A Target For Love

Thanks for all the support, sorry for taking so long to get this update.

Chapter Twenty One - Surprises and Speculation.

Leah had been in the bathroom for most of the morning, unwell, vomiting. She had put it down to the nerves of the bail hearing the first few times she crawled out of bed for the toilet to empty out her stomach. But now she was not sure if it was entirely that. But she still insisted it was. Zac had woken up after her fourth time getting back into bed, and she told him to not worry and head back to sleep. He had fallen back asleep but he felt the bed rise and dip for like the ninth time already and he sat up, "Are you okay?" 

"I just think I either ate something bad or it's nerves about the trial today, I don't know how much more I can take," spoke Leah.

"You're vomiting?" he asked. 

"Yeah. It's fine, I'll be fine by the trial. Get some more sleep, lovely." She kissed his cheek and gently shoved him back into the sheets. Before lying down herself.

-----

It was now seven, and Zac was down sorting out breakfast for the family. Leah had gotten up a few times after that, and he noticed it but felt like he shouldn't mention it again. Leah came and sat on one of the chairs in the dining room. "What's for breakfast?"

"Bacon, eggs and tomatoes." smiled Zac, "Good morning."

Leah cringed, "Can I just have some bacon and toast instead of the rest. Sounds foul to me." 

"Still not feeling well?" asked Zac from the kitchen.

"Just queasy at the thought of eggs and tomatoes, and the smell," she frowned trying not to breath the smell in. 

"I am sorry, I didn't think it'd bother you." Spoke Zac.

The phone went and Leah went and answered it, "Summer Bay Caravan Park, Leah speaking," 

"It's been pushed forward to nine? Why?" asked Leah.

"He's scared, right we'll be there." spoke Leah, hanging up.

"That was the magistrate, they've pushed Peter's bail hearing forward because he wants to know if he has bail or not, and present his case. You'll need to change your times with Greg," spoke Leah. Frustrated. 

"He's scared, he's a cop behind bars. That doesn't go down well, that's why they turned on me. Because I used to work there, and ones there remembered." explained Zac.

--------

VJ had been texting Holly for most of the night, they had been getting on great, but VJ was wary about her after everything she put Zac through when she was last here. The fact that Zac was his step-father, made things tricky. He didn't want to make Zac nervous in his own home, as last time Holly planted drugs on him. But she was actually kinda cool and VJ was VJ and wanted to give her a chance, they were meeting up for an English study session after school and to head to the beach for a surf too. 

"Hey, I will be late home after school, going to help Holly get caught up in English and go for a surf after, that okay?" he mainly looked at Zac. 

Zac shifted a little in his seat, "As long as it's English that you are discussing, I'm fine with it. I'm strictly banned from the conversation." 

Zac wanted the distance to remain, as he still felt quite uncomfortable with the thought of Holly mingling with his family.

"I get your nervous about her, but I think she's genuinely changed, Zac." spoke VJ. 

"You may think so, but I'm not ready to think so yet," spoke Zac. "Just a feeling, I have is all." 

As Hunter and the rest joined the table, "The bail hearing has been brought forward again, so you will have Snelgrove as your English teacher for second period. I should get there half way through, it depends on how much evidence and other things are needed for the bail to be denied." spoke Zac.

"Do you need to testify against him?" asked Hunter.

"Yes, and so does Leah," spoke Zac. 

"Where is mum?" asked VJ.

"In the bathroom, just give her some space she isn't feeling too well," spoke Zac as he dished up her toast and some bacon as she came back in the lounge.

"Morning kids," she sighed and smiled as Zac put her bacon and stuff down. 

"Thanks Zac," she kissed his cheek again and sat down starting her breakfast. 

-----------

Once everything was sorted, they dressed in their suit and dress and were sitting in court as Peter was brought in, Zac's anger rose as he saw how pale Peter was. He was going to beg for bail he could sense it. But Zac would make sure he wasn't. After the judge and jurors were about, the case was explained and a court official came over to Zac.

"Zac MacGuire, we request you up on the bench." 

Zac squeezed Leah's hand, she still wasn't feeling well but hadn't thrown up since arriving to court and was doing her best not too again. He sat down at the top. "My name's Zac MacGuire, I was kidnapped under his orders, I have no idea where I went. He took me away from Leah, scaring her. I can't imagine what else he'd do to others that wrong him. I was beaten, I struggle with walking to work because that's what I was doing when I was kidnapped. He hired someone who stabbed me while I was wrongly convicted and in prison earlier this year. He was willing to go to the intent on killing me, putting Leah through hell because he's jealous." 

Peter glared at him, trying to remain quiet. He wanted bail, he wanted to get back at Zac.

"My family was put through hell, and so was I. I was dizzy a lot, and he made me believe that I wasn't going to see them again. Do you have any idea what it was like to think that I wasn't going to see my wife again, my son, VJ, the rest of my family? He just thought of himself, because he loves Leah." 

Zac was agitated as he rejoined Leah, stroking her hand as she was brought up to the stands. "Peter has always been selfish, he has always been sitting on the fence when it came to the law, and he already when he was arrested, threatened that it wasn't over. And we know that he hired a very vulnerable student with a past connection to Zac to return to the bay, under threats to her mother for an unknown reason to try and get into his pants, because that's what happened last time. When Zac was kidnapped, it wasn't just me who was feeling the loss and the pain of him being gone. It was Hunter too, Zac's son. The thought of him losing his Dad so soon after his mother was unthinkable. The thought of me losing yet another husband, was too much. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't sleep in a bed where he wasn't there. I should have been with him! He was alone and he was scared!" she started to cry, "Why can't I just have my happiness? Dan died, I have moved on. Of course I loved him, and I still do. But Zac is my love now, I want to spend the rest of my life with him! Safe, happy!" 

