Thirteen (by Ludub) - comments

Red Ranger 1

5 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I think I'd put Heath about 32 in 2017. When we finally got an age for Brax, he was younger than I thought, so if Heath was two years younger (speculation) that would make him 26 when he first appeared.

Oh really?! Wow! People must physically age a lot more in Summer Bay than elsewhere then! :huh: That might explain VJ and Spencer! Lol! I was trying to work it out based on Darcy. I thought she'd be about 17 in 2017 but I think I've miscalculated now! Oops! Oh well, he's gonna have to be older in this, or that would mean he was only 15 when Darcy was born. 

(So, wait?! Brax is 33???):P

Yeah, the ages and dates given when he was on trial for killing Johnny Barrett made Brax 30 in 2013.(I think we did later see a driving license with an earlier DOB but that was only people freeze framing it.)Darcy started high school in 2014 so I guess she'd be about 14 in 2017.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Yeah, the ages and dates given when he was on trial for killing Johnny Barrett made Brax 30 in 2013.(I think we did later see a driving license with an earlier DOB but that was only people freeze framing it.)Darcy started high school in 2014 so I guess she'd be about 14 in 2017.

Oops! I was well out with the whole age thing then! How old is Harley?

And Brax was 30?! That's ridiculous! The head on him! :P haha!

Wow! Great chapter.

Poor Kyle. That broke my heart.

Ah typical "I think I know best." VJ. So childish, and annoying. And totally didn't listen to a word Josh said about Kyle, and I think he still think he knows what happened. Hunter really didn't know any better either, and that shallow dig about shallow graves hurt me. I miss Denny :(

Wonder what nosyparka Phoebe wants. 

Josh should really tell Heath. 

ZAC AND LEAH :wub:

Edited by ZacxLeah
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ZacxLeah said:

Wow! Great chapter.

Poor Kyle. That broke my heart.

Ah typical "I think I know best." VJ. So childish, and annoying. And totally didn't listen to a word Josh said about Kyle, and I think he still think he knows what happened. Hunter really didn't know any better either, and that shallow dig about shallow graves hurt me. I miss Denny :(

Wonder what nosyparka Phoebe wants. 

Josh should really tell Heath. 

ZAC AND LEAH :wub:

Thanks ZacxLeah!!! I'm glad you liked the VJ and Hunter scene. I think they're both pretty immature about things in general so I was hoping to get the tone right. Also really glad you liked Leah and Zac in this. I'm always a bit nervous about writing other characters, I kind of have my set cast of characters and don't stray too far from them, but it's nice to try to bring others in every now and then!

Thanks again for reading! :wub:

• Like 1

Nice contrasts with Kyle rushing ahead trying to play a part in the funeral and then breaking down from the memories.VJ and Hunter were jerks and I'm glad Josh had a go at them, shame they didn't seem to care.

2 hours ago, Ludub said:

Oops! I was well out with the whole age thing then! How old is Harley?

And Brax was 30?! That's ridiculous! The head on him! :P haha!

Harley was born 2014 so he'd be 3 here. And yes, it seems Brax led a really really hard life.

• Like 1

Great chapter

I feel sorry for Kyle.

VJ and Hunter shouldn't of called Kyle a liar.

Wonder what Phoebe is up too.

I look forward to more

Update again soon :)

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

And yes, it seems Brax led a really really hard life.

Thanks RR1! That made me laugh. :wink:

Glad you enjoyed the scene with Kyle planning the funeral. It would be really hard for him, but I think he was just trying to take some control of things. It's going to be a long road for him though. Thanks again for reading.

1 hour ago, Kristen said:

Great chapter

I feel sorry for Kyle.

VJ and Hunter shouldn't of called Kyle a liar.

Wonder what Phoebe is up too.

I look forward to more

Update again soon :)

Thanks Kristen, as always, really appreciate the feedback. The boys shouldn't have called him a liar, it really upset Josh, but I suppose that's how they see it. They don't know all the details and Kyle wouldn't want them to either! Just Hunter and VJ being their selfish and immature selves! :wink: