Baby Evie

Phoebe

Thank you everyone for the comments! I hope you all like this chapter :)

Chapter 21

"Okay why am I so nervous about this?" Matt adjusted the cap on his head, making sure it was on backwards and wasn't crooked. Evelyn knew Matt hated meeting new people but she didn't think it affected him this badly. She grabbed his hand and looked into his eyes.
"They've only heard good things about you so far, I didn't tell them about that girl you pashed or the attitude you gave me when I first got pregnant. They only know of all the support and love you've given me, there's no reason to be nervous, okay?" Evelyn stood on her tippy-toes and kissed him. They broke up and he smirked at her.
"I feel much better, but I may need another one?" Evelyn shook her head and took his hand and walked through the door of the diner. Evelyn waved to Irene and Leah behind the counter and Chris gave her a big thumbs up. "Is it weird meeting up with people at your place of work?" Matt whispered in her ear. Evelyn spotted the others sitting at a table of six. The girls were on one side, there was a spot for Evelyn in the middle and the boys were on the other side with a spot in the middle for Matt.
"Is it weird for you when we go to Angelo's?" Matt shrugged and Evelyn rolled her eyes at him. They walked over to the table and Olivia got up and hugged her. Olivia sat across from a blonde boy who must be Hunter. Evelyn extended her hand "You must be Hunter, I'm Evelyn." Hunter smiled and shook her hand. Evelyn wrapped her arm around Matt who was still clearly nervous. "This is Matt, Matt this Olivia, April, Dex and Hunter." Matt waved nervously and watched as Evelyn took her seat in between the two girls, she said hello to April. Matt sat in his sit and said hello to the other boys.
"Matt looks like he's going to spew." April said to her, her voice filled with amusement. Matt had gone extremely pale but was still managing to keep a steady conversation with the two of them Evelyn heard Dex say something about watching the kids and April must of heard too because she rolled her eyes.
"Believe it or not, he's doing much better than he usually does." Olivia looked her with confusion in her eyes. Colour had started to return to Matt's cheeks and he was talking louder. Evelyn smiled at him and he poked his tongue out at her.
"Was he nervous?" Olivia asked, she sounded genuinely concerned. Evelyn nodded her head.
"He doesn't do well around new people. Are you ready to order?" Evelyn said to the rest of the group, they all nodded. Evelyn waved Chris over. Chris walks behind Evelyn and ruffles her hair.
"What can I get you ladies and gents and Evelyn." Evelyn raised her eyebrows at him and he just smirked at her
"I don't fall into one of those categories?" Chris shrugged at her. Evelyn could feel the other's eyes on her. Matt was shaking his head the the two of them.
"I'm convinced you're an alien, Matt did you know that you're dating an alien?" Matt chuckled and the other four were still very confused. "I need to get your order before Irene comes over and flicks my ear, so what would you like?" They all ordered hot chocolates and Chris walked away to get them. Olivia coughed and gave Evelyn a look.
"He's my uncle and coworker, he acts more like my best friend though." They all nod and the boys go back to talking about whatever they were talking about before.
"Mason was such a pain this morning, he just wouldn't let me leave. He loves going to daycare, I don't understand why he was being so difficult this morning." Evelyn had witnessed first hand a little person's fury. Baby Casey had a terrible temper when he was in a bad mood, Ricky's arms are usually covered in scratches from his tantrums.
"My sister is hanging to baby sit, I don't think my brother in law wants another child around though, he has a daughter who is like 13-14 and they have a baby boy who's one. Dex's sister Sasha says she'll hold the baby but she won't be on baby sitting duty until they can wipe their own bum." Dex's sister reminded Evelyn of VJ, VJ said if she spews on him he'll never hold her again.
"Sasha should meet my cousin VJ, they sound exactly the same. I have a twin, Oscar, him and his fiance are keen to keep my little girl overnight as soon as she's born. Matt firmly told the both of them that that won't be happening for a while." The other two girls chuckled. Chris came back with there hot chocolates.
"Hannah said to tell you that she's coming over for tea tonight, I think she's making me go to?" Chris said as he handed over her drink. Evelyn and Matt both nodded. "When are you coming back to work? We're swamped and old ladies keeping asking when the lovely young pregnant girl is coming back and I keep having to say that I don't know." Chris sooked to all of them.
"When Leah let's me come back, now get to work Uncle Chris." Chris flicked her arm before walking off whistling the theme song to friends.
"Hey Dex, Evie says that Sash should meet her cousin VJ." April says. Matt quirks his eyebrow at Evelyn and Dex shakes his head vigorously.
"Sasha will crush him, she's a monster." April reached over and hit his arm. Dex scowled and rubbed it better.
"VJ sounds a lot like her is all." Dex swallowed his mouthful of hot chocolate and wiped his mouth.
"Sasha dumped her last boyfriend by pretending she didn't know him. You can't get worse than Sash." Evelyn thought back to the other day when VJ broke it off with that little red headed girl.
"VJ dumped a girl by saying she was clingy and annoying when she came over to say hello." Dex hesitated before nodding his head.
"Yeah okay maybe they should meet." Evelyn and April clapped their hands and Olivia giggled. Matt shook his head.
"VJ will possibly kill you for this."

