Marry Me?

Suzza101

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Thank you, Kristen and Helena for your comments it means a lot. 

Chapter 67

Kyle and Haley are sitting on Kyle's bed watching the end of The Notebook when there is a knock on the door. 

"Yea?" Kyle asks as he pauses the movie. He hopes he gets pulled away to do something. He can't stand this movie. 

"Hey mate, is it all good if we talk. It’s really important?” Brax asks as he opens the door and sees his little brother lying on the bed with his girlfriend. 

“Yea, I’ll be back soon babe and then we are watching Batman.” Kyle says and starts to follow his brother when he is stopped by the sound of his girlfriends voice. 

“What is it with you and Batman? He doesn’t even have superpowers.” Haley laughs. 

“He’s still awesome, besides he’s got gadgets!” Kyle argues completely forgetting that his brother wants to talk to him. 

“So Superman can fly and Batman has gadgets. Wow!” Haley says, smirking at her boyfriend. 

“There’s more to it than that!” Kyle argues. 

Brax rolls his eyes, this two are exhausting. 

“Come on Romeo.” He huffs and pulls his brother into the lounge leaves Haley laughing.

When he gets to the lounge Kyle sees all his brothers, Caleb and his foster dad. 

“Umm what’s going on?” He asks. They are all looking at him and it’s quite nerve wrecking.  

“We’re going to find Jake and the others. And we’re going to make them pay.” Brax says and Kyle immediately rolls his eyes.

”We tried the cops, it didn’t work!” Kyle argues. Why are they bothering? 

“We’re not going to the police Kyle, we’re going to make sure that they leave.” Heath exclaims. 

“You know that they are never going to do that right?” Kyle huffs. There is no way that they will leave. 

“Oh they will, they are going to be severely outnumbered!” Heath says smirking. 

“Huh? There are six of us, six of them. How will we put number them?” Kyle asks. How could they get those numbers so wrong. 

“We have the River Boys.” Brax says. 

“But they don’t know me, and I was never apart of their gang.” Kyle says shrugging. How could the River Boys help if he isn’t one of them. 

“Kylie, you’re our little brother! We told them to help us out and we didn’t take no for an answer because we want you to be able to feel safe again, and we won’t you to get better.” Heath smiles and ruffles Kyle’s hair. 

“Thanks.” Kyle beams. It means so much to him that the boys went to their gang that he had nothing to do with and got them to help him with this. 

“It’s all good mate, it’s our job to protect you.” Brax laughs and puts his arms around Kyle’s neck. 

Suddenly the door opens and three river boys walk in. Kyle immediately recognises one. 

“Taylor.” He smiles. He remembers the day that Taylor had saved his butt after he got in an argument with the two guys in a pub all those weeks ago after Phoebe had turned down his proposal. That really meant a lot to him and so does this. 

“Hey Kyle, this is Lincoln and Paul. The others will meet us later, once we tell them where to meet.” 

“Nice to meet you mate, I’m Paul. Heaths told me heaps about you. He’s says your awesome.” Paul says as he holds his hand out for Kyle to shake. 

“Really?” Kyle laughs. “When did he tell you that?” He asks as he shakes Paul’s hand. 

“About a year ago. He says that you got a good head on ya and that you’re a sick guitar player.” Paul smiles.  

“You said that? All that time ago? You told your River Boy mates that I was awesome?” Kyle gasps as he turns back to his older brother. 

Heath shrugs lightly. “You are, I tease you all the time but I think you’re awesome. I could never do books as well as you do or play guitar as well as you do.” Heath shrugs. 

Kyle can’t help but smile. His older brother thought that he was awesome all that time ago and he had told his friends that he thought he is awesome. 

“He’s right about you being a pretty boy as well.” Lincoln shrugs lightly, this causes the whole room to burst out laughing. 

“Yea sounds about right.” Kyle says. 

Heath comes up behind him. “See Kyle, no matter how much I tease you, I think you’re awesome. Now we need to get rid of these guys so that you can see yourself as awesome again.” Heath explains. 

Kyle awkwardly ruffles the back of this head. “I’ve never seen myself as awesome.” He admits.

”Well we will make sure that you will soon.” Paul smiles. 

Caleb comes up behind Kyle and wraps his arms around him in a bear hug. 

“I think you’re awesome Kyle.” He laughs as he squeezes Kyle. 

“Thanks Cal.” Kyle says as he is being squished by his foster brother. 

“Right, lets get this done.” Brax orders as they all walk out of the door. With Paul giving Kyle a reassuring pat on the shoulder. 

“Kyle text Phoebe and say that you are going to meet them on the beach.” Brax explains and then turns around and looks at the frightened look on his brothers face in fact, everyone does.  

“Don’t worry. We will be there, we just need to trick them.” Paul explains. 

“Okay?” Kyle smiles and sends a text to Phoebe. He then follows the others out of the house. 

Phoebes phone lights up and she sees a contact come up that she never thought she’d see again. She reads the message and raises her eyebrows. Kyle must have a death wish. 

“Baby?” She yells. Jake comes into the room not long after and Phoebe immediately hands him her phone. 

Meet me at at the beach in twenty minutes. 

“Boys! We’re going!” He yells as the boys all come into the room. “Let’s finish this.” Jake laughs evilly and they all walk out the door. Little did Jake know that the Braxton’s have many contacts and they no longer have the upper hand. 

• 2 months later...

Thank you, Kristen and Helena  for your comments it means a lot. I can’t believe it took me so long to update! Honestly this year has gone so fast!

Chapter 68

Kyle is standing on the beach shuffling his feet. He knows that his family and the river boys are right there but he still doesn’t feel safe. 

”Oi Kylie!” Jake yells. Him and all of his boys are coming towards Kyle.

Kyles stomach drops and he immediately feels sick. As soon as Jake reaches him he grabs him by the throat and pulls him in close. 

”I’ve been waiting for this moment for so long Braxton!” Jake laughs as Issac comes behind Kyle and pulls his arms back hard causing him to squeal lightly. 

”Get your hands off him!” Brax snarls from behind him. Carter turns around and sees ten guys walking towards them. 

”Ahh Jake.” He says.

”What!?” Jake snarls. “I’m enjoying this!” He tightens his grip on Kyle’s throat. 

Clark and Billy look to the left and see thirteen guys. 

”We have a problem!” Billy yells. There was already twenty three and he hoped there wouldn’t be anymore. 

Phoebe looks to the right and sees Brax, Heath, Casey, Andy, Josh, Caleb and two other river boys she doesn’t know of. 

”Babe, they aren’t kidding.” She blurts out. 

Jake let’s go of Kyle and looks in all the directions. They were severely outnumbered. Issac keeps ahold of Kyle’s arms though and makes him yell in pain as his arm twists in an uncomfortable position. 

”Let him go!” Heath barks. He can see the pain on his brothers face. 

Jake swallows lightly, trying to figure out what to do. All his cockiness had gone away. 

”Give him back right now! Or we will beat up up and then take him ourselves.” Brax snarls. 

”Take him time the water.” Jake whispers, finding a way to get his cockiness back. ”How about Kylie goes for a swim.” 

”No!” Caleb yells. 

Issac pushes Kyle’s head under the water and holds it there. 

”Now, you better leave or Ossac will continue to hold his head there until you do.” Jake laughs. 

Brax chuckles at the and punches Billy in the side of his face knocking him out instantly. “One down.” 

Two river boys come behind Carter and work together to take him down.

”Two.” Heath says. He looks over at Kyle who he can hear screaming. It makes him feel sick.

Casey and Paul take down Clark. “Three.” 

Caleb stands behind Phoebe and makes sure she doesn’t go anywhere. 

Suddenly all of the River Boys are walking towards Jake. 

”Issac, let him go.” Jake yells. Issac lets go of Kyle who starts spluttering. Thankfully he is alive. 

”Alright so what’s going to happen?” Jake asks. He doesn’t like surrendering but what choice does he have. It only took four of them to take three of his boys down. He didn’t want to think about what they all would do. 

”You’re going to go to the police and tell them that Kyle told the truth and that you did all the things he said you did and then you go to jail.” Brax snarls. He can’t believe what a coward this guy is. He beat up Kyle all throughout high school. He let his friends get beaten up but when it comes to him. He decides to back down. 

”And if we don’t?” Issac asks.

”you want to end up unconscious to!” Heath yells. 

”Fine!” Jake yells. He then looks at Phoebe and sighs lightly. “But leave her out of it.” 

Kyle pushes himself up and looks at his family with pain in his eyes, after all she did to him, she’s going to walk away? 

”No way! She raped him!” Heath bellows. Making sure to be loud.

”Cause I told her to. Look I admit. I beat him, bullied him, belittled him and yes raped him. Then I made her do it as well, I take full responsibility!” Jake snarls. As much as people see him as heartless, he loved Phoebe more than anything. 

