Which of the original cast would you like to have stayed longer?

adam436

I would like Floss to stay longer as she was always helping Pippa and its interesting because while  PTB felt there was no need for Floss and Neville but however in real life any foster parents would love having someone like Floss and Neville to help out and I bet offscreen there was times when Pippa said I really could really do with Floss's  help!.     

• 3 months later...
55 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Tom should have stayed, he could have been around for years to come.

Its funny I can very easily imagine Tom and Debra Pippa together but I cant imagine Vanessa Pippa  and Michael together.

In perfect world I would like Tom and Vanessa Pippa to stay and then in 1990 Debra Lawrence plays Debra Stewart and  arrives in Summer Bay married to Michael Ross and with there son Hayden.   

• 1 month later...

Ailsa should of stayed and probably still been there today, as said above her and Alf would of been the backbone to the show and maybe the show would of gone in a different direction than it has with the major spike in crime with more established older characters.

Celia- Again an older character that i think the show misses her departure was pretty early IMO especially with the lack of returns to a place she claims to love.

Lance & Martin-for the comedy the provided they gave us some great laugh's it was a shame it ended quite early I would of loved them to stay especially with Colleen being made a regular later on.

Bobby- Never should of been killed I would of loved for her to have stayed on the show It was great seeing her change and mature as the show went on but I think there was still along way for her to go as a character such a bad way for her to be killed off, it would of been great to see her get a little bit older and wiser on the show I can imagine her to be a little like Ailsa the older she got.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/10/2016 at 0:59 AM, Gazza said:

Lance & Martin-for the comedy the provided they gave us some great laugh's it was a shame it ended quite early I would of loved them to stay especially with Colleen being made a regular later on.

I would have preferred them over Matt and Adam. However I could only see them sticking around another year or two.

On 01/10/2016 at 0:59 AM, Gazza said:

Ailsa should of stayed and probably still been there today, as said above her and Alf would of been the backbone to the show and maybe the show would of gone in a different direction than it has with the major spike in crime with more established older characters.

Me too - I think she would have become a mother figure to Leah eventually too. If Ailsa had stuck around, I don't think Colleen would have lasted as long, as I don't think the show could have sustained three older women long-term (and personally, I'd prefer Ailsa). I am a little bit biased though. as Ailsa is pretty much my favourite character ever.

16 hours ago, adam436 said:

I would have preferred them over Matt and Adam. However I could only see them sticking around another year or two.

Me too - I think she would have become a mother figure to Leah eventually too. If Ailsa had stuck around, I don't think Colleen would have lasted as long, as I don't think the show could have sustained three older women long-term (and personally, I'd prefer Ailsa). I am a little bit biased though. as Ailsa is pretty much my favourite character ever.

Youare right because Ailsa and Irene were not only around longer as regulars, in Irene case,  but they were better  to use to TPTB as they were able to be a home to stray teens.  

On 20/10/2016 at 9:45 AM, adam436 said:

Well they did Pippa, Irene and Ailsa for about 5 years, but I agree that the show as it moved on post Sutherland era wouldn't have supported it.

Archived