"You did what?" VJ slammed his phone down on the couch and Evelyn smiled at him nervously. Matt mouthed I told you so before running up the stairs. Evelyn regretted setting VJ and Sasha up already, it was clear that VJ was going to go into it with a bad attitude.
"Will you search her up on Facebook before you bite my head off please? I think she's pretty. Her name is Sasha Bezmel." April's lock screen was her and Sasha when they were out for tea before April got pregnant. Sasha was brunette and had brown eyes to match. VJ sighed and picked up his phone and started typing. After a minute or two VJ raised his eyebrows.
"Okay, you've set me up with someone pretty, but still, you've should texted me first. What if I had a girlfriend? What if I'm gay?" Evelyn raised her eyebrows at him and he rolled his eyes. "I'm not but what if I was? You'd have to call up your friend and say 'oh sorry, VJ likes boys' ask me first next time Evie" Evelyn snorted.
"Alright grumble guts, a thank you would be nice by the way." VJ rolled his eyes and mumbled out a thank you. Evelyn turned on the TV and teen mom began playing. Evelyn and VJ started laughing. "Oh god." VJ's head was thrown back and Evelyn swore she heard him snort.
"Why didn't you apply for that?" VJ said through fits of laughter, he was clutching his stomach. Evelyn had started crying from laughing so hard.
"Because it's American you idiot." VJ started to laugh harder, which Evelyn had thought was impossible. When Leah walked into the room a few minutes later she was greeted by the both of them clutching their stomachs laughing.
"What is going on you two?" Leah chuckled a little bit herself. VJ took several deep breaths to calm himself down.
"Evelyn couldn't go on teen mom because it's American." VJ burst into another fit of giggles. Evelyn stood up still laughing.
"I think I'm going to pee myself." Evelyn waddled off the bathroom. She could hear Leah laughing along with VJ now. Evelyn finished off and washed her hands. She splashed some water on her face to calm herself down a little bit. She walked back out to see Josh was now in her lounge room. "Hey Joshua. Matt, Josh is here!" Evelyn called out. VJ got up wiping the tears away from his eyes, he clamped his hand on Evelyn's shoulder before running up the stairs. Matt came down a few seconds later, his cap wonky on his head now. Evelyn fixed it for him and he thanked her.
"Hey Josh, what's up?" Josh hopped from one foot to the other. Matt and Josh hadn't spoken in months, it must've been weird to talk to each other after so long of no contact.
"I was wondering if you two wanted to go to the beach, it's a nice day out." Evelyn smiled at him and Matt wrapped his arm around her. Evelyn couldn't help but think that was a possessive thing, like he felt threatened by Josh and by putting his arm around her he was sending Josh a message.
"That would be good but I'm really tired and Matt's dad is coming around later with Matt's little sister so we better be here for that. Tomorrow we're free." Josh looked disappointed but he nodded anyway. They said goodbye and Josh left.
"Dad's coming next week? Why did you tell him today?" Matt asked with a small smile on his face. Evelyn sighed and sat down on the couch.
"Being tired isn't a good enough excuse and you were getting jealous and I can't deal with that today." Evelyn picked up her phone to see she had a message from April, apparently Sasha hadn't taken the surprise date well either. Olivia was the first one to warm the two of them that setting them up like that wouldn't end well. No one listened to Olivia though.
"I was not getting jealous!" Matt's voice was an octave or two higher than usual. Evelyn raised her eyebrows at him. "Okay maybe I was just a little bit, but come on, it's josh. You loved him at one stage, in fact you slapped me because I ruined all chances of you two getting together, remember?" Evelyn sighed and quickly replied to April's text.
"I slapped you because you were telling everyone I was pregnant, Josh just happened to be the one to tell me." Matt looked at her with a guily expression on his face. "You were a jerk to me and you know it. When does your shift at Angelo's start? I want you out of my hair." Matt poked his tongue out at her.
"You've got to put up with me for another two hours, can you handle that?" Evelyn shrugged her shoulders and Matt pushed her lightly. "Well you're going to have to. What were you and VJ laughing about earlier? I've never heard either of you laugh that much." Evelyn started to laugh again.
"I turned on the TV and teen mom was on, both of must have serious sleep deprivation because looking back on it it wasn't that funny." Matt rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around Evelyn's shoulders. Evelyn reached up and took the cap off his head. Matt pulled his arm away and frowned at her.
"Give me my cap back now thank you very much." Matt tried to grab it from her but she held it out of his reach, something he had done to her so many times she had lost count.
"No, I am so sick of this cap, I don't think you fully understand."

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the comments everyone!

Chapter 22

Evelyn had escaped to bedroom after Chris and Hannah had left, she was tired and her feet were sore. She was reading the chapter on birth in one of the pregnancy books Ricky had given her the day she told her about the pregnancy. Evelyn hadn't caught up with Ricky in a few days and she was missing her. There was a knock on the door, Evelyn told whoever it was to come in. The door opened and VJ walked in.
"So the girl you set me up with and I have been talking." Evelyn sat up straighter in her bed and patted the spot next to her, telling VJ to sit down. VJ reluctantly sat down next to her. He took a deep breath. "We decided that neither of us want to go on this date, we don't know each other. It won't work out." Evelyn's heart sank. She wanted to be able to say she got VJ a girlfriend, with help from April of course.
"Veej, why?" Evelyn leaned her head on his shoulder, he frowned at her. VJ and Evelyn had grown a lot closer over the past few months, if he had reason for this he would tell Evelyn.
"We both have feelings for other people Eve, I'm sorry to disappoint you." Evelyn raised her eyebrows at him again. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Her name is Mollie, we met outside the hall the other day when Matt and I picked you up from that meeting. Do you remember an Eliza?" Evelyn's eyes widened as she remembered the rude girl who always made snarky remarks.
"Uh yeah, she bit my head off." VJ blinked a few times. "I said how Tank had ran off but I had Matt and she yelled out that I should think myself lucky because some girls had no one to go through this with, like I didn't know that already! What does Eliza have to do with Mollie?" VJ sighed.
"Mollie is Eliza's younger sister, Eliza is a year or two older than you and Mollie is my age. Mollie's really nice, I hope you'll forget her sister and just judge her based on her." Evelyn sighed and ruffled VJ's hair.
"Alright Veej, I just hope she's nothing like her sister. I got told that Eliza is jaded because her boyfriend ran away pretty much straight after he found she was pregnant." VJ nodded his head.
"Yeah they were only 16 at the time and he totally freaked out apparently. Her daughter is three now, Eliza and Mollie both love her. Maybe your daughter will be friends with her." Evelyn furrowed her eyebrows together and VJ rolled his eyes. "It's a possibility!" He said throwing his hands up. Evelyn shook her head at him.
"No, no it's not."

Evelyn walked up the steps to Angelo's, she was desperate to see how Ricky was going. Ricky was serving a table their food, her belly had grown considerably since Evelyn last saw her. Ricky walked up to her and engulfed her in a hug.
"What are you doing here? I haven't seen you since I came by to give you that pamphlet, did you go to the group?" Evelyn nodded and took a seat at one of the tables for two.
"Matt and I are grabbing some lunch, he'll be up soon he left his wallet in the car. I did go to the group, it was awesome, thank you for that. So how are you? Have you spoken to Nate? I really want you two to sort things out Rick." Ricky sighed and played with the ends of her hair.
"You know what being pregnant is like, I still haven't quite gotten over the morning sickness thing yet. You'll be happy to know that we're going out for tea tonight to talk things over, Kyle's on babysitting duty." Evelyn clapped her hands together and Ricky laughed at her. "I really want to sort things with Nate, and he's willing to change just a little bit for me. I'm going to make him be nice to you otherwise I won't take him back. I can't have him being horrible to my adopted daughter." Evelyn reached up to hug Ricky. Matt sat across from Evelyn , he waved at Ricky and she smiled at him. Ricky said goodbye and went back to work.
"Her and Nate are going to try and talk things out tonight! They're going to be great parents. Speaking of parents, I hope you don't mind me asking but who is Ellie's mother?" Evelyn had been thinking about Matt and his mother the other night and realised that he and Ellie must have different mother's if his ran away. Matt bit his lip.
"Well, Ellie is actually my cousin. My Aunty and Uncle died in a car crash when Ellie was just a baby and she was left to dad. Ellie doesn't know, she thinks her and I have the same mum." Evelyn grabbed his hand from across the table. "What bought that on Evie?" Matt sounded upset, like Evelyn had crossed a line. Evelyn started to feel guilty.
"I was just thinking about you and your family the other day and I've been hesitating on asking you and now I realise I shouldn't of asked you at all. I'm sorry Matt, you can ask me a question that you've been wanting ask but couldn't in fear of upsetting me." Matt crinkled his nose for a minute, something he does when he's thinking.
"Have you ever wanted to go back to the cult?" Evelyn hadn't. After she realised how bad they were she wished she had never had anything to do with them in the first place. Evelyn shook her head.
"Only when I was very first taken away from them, but you already knew that. Sometimes I wish that dad was back though, but the way he was before mum died, the dad who called me Evie Beavie and made Oscar and I a huge cheesecake every year for our birthday." Evelyn picked up the menu in front of her and studied it even though she knew she was getting chips and gravy, she was avoiding eye contact with Matt.
"I'll make you and Oscar a giant cheesecake for your birthday, it will be the best cheesecake you've ever had." Matt said to her. He squeezed her hand and she looked up. She chuckled at him, Matt couldn't bake or cook to save himself.
"Matt do you know how to make a cheesecake." Matt shook his head.
"No but I can learn, it can't be that hard. Worse comes to worse I'll buy you one." Evelyn laughed and shook her head at him.
"You're such a loser."

Evelyn and Maddy were sitting on the lounge room floor with half a dozen bridal magazines surrounding them. Evelyn thought her brain might explode if she read another article on the dos and don'ts of colour schemes. Maddy seemed to be enjoying herself though, which is all that mattered.
"I don't want flowers for the centerpiece, I'm thinking I'll go with balloons, what do you think?" Evelyn put down the magazine she was reading and smiled at Maddy.
"Whatever you want Mads, can we take a break? My head is hurting." Maddy chuckled and started gathering up the magazines. Maddy put the pile of magazines on the coffee table and gave Evelyn a hand with getting off the ground.
"You and Oscar are more alike than you realise, he told me the other day that I can do all the planning and he'll just show up. He sounded so much like Ricky Underwood it wasn't funny." The two of them had binge watched the secret life of the American teenager over the weekend and both of them decided that they would leave their partners if Ricky Underwood showed up at their door.
"Don't leave him the day before the wedding good lord." Maddy chuckled and sat down on the couch. "I'm so happy for you Maddy, you and Oscar are so good for each other, I think I would cry if the two of you split up." Evelyn sat down beside her.
"We're both pretty happy together, I see us growing old together and being one of those old couples that travel Australia in RV that they spent their life savings on." Evelyn threw her head back laughing.
"Oscar's far too responsible to spend all his savings on the one thing. I hope you're right though, as long as you two come home every now and then to see Matt and I." Maddy smiled at Evelyn.
"Of course Evie, of course." Evelyn smiled at her. Evelyn got up and got the orange juice out of the fridge and poured herself a big glass of it. "Can you get me some as well too?" Evelyn rolled her eyes but poured Maddy a glass anyway. "Are you excited for her to be born?" Maddy said as she took the juice off of Evelyn.
"I'm so ready for her to come out, I'm sick of my stomach. I know that it will be worth it once she's in my arms. She's made me mature so much over the past eight months, I realised it's not all about me now. I have to make decisons based on what's best for her." Maddy nodded her head.
"I honestly expected me to have a baby before you, you always manage to find new ways to surprise me Evie." Evie chuckled and out her empty juice glass on the table.
"I'm full of surprises Maddy, absolutely full of them."

"I'm so disappointed in the two of them, Sasha won't go because her ex Xavier is back and she's madly in love with still and VJ likes Eliza's sister? That's just crazy!" The three girls were sitting on the beach watching Hunter and Dex play with Mason in the water. Evelyn sighed and started covering her feet in sand.
"I told you that it wouldn't work! No one listens to Olivia though, no, she's never right!" April and Evelyn chuckled at their best friend. Olivia leaned rubbed her tummy and screwed up her face. "How long is Matt going to be with that pizza, I'm so hungry." Matt had left some time ago to go get a pizza for all of them.
"You would think that because he's a pizza delivery guy he would be quick, but no, we never send him on pick up duty because he takes forever." Evelyn said. The two girls sighed. Evelyn watched as Mason took a tumble in the water and started crying, Hunter was quick to pick him up and bring him to Olivia who started drying him quickly. "Is he okay?" Evelyn whispered.
"Yeah, he just scared himself." Olivia said as she adjusted her son on her lap. Matt came walking down the hill with two pizza boxes in his hand. "Finally! What took you so long Matt?" Matt sat the pizza boxes in the middle of them all.
"I said to get one, you got two?" Evelyn asked him when he sat beside her.
"There's ton of us, one wasn't enough, trust me I know pizza." All of them laughed at him. Evelyn took a slice of pizza and bit it, she didn't realise how hungry she was until she started to eat. "I took so long because Kyle got me talking about shifts and stuff, that boy just talks because he likes the sound of his own voice I swear." Evelyn couldn't help but agree.
"Kyle's a great guy though, you've got to admit." Matt rolled his eyes but nodded. Evelyn was grateful for Matt and all her friends that she had with her. She may of only met the girls a few days earlier but they've instantly clicked, Evelyn was very glad she went to that group. April was scolding Dex for eating too much of the pizza and Olivia was trying to stop Mason from throwing sand at Hunter, Evelyn just watched them all and thought about how lucky she was to have them.

Thank you guys! I'm not too happy with this chapter but I hope you like it anyway. chapters are going to become less frequent because I start going back to school tomorrow and I won't have very much time to write but I will try my best.

