Things they could have done with old characters

beau_t

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
On July 8, 2016 at 08:58, beau_t said:

I was watching some early 1989 episodes and it occurred to me it's a shame Bobby's old adversary Alison Patterson was never mentioned again (until 2000, longer after Bobby died). How awesome would it have been if Greg's affair had been with Alison, instead of creating the character of Fiona?

It got me thinking of other characters they could have re-used instead of bringing in new ones.

Sally's boyfriend circa 97 (Tim) should have been Mullet. Or even instead of creating Flynn they should have made him Mullet. (I could see both the guy who played Tim and Martin Dingle-Wall as believable grown-up versions of Mullet).

Can anyone think of any others?

I like this idea.

On July 11, 2016 at 17:02, Homeandawayfan. said:

Had Alison Patterson return in 2005 with a 16 year old son who Alison says was the result of a brief fling she had with Frank just before she left Summer Bay in February 1989, as a secret revenge tactic on her arch rival Bobby. She had got him drunk (off-screen of course, and the revelation comes out in 2005). Thus ensuring her bitchy personality all the more.

I like this idea a lot however it should've happened just before Frank left, he was at the yabbie creek RSL, drinking and bumped into Alison.

On 7/8/2016 at 22:58, beau_t said:

It got me thinking of other characters they could have re-used instead of bringing in new ones.

Sally's boyfriend circa 97 (Tim) should have been Mullet. Or even instead of creating Flynn they should have made him Mullet. (I could see both the guy who played Tim and Martin Dingle-Wall as believable grown-up versions of Mullet).

Can anyone think of any others?

I remember hearing an interview with the guy who played Tim and he said that his character was basically to transition Sally to adult story lines. In the context of that, being Mullet wouldn't have worked as it maintained a link to her childhood. Mullet could have grown another love interest and it would have been cool if the Flynn story lines had happened with a grown up Mullet.

• 2 weeks later...

Could Celia have been reunited with her fiancé? From what I remember he simply didn't return from the war, so what if he was actually missing all those years and not actually dead?

I would have loved to see a slow-burn (i.e. 2-3 years) where Morag and Bobby accept each other as mother and daughter. 

I also feel like Lynn could have been used as a vehicle for introducing future foster children as she got older as her parents repeat the same mistakes with them.

13 hours ago, adam436 said:

Could Celia have been reunited with her fiancé? From what I remember he simply didn't return from the war, so what if he was actually missing all those years and not actually dead?

I would have loved to see a slow-burn (i.e. 2-3 years) where Morag and Bobby accept each other as mother and daughter. 

I also feel like Lynn could have been used as a vehicle for introducing future foster children as she got older as her parents repeat the same mistakes with them.

I agree. Good ideas. I initially thought the Bobby character was never meant to have a happy ending, she just settle however, if Nicolle had decided to stay, I imagine Morag and Bobby would've eventually had some kind of relationship.

2 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

They could have kept Alan Fisher on so that him and Bobby found they were half siblings. Same father, but their mothers Barbara and Morag were sisters so Alan and Bobby were cousins as well as half siblings. Their half aunt is Colleen, making Lance their half cousin.

I have been thinking about this. I assume ultimately the goal was for them to be half siblings however, Bobby was starting to fall for Alan because she was accepting there would never be anything between her and Frank. I can imagine Alan and Bobby rushing off somewhere to get married because Alan has little time due to the aneurysm.

On 27/12/2017 at 02:26, Summer's Bay said:

I have been thinking about this. I assume ultimately the goal was for them to be half siblings however, Bobby was starting to fall for Alan because she was accepting there would never be anything between her and Frank. I can imagine Alan and Bobby rushing off somewhere to get married because Alan has little time due to the aneurysm.

Would have made an interesting storyline. Then Home and Away probably would have had Alan die either just before or just after the wedding 

Archived