Home and Away ITV airings

26 minutes ago, Dan F said:

It was literally the last scene shown on ITV, where they were announcing their intentions to Judith at the end of the episode, where they made a cut - the scene in question was shown intact in Channel 5's catchup ep and the pre-titles recap, and obviously the actual moving in came after that.

Ah, that's probably where I saw it then.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gerard said:

While I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, I'm sure there were times when the censorship was inconsistent.

Back in the old days, I used to maintain "Summer Bay Web", which was the "Back to the Bay" of the 1990's really. We used to have a Censorship section that detailed every cut to every episode in the late 90's. I probably still have these archived somewhere, although the website went away around the time H&A started on Channel 5, I did some web archaeology and found this:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020225071934/http://www.summerbayweb.com/news/arc/121100c.asp

which includes mention of the dropped abduction episode (understandable at the time) and a letter from none other than John Holmes himself, who was sent a VHS video tape of an edited episode (how times have changed! :)) Not sure where the Censorship section of the website disappeared to in the web archive though.

Sort of Knew it was you. I used to visit that site a fair bit between the ages of 11-15. 

And to H&A fan, to re-establish an old point I made a while back; H&A probably would have been shown in graveyard slots of ITV/Wound up on ITV2 at stupid o' clock if they kept it.

It seems to me that there wasn't much they did leave in. At the risk of going slightly off topic, similar thing would happen to UK shows shown over here, a prime example is "The Goodies". This was shown in Australia as a children's show usually at 6/6.30pm, and as it was considered a satirical adult comedy show in the UK, the scissors got quite a workout.

On 16/1/2016 at 11:08 PM, Gerard said:

The even altered the closing credits in 1994 to remove the shot of the guy at the end having a shower (wearing shorts)

That's the best bit!

Oh I Used to love those British comedies, I have wonderful childhood memories of watching them with the family on the big old boxy black and white tellie, and then when my parents finally progressed onto the world of colour tv ( they were a bit behind the times) are you being served, dads army, some mothers do ave em.....to name a few. 

4 hours ago, bronson said:

It seems to me that there wasn't much they did leave in. At the risk of going slightly off topic, similar thing would happen to UK shows shown over here, a prime example is "The Goodies". This was shown in Australia as a children's show usually at 6/6.30pm, and as it was considered a satirical adult comedy show in the UK, the scissors got quite a workout.

That's the best bit!

In the home and away credits I liked that bit too:P.  And then there was the guy with the group of lifesavers pulling the boat in, he had his shorts hitched up way to high at the back giving everyone an eyeful (major wedgie lol).  Also love the guy surfing with the dog on his board....very clever.

I always thought it was pretty appalling that ITV cut the closing credits to about 5 seconds. I was never sure if they were legally obliged to do it (on imported series), in order to meet broadcasting regulations, or they did it because they could, in order to fit in more adverts and trailers. Either way, it did nothing to improve the popularity of the show.

I remember they even cut the opening credits to a couple of seconds (on several occasions), back in the days when they used to be full length. I only saw this happen a handful of times though.

Archived