Would anyone like Mary to have stayed for longer?.

j.laur5

7 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I think to a point the character had run her course.It did seem to come to a head rather suddenly, with Alf suddenly fed up enough to pay her off when she only seems to have been around about three days, and I do wonder if it was curtailed because Ray Meagher's leave caught them by surprise.But if the ending of the storyline was already decided, there was only so long you could have had her hanging around coming up with excuses to stay with the Stewarts and annoying Alf in a fake well-meaning way.It was slightly unresolved though and it might have been interesting to have her come back a few months down the track, perhaps claiming to have had a change of heart and paying the Stewarts back and leaving everyone wondering whether or not they could trust her.

But knowing Ailsa she would let Mary say for quite while  if was not for Alf!.

On 4 June 2016 at 7:07 PM, Old H&A Fan said:

I note Sgt Hail said she was under a number of other aliases. He could have showed Alf and Alsa her Prisoner mugshot. He forgot 2 of those aliases: Jean Carter and Nola McKenzie, and that she was wanted in WA for killing a police officer.

Lol as soon as I saw her I thought Nola's back! She must have faked her death, Bea's shot mustn't have worked.

Seriously though I found it such a pointless storyline. Really what did it achieve? I think that yes, it should have gone on longer, and she should have been caught by the police. It just completely fizzled away to nothing.

Archived