She got up, "I'm gonna be sick!" she took off towards the bathroom and Zac followed, this was unusual and he was now worried. He followed her in and held her hair up, "We should go see Nate, this isn't nerves. It'd have settled by now." 

"I think so," spoke Leah. Sighing into the toilet. "I didn't get to finish my testimony." 

Leah came back out, and sat back down on the benches, as the jurors spoke, and decided. "I can't ignore the evidence, the clear disdain you have for Mr MacGuire and his family you have shown by your facial expressions today in court. For their safety and peace mind, also, the idea of a crooked cop being on the force scares me to the lengths you would go to harm people, using our law as tactics. Therefore bail is denied and you will be reprimanded to custody until trial. No appeal allowed." The judge stood up and walked out. 

Leah breathed out a sigh of relief, and hugged Zac, "I love you." 

"I love you too Leah, so much," he kissed her head. "Now we need to go to see Nate." 

-----------

Zac drove Leah to the hospital, "Nate! Leah's been throwing up since four this morning and she hasn't stopped." 

Nate came over and helped her onto a bed, "I will run some tests, and get the results for you!" 

Nate went and did the blood test, "It won't take long, twenty minutes, the lab are pretty quiet right now." 

"Thanks Nate," smiled Zac. "I'll ring Greg, tell him I won't be in."

"No, you will go in," spoke Leah, "I'll just go to bed, when I get home." 

--------

VJ and Hunter were at school sitting next to each other in English, "How do you think it went?" He whispered.

"I hope it went Dad and Leah's way, so they're safe." whispered Hunter. 

"Me too, he should be here soon." smiled VJ. 

------------

Nate came back with the results. 

"So guys, got some good news for you both." He grinned. Happy already for his two friends.

"What?" asked Leah. "What is it? It's food poisoning nothing to worry about?" 

"No, you're pregnant." smiled Nate. 

Leah's face fell, "Really?" 

Zac was smiling, but his face fell when he saw Leah's. His heart kind of breaking, "Oh." 

"No!" Leah grinned, "I'm just... It's hard for me to conceive it's a good thing and a scary thing. I lost my last baby Zac, it took be by surprise." 

"Oh, well the chances of that happening again are always there, as you know for all pregnancies, just eat healthy and don't let stress get to you. You're already three weeks gone, must have concieved just after he returned.. Don't stress Leah, this could be a good thing for both of you." Grinned Nate. "Congrats, I'll leave you two to it." 

Zac was stunned, "Wow." 

"Pregnant," repeated Leah. And she then jumped in his arms, "We tell no one yet, let me get through the first trimester then we tell people. Okay?" 

He grinned and held her too him, "Deal." He kissed her.

-------

SOOOOO WHATAYA THINK?! 

Can someone PLEASE Inform me on how many weeks is the first trimester? 8 or 12? :wub:

THANKS AGAIN FOR SUPPORT! PETER WAS DENIED! 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the lovely support, glad that the pregnancy made you both happy! Thank you for being the continued support for this story it truly means a lot. :wub:

Chapter Twenty Two - Pep In Your Walk. 

Zac and Leah had calmed down, "So we wait nine more weeks to tell the kids, wouldn't they notice the bump before that?" 

"After the first scan then in five weeks," compromised Leah.

"Sure," smiled Zac. Kissing her deeply, "I can't wait, like... I will get to raise a baby." 

Leah didn't get it, until she thought of Hunter. "If it goes well, yes!" 

Zac kissed her again, "I need to get to school! Do you need me to drop you off?" 

"No I will come with you, I need to do some paperwork anyway." She grinned taking his hand walking out with him, much happier than they have been the last few months. 

-----

Greg kept looking at the time, he was meant to be here by now, but expected that court may have taken longer. He heard Zac and Leah chuckling and say their goodbyes before Zac happily walked into class. "Sorry I'm late guys!" 

"Thanks for that, Mr Snelgrove." smiled Zac.

"I take it things are fine now?" smiled Greg. 

"They will be even if they weren't nothing will stop me from being happy right now," Zac grinned too happy about the baby to even care that he was grinning like a goon. 

"You're happy, right i'll leave you to your class, they're writing a few paragraphs about the main character of the book, as per requested." grinned Greg.

Zac looked around the class, and grinned at VJ and Hunter. "Did he get bail?" asked VJ.

"No." smiled Zac. "He was denied. Anyway back on track, how is the character essay coming along? Hunter?"

"It's alright," smiled Hunter.

-------

Lunch time Zac and Leah were sitting out in the court yard, watching the students. But Zac was walking around with an extra pep in his step and it was making Hunter wonder if he was happy about more things than one, Leah had a tremendous smile on her face.

"How am I going to get around not having wine without the kids noticing?" She whispered as she huddled up to him.

"We buy sparkling red grape juice instead," grinned Zac, "And put it in wine bottles with a special lid." 

"Nooo, too risky. Just buy grape juice," smiled Leah. "What would you like?" 

"Like?" asked Zac.

"Daughter or another son?" asked Leah.

"I don't really mind," spoke Zac. Smiling again and kissed her cheek. He was so happy. 

The happiness was rubbing off on Leah making her stress less about what happened last time. "I wouldn't mind a daughter, but then another son wouldn't be so bad." 

"No matter what they'll be just as cute as you," spoke Zac.

"Cuter." spoke Leah.

"Impossible," he teased.

"You'll see, it'll change." smirked Leah and nudged him. "We're going to have a baby." 

"We're going to have a baby." grinned Zac and hugged her dearly. 

VJ and Hunter looked over at them, "Ugh, that resort. I will regret it now. They're so much more touchy feely now..."

"Are they just a little too happy that he's behind bars?" asked Hunter.

"What else could they be so happy about?" teased VJ. Looking back over and they were grinning like goons at each other, VJ narrowed his eyes. "You're right..." 

------------

Next! 

Leah's first Scan 

And the Reveal. 

Then potentially ending the story. 

Again.. Thanks! Getting quite upset now, knowing my plan for the ending on the story. I know I planned on 25 but it may be 24 chapters. We'll see. I think I have an idea for chapter 24 to make it 25 chapters so. :blush:

Chapter Twenty Three - Of Scans and Good News.

To say they struggled to keep the pregnancy quiet was a breeze it's not, Hunter was definitely sure something else was going on because for the past five weeks, Leah's been ill, and Zac's been cooking food that wouldn't make her cringe he was definitely starting to worry about what's going on. He was at school, but Zac and Leah weren't there for the first periods and still weren't back. VJ had been spending a lot of time with Holly and had even gone on a date with her, but wasn't ready to tell his parents that he may be in a relationship with her. Because Zac was still wary about her.

In the meantime Leah and Zac had left to the hospital to get their first scan at eight weeks, to say Zac wasn't excited would be a lie. He was bouncing off the walls this morning. "Something could be wrong with the baby, Zac." 

"Try and remain positive love," spoke Zac pressing a kiss to her mouth. 

"Leah Patterson-MacGuire?" asked a female. 

Leah stood up with Zac and followed her in, "I'm doctor Lucy Gray, I am your doctor through out your pregnancy. Any concerns?" 

"That I'll miscarry again and break my husband's heart," spoke Leah. 

"Chances are always high when a miscarriage has happened in the past, but then they're always a chance and not everyone has repeated miscarriages after having one. With your chances of conception, it's remarkable that you got pregnant. Let's focus on the positives, and get a scan to hear your babies heartbeat."

Zac smiled at Leah, "Even if you lose the baby, I will still love you." Though it would break his heart, and he would grieve for the loss, he would still want to be with her.

"I hope so," spoke Leah. She was scared of the baby being lost, so she tried to remain happy and avoid stress.

"After this scan we should tell the kids, Hunter's been eyeing us like we're on drugs," spoke Zac.

Leah cracked up laughing, dying of laughter. "I've noticed that, they know something is up. We should tell them tonight." 

As the doctor placed the jelly on her stomach, Zac sat and took her hand and looked at the screen. It took a few moments, a bit longer than normal. She was quiet.

---------

Hunter and VJ went to their English class to find Mr Snelgrove there, again, VJ narrowed his eyes. "Where's Zac?" He questioned.

"MacGuire, VJ," corrected Snelgrove. "And he is with his wife, they had something come up. He should be back soon." 

Hunter sighed. "Something is seriously up with those two."

"I know," spoke VJ as Holly grabbed a seat next to him.

"Hey!" VJ grinned.

"Want to hang after school?" He took her hand and held it under the desk.

"Yes!" she beamed. She really liked VJ. 

------------

"What's taking so long?" frowned Leah.

The doctor was quiet, "There we go! Found the heartbeat. Took some time for the gel to warm up."

She put the sound on, and they heard the strong heartbeat. "Wow." mumbled Zac just sitting there stunned, his heart welled up with love. Falling in love with their baby already.

Leah squeezed his hand, "That's our baby." 

"Yeah," his voice barely audible. He stared at the screen bewildered by the little blob and the big blob. He was unsure which was the baby.

"Where's the baby?" he curiously asked. 

The doctor pointed to the screen, "That little blob there is your baby, see it flashing it's the heartbeat." Smiling at them.

Leah and Zac both focused on it, and grinned. "When can we know what it is?" 

"Your twelve week scan should be able to tell us what it is, and the dates on this show that you're only seven and a half weeks, blood tests aren't always accurate with dates. But these are," spoke the Doctor. 

"So in another month you can come back, and we'll tell you what you're having. I'll print some photos and the DVD for you," spoke the doctor. 

"That'll be great," spoke Zac still staring at the screen until it was turned off. Then his eyes moved to his wife, "You. You are perfect." 

-------------

Hunter looked over at Olivia and grinned, "Hang out at lunch?"

Olivia happily grinned, "Sure." 

"Quiet," snapped Snelgrove. 

Hunter went back to the stupid essay he made them write as Zac didn't put any strict instructions on what to do. And the hand holding and happy whispers next to him were annoying him. How could VJ like her? Hunter didn't mind her, but he'd never date her. 

--------------

Once they recieved all that was needed they went back to work, Leah looking after the pictures and the DVD. They'd spoke about the baby the whole way here, and now he had to keep it secret until tonight. 

The class was packing up, "Sorry guys, missed your class yet again. Won't happen again!"

Snelgrove looked at him, "You may need to explain to me, in my office why you were late today again." 

Zac nodded, "Of course. I'll be there in ten. VJ, Hunter, need to speak to you." 

Greg left, and watched as the kids stayed behind, VJ watched Holly go wait outside. 

"You both need to be home for dinner," spoke Zac. "We have some news to tell you." 

"Tell us now?" asked Hunter. "I wanted to spend dinner with Liv."

"I wanted to hangout with some friends," whined VJ.

"This is more important, please, it's important to us." spoke Zac. 

They nodded, "Yeah we'll be there." 

-----------------

Zac had prepared dinner, of lamb and mixed veges with salad, and had served it up on the table for everyone that was here. It was just family, thankfully. VJ wanted his friend over, but Zac said it was a family meal only tonight. He sent Josh home also. Leah was nervous, but she grinned at Zac. He grinned back as they sat on the table. 

"So, we've got some news, some good news." spoke Zac. 

Leah grinned, "We're having a baby!" 

Oscar grinned, "That's awesome! Congrats!" 

Evie squealed with happiness, "Another cousin? Yay! Oh you two are going to be great parents! Like you already are!"

Leah watched VJ's stunned expression, slightly smile, "Wow. I didn't think you wanted anymore kids mum?" 

Leah halted at that and Zac looked at her, "Well I do now, we had the first scan today, and it's put my mind at ease of the worries. I'm excited." 

Hunter was quiet, and got up and walked out. "Unbelievable." 

Zac was confused. "Why would he be upset?"

"I don't know?" frowned Leah, the excitement now gone. 

Zac got up and walked out and followed him, "Hunter!"

"What? Huh? I wasn't good enough that you need to start a family with her? I love you two, but what about me huh? Where do I fit in with your new baby?" snapped Hunter. "Am I not good enough for you?"

"What are you talking about? This makes you more part of the family, Hunter. You're my son, this bonds you more to Leah and her family. They'll be your half brother or sister, by blood and haven't you always wanted that family that was closer than what we have been?" asked Zac. Confused to why he thought they'd abandon him.

Hunter listened and tilted his head at Zac, "Really?"

"You want a solid family? Wouldn't this make it so? You'll be a half brother, you'll have a family. Like you already do," spoke Zac. 

Hunter felt embarrassed now, and his eyes welled up with tears. "I'm sorry Dad." He hugged him. "I never thought of it that way." 

Zac hugged him back, "You're always my son, I am sorry I wasn't there for you as a baby." 

"It's not your fault, mum never told you, and you get to make up for that time with the new baby, I'll come back in and apologize to Leah," spoke Hunter as he walked back inside with Zac.

"I'm sorry for the freakout Leah, I am happy for you," spoke Hunter as he took his seat back down. 

Leah looked at him, "Why did you?" 

"I thought I wouldn't fit in with the new baby," spoke Hunter. 

"Hunter, the baby will be apart of you too, Zac is your dad. Of course you'll always fit in, I see you like a son to me, Hunter." smiled Leah.

"After everything I've done?" asked Hunter, the reality of the word family sinking in.

"Of course, you made a big mistake, but you've changed a lot Hunter, you've grown up, and you're a good kid." She held his hand for a second. "Don't think because of the baby you'll be unwanted." 

Hunter looked at her, "Thank you Leah." 

He now had something to think about, and he looked at them both and then VJ. 

VJ noticed the thoughtful look on his face, "What's up bro?" 

Hunter looked at him, "Just thinking about something, nothing to worry about."

VJ nodded he was going to tell the family about he and Holly tonight, "I have some news too."

Zac looked at him, and so did Leah. "What is it son?"

"I have a girlfriend," spoke VJ.

"You what? That's not good VJ!" spoke Leah.

"Really? Who?" asked Zac, being more chilled about it.

"Mum, I'm allowed she's my age," spoke VJ.

"SO? You're my son, you're still a kid." spoke Leah.

"And Hunter's my age too! He's dating Olivia! Come on Mum calm down!" spoke VJ. "I'm allowed to grow up, and I really like her."

Zac squeezed Leah's hand and she calmed down, "I know VJ, sorry. Who?"

"Holly." grinned VJ.

"What?" asked Zac. "Why her? She's bad news VJ!" 

"That's her way of worming back into Zac's life?" asked Leah.

"No she really likes me too, and she doesn't mention Zac at all," spoke VJ. 

"Alright," spoke Zac, unconvinced. "I.. don't know if it's a good idea, but if you like her."

"I do, Zac. I'll be careful." Spoke VJ.

----------------

As the night came to a close, they all sat in the lounge and Leah put on the DVD of the scan to show the kids, and they were all amazed at it. Hunter looked at the blob, "Where is it?" 

Zac got up and put his finger right where the baby is, "I couldn't see it at first either." He raced back and sat with Leah, a happy grin on his face. Hunter looked over at them both, seeing them now both his parents. He started to wonder something and he decided he would ask them when VJ and the rest left for the night.

"It's a baby." spoke VJ. "I am so happy. I get another baby brother or sister." 

"You do," smiled Leah. 

"That's so cool, I'll have two siblings." 

"Two?" asked a tired Evie yawning.

"Well I class Hunter as my brother," spoke VJ. "Cause he is, cause we fight like brothers."

Zac grinned at that, "I am glad you two class each others as brothers." 

Leah added fuel to his thought, "I see him as a son, to me too. But I'm not after to replace his mother." 

"I know," mumbled Hunter staring at the screen.

"This has been a wonderful night, but uni has drained me today I am off to bed," spoke Evie. "Congrats you two."

"Thank you Evie, goodnight." 

Oscar followed and then VJ leaving Hunter there. 

He moved and sat next to them on the couch. "This has made me wonder something, and I understand if you say no, Mum was a horrible person and she'll always be my mother. But I was wondering if I could change my last name to MacGuire? And that Leah, adopts me?" asked Hunter.

Zac nearly choked on his drink, and Leah was stunned. "Are you sure?" she asked.

"It's been on my mind for awhile, and the baby has just brought it up again. I have loved being apart of your family since you allowed me in, and after everything I've done, after mum did too, you still want me here. I would love to make it official. I had spoken to Gran about it awhile ago, she said it is okay. After everything Mum did she understand my need for solid family. And that means taking her name off mine, and putting Dads." 

Zac listened, "I am fine with it, I mean all I want for you is to have a good family. But it's up to Leah to adopt you." 

VJ came down, "Adopt Hunter? Really? That's awesome!" 

Hunter looked over, "You won't mind?"

"Did you mind when I called your Dad, Dad?" 

Hunter shook his head 'no'. 

"Then why would I mind if you called my mum, mum?" 

----------------------

Does Leah adopt him? And next chapter also includes that, and Zac meeting her parents!

Not sure on this chapter to be honest. It had been my plan to have Hunter ask for her to adopt him, but not sure it came out as genuinely and as easy as possible... 

:wub:

Its all fiction sooo. :lol:

Thank you for all the support, Ludub, Kristen, JessieCharlotte, ~JarlieFanEver~ Means a lot for all your continued support :wub:

Note: I know in the show Leah doesn't have a sister, in this she does.

Chapter Twenty Four - New Meetings and New Beginnings.

Leah looked at Hunter, "Of course I will adopt you." 

Zac grinned out of pure happiness, "How did I get so lucky to love you? So many chances, so many mistakes on my part. Now we're going to become a proper family!" 

Hunter smiled, "Thank you so much! I'm going to head to bed, night!" 

"Goodnight Hunter," smiled Zac.

"Night Hunter," smiled Leah and looked to Zac. "I love you, so much."

"I love you too, beautiful." He stroked her cheek, and pressed a kiss to her mouth. Her phone went of, she froze when she saw the number. "It's my mother!" 

"Answer it," he encouraged. Leah sighed, her mother could be a handful, and she looked to Zac nodding. 

"Hey Mama," smiled Leah. 

Zac wrapped his arm around her, and she leaned back into him. "You're coming to the Bay? Tomorrow? Oh I'm just lying on the couch with Zac." 

Zac kept rubbing her arm, as he put the tape on repeat, staring at their small baby. "See you tomorrow, Night Mama."

Leah turned to him, "So my family are wanting to finally meet you." 

Zac smiled, "That will be great!" 

Leah nodded thoughtfully, "I just hope it goes well, I mean they are full on. They'll ask you a lot of questions, my sister, especially." 

Zac nodded, "I don't mind, I will do anything for you. I do have a meeting with Greg in the morning. It's about progress, he didn't have any time to do it through the week."

"That's fine, they're at the Sands Resort now, they were just going to surprise us, but they thought better to warn us so we're home, it'll be fine. We should get to bed however," grinned Leah. "I'm just hoping they don't stress me out, I want this baby Zac. I don't want to lose it."

"I won't let them stress you out, I promise you." Zac pressed a kiss to her hair as he turned the TV off and held her hand up to their bedroom. 

--------

It was early morning and Leah was up already cleaning, Zac came down dressed ready for his meeting that he would have to leave for the meeting he wished he didn't have to go too, so it didn't look like he was running from meeting her parents. He came over and hugged her from behind, his hand gently on her stomach. "Morning, why are you up cleaning?"

"So it looks clean for Mama, Papa, and my siblings," spoke Leah, "It's important Zac. They're judgmental."

Zac walked over to the kitchen and put some food on for breakfast, "It's going to be okay, you know that?" 

"I hope so, Mama can be overbearing." admitted Leah, nervous of when they arrive. 

"When will they be here?" asked Zac.

"They said around nine so they can spend the day with us, I already texted Mama, saying you have a teacher meeting at work, but will be back near lunch time. She replied saying it's fine and enough time to gossip. I want to tell her about the baby when you are here," smiled Leah. She finished her cleaning and walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his waist. "I just love you more and more, every day that I look at you." admitted Leah, leaning her head on his chest.

"As I do you," He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her hair. Looking at his watch time, "Crap, I need to get going. Will you be okay? VJ will be here, and I am sure Hunter will join you." 

Zac and Leah kissed goodbye and he grabbed his keys ready for the drive to work.

-----------

It had been about twenty minutes since Zac left, and Leah was making a big breakfast for everyone including her father, mother, brothers and sister. Hunter came in, "Morning guys. Where's Dad?"

"He had a meeting with Mr Snelgrove, he'll be back just before lunch. So guys, my parents will be here soon with my siblings. They want to meet Zac, I just want you to make them feel welcome, if they ask too much questions just look at me and I'll change the subject!" 

Hunter nodded sitting down, "Should I go?" 

"No! You are family, remember? I'll call the adoption agency on Monday for you." Smiled Leah.

"That'll be great," smiled Hunter as VJ patted him on the back. 

"Can't believe you are going to get adopted into the family!" smiled VJ. 

"I feel very honored," spoke Hunter as there was a knock at the door.

"They're here." spoke Leah, getting up.

"Mama! Papa! Dmitri, Chris! Julia!" grinned Leah, happy to see them. 

"Hey darling!" Theo grinned at his daughter, "So good to see you again, you look great!" 

The family came into a full kitchen room table, "You have such a full house!" commented Helen, Leah's mother. "VJ!" 

VJ hugged his grandma, and grandpa. "Welcome guys!" 

They all greeted each other, "So, this is Oscar and Evie, along with Hunter. Oscar and Evie are twins, and they're Zac's niece and nephew. Hunter is Zac's son." 

They all smiled and Leah sister perked up, "So where is this apparently hot husband of yours?" 

Leah shook her head amused, "At work, he had a meeting with the Principal about preparation tests for the upcoming HSCs." 

"He's a teacher?" asked Theo.

"Yes," grinned Leah, "English. He loves it." 

-----------

Zac was getting restless in the meeting he wanted to be home so he could meet Leah's family but this meeting was going well, and it shouldn't be too far off from finishing he hoped, he smiled as Greg brought up English, "I think proactive multiple choice questions could be a good way, of helping them improve their skills and knowledge and then a set of short essay questions." Suggested Zac. 

"That sounds perfect." spoke Greg. "I think that's all for today, go, go be with your families on the weekend!" 

"Thank you sir, I'm meeting my wife's family today so this shall be interesting." grinned Zac, getting up and heading for the door. The nerves now building deep in his stomach. 

He grabbed his bag and headed towards his car, 'here we go' he thought as he sat in his car and began the drive home. 

----------

Leah and her family sat at home, "What is he like, love?" asked her father. The kids had all dispersed to their own thing, and they all didn't mind that. 

Leah looked over at her father, "He's kind, compassionate, funny, gentle, handsome, he's great with VJ. He's always forgiving of peoples mistakes. He does have his moments, where he's grumpy. We've had a really bad run over the last couple of months. He was recently kidnapped," frowned Leah, "By Peter. I thought I lost him. Peter was so adamant that I had forgotten Dan, which I haven't. I just am happy with Zac, I've gone through much more than I had with Dan and Zac's always, always been at my side, I'm not going to feel guilty about it. He's in prison now."

"That's horrible!" growled Chris. "That man needs to pay!"

"And he is, by law." spoke Leah, feeling the emotion of having him disappear. Julia came over and wrapped her arms around her. 

"Has he got a good body?" she teased, distracting her from her sadness. 

"Yes, like six pack good," spoke Leah, "He's been working out a lot lately." 

Julia grinned, widely at that. "Ooh, nice." 

Leah eyed her, "He's mine!" 

Leah changed the subject, "Drink refills anyone?" 

Chris nodded and got up to help her with them, as she walked over Zac came through the door. Leah looked over at him, "Hey!" she grinned. 

"Hey, sorry I'm a bit late." he admitted. She came up and hugged him, he hugged her back. 

"So, family, this is Zac." she said watching all their eyes as he placed his bag down. 

"Hello, I'm Helen, Leah's Mother." She smiled coming over and hugging him. Zac was bewildered by that, but hugged her back nervously.

"Hey I'm Theo," holding out his hand to shake.

"Chris," spoke Chris. 

"Dmitri." smiled the other male. 

"And I'm Julia, wow Leah, you did good," she teased. 

Zac just was quiet, and nervous and Leah took his hand and squeezed, "It's okay." 

"I know, just nervous." he smiled at her. 

Leah told him to go sit on the couch and Julia asked him a question, "How much do you love my sister?"

Zac looked to her, "I love her, more than I've ever loved anyone. She is absolutely amazing, and I can't see my life without her being apart of it. She loves my son, she is passionate. I don't have enough words to describe how much she means to me." 

Leah smiled as she sat next to him. "I love you too," she simply said as he looked at her and kissed him softly, quickly. He put his arm around her and she settled into his side, the family smiled greatly at them.

"So, we have something to show you." smiled Leah flicking on the TV, rather do it now; while they're focussed on them

The tape was turned on, and Leah replayed it, putting her hand on his thigh for comfort in case they freaked out. 

Helen grinned and started to cry out of happiness, "Another baby?" 

"Yes Mama, and Hunter, Zac's son asked me to adopt him also." smiled Leah. Feeling Zac's hand over hers, and squeezed gently. 

"And you're okay with that?" Theo looked at Zac.

"Of course," smiled Zac. "Hunter has been feeling like he doesn't have a family since his mother was murdered, and he asked Leah himself saying he wants a family that isn't messed up, and he respects Leah." 

"Then we're happy for you both, Leah I approve of this one. Think he is more suited to you than Vinnie, though respect for him for being VJ's father, and after Dan's brother's antics, I more so agree that Zac is the one for you." spoke Theo. 

----------------------

The night fared well, and they had left just after dinner. Julia was super happy with her being with Zac, Helen and Theo had been getting on more with Zac than most of the siblings had been quiet, and reserved but they were all to hang out for coffee some time throughout the week when it was not such a sudden meeting for them. 

Leah and Zac were doing up the dishes, while the kids cleaned up the lounge and made sure everything was put back to the way Alf liked it, "It went well," commented Zac.

"If you think so, my brothers were very quiet. But glad you three will be meeting again through the week for coffee and basketball, maybe they were just reserved listening to all the questions," remarked Leah. 

He looked at her, "I was very nervous tonight, it'll be good to get to know them all over time. It's a big step to meet parents after marrying their daughter, they have no choice now but to accept me." 

"That's true, I suppose," spoke Leah. Leaning up to kiss his cheek, "Papa has never liked any of my exboyfriends, you should be pleased."

"I am, they're lovely people. I just worry that I won't be able to fit in." Spoke Zac.

"You fit with me, that's all that matters. Our baby on the way, and these lot, that's where you fit in," spoke Leah. 

-----------------

SUCH A WEIRD UPDATE! Took me so long to feel even comfortable writing it, I'm not sure that it's up to the standard that it has always been at, because my mind has been on the final chapter, that I have planned for it. I won't be updating it straight away. I want to make it PERFECT. As this one isn't. It's muddled, and I just can't (in my own head) to make it feel right. So I apologize. 

BUT Warning: Next chapter will be after Baby is born (Like a look into their future, final chapter type thingy.) 

Sorry that it took me so long to update, I'd been typing it over the past few days being stuck! :wub:

Since the weather decides to carry on the storm from few days ago, and last night... I'm gonna.... write the final chapter today. 

I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to ALL that supported this story: Kristen, Ludub, JessieCharlotte, ~JarlieFanEver~, you four have continued support and has truly meant something more greater than writing this story. Having you all enjoy it means the world! And whatever fiction I go on to next, I hope to see you there. So THANK YOU! :wub:

Remember: Future Chapter. (After baby born).

Chapter Twenty Five - Of Happy Giggles and Love.

Over the nine months of Leah's pregnancy there were touch and go times with the happy couple, her hormones would leave her in sometimes bad moods. But they always persevered with it, Hunter had been super excited about the prospect of a baby brother or sister, as they had left the gender to be found out at birth. Leah and Hunter's adoption had also been successful just before Leah gave birth. 

It had been just over a month since Leah gave birth to their baby girl, Zac was totally enamored by her. VJ fell in love with her straight away too, Leah could tell Hunter was over the moon too. Every kid wanting to hold her on her first day, was brilliant. But Leah felt most proud when Zac held her for the first time. She had never seen him cry before until that day. They decided on a name, very dear to Leah's heart. Charlie, after her best friend who was shot and died. Charlie Denise MacGuire. Zac loved her already, and felt like it was the best thing in the world. Leah adored her also, apart from having to get up every two hours to feed her. That was an adjustment she had to learn again. 

Zac had his first day back at school after the holidays, and he was already regretting going back. Staring down at their bundle of joy, "I don't want to leave her," he admitted, in a fond voice. 

Leah walked over to him wrapping her arms around him, her head on his arm, "You're needed at work, we will be fine, won't we Charlie?" 

Zac put his arm around his beautiful wife, "She's so beautiful. Just like her beautiful Mum." He leaned down and kissed her. Charlie giggled. 

Zac looked at their child again, as Hunter came in. "Morning, Mum, Dad!" 

Leah still had to grow use to Hunter calling her mum, but she was getting there. "Morning Hunter, how are you?"

"I'm good," smiled Hunter. "How is my baby sister?" 

"She's been cute as ever," whispered Zac. "I still want to stay home." 

"If you stay home we all stay home, Dad," teased Hunter.

Zac reluctantly nodded, "Right. Time to go." He picked up Charlie and gave her a big kiss holding her as he then kissed his wife goodbye. "I love you both, very very much." 

"I love you too, and so does Charlie," smiled Leah, kissing him again briefly. 

Hunter took his baby sister, "Now you be good! Do not cause havoc!" 

Charlie gurgled at him. Leah grinned at that. 

-------------

VJ had been dating Holly for some time now, but never told her about the baby. He thought it would be best to keep her away from the family while his mother was pregnant, as she was grumpy a lot. When VJ would mention Holly, the atmosphere shifted. He knew Zac was going to be too ecstatic to keep the news from his students, but finding out from Zac would be the better option for Holly. Holly occasionally asked if Zac was okay, and things like that as he did seemed stressed nearing the end of Leah's pregnancy but VJ lied and put it down to HSC exam time.

They sat in their English class, as the bell had just rung. Zac had been in a meeting with Greg for the morning period, and was on his way back to the class. "Morning guys!" 

The class grinned and cheered hello, "How was your holiday sir?" One curious kid had to ask.

Zac grinned, brightly. "One of the best holidays I've ever had. The best." 

"Why?" asked Jess, a student that was always so polite to all he teachers. Zac respected Jess. 

Zac grinned again before he closed his eyes, "My wife gave birth to our daughter on the first week of the holidays, so for the past month I've been a new dad!" 

The class cheered, "Her name?" asked one else.

"Ah, Charlie Denise MacGuire!" he grinned. "She's so beautiful." 

"Maybe at the end of class, I'll show you a picture." he grinned. 

Hunter grinned up at him, and then looked at Holly who looked a little upset. Hunter had to bite his tongue to stop teasing her. Hunter really didn't like Holly, but VJ loved her.

VJ looked to her, "It was better you found out by him, he didn't want you to know she was pregnant until birth."

Holly nodded and opened her text books for the rest of the class.

--------------

Leah was at home bouncing Charlie, and sent a text to Ruby, Charlie's daughter after finally getting a hold of her current number. 'Hey, Ruby. It's Leah. I just wanted to let you know I got married, to Zac MacGuire, and we had a baby girl. We named her Charlie Denise, Charlie after your mother as she was my best friend - I hope you are okay with this.' 

Leah sent the message, quite nervous that Ruby would be unhappy that Leah named their daughter after her mother, when it should have been Ruby to name her kid after her mother. She received a ding, 'Leah! I miss you! That's so perfect! Thank you so much for thinking of Charlie and naming your daughter after Mum. She would be proud. I hope you and Zac remain happy. I'm going to be in the City for a few days soon for my new job, I may pop to the bay in two days to meet her. That okay? :)' Leah was more than happy to have her come and meet Charlie, it would be perfect. 

She replied with a happy yes and began to feed Charlie. Leah's family had yet to meet her, but Zac and Leah planned to take her up sometime with in the next month, they just wanted to be settled and bonded with their daughter before everyone fussed over her. 

-----------

The class was almost over and Zac set up his computer and opened a photo of him shirtless holding their baby on the bed, after Leah had fed her for first time at home. "This was her first night at home, do excuse my inability to own a shirt." 

The class giggled at his comment, and stared intently as a picture of her in her bed came up. "There she is!" Zac stared intently at his screen then looked around the classroom. Hunter's smile was all he needed to see and he grinned back at him. 

