Hunted (by Ludub) - comments

I would say I felt sorry for Kat but I would be lying. :lol: and now she goes off to prison still thinking Hunter's not a bad kid :wink: Nothing better than having a mastermind psycho very clever of him to plan all this.. Hunter just has this feel of Norman Bates about him for me. Well he did untill he became boring in the show.

Loved Hunter and Leah's lines about Evie being beautiful. Nobody has a clue what Hunter is really like what a bunch of utter twits.

Throughout this story I have been feeling quite sorry for Andy and I have never felt that for him on the show, so well done there.

I really enjoy the way you write all the gruesome scenes too given your not really a fan of horror. You pull it off well :lol: You wrote how dark each chapter was at the start of each, and yes they were,but mostly I found them funny :D

Thanks for writing this its got to be one of my favourites on here.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pembie said:

I would say I felt sorry for Kat but I would be lying. :lol: and now she goes off to prison still thinking Hunter's not a bad kid :wink: Nothing better than having a mastermind psycho very clever of him to plan all this.. Hunter just has this feel of Norman Bates about him for me. Well he did untill he became boring in the show.

Loved Hunter and Leah's lines about Evie being beautiful. Nobody has a clue what Hunter is really like what a bunch of utter twits.

Throughout this story I have been feeling quite sorry for Andy and I have never felt that for him on the show, so well done there.

I really enjoy the way you write all the gruesome scenes too given your not really a fan of horror. You pull it off well :lol: You wrote how dark each chapter was at the start of each, and yes they were,but mostly I found them funny :D

Thanks for writing this its got to be one of my favourites on here.

Awww! Thanks Pembie! :wub:

So glad you enjoyed it! Like I said above, it's been so much fun to write. My other stories have been a lot more serious and sincere but to be fair Blind Sided also had a psychopathic murderer in it, and Harmony is very very dark. As I said, I don't really watch horror films, but my stories have a way of leaning in that direction! Haha! :ph34r: Hunted kind of brought elements of those other stories together but made them funny! I never thought I'd be able to write comedy, but it was a lot of fun, so I'm going to give it a go with the next one! Thanks so much for reading! x

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ZacxLeah said:
9 hours ago, pembie said:

Hunter just has this feel of Norman Bates about him for me. Well he did untill he became boring in the show.

I wanted to post that, but I've only seen snippets of Bates Motel, I'm glad someone else spotted that :lol:

I've never seen Bates Motel. Worth watching?

3 hours ago, ZacxLeah said:

Yeah. I think so. I watch it more for Vera Farmiga (Norma Bates) :wub: than Norman Bates. :lol: He's psycho, they BOTH are. :lol:

3 hours ago, Ludub said:

I've never seen Bates Motel. Worth watching?

Last season next year. But it should be a good one. Hopefully it leaves off where the movie picks up

I don't know if your like it Ludub it might seem abit slow but I like it. Each season is only ten episodes so it's a easy watch more so from some of these shows that run for 23 episodes. 

Anyhow I will keep a eye out for any other stories you might write. Really enjoyed this one.

• Like 2

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to Hunted (by Ludub) - comments
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow :o No more "Saw" movies for you!! Or, if you haven't seen them, go watch them all immediately (consecutively!! That's very important!!) because you will LOVE them! (Ok no one likes the 7th and we all wish it never existed but it does and it's the "final chapter" so just try to get through it as best you can.) I swear I was picturing one of the doomed cops from that series when Kat entered the warehouse... *shudder.*

You lured me in with promises of psycho Hunter and you did not disappoint!! But I have to be honest, I enjoyed Andy's descent into madness the most. I could picture every vivid moment of it, and the ghosts were amazing. I am actually quite angry after having read this that they didn't do something like this with Oscar and Hannah's ghosts - what a waste!! (Well maybe not the creepy-sex stuff for a PG show lol). 

Poor, poor Josh... Not pretty anymore?!  But pretty is all he had!! :( At least you didn't mention his hair. I'm going to choose to believe that Hunter DIDN'T pull it out strand by glorious strand, because that would just be TOO distressing for me.

I know I told you I'd read this tomorrow, but I ended up wanting to watch something late on TV so I had a couple of hours to kill before hand. I really, really wish I had've waited until tomorrow. I am ALONE in this house! Thanks for the nightmares!! (If I sleep at all lol.)

