Thirteen (by Ludub) - comments

Red Ranger 1

Great chapter!

I really get why people are worried about Kyle, and worried about how he will react to people treating him differently. But they have to let Kyle make his own choices. His moods would understandably go up and down so i think it's best for his loved ones just to roll with it and be there for him when he needs it.

'No-one would have missed me if they’d killed me instead'- This was really sad. What a heartbreaking situation for Kyle to deal with, and Health. Wonderful emotive writing as usual. Really liked Health being there for him, and the addition of Josh was great too. None of them are biologically related but they are brothers to Kyle in the only way that matters. Lovely scene. And what Kyle saw as a child was absolutely horrendous. I don't blame Kyle for breaking down. If i was Josh or Health i would be uncomfortable too :(. I hope the funeral helps bring a bit of closure. 

Hunter and VJ :angry: Appreciated the mention of Denny after VJ's callous and plainly offensive remarks. Both VJ and Hunter should know better. It's obvious that what Kyle is going through (and has been through) has affected Josh so I'm glad he stood up. Too bad Hunter and VJ are too young and immature to listen properly. What Josh said was true- our parents bring us up so we think they are telling the truth about everything. We believe what what we are brought up in to be the truth. And i liked the points he made about him not knowing Casey was his brother, and Hunter not knowing Zac- to bad Hunter's to immature to care. 

Also liked the brief addition of Oscar :) As well as Zac, Leah and everyone else at the house. I wonder why Phoebe was being nosey... Josh should tell Health- but does he actually know about the role Phoebe played so far?

I look forward to more, update soon :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Great chapter

Didnt like it when Hunter and VJ called Kyle a liar

Good on Josh for having a go at them

Update soon please Xxx

Thanks Jarlie! :P glad you liked it. I think Josh was a bit shocked at VJ and Hunter's insensitive attitude and felt he needed to say something. Such a stupid thing for VJ to say, given the whole thing with Denny, but I think it's something he'd likely do. Thanks again for taking the time to comment x

2 hours ago, KittCatt said:

Great chapter!

I really get why people are worried about Kyle, and worried about how he will react to people treating him differently. But they have to let Kyle make his own choices. His moods would understandably go up and down so i think it's best for his loved ones just to roll with it and be there for him when he needs it.

'No-one would have missed me if they’d killed me instead'- This was really sad. What a heartbreaking situation for Kyle to deal with, and Health. Wonderful emotive writing as usual. Really liked Health being there for him, and the addition of Josh was great too. None of them are biologically related but they are brothers to Kyle in the only way that matters. Lovely scene. And what Kyle saw as a child was absolutely horrendous. I don't blame Kyle for breaking down. If i was Josh or Health i would be uncomfortable too :(. I hope the funeral helps bring a bit of closure. 

Hunter and VJ :angry: Appreciated the mention of Denny after VJ's callous and plainly offensive remarks. Both VJ and Hunter should know better. It's obvious that what Kyle is going through (and has been through) has affected Josh so I'm glad he stood up. Too bad Hunter and VJ are too young and immature to listen properly. What Josh said was true- our parents bring us up so we think they are telling the truth about everything. We believe what what we are brought up in to be the truth. And i liked the points he made about him not knowing Casey was his brother, and Hunter not knowing Zac- to bad Hunter's to immature to care. 

Also liked the brief addition of Oscar :) As well as Zac, Leah and everyone else at the house. I wonder why Phoebe was being nosey... Josh should tell Health- but does he actually know about the role Phoebe played so far?

Thank you so much for the feedback KittCatt!!! :wub: Really appreciated!  

I think Heath is just so worried at this stage that it's difficult for him to stand back and let Kyle get hurt (even more than he has been!) He just wants to wrap him up in cotton wool! I think Heath is gradually becoming more and more affected by Kyle's sad history, and the more details he comes to know, the more shocked he is. Understandably! 

Josh has been through a bit of an ordeal himself so I think that would have given him a maturity and sensitivity that the other two boys are years away from having (and Josh has always been that bit more sensitive anyway). Having to witness Kyle's breakdown in the garden would have been just awful and it would be hard not to be affected by it. Josh has been kept in the loop to some extent (albeit, off 'camera') so he knows what's happening with Kyle. He sees him as family so I think he'd be struggling a bit with all of this himself. So sad.

VJ and Hunter just don't get how serious this whole thing is, and I think that's pretty consistent with their characters. Maybe more VJ than Hunter, but it might be difficult for them to grasp the significance of Kyle losing his identity like this. Or to understand the turmoil that it's causing. It was incredibly insensitive of VJ to make jokes about shallow graves! :(But probably something he'd do!

Thanks again (so much :wub:) for reading and commenting! It really means a lot to me! xxx

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kristen said:

Great chapter 

the funeral for the real Kyle was lovely.

Poor Kyle feeling worthless and hurting himself.

I look forward to more

Update again soon :)

Thanks Kristen! :P Appreciate the feedback. I was a bit nervous trying to write a funeral so I'm glad you liked it. Think it would just make everything so much more real for Kyle that it would tip him over the edge. Again, thanks for reading! x

5 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Oh dear, Kyle is not in a good head space at all. It's at the point where any answers are better than none.

Thanks RR1! :P Yeah, at this stage he just needs to know something. Not knowing is taking too much of a toll on him .The funeral and the journalist turning up were just too much. I think anyone would crack under those circumstances. Thanks for reading. x

Great chapter!

Loved the Kyle/Tamara/Noah scene at the beginning :wub: Very cute. I agree with Red Ranger 1 that he needs any sort of answers, whether they are good or bad. 

The funeral for little Kyle was heartbreaking. Loved Health in particular. And liked the addition of Marilyn- it was quite spiritual what she said, lovely. Really upsetting they had paparazzi there. 

Poor Kyle :( So sad that he harmed himself with the bleach :( Glad Tamara was there even if he didn't want to be around her much afterwards. I really get why he had to leave, be left alone (besides Nate). I hope he doesn't crash the car on the way :huh:

• Like 1