"She's gorgeous sir, congrats." spoke Greg from the corner of the room which gave Zac a fright. 

"Thanks," smiled Zac. Moving to the next photo which was of him and Leah kissing and holding the baby together. He then closed it, to his desktop which was of his wedding and his family were all in the photo. He turned the projector off. 

"Okay just wanted to remind you guys that this year is important for you, and please, please study hard. Have a good year, I'll be seeing you all around." spoke Greg then the bell went. 

--------------

It was now the end of the day, Charlie was asleep as Zac and the kids arrived home quietly. Holly was doing some stuff with VJ so she came back with them. Zac couldn't give two cents about, he just wanted to see his wife and Charlie. "Hey!" 

Leah looked at him, tiredly. "I just got her down, but hello." She walked over and hugged him and kissed him. He kissed her back. He held her too him for a long while, "You should go lay down, I'll look after her from now till you wake." 

"Are you sure?" asked Leah.

"Of course!" smiled Zac, leading her up to bed.

"Ruby, Charlie's daughter is coming to town in a few days to see our daughter," spoke Leah. 

"That's good, right?" he smiled as he laid her down on the bed, and rubbed her arm. Sitting next to her, "I'll lay with you till you fall asleep." 

Leah looked up at him and cuddled into his side, "Yes. Of course, it'd be good for her to meet her, since her mother is the one Charlie's named after." 

Zac kissed her hair, wrapping his arms around her looking over at the cot that held their baby, "She is perfect. You've given me a life I never thought I'd be capable of. I love you, Leah." 

"Oh Zac," she leaned up and pressed her lips to his, "I Love you very much." 

Zac rubbed her hair, softly as she drifted off to sleep. He kissed her forehead and got up and walked over to Charlie's crib, to see her laying there awake. "Hi you gorgeous girl." He picked her up and softly went out the door. 

-----------------

It was Saturday now, and it was time for Ruby to come meet Charlie, VJ was holding Charlie and playing with her fingers adored by his sister. Who's eyes were intently focused on him. Leah heard the knock at the door, "Ruby!"

"Leah!" grinned Ruby. VJ got up and handed Charlie to Zac, and Zac happily took her, laying her in his arms, smiling down at her. She gripped his finger. 

"Hey Rubs! Good to see you!" grinned VJ. Ruby looked at him, confused. "It's VJ." 

"Oh my! Look how you have grown!" Ruby came and hugged him. Leah walked and stood next to Zac.

"This is Zac, and our baby Charlie," smiled Leah, who watched Ruby come over.

"Hi, I'm Ruby. It's nice to meet you Zac." she shook his spare hand, and then looked to their baby. "Oh my she's beautiful. May I?"

Zac nodded, handing her over to her. "She's a gem." 

"Got a good set of lungs on her though, when she cries. She cries." admitted Leah. 

Ruby sat down with her, "You got to be good to the name Charlie, my mother would have loved you." 

Zac put his arm around Leah, and watched as Ruby got upset. "I'm sorry." admitted Zac.

"No! Don't be, I'm happy. Mum's been remembered in the most beautiful way, thank you Leah." smiled Ruby. "What's her middle name?"

"Denise, after Denny my niece who was murdered late last year," admitted Zac.

"Oh! I'm terribly sorry, she's got names of two angels then, aren't you perfect?" cooed Ruby.

Leah looked down at the both of them and took a photo for her collection, "She really is. After all I usually cannot conceive naturally, but I did. She's our little miracle."  

Zac grinned, "She truly is." Kissing Leah's hair.

------------------

Leah knew everything was safe for her, Zac, Hunter, VJ, Charlie, Oscar and Evie. They didn't need anyone else but their family, having Ruby over was one of the most good times, Leah knew they did the right thing by having her over and by naming her Charlie. Zac and Leah were happy, and they loved each other and it wasn't going to change. 

Charlie was growing up fast, and it was exhausting but super rewarding. The family were closer, and any threats that came were shoved off with the bond of family. Peter was sentenced to ten years in prison, and a protection order served out for Zac and Leah and their family would be put in place for after his release, if he decided to try and harm her family again.

Things were coming together, Charlotte's murderer was also caught, which brought an end to the wonder of who it was. Though it devastated some people, it was glad that justice was brought for murder of a murderer. There wasn't need for someone to kill her. 

VJ and Holly were going strong, and Zac had eased up on the fact that those two were dating, and allowed her over more easily now. He could tell Holly loved VJ and that's what mattered.

As Zac and Leah laid in bed for the night, they looked at each other and shared a kiss. "We're going to be fine, this family is going to be just fine." smiled Leah.

"We're going to be more than fine, we're going to be perfect. I'll always be thankful that you came to your senses and asked me to marry you." 

Leah looked at him, a bright smile on her face. "That was one of the best decisions I made, I'll love you forever, Zac."

"As I will you, beautiful." smiled Zac, and kissed her, as they then looked at their growing baby. 

--------------------

011-1.jpg

:wub: This is what baby Charlie would look like at 6 months old. Credit to the person who uploaded it. 

Thank you so much for all the support, this story is now over. :( I am sad about it, but this is it! Could have a sequel for when Peter gets out one day??? But probably not. I have a one-shot in mind, but am not ready to post it or put the ideas into words yet. Sooooooo. This is it for now! 

THANK YOU! So. Please, do tell me what you think of the name? The story, how it folded through. And please know how utterly thankful I am for all you that continually commented and support -- It means an absolute lot. 

I Just wanted you all to know how much I loved writing this story. I love Zac and Leah, and I so desperately want them to last in the show.

Thanks again! You all ROCK! :wub: 

Comments

Archived