WELL DONE!! :D

PS: OMG THE SONG THAT DOESN'T END HAHAHA!!! :D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, emmasi said:

Wow :o No more "Saw" movies for you!! Or, if you haven't seen them, go watch them all immediately (consecutively!! That's very important!!) because you will LOVE them! (Ok no one likes the 7th and we all wish it never existed but it does and it's the "final chapter" so just try to get through it as best you can.) I swear I was picturing one of the doomed cops from that series when Kat entered the warehouse... *shudder.*

You lured me in with promises of psycho Hunter and you did not disappoint!! But I have to be honest, I enjoyed Andy's descent into madness the most. I could picture every vivid moment of it, and the ghosts were amazing. I am actually quite angry after having read this that they didn't do something like this with Oscar and Hannah's ghosts - what a waste!! (Well maybe not the creepy-sex stuff for a PG show lol). 

Poor, poor Josh... Not pretty anymore?!  But pretty is all he had!! :( At least you didn't mention his hair. I'm going to choose to believe that Hunter DIDN'T pull it out strand by glorious strand, because that would just be TOO distressing for me.

I know I told you I'd read this tomorrow, but I ended up wanting to watch something late on TV so I had a couple of hours to kill before hand. I really, really wish I had've waited until tomorrow. I am ALONE in this house! Thanks for the nightmares!! (If I sleep at all lol.)

WELL DONE!! :D

PS: OMG THE SONG THAT DOESN'T END HAHAHA!!! :D

No, I've never seen SAW. Never really watched many horror films to be honest so it's strange that I was able to write this at all. Maybe that's more worrying?! :unsure::blink: 

Really enjoyed writing it though, especially writing Andy's 'cray cray' scenes haha! Oscar was particularly fun to write as a tormentor. I do think the show could have done something like this (albeit massively sanitised for daytime viewing). Such a pity!

I actually felt a bit sick writing Josh's final scene because I've always loved him (and his very pretty face).  Poor guy! :(

Sorry for the nightmares! Haha!

• Like 2

Ohhh you MUST watch Saw. DO NOT LISTEN to people who tell you it's nothing but gore. That's what I did for years because I don't like pointless gratuitous violence either. I thought that's all it was so I watched the 2nd one under sufferance at a friend's place and I hated it because, out of context, it IS just gore, but IN context... Oh my god...

I always feel super creepy being SO into these movies lol but the twists!! The twists I tell you!!! I even tell people to fast forward the gory bits if you have to, because that is so not what it's about (well it is, but there are reasons). The first movie doesn't even have many gory bits, it's 95% psychological. You can (and should!!) watch that one without getting your eyes too bloody. But if you like that, and you decide to take the journey... Oh my god... 

This is the second conversation (sermon?) I've had like this about Saw within a week lol. I swear I should be getting a cut of the royalties :P Or at least looking over my shoulder for the men in white coats...

Seriously though, this fic reads exactly like a Saw script and it is AWESOME!! You even built an original "Saw trap" for Andy (i.e. a tough psychological choice with even tougher physiological consequences) and you didn't know it! How cool is that?? :D

Another great movie is "Se7en," but do NOT get me started on the similarities... Let's just say, if you like Se7en, there's a REALLY good chance you will like Saw. I see it as a loving tribute that takes things way too far... And they're already too far in Se7en so... yeah o.o

Having said ALL of that, I get that reading and writing dark stuff is very different to seeing it acted out by actual living breathing humans, even when you know it's all fake. I just don't want you to make the same mistake I did :P

• Like 2

4 hours ago, emmasi said:

Seriously though, this fic reads exactly like a Saw script and it is AWESOME!! You even built an original "Saw trap" for Andy (i.e. a tough psychological choice with even tougher physiological consequences) and you didn't know it! How cool is that?? :D

I do love se7en. That I've seen (a long time ago). I think I've seen the odd clip from SAW and just written it off as completely revolting and gratuitous violence, and never even given it another thought. I have to say, I'm a little frightened to watch them though, because elements of Se7en have stayed with me over the years and I think I might be slightly scarred from them, lol! Someone made me watch The Human Centipede once (no-one should ever watch that under any circumstances. Not ever!) and that has sort of put me off 'those' sort of films entirely. But, you make a good argument so I might pull myself together and give them a chance.

So glad you liked it and enjoyed Andy's dilemma. Interesting that it's like a 'saw trap' because it was just an idea that popped into my head. Andy has always been a very loyal brother and would pretty much do anything for Josh (even if he's always made an almighty mess of things, his intentions have usually been good) so I just thought it would be interesting to make him choose. Not wanting to let Josh die alone (obviously not aware that Josh was dead already). It's a pity it's not more original I guess, but I suppose everyone is influenced by something else... Ideas don't just come out of nowhere, even when you think they have.

Edited by Ludub