Steven's second stint as a regular

adam436

I actually hadn't even thought of his stint as short, possibly because to me he was a new character at the time even though I was vaguely aware of the history.A lot of characters only did a year or so around that time.He did pop in and out for a bit afterwards, the whole wedding with Selina was actually during one of his later guest stints.The England episode was basically his and Irene's reconciliation, she'd kind of gritted her teeth and gone along with the wedding for Selina's sake but that was the first time she actually gave them her blessing.

During the kidnapping Saul made Selina realise that she wasn't ready to settle down and she found the strength to finally stand on her own. She kept fleeting from one guy to the next and realised she had to do a bit of souls searching before committing. So travel was the answer for her but she wanted to do it alone to be in the place that Steven was already at. So they were more equal partners.  Although Saul had been dreadful to her she felt that what a lot of what her was talking to her about in his last stint made sense. Chloe suggested she might have Stockholm syndrome. 

^ That was weird when she woke up and saw Jesse's face, then Stevo's face then Saul's. 1997 seemed like H&A's last hurrah for a while (Next few years were mixed)  But weird in a good way sort of like how mid-late 1996 was pure WTFness but this made some sense in a bizzare way.

TBF, Selina was with Jesse for about a year (Her longest relationship).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived