred to me that Kyle might be the Hameses' child, good job that horrific possibility was quashed quickly. So Phoebe tipped off the journalists! She really can't sink any lower... I liked the chat between Irene and Chris.Good that Kyle is starting to get comfortable with his identity, accepting his name and the Summers as his family...but could his other family be about to emerge?

Thanks RR1! :P You're right, i think the thought that he could be the Hames' child would be just too horrible a prospect for him. It would throw everything into question again. Phoebe is just a nasty piece of work but she really doesn't see herself that way, which makes her even worse. She can justify just about anything to herself.

29 minutes ago, KittCatt said:

Great chapter!

It occurred to me that Phoebe may have tipped off the journalist. What an absolutely horrible thing to do. She feels guilty but not enough. And she is in a good mood after her chat with her father. 'Kyle had kind of forced her into it by letting Heath fire her. The more she looked at it, the more she felt that it wasn’t really her fault'. Phoebe's justification is absolutely appalling. Great job writing her though!

Glad Kyle and Tamara decided to take the Summers name. And that Kyle decided to keep Kyle. It would feel weird having a new name that isn't affiliated with his identity at all. Tamara is being really understanding, from him scaring her last chapter to taking the Summers name with no question. Really supportive relationship which is exactly what he needs. The ending- wonder who Uncle Nico is...  Nice cliffhanger :) 

Also really liked the Chris and Irene addition. And Andy seeing Phoebe's deal... Josh should tell Health about it, though I suspect there will also be drama surrounding Uncle Nico. I wonder if Phoebe will sink even lower and withhold any sort of information that they may want. 

I look forward to more, update soon :) 

Thanks KittCatt! Glad you liked this chapter! Phoebe's father was a terrible person so I suppose I kind of figure the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. He did some very underhanded things to get what he wanted, and now so has Phoebe. So i thought that her reasons for being angry with him probably don't seem so important now. Plus, he has loads of money and the means to help her out, so why not?! Her justification for the things she has done is appalling though, I agree with you there. I'm writing her as a truly repugnant human being, but these people do exist! 

I agree that Tamara has been exceptionally understanding in all of this, but she loves him, and I suppose that she's already changed her name once so it isn't as big a hurdle for her to change it again. I think she just wants them to have a family identity as a unit together, and for him to feel okay about it. Summers is also a really nice name that sounds full of hope. If it was something ugly she might think twice about it, lol! :wink:

2 minutes ago, Kristen said:

Great chapter

I had a feeling Phoebe tipped the journalist off.

Liked Kyle keeping the name Kyle and using Summers.

Nice cliff hanger at the end I wonder who uncle Nico is.

I look forward to more 

Update again soon :)

Thanks Kristen! :P  Glad you liked it too. I think changing his first name would be a strange thing, not just for him, but for everyone that knows him. I think it's just taken him some time to come to terms with the idea that he could keep the name Kyle, and maybe having the funeral yesterday gave him that little bit of closure that he needed.

Uncle Nico? You'll have to wait and see! 

Thanks again, to all three of you! I'm really enjoying writing this so I really appreciate you all taking the time to comment. It means a lot! :wub:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Great chapter, Ludub :P

I think it's a nice thing that Kyle and Tamara decided to take the Summers' name :) 

Liked the cliffhanger at the end. Wondering who Uncle Nico is...

Update soon please xx

Thanks Jarlie :wub: appreciate the feedback as always. As I said above, Summers is such a nice name. I think if I had to change my name I'd be okay with that one. And it's nicer than just picking a name at random. I think David and Jenny will also be incredibly touched by the gesture. They obviously want him to think of them as real parents and have done their best by him at all times. Thanks again for reading x

Great Chapter 

Love how Kyle and Tamara took the Summers name. 

Happy that Kyle is going to go by Kyle again. 

Phoebe is horrible in this fic. 

Wonder what the story is about Uncle Nico and why he looks like Kyle. 

please update soon 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Suzza101 said:

Great Chapter 

Love how Kyle and Tamara took the Summers name. 

Happy that Kyle is going to go by Kyle again. 

Phoebe is horrible in this fic. 

Wonder what the story is about Uncle Nico and why he looks like Kyle. 

please update soon 

Thanks Suzza101! :P Glad you liked it. Phoebe is pretty awful in this. Think I've gotten a little carried away! haha! I think she's an incredibly self-centred character in the show but I've just taken it to the extreme in this! lol! I think Phoebe would always put herself first though, so if she'd made a mess of things for herself, she might just keep digging like this. Anyway, thanks for the feedback as always, x

Edited by Ludub