Kyle drops his head. Now all the River Boys know everything. 

”Well unfortunately for you, Mark here is in training to be a police officer and he’s got a little tiny microphone strapped to him, so you just admitted that Phoebe did hurt Kyle and you will all be going away.” Brax smiles lightly. “Now give me my brother!”

”Go!” Jake screams at Kyle. “Just enjoy us in your dreams nerd! I’ll be thinking of you in mine.” 

Kyle walks over to his family and is immediately pulled into a hug by Heath. Just then the police show up.

”You okay mate. You breathing okay?” Heath asks, worried for his little brother who he knows has an issue with water.

”Yea, I did a trick I learnt years ago. I just remembered that the fresh air was close and that I would be able to get it eventually.” Kyle shrugs. 

Caleb comes from behind Kyle and hugs him. “It’s over Ky. It’s finally over.”

“Thanks Cal, I couldn’t ask for a better best friend slash future brother in law.” Kyle smiles. 

”Me either Ky.” 

Jake Lyon, Issac Jamison, Carter Manes, Clark Reeves Billy Dawes and Phoebe Nicholson you are all under arrest for the assault, rape and attempted murder of Kyle Braxton.” Kat says as he and other cops cuff them all. Some having to pick up the unconscious bodies.

”I’ll let the fact that you knocked them unconscious pass as it’s our fault for not listening but no more.” Emerson explains.

Kat walks past Kyle and can’t help but feel guilty. She didn’t believe him and it turned out to be all true. She will have to make it up to him, once she’s out of uniform.

All of the brothers join the hug. Until Kyle pulls away. ”Thank you.” He smiles. Then turns to look at the River Boys. “All of you.”

”Hey Brax, is he joining the river boys now?” One asks.

”No!” Heath and Brax both yell, there is no way that they are putting Kyle in even the slightest bit of danger.

”They’re going to be babying you now.” Casey chuckles and he ruffles Kyle’s hair.

Kyle just rolls his eyes, he knows that they are going to be over protective for a while. But he gets that. The nightmares will still come, he still isn’t eating much and sadly he still can’t sleep with his girlfriend without freaking out. So if he has to be baby sat for just a little while, that’s alright with him. 

Maybe two or three more chapter to go. I’ll see how I go. :) 

I also know that the Braxton’s wouldn’t get off for knocking those guys unconscious. But it’s a fanfic so I thought it would be alright ?

• 2 months later...

Thank you, Kristen and Helena  for your comments it means a lot. 

Chapter 69

Kyle walks into the house and is immediately pulled into a hug by Haley. “Baby!” She smiles.she then pulls back slightly.  “Baby you’re all wet...” she frowns with worry. “Why’s he all wet?” She glares at the boys. 

“I can answer that.” Kyle interjects, annoyed that his girlfriend asked the boys why he was all wet and not him.

”You stay out of this.... Caleb why’s he all wet?” She asks again. 

”i was only.... ow!” Kyle starts only to be hit by Haley. she doesn’t want to hear it from him, she wanted to hear it from her brother. 

”I told you to shut up.” Haley glares. 

”Look Issac had him under water for like a minute, he’s okay.” Caleb explains and looks at Kyle who is rolling his eyes. 

”You didn’t tell me?” She yells at Kyle. 

”I just walked in the door!” Kyle yells back. 

”You’ve been back for a minute! You should have told me right away!” Haley barks at her boyfriend. 

”oh I’m sorry. Next time I’ll walk in and say ‘hey baby guess what! My former bullies nearly drowned me today. Wanna coffee.” Kyle huffs and stares at his girlfriend. He knew that she is worried but frankly he thinks she’s over reacting. 

Haley lowers her head, okay she was over reacting, but she was worried. 

”I’m sorry.” Haley whispers. “I’m just worried about you baby! So how’d it go?” 

“They’re gone.” Kyle grins.. “it’s over.”

”Baby!” Haley smiles and pulls him into another hug. “Baby that’s incredible... Mum! Dad!” She yells as she steps away from her boyfriend. 

”Hey kids! Is it over?” She asks. She looks at Kyle who nods and smiles. “Yes!! My little baby boy!” She grins and quickly walks over to Kyle and kisses him over and over again on the face. 

”Mummm!” Kyle moans lightly. He knows his Mum is happy but he really doesn’t want to be kissed over and over again by his Mum. 

