Blades Of Skye !!!!

JosieTash

AWESOME thanks for the comments, pembie, Kristen, Sarah, and Red Ranger 1 !!!

Red, re your question, although this isn’t set in stone, right now, if Billy/Catherine goes back home, he won’t be able to return to Earth EVER !!!!

CHAPTER 31 !!!

Ruby grabs hold of Catherine’s hand and kind of drags her towards their room ........ well, what was Ruby & Billy’s room. Ruby’s been REALLY looking forward to this …… because as much as she was completely paying attention when she and Skye and the others were discussing potential tactics for the race, Ruby couldn’t help herself. Because her Billy was ALWAYS in Catherine mode, Ruby just knew what she wanted to do with “him”, but couldn’t …….

Ruby shuts the bedroom door behind her, and ………

Ruby [with a gleam in her eyes, and a voice that starts out in a frustrated but gets more relieved as it goes] “Thank GOD the charade is OVER !!!!!!”

Ruby knows she’s never been with a woman before, but muses that must be in her genes …given that her mum’s been married to 2 women and has been with at least one other. Speaking of whom, Ruby also thinks about the at times rather risqué public displays of affection tween Denny & Rosie. Ruby decides to act ……..

She wraps her arms round the back of her “man’s” neck and kisses her on the lips. Just softly for starters, Ruby almost can’t believe that she’s kissing a girl, but admits there is something soooooo soft and yummy about girl Billy’s lips …… they MUCHLY definitely feel softer than male Billy’s.

Ruby isn’t the one who can’t believe this is happening. Catherine is more than a little taken aback. Billy loves Ruby, but Catherine doesn’t. Catherine feels Ruby put her hand on Catherine’s maxi dress clad behind. So unexpected, as Ruby isn’t that forward when she and Billy start to get hot and heavy. Ruby knows that her actions right now are turbo charged by the fact that she couldn’t get physical with her “man “when the likes of Raffy, or anyone for that matter, are around. Ruby caresses Catherine’s behind, muchly wishing she wasn’t wearing a maxi dress right now … as Ruby’s hand would actually be up the skirt of Catherine’s dress if she was wearing a shorter one. Catherine REALLY starts to think what’s going on right now, as the shock factor [of Ruby’s sexy behavior as soon as they entered the room] muchly dissipates.

Ruby french kisses her “man” …such is her lust to want to keep hold of “him”. Catherine is taken by surprise by the tongue kiss …… and can’t help but reciprocate. The 2 women muchly kiss, and as they do so, Ruby starts to try to undo the knot that is holding Catherine’s halter dress in place. Catherine really REALLY realises that Ruby is getting VERY serious here, TOO serious, and she moves her body in a way that makes both women fall onto the bed beside them.

Catherine tries to catch her breath and get her bearings as soon as she lands, and moments after she does, Catherine sees Ruby angling in to kiss her once mormusese. Catherine acts quickly. She smoothly quickly moves her left hand and raises a finger so it is tween her face and Ruby’s approaching lips. Ruby is taken aback and Catherine easily see that she is ……

Ruby [worried, yet excited, voice] “What’s up, Billy? I sooo need to kiss you and do all kinds of things with you. When I was out there, having to pretend that you're Catherine. I don’t know … it just turned me on. That I couldn’t have you. I mean I know that especially Rosie and Denny don’t care who’s about when they get want to get hot and heavy. [more composed voice] What’s going on, Billy?”

Catherine looks at Ruby. She knows she kissed Ruby back when Rubes french kissed her, but that was just reactionary. What to tell Ruby now ….. breaking up seems like too harsh a thing to do, but Catherine must lay her cards on the emotional table before too long. AT the VERY least before she decides to go home or stay here on Earth. Catherine decides she can’t bring herself just yet to tell Ruby that Billy is, as of the body swap, no more ……

Catherine [soothingly] “Rubes, things are sooooo messy right now. Can’t believe I’m a GIRL !!!!! Not that girls, especially you, aren’t AWESOME, but I never thought of myself being one. I REALLY need to go to sleep. EVERYTHING about today has been off the wall shocking. In the morning, who knows how I’ll feel. How things will go. You understand. Don’t you?”

Ruby DOES get where her “man” is coming from, but decides to hope that all is not completely overawing for “him” ……

Ruby [optimistically] “Can we spoon or hug or something as we go to sleep?”

Catherine doesn’t want to encourage Ruby but cutting her off completely might ring some alarms for Ruby that Catherine doesn’t want to have to worry about right now ……..

Catherine “I guess a hug would be nice as we drift off to sleep.”

Catherine and Ruby get changed into their bed clothes, with Catherine deliberately avoiding anything that’s even the remotest bit sexy in her wardrobe. She notes the more lacy than usual chemise that Ruby puts on. Catherine runs a slightly trouble hand through her hair, before she gets into the bed that last night Billy shared with Ruby. Moments later, Charlie’s daughter gets under the covers. Ruby thought about caressing her “man’s” real actual breasts, but decides instead to only hug “him” …….. before Ruby drifts off to a peaceful sleep …..whilst Catherine takes a while to FINALLY get top the land of zzzzzz’s

+++

Next morning, its approaching 7am and most of the people at Ruby’s house are either still asleep or at the very least in bed still. There’s one exception though …… Catherine is definitely up an about. She is jogging near the main beach. Catherine knows that Billy wasn’t into exercise like this ….. sports like basketball and Aussie Rules were his thing. Catherine isn’t jogging quite as fast as she would like …… and that’s cos although she has inherited Billy’s reasonably sizable collection of bras, they’re all of the sexy and lacy kind …not a sports bra in sight. As she jogs, and occasionally runs, Catherine thinks about how she thought about “borrowing” a sports bra from one of her new housemates, but thought best not to …… given the recent furore when Billie was stealing Rosie’s clothes.

Other things cross Catherine’s mind as she exercises …… especially how the former him’s parents want their offspring to return home mostly so their bloodline, through Llahnairda’s child will continue ……and how the alien parentals weren’t open to the idea of said bloodline continuing soooooo far, far away from them, in mostly human form no less.

Catherine, despite the annoying lack of a sports bra, really decides to run as fast as she can when she sees the surf club in the fast distance. Catherine thinks, as she runs, that the way she likes to exercise is similar to mermaid Emma. Similar in terms of what they do on land anyway. Yeah, Catherine imagines she’ll be good friends with Emma …..if she doesn’t decide to go back home to Drahnrae that is.

After she rapidly made her way to the surf club, Catherine enters the building. This is the first time that Catherine herself has been to the surf club, and yet it feels so familiar. Catherine thinks of her sitch as being similar to Ezri in Star Trek – the familiarly of things provided to her by previous Dax symbiont hosts like Jadzia and Curzon, yet having her own perspective on things as well.

Indeed, Catherine is deep in thought about this as she heads upstairs and into Salt, where she immediately catches the eye of one of the men there. He stops mid-sentence such is his wonder of who she is. How beautiful she is. He wonders if she’s a tourist or someone who’s new to the Bay but will be staying here for the long hawl. The man is nervously excited, but he HAS to talk to the longish haired newbie.

TO BE CONTINUED

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the FANTASTIC comments pembie, Red Ranger 1, Kristen and Sarah !!!

CHAPTER 32 !!!

OMG !!! Where is she?

…..thinks Brody, as the girl he had been admiring is no longer in view. Maybe she went onto the balcony.

As Raffy & Tori’s brother scopes out that possibility, Catherine has made her way back downstairs. As she struggles to take everything in …. seeing things through her OWN eyes, not Billy’s …. Catherine realised that the dilemma she was having is quite easily solved. She realises she walked right passed the answer ……..so Catherine enters the gym. She glances at VJ behind the counter as she heads right for the gym’s relatively small, but great, range of sports clothing for sale.

