Grant Mitchell - Craig McLachlan

yaniv

Craig McLachlan came to Home and Away as the biggest star of his time , but his time in Home and Away over the years aren't mentioned too much, and when people or him talk about his past its always Henry and Neighbours . Even with that for some people Grant is iconic character from the golden years ,and i love him very much and think he was great power force to the show and was sad that he left the show 

So did you like Grant?

What you think on his 1 year run on the show it was success or failure?

Is he iconic character for you?

Do you think it was good if he was stick in the bay for one more season?

And what is your opinion on the writing for him? For me all the come and go come and go all the time was weird , he film his last scene in the end of 1990 but they show it long time only after David Croft , just mention he won the "Most Popular Actor" award for 1991

Edited by Dan F
Capital letters

Yeah i loved the character of Grant I seem to remember him being very supportive of Sophie after David died in a car crash, I was pretty guttered when he left and yeah I would of loved for him to stick around longer than what he did, Im surprised he's a character that has slipped under the radar a little bit and is someone who isn't as well remembered, I think he fit in quite well with the cast that was already there when he arrived, I'd certainly not complain if he was to return now. It is quite surprising that he's just remembered mainly for Neighbours when he only had 1 extra year compared to his time on H&A, i guess the Ramsay family at that time were all quite well remembered and the character of Henry had some great scenes I can only think of that as the reason he's remembered more for that role than for Grant as he didn't have any real massive story lines (that I remember) during his time the only 2 that spring to mind are him helping Sophie after David's death and his relationship with the cop that Im sure if I remember rightly he helped someone get away with a minor crime and she not being happy about it.

Thank you Gazza for the comment 'good to know some one think the same on him .

I've read articles here for many years and never saw people mention Grant, like you said for some how he slipped under the radar , and he had one more storyline before he left with his sister that used drugs

Edited by Dan F
Please use capital letters as per forum rules

• Dan F changed the title to Grant Mitchell - Craig McLachlan

Perhaps Grant Mitchell is more remembered for beating people up in the East End. Lol. The oldest soap joke in the book I think.

He was a good character but was just Henry Ramsay in Summer Bay. Grant had a sister Kim I think. Imagine if Grant's mother was bought into H&A and was called Peggy lol.

He could be a relative of Casey Mitchell.

• 2 years later...
On 06/08/2016 at 10:01, Homeandawayfan. said:

Perhaps Grant Mitchell is more remembered for beating people up in the East End. Lol. The oldest soap joke in the book I think.

He was a good character but was just Henry Ramsay in Summer Bay. Grant had a sister Kim I think. Imagine if Grant's mother was bought into H&A and was called Peggy lol.

He could be a relative of Casey Mitchell.

??

Why was he written out? 

• 1 year later...
On 21/04/2019 at 03:55, Summer's Bay said:

Why was he written out? 

He probably asked to be written out. If you look at what he was doing at the time, Home and Away was never going to hold him for long. He was still making music with his band and on the verge of moving to London to appear in West End musicals. Then he was in Bugs (had forgotten about that BBC TV series).

On 05/07/2020 at 10:03, cymbaline said:

He probably asked to be written out. If you look at what he was doing at the time, Home and Away was never going to hold him for long. He was still making music with his band and on the verge of moving to London to appear in West End musicals. Then he was in Bugs (had forgotten about that BBC TV series).

I also think the producers were trying to find that "hunk" to be the face of the show since Frank left, and it didnt appear to work out so giving Craig backgroundstrylines until his contract expired made sense. I read in one of the home and away books that it was supposed to be Phillip taking, but that didnt work out either and they killed him off.

• Like 1

I liked him on H&A too and feel he was underused. He never had a killer storyline as such, did he? I found his romance with the cop a bit tiresome tbh.  According to Wikipedia "The serial's producers tempted McLachlan with a contract that would allow him to also concentrate on his music career while filming". Wikipedia isn't always the most reliable source but it might explain some of why he never got any killer storylines really. I liked him and Bobby together and think it would've been nice to put those two together. She has more chemistry with him than with Greg and they were fun together. 

So who was H&A's next hunk who fell into that age bracket?

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/07/2020 at 21:19, cymbaline said:

I liked him on H&A too and feel he was underused. He never had a killer storyline as such, did he? I found his romance with the cop a bit tiresome tbh.  According to Wikipedia "The serial's producers tempted McLachlan with a contract that would allow him to also concentrate on his music career while filming". Wikipedia isn't always the most reliable source but it might explain some of why he never got any killer storylines really. I liked him and Bobby together and think it would've been nice to put those two together. She has more chemistry with him than with Greg and they were fun together. 

So who was H&A's next hunk who fell into that age bracket?

I wonder if that was the plan. She did a photo shoot with him, and I assumed that something was going to happen with them. However, she was nowhere to be seen when he was leaving which leads me to believe the decision for him to go had already been made.