”Shut up you.” Pip laughs as she gives her boy one last kiss on the cheek. “It’s over sweetheart, now we need to focus on getting you back to normal.” 

”Starting with group counselling. Come on, there’s one in an hour I’ll drive you.” Marcus smiles as he pulls his boy into a hug and kisses the top of his head. 

Kyle turns to his brothers slightly embarrassed but none of them are even laughing. They all just look happy.

”Okay, I’ll go.” Kyle smiles. Now that his tormentors are gone. He feels more free to talk about it.

“Okay so go have a shower and get dry.” Marcus orders as he runs a hand through his sons hair.

”Okay.” Kyle replies and he runs upstairs. Marcus turns around and shakes his head.

”Well that’s a good sign.” 

Kyle runs down the stairs and straight away goes for Haley. “Wanna come?” He asks. He would love it if his girlfriend could be there with him when he was at counselling.

”Why wanna show them that a nerd like you can get a beauty like me?” Haley grins up at Kyle smirking. She knows that he knows that she’s kidding.

”Hey, I’m adorable.” Kyle smirks.

”i think you mean a-dork-able.” Haley says and then burst out laughing.

”Oh you’re are hilarious! My sides hurt.” Kyle smirks and kisses her on the cheek. “So wanna come?” He asks again and looks down on her with big puppy dog eyes.

”I think this is something that you should do alone baby. Besides you need to be strong and having me there will make you more comfortable but it won’t always be that way because sometimes I won’t be there and you will have to talk about it.” Haley rambles, she has to find a way to get out of this.

”Huh?” Heath asks, he didn’t understand that.

”Don’t  worry I understand.” Kyle grins and pulls her in for a passionate kiss. “I love you.” He whispers in her ear.

”Love you too.”

”You’re both adorkable!” Heath huffs and pulls his brother away

”See you soon baby.” Haley smiles and waves at her boyfriend as he walks out the door. 

Kyle walks into the room and immediately sees Beau. 

”Hey mate.” He smiles and walk over to him.

”Hey Kylie.” Beau smirks. “You seem happy.”

”I was until you called me Kyle.” Kyle chuckles and puts on a fake annoyed face.

”Sorrrry.” Beau grins. “So how’s things...you feeling okay?” He asks with a more serious look on his face.

”Yea I’m okay.... They got arrested.” Kyle grins, he can’t stop smiling it’s so great to feel free.

”That’s awesome dude!” Beau grins. He then awkwardly looks up at Kyle. “So how’s that gorgeous friend of yours?” He asks cheekily.

”Single.” Kyle smirks back at Beau. “And might I mention keen on you.”

”I’m asking for a friend.” Beau smirks.

”Sure you are.” Kyle smiles and then turns to Beau he had a serious question to ask now.

”Have you slept with anyone since Tyler?”

”No, why?”

”I’m having trouble sleeping with my girlfriend. I want to... But I can’t.” Kyle sighs.

”You will bro, just give it time.... and put in a good word with Caleb will ya.” Beau smiles.

“I’ll try, but I’m a bad liar.” Kyle grins.

”Funny.” Beau replies.

Haley is pacing up and down and holding her phone.

”I just don’t think that he’s ready for it yet, sure they are gone but he’s still hurting.” Caleb sighs rubbing the back of his head.

”Caleb they’re family.”

“Yeah but then we will have Jazmin, Theo, Kevin, Oliver, Belle, Jacob. Plus all of their partners. Plus Jazmin has two kids, Theo has one and so does Kevin. That’s a lot for Kyle to deal with.” Caleb sighs.

”Woah, you’ve got a big family!” Heath gasps.

”Yea well Jazmin and Eric have twins, Sky and Louie. Kevin and Melissa have little Mark and Theo and Annabelle have Becky. Plus Oliver’s fiancée Ashley is pregnant with twins and they are both going to be boys. They’re planning to call one Kyle and the other name is to be decided. Oliver thought Kyle was the coolest guy ever. They got on really well.” Caleb explains.

”So wait, we will have sixteen people here.” Heath gasps. “Caleb’s right that might be too much for Kyle to handle.”

Suddenly Haley’s phone beeps. “That might be a problem.” She sighs but can’t help but smile.

”Why?”

”They are about the board the plane.”

”They’re what?!” The boys all yell. They aren’t too sure how Kyle will handle this. In less than three hours Kyle will have his whole family here, they all just look at each other and hope it’s not too soon,” 

Archived