Steven's second stint as a regular

adam436

Does anyone know what happened with Steven's stint as a regular. It seemed very short and forgettable. Was Adam not happy to stick around longer or was he written out? I remember he came and went a few times in 1995-1997.

With Pippa leaving in 1998, it would have been good to see him get married and take over Summer Bay House as "the next generation", which Sally ended up doing in 2004.

I don't think it was forgettable at all. The storyline with Dodge and then the teacher/student affair with Selina were both huge storylines at the time.

I actually really liked the idea of Steven and Marilyn as a couple. I remember they went on a date or two, but decided it wasn't meant to be.

Maybe I just consider it "forgettable" because it was underwhelmingly short - just over a year if I remember correctly. I don't remember the Dodge storyline (only the original 1989 one), but I do remember the stuff with Selina and briefly dating Marilyn.

As I've said, I think it's a shame he didn't stay longer and move into Summer Bay House instead of Travis and Rebecca. It also would have given Sally some family, who was left on her own after Pippa left. I wonder if that was the original intention of the character, as IIRC, his final appearance was not long before Pippa left.

It would have been totally out of character for Steven to move to the caravan park, run that and foster. Steven was an ambitious man. Also loved Selina who would not have been satisfied with just that. That type of role suited Travis much better. And I like the fact Sally was left on her own. It gave the character. A new strength and interest seeing her cope without Pippa's  support network. 

I also remember the wedding storyline with Steven and Selina which took a very unexpected turn.

I remember he had a rocky relationship with Irene. Firstly with the Dodge situation  and then the Selina situation. I remember being surprised to see them on friendly terms in the England episode. Maybe they'd patched things up beforehand and I'd forgotten.

Yeah I have some pretty good memories of his 2nd stint I think that one is more memorable than his first I always hoped they would bring back Sandra Barlow during this or another apperance he made or at least got them together off screen I always liked the 2 of them together

On 04/08/2016 at 9:39 PM, beau_t said:

I also remember the wedding storyline with Steven and Selina which took a very unexpected turn.

I remember the scene where Saul kidnapped Selina very vividly as Irene raced back inside to answer the phone, leaving Selina on her own, but I can't remember why they didn't just reschedule the wedding when she was found? Can anyone fill me in?

I also remember the wedding being the first time we saw Carly since leaving in 1991.

Archived