Chapter 23

Matt and Evelyn walked into the hall hand in hand. Matt had his cap on backwards again, he had ignored Evelyn's pleas for him to take it off. Dex and Hunter were in the back of the hall talking to a small group of children. Evelyn walked Matt over to Dex and Hunter and left the three of them to it. April and Olivia were sitting next to each other this time, Evelyn sat beside Olivia and waved to the two of them Eliza filled the space next to Evelyn, Evelyn sat up straighter in her chair. Eliza cleared her throat and tapped Evelyn on the shoulder, Evelyn smiled the most genuine smile she could manage.
"I believe our relatives are dating?" Eliza said smiling at Evelyn. Evelyn felt uneasy, like something terrible was about to happen. Evelyn was trying to figure out whether Eliza had some sort of motive or not. Evelyn gulped and nodded her head.
"Uh, yes my little cousin VJ is dating your little sister." Olivia and April were watching the two of them now, Olivia had grabbed hold of Evelyn's hand, trying to keep Evelyn from getting upset. Eliza nodded her head.
"Mollie really likes VJ and she's worried that your first impression of me will effect whether her and VJ date, it won't will it? I promise I'm much nicer when you get to know me and my sister and I are like chalk and cheese, she's a great girl." Olivia let go of her hand, seeing as there was no threat anymore. Eliza sounded nervous, like she afraid that Evelyn was going to shoot her down.
"I'll give Mollie a fair chance, VJ values my opinion on a lot of things but if he likes Mollie as much as I think he does he'll ignore my opinion anyway." Eliza let out a breath and smiled. Matt ran up to where Evelyn was sitting and put his cap on her head backwards.
"One of the little boys keeps trying to take it off my head, it's causing issues." Evelyn sighed and rolls her eyes. "Plus it looks a lot nicer on you than it does on me, that's not fair." Olivia chuckled beside her and April reached over and straightened it on Evelyn's head.
"So no cap next time yeah?" Matt sighed and rolled his eyes at her. Evelyn noticed Eliza watching the two of them with a small smile on her face.
"Yes okay Evie, no cap next time. I better get back to them before Dex comes over hear and drags me back by my hair. I love you." Matt kissed her cheek before running back to the group of small children.
"I love you too?" Evelyn said to Matt's retreating figure. The rest of the circle had started their various discussions, including Olivia and April who seemed to be talking about baby bottle brands.
"So, that was Matt I'm guessing?" Eliza was still smiling at Evelyn, Evelyn still didn't know what to think about her. She could tell that she approached Evelyn because her sister had said something about Evelyn not liking her, VJ had obviously tattle-taled.
"Ah yes, he loves this cap and I happen to hate it. I said he shouldn't wear it today but he didn't listen. He should know I'm always right by now" Eliza chuckled, she opened her mouth to say something but then the middle aged lady who Evelyn was yet to learn the name of called the end of the meeting. Evelyn waved goodbye to Eliza and met up with Matt. "Hey you." She said bumping his hip with hers. He took the cap off her head and put it back on his own.
"How was Eliza? That was Eliza, right?" Evelyn nodded her head. Evelyn looked over and saw April by herself leaning against the wall clutching her stomach. Evelyn ran up to her with Matt on her heels.
"April are you okay? What's going on?" April grabbed Evelyn's arm and pulled herself up. April had tears streaming down her cheeks.
"The baby is coming and Dex is in the toilet, call an ambulance." Matt muttered something about going and getting Dex and Evelyn dialed 000. She relayed their information and hung up. Dex and Matt came running, Dex looking pale.
"April we need to get you out the front so the ambulance can see you, you're going to have to walk." April nodded her head and the four of them slowly walked out the front, just in time for the ambulance to arrive. "We'll meet you at the hospital, I'll call Olivia. You're going to do great." April was layed down on a stretcher with Dex walking behind her.
"I didn't go to those stupid birthing classes!" April yelled, Evelyn gave her a sympathetic smile.
"Neither did I, you'll be okay April."

Matt came back with a tray full of coffee and one hot chocolate for Evelyn. He handed them out and they all took them graciously. The four of them had been sitting in the waiting room for hours side by side with no news on how April was going. The waiting room door burst open and a blonde woman that Evelyn recognised as the old principle of Summer Bay High, Bianca Scott who was now Bianca Braxton and her husband Heath Braxton.
"Do you know where April's room is? I would've been here much sooner but I didn't get Dex's text until lunch time at the school." They all shook their heads and Bianca sighed running up to the nurses station and then running down the hall. Heath stood there awkwardly before taking a seat next to Evelyn. He eyes her stomach before raising his eyebrows at her.
"When did that happen?" He said pointing at her stomach. Evelyn sighed and leaned her head on Matt's shoulder.
"About nine months ago. How come I never met April before a few weeks ago?" Heath shrugged his shoulders and put his hands behind his head.
"She just left school when you got here, that's probably why." Evelyn nodded and took a sip of her hot chocolate. "That's not coffee is it?" Heath said with judgement in his voice. Matt sat up straighter and glared at him.
"No, it's hot chocolate. We're young but we aren't stupid." Heath scoffed and rolled his eyes.
"If I remember correctly you were quite dim. Anyway, getting a girl pregnant at 17 isn't exactly the definition of smart." Heath spat. Evelyn gulped and grabbed Matt's hand to stop himself from doing something he shouldn't. Matt was clenching his jaw and he turned to face straight ahead.
"Well that was a while ago wasn't it? And I didn't get her pregnant, her ex did." Heath sighed and rolled his eyes.
"That's enough from both of you. This is a time for celebration not childish bickering." Evelyn whisper yelled at the both of them. Heath stood up and got out his wallet.
"Whatever, I'm going to get some coffee." Matt relaxed again once Heath was out of sight. Evelyn knew that when Matt first started going to Summer Bay High that he wasn't the best student, he gave Bianca a hard time and a lot of other teachers as well but Matt had matured a lot since then.
"How come Dex's family isn't here?" Evelyn asked Olivia. Olivia put the magazine she was reading down. Olivia hesitated, Hunter nodded at her and she took a deep breath.
"Dex's family kind of threw him out when he announced that April was pregnant, the only family member he has contact with is Sasha, they call each other all the time. She wouldn't be able to get here without a lift from someone that wasn't in the family." Evelyn didn't even know if Tank's father knew that he was about to become a grandfather, Evelyn imagined that he would react positively if he knew.
"I thought the girl's family disowned them in this kind of situation?" Matt asked. Evelyn hit his shoulder and he frowned at her.
"None of my family disowned me, in fact you were the only one that did." Olivia's mouth dropped open and Matt turned a bright shade of red. Evelyn heard Hunter mutter a long drawn out dude.
"It was a shock, that's all." Matt said defensively. Evelyn rolled her eyes and took another sip of her drink, it was starting to go cold and horrible. Dex walked down the hall with a big smile on his face.
"She's here guys, come meet her." Dex was typical proud dad as he led the group of friends into the hospital room where April layed with a small bundle of blankets in her arms, in those blankets was her daughter.
"Meet Elizabeth Jane Walker." Evelyn was in awe of the little baby. She was only born just a little while ago and she had already made in impact on a lot of lives.
"She's gorgeous."