Catherine peruses what sports bras are on offer. She sees a number that are completely pink. Too much, she thinks ….. besides colour isn’t what she’s looking for. Catherine is well aware that she’s VERY serious when it comes to exercise. She looks at several bras in her size that are on offer. She chooses what she’s after …..a bra that she’s sure will be perfect. Catherine thinks about road testing it first, or at the very least going to the change room and trying it on, but decides to back her own judgement …..as although Billy was always choosing bras for their aesthetics, at least him semi regularly buying them has given Catherine a leg up.

Catherine makes her way to the counter with the sports bra in hand, and when she gets there ……

VJ [particularly friendly, yet professional, voice] “That’s an EXCELLENT choice you’ve made.”

Catherine [who can’t help herself] “What would YOU, a MAN, know about a sports bra?”

VJ is taken aback a little, but a girl with THAT level of feistiness maybe isn’t a bad thing …..

VJ “I mean, they seem to be very popular. We sell, well, a fair few of them here.”

Catherine [cheeky voice] “Sorry. Just teasing you. [Catherine pays for the item of clothing with a swipe of her “swiss army knife” ID card and VJ hands her a bag containing the 1st bra that Catherine herself has ever bought] See you round, Veej.”

Catherine exits the gym and the surf club, whilst VJ is more than a little surprised that this girl that he doesn’t know, and presumed was a tourist, called him by his nickname. VJ contemplates this, before he sees Brody enter the room ……..

VJ “You never stuck me as the work out, gym junkie type. Unless you’re looking for Tori. She’s a frequent flyer at this place.”

Brody “No, I was looking for a girl.”

VJ [sarcastic] “Can you BE less specific.”

Brody [admiring tone] “Dark hair, beautiful smile, quite …..shapely.”

VJ [“wakes up”] “Oh !! Sports bra girl. [Brody looks at him quizzically] I don’t know her name but she bought a what-I-said here and then she called me Veej. Hey, maybe she’s one of these people been in the Bay forever and I’ve just not come into contact with them until now. [day dreamy tone] But yeah, I …..we had a pretty cool chat when she came to the counter. Hope she does again.”

Brody “She strikes me as a bit ….old for you.”

VJ [“wakes up”] “Ah !! The chef likes the new girl.”

Brody [a little embarrassed that VJ has figured that out] “Maybe. I just hope she’s hungry after her workout out with that new …….  Yep, girl’s definitely gotta eat. [as he heads for the exit] Later, VJ.”

+++

Several hours later, Tori and Raffy enter Salt and as soon as they see Brody, they just know …….

Tori [as she gets close to the counter where her distracted brother is] “We’ve seen that look before. Who is she?”

Brody [innocently] “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Raffy “Just spit it out. You KNOW Tori and I have ways of making you talk.”

Brody “OK. If you MUST know.”

Raffy [cheeky voice] “We must.”

Brody “I met her this morning, Actually, I didn’t meet her. For a second there, I thought she was an illusion.”

Tori “What do you mean?”

Brody “Well, I saw her at the entrance to this place. Dark hair. Just GORGEOUS. I started day dreaming about our wedding and our kids, then she was gone.”

Raffy “So this might be ALL in your head after all?”

Brody “No, cos VJ has seen her too.”

Tori “VJ?”

Brody “Yeah. She bought a …..sports bra at the gym, and called him Veej. He couldn’t believe it.”

Tori is IMMEDIATELY worried when she hears that, but she hides any sign of that with a total poker face ……

Tori “You REALLY think, if you actually met this girl, it could lead to weddings and babies?”

Brody [heartfelt] “Yeah. I think Cupid’s arrow has hit me HARD.”

Tori “Raffy, I think you and I should go and freshen up.”

Raffy “Why? I know Brody likes to think of this as a TOTALLY fancy schmanzy restaurant, but …. “

Tori [rather sternly] “We NEED to freshen up.”

Tori whispers something to her younger sister ……

Raffy [worried tone] “Yeah, we better freshen up.”

Tori and Raffy head for the bathroom and when they get in there ……

Raffy “How do you KNOW he’s talking about Catherine?”

Tori “On top of our brother’s description of her, I went round to Ruby’s place this morning. To check how physically AND emotionally Catherine’s handling the ……situation.”

Raffy “And?”

Tori “She was talking about how Billy doesn’t own a sports bra, so she bought one THIS morning …..at the gym.”

Raffy “Oh !!!!!! You’re worried about them getting together. Like, as in, Catherine …is going out with Ruby …. who’s our friend.”

Tori [anguished voice] “Yeah, that too. [Raffy shoots her a “what do you mean?’ look] I mean, Brodes has fallen for a girl who, until YESTERDAY, was a GUY …..with, like you said, a girlfriend. And WE know all of that.”

Raffy “I see the dilemma. What do you think? Should we tell him? I mean, Catherine might decide to go home and there’ll be nothing TO tell.”

Tori “I MEAN if she stays and if they get together. We should make a decision either way RIGHT NOW which way we’ll go …..if, down the track, Brody and Catherine, you know.”

Raffy “You CAN say the word sex. The sky’s not gonna fall, and I’m not THAT young.”

Tori [as she looks wistfully at Raffy] “Too true. You’re growing up, my girl.”

Raffy [slightly mockingly] “Glad you noticed.”

Tori “Just don’t go all teenager going on 40 ….or go COMPLETELY crazy on me.”

Raffy [contemplatively] “Can’t guarantee that. But hey, back on topic, what if we think differently about the Brody sitch? It’s one on one. Does YOUR vote overrule mine, just cos you’re [cheeky tone] ‘ancient’ compared to [faux French accent] moi?”

Tori “I don’t know right now. Let’s talk it over, and see.”

TO BE CONTINUED

Thanks for the AWESOME comments Red Ranger 1, Kristen, pembie and Sarah !!!

CHAPTER 33 !!!

Whilst Raffy and Tori were having their D&M about Catherine, she realised that the lack of a sports bra or two isn’t the ONLY thing that she and Billy differed on clothes wise, so Catherine and Ruby headed to the Yabby Creek mall. Such was the whirlwind of Catherine’s offer, and the appeal of shopping for new clothes, that Ruby hadn’t had the notion that this is as BIG as it actually is ……and as the duo walk up the mall, Ruby couldn’t help herself. She takes hold of Catherine’s hand, like she ALWAYS did with Billy, but Catherine gently brushes Ruby’s hand away ……

Catherine [softly] “I’m your b/f’s sister, remember.”

Ruby [a little surprised, and apologetic] “Sorry, it’s just …….it’s a habit. You and me, hand in hand.”

Catherine “Totally get that, but we both KNOW what this place is like. If people see us holding hands, it will be FRONT PAGE news that you're cheating on …….. “

Ruby [cutting in] “Yeah. Totes.”

Catherine is glad that Ruby bought that, as she knows that that hand hold might be one of the last times that Ruby will affectionally touch the person who used to be her man.

The duo heads into one of one the fashion stores, and they go their own way at first, as sporty Catherine is keen to seek out items that suit that side of her persona. Ruby and Catherine agreed to meet up at the shop’s change rooms, and when they get there – each with an arm full or two of clothes to try on …..

Ruby “Hey, that’s ONE advantage in this whole sitch. We’ll actually be able to go into a change room together.”

Catherine “Yeah, and I can actually SEE if the clothes I buy will fit me perfectly. Billy just had to go on size and imagination and hope. Now, EVEYTHING I get will PERFECTLY fit this bod.”

Ruby and Catherine enter the change room and both strip down just bra and panties, as both have more than a number of dresses and tops and the like that they’ve selected …..

Ruby “Feels weird, but cooooool, that you’re in here with me, Billy.”

Catherine [a little sternly] “Catherine.”

Ruby [concerned, and a little annoyed that Catherine is being so formal] “We’re in a change room, BILLY.”

Catherine “I thought we said that name was only for the [softly] bedroom …. [another girl, unknown to both of them – a person who would be defined as an extra in the show, enters the change room] And besides.”

Ruby [conceding voice, as Catherine gestures subtly at the unknown girl, as a way of backing up her Billy vs Catherine notion] “Good point.”

Catherine deliberately tries on a maxi dress first, as maxi’s are the bulk of Billy’s girly wardrobe, and when its totally in place ……

Ruby [enthused voice] “Looking good, Bil ….. Catherine.”

Catherine [likewise enthused] “I thought so.”

Ruby “Looks better on you now, since …..you know”

Ruby and Catherine can’t help but glance at the unknown girl, who they can see, by her small smile, is getting the idea that Catherine has lost weight recently. Ruby and Catherine also smile the smallest of smiles, glad that the other girl thinks that.

Catherine then tries on some leggings and activewear tops [think of what Tori wears when she is in exercise mode] which doesn’t ring any alarm bells with Ruby, but when Catherine tries on a low-cut dress that’s, along with the sexy bra that she's also trying on, VERY cleavagey/alluring to men …..

Ruby [concerned] “Are you SURE about that, Catherine? It’s not very …….the old you.”

The unknown girl leaves the change room ……

Catherine “That’s cos I’m NOT the old me. I’m not ……him.”

It suddenly starts to REALLY dawn on Ruby, who is right now between outfit changes, i.e. just in bra and panties, that things aren’t so good on the good ship Bilby as she thought ….. Catherine not wanting to do anything more than hug as they drifted off to sleep last night; buying a sports bra this morn; and now both not wanting to hold hands in public AND dressing sexier than Billy EVER would …….

Ruby [more than a tad concerned] “What’s going on, BILLY?”

Catherine knows Ruby enough to know that she’s realised what she has, and as much as Catherine didn’t want that epiphany to come so soon ….

Catherine [emotionally] “Rubes, you may want to put some clothes on.”

Oh God !!!!!!, Ruby thinks ……

Ruby [emotionally] “Billy, we CAN’T be over. Not in a change room. Not like this. Why, Billy? WHY?”

Catherine runs a trouble hand through her own hair, then a tender one through Ruby’s ……

Catherine [as tears start to well in her eyes] “I’m not Billy anymore. I’m CATHERINE ….and I’m SOOO sorry.”

Ruby [trying to save her ship] “But I don’t CARE that you’re a girl now. You’re still my Billy. We CAN make this work. [pleading voice, as Catherine looks at her forlornly] Come on, there’s GOT to be enough of Billy in there to make this work.”

Catherine [emotionally] “I didn’t WANT to be another person, Rubes, but I AM. I wish things were different but ……… “

Ruby [cutting in, again with the pleading] “If I can be a lesbian for the new you, then surely …… “

Catherine [cutting in] “I REALLY am sorry, but I can’t.”

Ruby [who breathes deeply and steadies herself] “Look me in the eye, and tell me that you don’t love me. If you can do that …….. “

Ruby is BEYOND praying that there’s enough of Billy left in Catherine to make this work, and is encouraged when Billy’s “sister” looks down at her feet. Catherine is in a DEEP quandary. She knows that she doesn’t WANT to hurt Ruby, but she also knows that she doesn’t want to string her along. Catherine once more thinks about Star Trek. It’s like, Curzon Dax was going out with Ruby before he died, but now Ruby STILL wants to go out with the new Dax, Jadzia …..

….so Catherine raises her head and looks STRAIGHT at Ruby ……

Catherine [emotionally] “I’m sorry. I REALLY am, but CATHERINE doesn’t love you, Rubes.”

Ruby BURSTS into tears, and then REALLY starts bawling!!!!!

Catherine, especially knowing that she was once Billy, can’t help it. She tries to hug Ruby …..who, in the tight-ish confines of the change room, PUSHES her away …….

Ruby [screaming] “Go away !!!!!! Go AWAY !!!!!!!!”

+++

Soon after, Ruby is STILL an emotional mess. Catherine has tried her best to sort things with Ruby ……and Rubes even acknowledged that ……but Ruby BEYOND insisted that she needed to be alone for a while. Catherine, despite the break up, did so reluctantly ...... but did so eventually …..

…..and now, Ruby is sitting on one of the benches in the middle of the sun drenched Yabby Creek mall. She steadies herself a little and picks up her phone …….

Charlie [after taking her mobile out of her pocket] “Hey, Rubes.”

Ruby [emotionally] “Mum, can I come with you?”

Charlie [surprised by the emotion in her daughter’s voice] “Rubes, what’s up? Come with me where?”

Ruby [more emotionally than before] “I GOTTA get out of here. Catherine is SUCH a BITCH !!!!!”

Charlie [confused voice] “Billy’s sister. What? What’s going on, my baby girl?”

Ruby [BEYOND emotionally AND loudly, not caring WHO hears] “Catherine IS Billy, and he, she, they DUMPED me!!!!!! I GOTTA get out of here!!!! The Bay’s NOT for me anymore !!!!!”

TO BE CONTINUED

Thanks for the YUMMY comments Kristen, Red Ranger 1, Sarah and pembie !!!

CHAPTER 34 !!!

Ruby, who’s muchly still reeling from being dumped by the person who was her boyfriend, arrives at her mother’s house. Part of Ruby doesn’t even quite know how she got here. Yes, she drove here, but there was a LOT of auto pilot happening as she came to terms with what happened in THAT change room. Ruby gets out of her car, but before she starts heading for the house, Ruby sends a text. An emotional, angry text ……as right now, THAT is how she feels. Ruby had agreed to meet Charlie here, but hopes that her mum will be more accepting of her decision now …… cos Charlie wasn’t so keen on the idea of Ruby leaving town when they talked on the phone ……

Ruby [as she gets to the doorway] “Mum, you home? [she sees Charlie on the couch moments later] I’ll take that as a yes.”

Charlie sees that Ruby is still quite an emotional mess, and once more on the verge of tears, so she instantly gets up and hugs her daughter ……..

Charlie [soothingly] “There, there. Let it all out.”

Ruby muchly starts REALLY crying once more, and does so for a number of minutes, with Charlie consoling her daughter all she can ….. before Charlie can see that Ruby is keen to do more than just hug it out …………

Ruby [sternly and emotionally as she breaks away from the hug] “I know that you think shouldn’t run away. I know you didn’t actually SAY that that’s what I’m doing OR that you think I shouldn’t, but I KNOW you, Mum.”

Charlie “I KNOW you’re hurting and I know that I felt like running when Joey cheated on me, but look what happened. Bianca, one of my best friends, but who I never thought I’d have THIS kind of ship with, we got together. So who knows what can happen in the future.”

Ruby [emotionally] “But I CAN’T stay here, Even IF Catherine DOES go home, I’ll still have memories ALL over this town of Billy and me. Things we’ve done, everything. I just, I HAVE to leave.”

Charlie “Not trying to change the subject, but ……… “

Ruby [annoyed] “Which means you ARE changing the subject. Your “baby girl’s” in pain here.”

Charlie [likewise annoyed] “I just …… I can’t believe you didn’t tell me about this. That you told me what the REST of this town was told. That Catherine is Billy’s ….. I thought I meant MORE to you than that.”

Ruby is taken aback by that. Sure, she FINALLY told Charlie about the Catherine, Billy sitch during her post break up rant on the phone, but Charlie seemed to accept what Ruby said when she said it, so Ruby wasn’t expecting Charlie to launch an attack like that when Ruby is sooooo emotionally vulnerable ……..

Ruby [annoyed voice] “It only happened yesterday and I REALLY didn’t want to deal with it. Heck, if it was JUST Billy and I who were there when it happened, then nobody else would know.  Not Rosie, not Skye, and certainly not Raffy and Tori, but it happened and I can’t change that. [really sternly] Can I come with you or not?”

Charlie [trying to be soothing] “I KNOW you’re hurting, but it’s another week before B and I leave the Bay. Let’s see how you feel then. Who knows … IF you know who decides to go home, you might realise being in the Bay isn’t so bad. All your friends are here ….and I know mine are too, but I’m going TO something, a GREAT new opportunity, but you’re just ……. “

Ruby [cutting in, emotionally] “I don’t CARE that I’m running away. I got DUMPED wearing only BRA and panties!!!!!! Who does that??? I’m NEVER going to be able to go to that store again. I just HATE them both right now. Why did Billy have to have psycho parents who partially KNEW the beacon could change him TOTALLY into a girl? I just ……[breathes deeply] I NEED to get out of here. I wish we could go right now. [realises something] What’s stopping me? Nothing. I’m gonna in my car and just drive right now.”

Charlie [loudly, worriedly and sternly, as her daughter storms out of the house] “RUBY !!!!!!”

Charlie tried to grab hold of Ruby when she followed her daughter out of the house, but Ruby got to her car before Charlie could get hold of her. Ruby starts up her car and drives off at great speed …….. with Charlie hoping that nothing bad happens to her daughter as she drives.

+++

Elsewhere in the Bay, Catherine has worked up a sweat as she jogged or ran ALL the way from Yabby Creek to the Bay ……as she thinks/knows it will help her deal with what happened. Yes, she was the one who did the dumping, but she’s also emotionally affected. Catherine knows that Billy and Ruby would have been over next week anyway …. if Catherine chose to go home and be male Llahnairda again, it would have meant that “Billy” had chosen parents over Ruby ….but that still doesn’t make things easier. Catherine knows she [and Billy] hurt Ruby, but Catherine didn’t want to string her along.

Catherine has made it to the beach near the diner. She’s only barely jogging at this point and although Catherine’s only been alive for a day, she knows her athletic essence would usually totally blinkered and not paying attention to anything else but her run. However, as she exercised, Catherine could feel/see that the people she was going passed were death staring her. It had barely been an HOUR since she broke things off with Ruby. Catherine remembered, from when she was Billy, that the Bay’s grapevine moves at beyond the speed of light, but she is still a little surprised at the looks of disdain she’s getting.

Catherine sees Olivia and Tabitha, who received THAT text from Ruby and had spread the word, heading in her direction. They too are muchly with the death stares. Catherine thinks very seriously about upping her pace back to an actual run again but …….

Tabitha [calls out] “You’re such a BITCH !!!”

Catherine is a little surprised that someone has gone beyond just glaring at her, and thinks about ignoring the comment but ……

Olivia [calls out] “Yeah, a TOTAL cow for convincing your brother to break up with Ruby. She’s a MESS right now.”

Tabitha [emotionally/angrily] “You’ve been in town a DAY. Known Ruby for such a SHORT time and now her and Billy are now splitsville. Isn’t Rubes good enough for your that brother of yours?”

Olivia “She sent us a text. Told us that YOU forced Billy to break up with Rubes cos she’s not good enough for your fam.”

Catherine almost can’t believe it. Even though Ruby IS muchly with the hurting AND send a text to “the world” about it, she STILL hadn’t revealed Catherine’s secret …... OR Billy’s for that matter!!!! After all, IF Ruby did that, Catherine could be locked up a lab right now, with scientists dissecting her for the alien DNA coursing through her veins ……..

Tabitha [disdainfully] “I’m doing ALL I can to support MY sister, with her cancer, but YOU, you break up a GREAT couple. What gives, you athletic piece of work?”

Tabitha knows the power of family loyalty and devotion, being born to save her sister and all, but she remembers Ruby being there for Billy when he first arrived in town. Helping him with his amnesia. Making him remember completely who he is, so Tabitha rushes at Catherine and tackles her to the ground. Tabitha starts slapping the Bilby killer, whilst Olivia watches with a smile on her face. Part of Olivia would LOVE to be joining in right now, but she KNOWS that Tabitha is totally the fiercer of the two of them …. AND that its more fun to watch the fight, rather than be involved in it.

As Tabitha fights Catherine AND calls her EVERY swear word under the sun, Catherine does all she can to protect herself – whilst trying to get away from the fight - without harming Tabitha. Catherine can see that Tabitha’s rage is intense, but she doesn’t want to physically hurt someone right now, on top of the emotional distress she’s caused Ruby. Even Tabitha grabbing hold of her hair isn’t enough for Catherine to fight back ..she merely withstands the barrage as best she can.

Raffy and Tori exit the diner and Tabitha’s swearing, as she continued her clash with Catherine, alert the Morgan sisters to what’s going on. They rush onto the beach towards the skirmish. They see Catherine withstanding the onslaught ....….as well as Olivia’s joy at the clash …......and ……

TO BE CONTINUED

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the AWESOME comments Kristen, Sarah, Red Ranger 1 and pembie !!!

NOTE – not that it really makes a difference, but just letting you know that I didn’t post a chapter last weekend [like I usually do] as there was a LOT going on …..

…..especially the GRAND FINAL of the historic, landmark, INNAUGRAL season of the AFL W !!!!!! [Aussie Rules National Women’s League], won by the Adelaide Crows [unfortunately] over my team, the Brisbane Lions ……

….. along with the Aussie Formula One Grand Prix [further proof that Fernando Alonso is BEYOND a legend …. that McLaren had NO right to be 12th on the grid OR to be running in the top 10 for most of the race] !!!!!

CHAPTER 35 !!!

Tori [sternly] “Break it up. [Tabitha tries to slap her enemy once more but Catherine’s arms are crossed to muchly protect her face] I MEAN it !!!!!”

Raffy decides actions are better than words. She grabs Tabitha’s arm, and cops a slap or two for her trouble, but Raffy’s actions allow Catherine to get to her feet, and ……

Olivia [annoyed voice] “Why are you two defending her? She broke up Billy and Ruby. They’re the reigning Couple Of The Year. [forlornly] If THEY can break up, what hope have the REST of us got?”

Tori [hoping her suspicions about what has occurred are right] “This ISN’T some typical teenage break up. There’s more to this than you know.”

Tabitha [annoyed, after getting to her feet and dusting herself off] “We don’t care WHY. Come on, Liv. Let’s get away from these losers …before I decide to want to attack [death stares Catherine] HER again.”

Olivia and Tabitha, who’s clearly annoyed that she didn’t force Catherine to make Bilby get back together, walk away for the skirmish, and as they do ……

Catherine [wholeheartedly, after gathering her thoughts] “Thanks. Both of you. Surprised you don’t hate me too. Looks like everyone ELSE I’ve seen since the breakup does. The looks on their faces.”

Tori “Can I guess why they were attacking you? I mean, how did they find out what happened?”

Raffy “Yeah, what DID happen tween you and Ruby? From what Tori was saying to me earlier, you were thinking about a shopping trip today.”

Catherine tells them about the text Ruby send the world AND what happened in THAT shop at Yabby Creek …….

Tori “I’m no psychologist, but I can imagine how hard this is for you. Transgender people get AGES, for this very reason, before they completely change sex. I’m guessing that you, like Billy, are straight?”

Raffy [after Catherine nods] “Man, that’s gotta be tough. I mean, I’ve not even really even thought about boys ..or girls .,.,,or dating of any kind, and here you are, having an instant sex change AND …persuasion as well.”

Catherine [overwhelmed voice] “I can’t believe that ….ANYONE is on my side. Ruby’s sure not. I didn’t WANT to hurt her, but ……… “ [her voice trails off]

Tori “Did you KNOW that you going to break up with her today? Like, when we were talking this morning, did you KNOW?”

Catherine [shaking her head] “When we talked, no. It’s just, when we were in that change room. Yes, it was a STUPID, heartless place to do it ……but …… “

Tori [cutting in] “You just knew. I’ve had that with guys. Ships that aren’t working. [trying to add a little levity] Not broken up with them in a change room though.”

Catherine “Hey, I doubt this, but have either of you heard from Rubes since I …… you know?”

+++

Charlie is driving the streets of the Bay, looking for Ruby. She’s also contacted Kat, to keep an eye out for her daughter. Charlie is trying to keep her own emotions in check, knowing how that could affect her driving – doesn’t want to cause an accident of her own. Charlie knows that Ruby is hurting VERY badly and she hopes that that hasn’t led to anything bad to happen to her daughter. Bianca's wife rounds a corner and sees a car, RUBY'S car, on its SIDE !!!!! …..

……but seconds later, she “wakes up”. Charlie was merely thinking the worst as she drives along.

Meanwhile, Kat is also searching. She’s quite good friends with Charlie since they started working together. Kat was a little surprised when she first found out that Charlie is married to another woman [and that the Bay has several other same sex ships]. Big city girl Kat had encountered such ships in her home town, but wasn’t really expecting such openness in a small coastal community she now finds herself in.

Kat rounds a corner and sees Ruby’s car on the side of the road. It doesn’t look damaged, and certainly hasn’t, say, crashed onto a tree or anything of the kind. Kat parks her car behind Ruby’s and exits her vehicle. Kat cautiously approaches the driver’s side of the other car …..

Kat [cautiously, and hoping Ruby doesn’t start up her car and run] “Its’ just me, Ruby.”  

Kat arrives right beside the driver’s door. She looks in the open window and sees Ruby bawling her eyes out ……..

Kat [tentatively] “Rubes, should I ….. contact your Mum? I know she wants to know if you’re alright.”

Ruby is a little, no, a LOT, surprised by that. If I’m alright? My heart’s been RIPPED out by the person I THOUGHT I knew most in the universe. Ruby wonders if talking to anyone would help right now. She doubts it, but MAYBE, a fresh perspective ….. from Bayside newbie Kat, might help.

Ruby, who up until this point had had her head very muchly down, with her chin touching her equally forlorn upper chest, lifts her head and looks out the window. She’s further surprised ……

…….to see Kat dressed ONLY a bikini.

Am I dreaming this?, muses Ruby

Ruby [mockingly] “The Summer Bay police uniform sure has changed.”

Kat [after she smirks] “Funny. As you can see for yourself, that’s my own car, not a squad car, parked behind yours. I know how much Charlie is worried bout you, so when I got her call, I rushed straight from the beach and came here. [cheeky voice] You owe me some beach time now, by the way. [more serious voice] Now, do you want to talk about …..what happened?”

Ruby [adamantly] “Nothing’s gonna change my mind. I’ve GOT to leave. You sound like you’re good mates with mum now. She talks about you when we’re talking sometimes. [rambling a little] I mean it’s certainly not anything like “Kat’s totally hot”. And I MEAN that.  I’m just rambling. Time to take my foot out of my mouth. [more serious tone] Tell me, Kat, why shouldn’t I leave this God forsaken town that just ripped my heart out?”

Kat knows exactly what Ruby's talking about. A failed ‘ship is one of, if not the primary reason, she took this transfer to the Bay. Ruby sees the look on Kat’s face. She’s encouraged by it …..

Ruby “Kat, I KNOW you’re colleagues, friends even with Mum, but you GOTTA help me. Yeah, throw her of the scent so I can leave this STUPID town forever.”

Kat sees Ruby look at her with a look of both forlornness and expectation. Kat IS friends with Charlie, but knows what a broken heart can do to a person. Kat weighs up her options and ……

TO BE CONTINUED

Thanks for the TERRIFIC comments Kristen, Red Ranger 1 and Sarah !!!

Red Ranger 1, have you seen the latest Power Rangers big screen movie? I haven’t – will wait til it hits DVD, but I just HAD to get the Pterodactyl Battle Zoid [with Pink Ranger mini figure]. I’ve got /a/ a soft spot for any Pink Ranger, and /b/ the Zoid kinda looks like a part pink Batwing.

Oh, and whilst I haven’t seen the Power Rangers movie, I DID see [at my fave cinema] the big screen version of Oz TV series DANCE ACADEMY - with H&A alumni Jordan Rodrigues and Nick Westaway. LOOOOOOOOOVED it – I soooooooooo in LOVE with Dena Kaplan [whose sim looking sister Ariel was in NEIGHBOURS until midway thru last year] !!!!!

Anywho, back to BLADES OF SKYE !!!!

CHAPTER 36 !!!

Kat talks to Ruby, doing so in a way that’s at times supportive of her thoughts to run, but also trying to give Ruby food for thought about staying, but it’s ALL just to keep Rubes there …… as when Kat pulled up behind Charlie’s daughter’s car, she made a quick phone call ……

Ruby, as she talks, sees an annoying familiar face riding a mountain bike towards them  ……..

Ruby [shocked] “WHAT !!!! You called HER !!!! I thought …..you were on MY side here.”

Kat “I think you’re too close to things. You shouldn’t …….”

Ruby [cutting in] “I don’t CARE what I should do. I want to get out of here.”

Kat “Just hear her out. Think it will help.”

Ruby rolls her eyes and then glares at Kat. Ruby sooooooo wants to run, but knows that the new cop in town has a point. They both see athletic Catherine dismount from what looks like a brand-new bicycle and remove her also new helmet. Ruby, at that moment, realises that its really not looking like Catherine is going to return to her home world …… or if she is, she’s certainly spending LOTS of the money Billy earned - as, like, a way say goodbye to Earth. Catherine approaches the driver’s side of Ruby’s car .........

Ruby [sullenly] “What do you want?”

Catherine [sympathetically] “Please, can we talk? I KNOW I hurt you, but ….. “

Ruby [cutting in with an annoyed voice] “Why should I listen to you? Do you know how EMBARASSING it is to be DUMPED when you’re only in bra and panties? [Catherine looks at her forlornly, and thinks of a response] That was a rhetorical question.”

Catherine [pleading] “Just hear me out.”

Ruby [sullenly] “OK, but this better be worth it.”

Kat [as she opens the passage door and exits Ruby’s car] “That’s my cue to bail.”

Catherine smirks, as she kinda hopes Kat doesn’t go too far …as Catherine knows that Ruby has every right to be VERY angry with her. Billy’s “sister” sits where Kat was just moments ago, feeling the niceness of the warm car set, and when she looks settled ,…..

Ruby [sullenly] “So talk.”

Catherine had thought about this moment since Kat contacted her. Time to put those thoughts into action …….

Catherine “I know I hurt you ….. “

Ruby [angry voice] “Get out of this car and GET OFF this planet !!!”

Catherine [firmly] “No. I’ve GOT to succeed in my new mission.”

Ruby [perplexed] “That sex change has REALLY fried your brain.”

Catherine “Hear me out. [Ruby looks at her restlessly] I’m gonna find you a new, even-BETTER-than-Billy boyfriend.”

Ruby [REALLY perplexed] “WHAT?!?!?”

Catherine “You CAN do better than my ‘brother’.“

Ruby [annoyed voce] “What ??? And drop the whole brother thing, this is ME you’re talking to. And how can ANYONE be better? You came across the UNIVERSE to be with me!!! Girl you may have forgotten that, but I NEVER will. No girl would.”

Catherine suspected that that “might” be Ruby’s response ….as she knows Charlie’s daughter like the proverbial back of her hand …….

Catherine “I bet any guy with the means and opportunity would do the same. I just had the luck of having the ability to morph AND to be able to get here.”

Ruby almost can’t believe what she’s just heard, so she smiles ...

Ruby [happy voice] “THAT, what you just said, had Billy written ALL over it. The man I love. The man I’ll ALWAYS love. Not just ANY man would do what you did. Even with the POTENTIAL means and opp. They just wouldn’t.”

Catherine “Rubes, I KNOW he meant a LOT to you …..but he’s gone now. [slight apprehension] You ….you should move on.”

Ruby [after death staring Catherine once more] “You think it’s THAT easy? That I’M that easy? Billy’s affectively JUST been put in the GRAVE.”

Catherine “He …..wants you to move on. Not RIGHT now .......... but when you’re ready, I’ll help.”

Ruby can’t believe what she’s hearing, in ways. Billy wanting to help her, even though he’s not a guy any more, DOES sound like the man she loves ….. as weird as that sounds. She just wishes THAT part of Catherine was front and centre earlier …….to stop Ruby getting dumped in THAT change room. Still, with Billy seeming to be coming to the fore of Catherine again ……..

Ruby [sarcastically, as Charlie's daughter can’t help herself] “We’re not going to go all time travel like we did with Sash, are we? Cos that worked SOOOO well.”

Catherine smirks, as she knows that whilst ultimately Sasha and Blake got together, it wasn’t before several issues. Time to focus on the now though ………

Catherine [optimistically] “Does this mean you’re staying?”

TO BE CONTINUED

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the FANTASTIC comments Kristen, Sarah, Red Ranger 1 and pembie !!!

CHAPTER 37 !!!

Raffy is walking along, exploring the Bay which is still so very new to her family. She ventures onto the rocks beyond the rock pool at the southernmost point of the main beach. Raffy wonders a little of she’ll encounter one of the mermaids who secretly live in the town. That was pretty big being told that ……. especially now also knowing the Bay is currently home to a now former, maybe, alien …..as Raffy and Tori, or anyone – even Catherine herself- don’t know if there’s any alien at all left in her. It’s like, is Catherine like Billy was ….with alien DNA hidden below the very human surface? Tori asked Catherine if she could run some tests, despite knowing that scientists would pounce of ANY result that suggested a being of alien origin. Catherine VERY quickly shut that idea down. 

Raffy steadily journeys over the rocks, which constantly have the ocean lapping at them. She chooses the placement of her feet well, as one bad step could mean no more Raffy, or at the very least a dangerous swim of survival. The youngest Morgan makes her way slowly around a rock that juts out quite a bit. Raffy has a small ledge that’s part of the large rock formation to work with. She looks behind and around her. No other options …. Unless she REALLY wants to backtrack a fair way. Raffy pushes on ….and slowly makes her way to the other side of the jutting out rock.

When she’s made her way to said other side, Raffy is a little surprised to see that she is not alone on these rocks. Raffy knows that she could very well startle the person she’s seen, but best to make her presence known …….

Raffy [almost tongue in cheek voice] “Hoping to encounter an “Angel”, are you?”

Catherine doesn’t respond immediately, but soon after turns her head to face Raffy …..

Catherine [surprised voice] “Oh !! Hey.”

Raffy “Hey ……..[thinks quickly of something to say] It’s good that Ruby’s staying. She’s seems pretty cool.”

Catherine [kind of nonchalantly] “From the guy who used to date her, I say VERY yeah to that.”

Raffy begins to wonder whether she should have interrupted Catherine at all ….

Raffy [tentatively] “Do you ……. Should I leave you …… “

Catherine [cutting in] “No. Stay. Sit with me. [Raffy complies] I thought I needed to get away from everyone ….to really begin to decide whether I stay or go. Do I REALLY want to be Catherine? As it STILL feels weird being a  girl …. Not that I’m saying girls are weird …….. “

Raffy [cutting in slightly] “We CAN be, but so can boys.”

Catherine “I KNOW. Been one most of my life. Yeah, either Llahnairda or Billy …and now I’m, yeah ……… “ [her voice trials off]

Raffy, from her encounters with Catherine, likes her. Raffy tries to think of what she can say to convince the new girl in town to stay …….

Raffy [who can’t help but go with something undeniably obvious] “My brother likes you. Like, REALLY likes you.”

Catherine is a more than a little blindsided by that. I’ve been a girl for a “microsecond” and a male is ALREADY interested. Don’t recall sending out any come get me, boys vibes or even thinking about it. Too busy trying to adjust and/or figure out if she wants this to be permanent ……

Catherine “Your brother?”

Raffy “Yeah, Brody. He owns Salt. The moment he saw you, he was  hooked.“

Catherine [cutting in] “But I don’t recall ever actually meeting him. I mean, you and Tori have mentioned him, but I don’ recall ,…….. “

Raffy [cutting in, to prompt her friend] “Was the morning you bought a sports bra at the gym.”

Catherine [surprised voice] “Oh !!! Right. I was in the restaurant for a few seconds. I can’t believe ….that’s funny. I was a guy until the DAY before that and now ……. I’m just getting used to this sitch …barely ……and ….. [worried voice] Oh, God!!!!!!”

Raffy [equally worried] “What?”

Catherine “IF …..and this is a BIG if, what if I stay and I get together with a guy?”

Raffy “Brody doesn’t know your deal. [Catherine looks at Raffy inquisitively] Tori and I debated it.”

Catherine “You DEBATED it?”

Raffy “Yeah, we eventually agreed that we wouldn’t say anything to him. Yeah, let you tell him in your own time ….inspite of the possible reaction. [dead pan] Like, we both could be out of his will. [Catherine has a worried look on her face] Just kidding.”

Catherine [smiley voice] “You’re no help. [more serious tone] Actually, maybe you’re the best person to talk to about this. I mean, I’m older than you …….. “

Raffy [cutting in a little, smiley voice] “Yeah, you’re positively ANCIENT, [more serious] unless you ARE actually really ancient and you just haven’t told the likes of me and Tori that yet?”

Catherine “No, Rubes and I were about same age when we met. [reflective tone] That was one of the reasons I was drawn to  her. Not the only reason, but it helped. Well, one of the reasons Billy was, anyway.”

Catherine doesn’t want to be thinking about her old life, but can’t help it. Raffy sees her friend’s clear discomfort ……

Raffy "When you were saying before that I was a great person to speak to right now, what did you mean?”

Catherine [startled, but pleased that Raffy has bought them back on topic] “Oh yeah, what I meant was …… I mean I know I slept with Ruby when I was Billy, but you and Catherine me are …….  You know, actually, maybe this is TOO adult a convo.”

Raffy [matter of factly] "You mean we’re both virgins. I can deal with that. I mean I don’t plan on going there for a while. No offence to the previous version of you, but boys are .... [disdainful tone] urgh !!!!!!”

Catherine “None taken. I remember that ….and I wouldn’t have gone further than I did … that I kinda tried to force myself on Rubes when I had morphed into Xavier [Catherine sees another, more personal this time, look of disdain on Raffy’s face] Not proud of it. Weird way of trying to get Ruby to prove that she still loved me when Xave threatened to expose my secret and ran me out of town …..anyway, boys aren’t ALL bad, and when those hormones of yours TRULY kick in ………. “

Raffy [finishing her friend’s sentence] “Yeah, I bet I’ll be eating my current words. I mean, my mum’s gone …..although Tor’s doing her best to step up that plate.”

Catherine [happy, yet reflective tone] “I remember stories my mum told me about how great she felt, for the most part, when she was preggy with me. And how she felt watching me grow up."

Raffy [similarly reflective] “Same. I miss my mom. I know what I said about boys before, but I know, end game, that I want to be a good a mum as mine was to me. [pause] I guess the question you have to ask yourself, truly, is if you want to be a mum here on Earth, or a dad back home ….or neither. I don’t know. What do you think?”

Catherine looks at her friend. She knows that being a mum or a dad isn’t the only thing that should sway her decision, but the way that Raffy talked about her deceased mother, along with Catherine’s thoughts of her own mum back on Liagiba …..and the hormones that Catherine now has, lead her to a decision …….

Catherine “Hey, Raff.”

Raffy “Yeah.”

Catherine [happy voice] “I think it will be REALLY great when our kids go on play dates together.”

Raffy doesn’t respond instantly. She almost can’t believe what she’s just heard, but then …..

