If You could create a new character for Summer bay

samdanfan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, in fleshing out Jimmy Bateman played by Bruce Kilpatrick, an old Nam friend of Alf Stewart, I would choose the surname after the H&A creator's surname. And Jimmy Bateman would be from a suburb the other side of Sydney called Warrayonga (a made up name I would choose for the town, one that sounds Aboriginal). He comes to Summer Bay to see Alf and they commemorate Anzac day together. Irene takes a shine to him but he admits he has not got over his wife's death yet.

I wouldn't have created only one... But three or four. Parent(s) with two children. It's about time we get a new real family with parent(s) and kids and not a group of adult characters which are meant to be in family, but only are like random adult characters. 

I have a idea for an character that would have a very shocking and horrifying twist

He appears in the bay in the beginning of the year, a mid 40s male with the name Frank. He seems like a very nice and kind man, he has a 25 year old daughter named Fiona. He gets in a relationship with one of the characters (Roo) As the year progress he becomes friends with many of the characters, in August Olivia is kidnapped and we don't hear anything from her for a long time. Fiona ends up starting a relationship with Brody and it gets serious, in early November Fiona is kidnapped and no one knows where she is. In the season finale we see Frank picking up a key and walking over to the basement cellar and as he walks down we hear crying. He turns the light on and we see several teenage girls and young females being held captured and belong these people we see Olivia and Fiona. At the same time Kat finally finds out the disturbing truth about Frank (She's been suspicious the last months) In the last scene Kat goes into Frank's house when she thinks he's out and she takes the key and opens the door, as she stands atop the stairs she can see all the females being held captured and then she is hit in her head from behind by Frank and she falls down the stairs being badly damaged and Frank stands up there with a quiet creepy evil laughter as he turns the light off and locks the door. To be continued

I dare Home and Away to pull a storyline like that, they have done many disturbing storyline of the year like Hugo being revealed to be a human smuggler. I swear watching these people in the container gave me a shiver down the spine..

This storyline would take place in 2017. I doubt Kat and Olivia is still in the show by the end of 2018

I haven't really looked at this thread before because I had no specific ideas. Just the general yearning for characters who have depth and consistency. But recently I've really wanted Hunter to have a fully-fledged psychotic break, and maybe he can't do it on his own. Maybe he needs someone bad and exciting to steer him that way. Personally I would like that someone to be a male, but I don't think that's ever going to happen, so I'd settle for a female. I want someone to encourage his darkness, his violence, and his evil, and I just want the writers to just go for it. They've been dancing around his borderline psychopathy since he arrived, but they won't commit. I think they're scared that they can't bring him back from it. But they already showed us that he's willing to set a house on fire with people inside, and it doesn't get much darker than that. And if they make it a recognised mental disorder, it would be believable that he CAN be brought back from it with the help of a psychiatrist, if he's willing. I think that his relationships with Olivia and Charlotte prove that he is capable of bonding with people and caring about them on some level, so he's not irredeemable. I just think they will miss a tremendous opportunity with him if they try and ignore his obvious darkness. I say, bring in someone who will push it right to the forefront, and have fun with it, and take it too far, and then have Hunter decide for himself that that's not the life he wants. Or keep him crazy and write him out if you have to. Just don't waste that side of him. It's too unusual. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jimmy Bateman, the character I would create, would have a son and a daughter from his wife and they would come to Summer Bay. I would have Kate Gorman play the daughter and Simon Kay play the son. With of course Bruce Kilpatrick as Jimmy. Jimmy also suffers from bad memories of the Vietnam War and Alf relates to it. Jimmy gets worked up on Anzac Day and Alf has to help him.

I think we need a character who is seen as a village bicycle or a tart, but making it clear onscreen. I think it could be like how selina was at the start, with having low self esteem. I think this could also cover up the constant bed hopping that characters do, and have her eventually settle down with someone who truly values her and believes in celibacy 

2 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Jimmy Bateman, the character I would create, would have a son and a daughter from his wife and they would come to Summer Bay. I would have Kate Gorman play the daughter and Simon Kay play the son. With of course Bruce Kilpatrick as Jimmy. Jimmy also suffers from bad memories of the Vietnam War and Alf relates to it. Jimmy gets worked up on Anzac Day and Alf has to help him.

Kate Gorman God that's a name I haven't heard in along time. I though she was adorable on the ZOO FAMILY.

Archived