Home and Away ITV airings

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:43 AM, home and away 1988-2000 said:

Interesting to know if anyone has noticed anything on the 1995 eps, that was edited out on ITV? 

Well, Laura's death obviously, removed from both the end of the episode and the recap by ITV. I think 1665 ended early with the kiss between Shannon and Marcus, with the ITV edit of the next episode turning it into a tell-don't-show off-screen death with Ailsa turning up in the aftermath and being told what happened, leaving me trying to work out if I'd missed an episode.(The fact that some guy that we've never seen before but everyone acts as though we have plays a key role in the scene didn't help with the confusion.)I think the listings even said Laura died in 1665, leaving me a bit confused when it didn't happen.

I can't believe they cut the WHOLE scene! I mean they could have just ended the episode after Laura runs out and Curtis yells her name, or EVEN when she says "We could make a run for it" and he says "Don't be stupid". Then at least it would have made sense to start the next episode with Ailsa arriving on the scene, you could at least piece together what happened.

Ah, interesting.I didn't remember that scene but I wasn't sure if it was my memory at fault.

I suspect there was concern about it being imitative behaviour: You'd think what happened to Laura would put people off, but then the storyline demonstrates that once someone gets an idea in their head common sense doesn't come into it.(Did they not have barriers at level crossings in 1995?)

Archived