She hugs her friend !!!!!!

Raffy [VERY happy voice] “That will be AWESOME !!!!!!”

TO BE CONTINUED

• 3 weeks later...

MUCHLY thanks for the comments Kristen, Red Ranger 1, pembie and Sarah!!!

CHAPTER 38 !!!

Catherine is in the longue room of her house. She looks more than a little pensive. There’s a conversation she needs to have, but it’s a worrying, bittersweet one. Catherine is taken out of her thoughts when she hears voices as people enter the house …….

Ruby [as Catherine turns to look at her, well, Billy’s ex] “Big day, eh.”

Catherine [pensive] “Could be TOO much.”

Raffy “Glad you’ve invited us to be here.”

Catherine “Well, I know Catherine me is new to this world, so it’s good to have good friends around, including one that’s going to help me find a man ….when the time is right.”

Ruby “Sorry to go all “Friends” on you, but most definitely I’ll be there for you.”

Raffy [as Catherine smiles] “So ….. how you think your parents will react?”

Catherine “Like to THINK things will be all good. Hoping …… yeah, just hoping.”

Ruby “So, how’s this gonna work?

Catherine “My parents should ………. “

They all hear a rather loud beep emitting form the triangular device Raffy and Tori dug up in the bush !!!

Catherine [slightly worried voice] “Right on cue.”

Catherine, Ruby and Raffy all look towards the alien machine. All are more than a little pensive. Catherine’s parents told her that she had to choose tween her real home world, Drahnrae, and Earth …but what if they change the game somehow???

Light emits from the device, and Catherine and her friends see a hologram of her parents, with their upside down faces and, although the blue-ish white light of the hologram doesn’t really show it, multi coloured skin. Ruby and Raffy look at Catherine moments after they saw Kcivrah, her father, and Isela, her mum. They saw a very brief smile, and thought correctly that Catherine was a little pleased ….if only to actually see her parents, images of them anyway, again …..

Isela [heartfelt voice] “Good to see you again, my ….son.”

Catherine noted the awkward tone when her mum referred to her as male, and decides that there’s no point prolonging what’s going to happen. She HAS to tell them that she’s decided to ….. no…... thinking it right now, THAT will make it REALLY real …….

Catherine [matter of fact voice] “Yeah, good to see you both. [deep breath] I’ve made my decision. I …….. “

Kcivrah [cutting in, urgent voice] “Wait, Llahnairda !!!!”

Catherine almost can’t believe it. Both in that her dad called her by her alien, male name and that he interrupted such a BIG moment in her life ………..

Isela [heartfelt voice, after placing her hand on her beloved’s] “Your father and I ….we were wrong. We NEVER should have put you in the positon where you had to choose us or your new life and ………

Kcivrah [finishing her sentence] “And for turning you into a girl. We never meant that.”

Raffy and Ruby look at Catherine. She’s in shock even more than they are. They knew she had decided to stay … to be a mum and all that comes with that …..but to hear her parents say THAT was just ………

Raffy “So, what happens now? [cautious voice] Can Catherine be?  …. No, I can’t ask that.”

Kcivrah [presuming Raffy’s question] “Can Catherine be Billy again?”

There’s a BLINDING flash of light and when it dissipates .,………

Ruby [beyond in shock, questioning voice] “Billy?”

Ruby almost, no, she CAN’T believe her old beau, unchanged physically from when she saw him last, is sitting beside her once more !!!!!! It’s too much a dream/fairytale for her to deal with ……..

But things become real when Raffy HUGS Billy !!!!!!!!

Isela “Good to TRULY have you back, SON.”

Billy [moments after Raffy stops hugging him] “Mum ….. [shocked, in a good way, voice] I’m a guy again !!!!!!! TOTALLY Oh My God !!!!”

Billy can’t help it. He does the first thing that comes into his head ……..

He kisses Ruby on the lips !!!!!!

But she pushes him away ……such is her shock that it happened, and ……..

Ruby [as Billy looks at her with a confused look] “Billy, you broke up with me. Yes, I know that actually Catherine did, but still ……. We’re broken up right now, so you have to woo me.”

Billy [still looking all confused] “I have to WHAT?”

Ruby “You just can’t walk back into my life like this.”

Raffy [responding to the continually confused look on his face] “Billy, woo is an Earth term [sarcastic tone] from about the 14th century. [matter of fact voice] Means you gotta win Ruby over all over again ….which seems fair, given that you kinda dumped her ….. especially where you did it. AND how undressed she was.”

Billy is overawed by it all. He’s completely speechless. Raffy sees this and thinks she knows Billy well enough to proceed ……..

Raffy “So, Billy’s parents, can your son morph again or ….what did Rosie call it … Jazz? [excited voice] And does he still have alien DNA deep down? And did he when he was Catherine?”

Kcivrah “Son …… [Billy is still lost in his own thoughts] Billy …… [Billy stirs, almost not believing that his father called him by his human name] Your offspring ,…… “

Billy [cutting in, slightly worried, but mostly enthused voice] “Yes?”

Kcivrah “They, like YOU do, will have our DNA coursing through their mostly human veins.”

Billy almost can’t believe it ……..and he wants to show physically how amazed and touched he feels by that. Kissing Ruby isn’t an option, but he CAN see that she is pleased for him ……

So he hugs Raffy instead !!!!!

A deep, heartfelt bear hug, that Raffy REALLY likes ……… to the point where ……..

Raffy [when the hug is over] “Can you morph again? [turns to look at the holograms of Billy’s parents] Please tell me that he can.”

Isela “Billy, totally give it a shot.”

Raffy “Can I ask the BIGGEST of favors, Billy? I know we’re both not girl virgins any more, but ……. “

Billy [cutting in, friendly voice] “You’re a friend, Raff. A GOOD one, so ………. “

Billy’s voice deliberately trails off, and ……..

Raffy [emotional voice] “Can you …… I know you’ve just turned back into a boy, but ……my mum and I were sooooo close. Sure, Tori’s doing a GREAT job, but ……[Raffy sees Billy looking at her with a very willing look on his face, and tears start welling in her eyes] I want a hug from my mum.”

Billy looks at Raffy. Part of him, a LOT of him, feels same about wanting a hug from his own mum … despite deciding to stay on Earth with the original ultimatum, and as Billy thinks about this, he sees Ruby get up on the couch that the trio of on. Ruby notices that Billy is aware of her movement ……

Ruby “Better grab you something like a sheet, so the world and especially Raffy doesn’t get all embarrassed when those clothes you’re wearing get ……. “

Billy [finishing the sentence] “All ripped to shreds. Been there, done that. Thanks, Rubes, and Mum and Dad, I know we’ve talked like this semi often, but I’m definitely going to make the effort to visit you guys pretty often. Like, invite my g/f to meet you face to face if I KNOW we are serious enough ….and if/when I get married …….. “ [his voice trails off]

Kcivrah “That will be …. VERY great, my son.”

Kcivrah hugs Isela as Ruby enters the room with a bed sheet in hand ……..

Raffy “Billy, thank sooooo much …..and can this be ….. a thing? Like, a regular thing?”

Billy [smiley voice] “Put it this way, you’ll HAVE to buy me some dresses in your mum’s size and style.”

Raffy MUCHLY smiles, and starts to tear up once more …..and, with his parents watching in, Billy wraps the sheet around his body and psyches himself to change for the first time since he was turned into Catherine. Billy thinks about the photos of Kate Morgan that Raffy has shown him ……….and moments later, he morphs into Raffy’s middle aged, dark, long haired mother !!!!!!

Raffy’s smile gets even BIGGER and she can’t help herself. She quickly gets up off the couch and HUGS her mum …… the likeness of her anyway ,,…..

Raffy [in tears, moments after Kate hugs back] “I’ve missed you sooooooo much.”

Billy as Kate [playing the part, also in tears] “Same here, my baby girl.”

As Raffy cries even more, Ruby looks on, seeing the heartfelt bond tween morphed mother and daughter. She sees Billy’s parents looking lovingly at the hugging duo, before Ruby heads out of the house ….to give Raffy and her “mum” some space.

TO BE CONTINUED

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the WONDEFUL comments Red Ranger 1, Kristen, Sarah and pembie!!!

Pembie, Billy [off screen] changed back to his teen male form moments after the hug finished.

CHAPTER 39 !!!

Raffy’s heart is racing!!!!

She’s just been woken from her slumber by a terrible nightmare!!!! Someone she knows was SCREAMING !!!!

It’s just after 7am and she knows that Tori & Brody have gone to work AND that the people she needs to contact, Skye, Billie and their team mates [and their opponents], are already out in bushland training for the BIG race tomorrow.  ……AND then things get MUCH worse!!!!

Raffy can’t believe it. She’s TOTALLY in shock. Her mobile phone, which is TOTALLY her life, is dead!!!!! Raffy can’t believe that she killed it by not charging it overnight. Raffy starts to cry. She remembers talking to Catherine about wanting to be a mum, and yet now, she’s just KILLED her “child”. Raffy, amidst her tears, can’t believe how irresponsible she’s been …….

Raffy starts to howl. Sure, if she was thinking logically, she could just recharge her phone, but her nightmare … along with this phone shock, has southed the usually quite astute and logical brain of the uber smart blonde teen.

The youngest Morgan sibling howls and cries. Then she hears something else. SomeONE else. OMG ‘!!!!!!! Raffy remembers her nightmare!!!!!!

The person screaming and crying in it was Skye!!!

Raffy picks up receiver of her landline phone. No dial tone! Can today get any worse? Raffy muses, before she races put the door. She gladly hears it shut behind her. No time to go back for it if it didn’t, even if potential consequences of it not being shut would have been annoying to say the least. As she bolts towards her destination, Raffy realises that this run IS taking it out of her. Why didn’t I take up Tori on her offer to join her when she exercises or does yoga?, Raffy muses.

Raffy reaches the caravan park, and she doesn’t even think twice about entering the side entrance of the main house without knocking. Raffy catches her breath a little before ……

Raffy [calls out breathlessly] “Mr. Stewart? …… Mr. Stew ……… “

Alf enters the room. He’d been upstairs but her heard the commotion of the door being opened, and then heard a distressed voice calling out his name …..

Alf [worried voice] “What is it, young Raffy?”

Raffy [still quite breathless]” Mr. Stewart, you gotta help me. Us.”

Alf [concerned voice] “Calm down, and we can talk about this.”

Raffy [quite distressed] “I had a nightmare. Skye’s dad hauled her away with him. She was SCREAMING. Insisted that her team had forfeited their right to be in the race cos Tori & I are their friends so we’re biased against him. I can’t contact anyone cos there’s out training in the bush. [several deep breathes to try to calm herself] I need a BIG favour, Mr. Stewart.”

Alf “I can drive you to them. [friendly voice, after he sees a look that suggests that’s not what Raffy meant] How can I REALLY help?”

Raffy “YOU need to the one who buries what they’re trying to find. EVERYONE knows you’re Mr. Summer Bay. Even Skye’s dad, as thick and evil as he is, knows it.”

Alf “Sounds like you care a lot about Skye and her friends.”

Raffy “I do. [she thinks of both hugging her parents AND her hug yesterday with Billy as her mum] I mean I know that I’d give ANYTHING to have just 1 more moment with MY parents, [annoyed voice] but Skye’s dad. He’s such a ……….. “

Alf [cutting in with a pre-emptive, annoyed voice] “No language like that in my house.”

Raffy [sheepishly] “Sorry.”

Alf “Good to hear. Now, I know you said that the teams are out training, but why can’t you contact them. I thought you youngster’s phones are glued to your hands these days.”

Raffy [sheepishly once more] “Yeah, I killed mine. Stupidly forgot to charge it overnight,”

Alf “Well, let’s contact Skye …. and her dad. Tell them what’s what.”

+++  

It’s the day of the race. Both teams are at the start line. There’s a decent crowd gathered about – most seem to be on Skye’s team’s side. Skye’s dad looks at his daughter with a vengeful look on his face. As well as thinking of her, he wonders if he made the right call allowing Alf to be the person who buried the items the teams are searching for. Skye’s dad hasn’t been in the Bay long, but he can tell how parochial towards the locals Alf is. However, Skye’s dad thinks he’s seen enough yesterday to see that Alf is genuine and would be completely fair. The perfect person to perform the task …….Hopefully.

TO BE CONTINUED

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the AWESOME comments Kristen, pembie, Red Ranger 1 and Sarah!!!

Only a chapter or so to go after this one.

CHAPTER 40 !!!

“Yes !!!!! I’ve found it !!!!” ………

…. exclaims Hunter as he removes the toy lightsaber in the pretty decently sized hole in the ground that Alf had dug.

Hunter [slightly less exuberant than a moment ago] “Now to get everyone here. [Hunter removed the long range walkie talkie from his pocket] Andy, Mr. Peters, everyone, I’ve found it. Here’s my co-ordinates.”

Hunter relays his location to the rest of his team. They acknowledge and start heading in his direction, but Hunter knows that this race isn’t won yet. He knows the rules. ALL team members need to be present at the place where the lightsaber is removed from the ground when a photo of the whole team holding said saber and the map co-ordinates that are attached to it is posted online using a hashtag that is also attached.  Skye’s dad, Mr. Peters, thought it was best that his team splits up and tried to individually find the prize, but Skye’s team stayed together in their quest.

Indeed, as Skye’s dad, Andy and Skye’s dad’s farmer friends charge towards Hunters’ position, Skye and her team are making their way through reasonably dense bushland. Rosie has Skye’s dream playing over and over in her head …….

Billie [after she ducks underneath a tree branch] “Are you sure this is the best way, Rosie?”

Rosie [as they all continue to journey at pace] “Skye’s dream is my map. I just KNOW there’s a steep hill beyond this area that we’re going through now. I know it seems pretty thick, but it’s the quickest way. AND it’s still good enough so Sasha won’t have many issues with her all terrain.”

Sasha [as she journeys with her friends in her all terrain motorized wheelchair] “Terrain’s good by me. Think I’m gonna hire this thing longer than I planned. REALLY explore this bushland. Should be ace.”

As Skye’s team races the dense-ish terrain, Andy is making his way as quick as he can to where Hunter has found the lightsaber.

Skye’s team reach the bottom of the hill.

Mr. Peters races through some trees.

Bush queen Rosie leads the charge up the hill.

Mr. Peters’ farmer friend, Bill, arrives where Hunter is. That’s two of their group there now.

Ruby and the others scurry up the hill.

Andy arrives where Hunter is and picks up the toy lightsaber. Wish it was red, he muses.

Skye’s team makes it to the top of the hill. All look towards Skye …..

Skye [as she points to her right with her at about a 45 degree angle] “Let’s dig there. Sash ……." 

Sasha [cutting in] “I’m all over social media. Hope that loser dad of yours doesn’t beat us,  but ……. “

Skye, Billie, Rosie and Ruby start digging, with Sasha urging them on. Skye knows if the dig seems to be taking too long, Sasha will join them digging.

Fred, Mr. Peters’ farm neighbour, arrives where Hunter and the others are …..

Hunter [nervously optimistic voice] “Just one more to go now.”

Mr. Peters continues his charge. Can’t be too far now before he makes it. He sooooo hopes that Skye will be back in his clutches before this day is out.

Sasha is now digging with the rest of her team. Skye hopes that Rosie has interpreted her dream well. The team keeps digging.

Mr. Peters can tell he’s not far from Hunter and the others. Half a kilometre or so. His LUST to have Skye locked in her bedroom where he believes she belongs drives him on.

TO BE CONTINUED

Archived