"You've decided on a name haven't you?" Matt and Evelyn were laying in bed, they had just finished watching a movie, Evelyn could tell that it was late because of the patch of sky she could see through a gap in Matt's curtains. She nodded at him. "Tell me what it is?" Evelyn smiled at him and shook her head. "Oh come on. I'm going to be a father to her as well, shouldn't I at least know what you plan of calling her?" Evelyn knew he had a point, a very good point actually.
"You're right, you should know. I'm going to name her Amara, her middle name will be Rose and obviously she'll have my last name." Matt crinkled his nose, he didn't seem to like the name. "You don't like it?" She asked. He sighed and sat up.
"No I do, I've just never heard of it, how did you come up with it?" Evelyn snuggled deeper under the blankets and closed her eyes for a second. She was finding it hard to keep her eyes open.
"I looked up baby names and their meanings, I came across Amara and I loved it. According to the site I saw it on it means beloved and she will be beloved." Matt nodded his head and layed back down. "The name isn't really set in stone so if you have other ideas I'm open for suggestions." Matt wrapped his arms around her waist.
"I think Amara is a nice name. If she doesn't like it she can call herself by her middle name I guess." Evelyn yawned and closed her eyes.
"If she does that I'll be very disappointed." Evelyn was half asleep now. Matt started running his fingers through her hair.
"Thank you for telling me, it means a lot to me. You mean a lot to me." Evelyn rolled on to her back, figuring that Matt wasn't going to let her sleep for a while. Matt looked down at her with a smile on his face, Evelyn smiled lazily back up at him.
"I should've let you pick the name with me. You mean a lot to me too." Matt kissed the top of her head.
"This is going to make me sound selfish but I'm really glad that Tank isn't around, things were messy when he was around. I got this feeling that he didn't want to be in the baby's life, he just wanted to be yours. Didn't he say that in a letter once?" Evelyn took a deep breath.
"He also said that he wanted to run off and be a family, I think he wanted us to be a family, but he knew I didn't that so he ran off because that was easier than facing the truth. Do you get what I mean?" Matt nodded his head. Evelyn rested her head on his chest and closed her eyes.
"I do get what you mean. He couldn't accept the fact that you love me and not him." Evelyn chuckled.
"I never said I love you." Evelyn said with a grin.
"I know you do."

This chapter is shorter than usual but it's all I had time to write, I'm very sorry. I hope you like it :)

Chapter 24

Matt parked the car next to his dad's, Evelyn could see that he was nervous, even she was nervous. The last time Matt's sister saw him was when she was taken into foster care, because of Matt. Evelyn wanted to make this better for him, but she didn't know how. There was nothing she could say or do to make Matt's worries disappear. He grabbed her hand, she gave it a light squeeze.
"It's going to be okay Matt, it will be perfectly fine." Matt bit his lip and shook his head. Evelyn leaned forward and connected their lips together, which was not the easiest of tasks in a car with her pregnant belly. Matt put his hand on the back of her neck bringing her closer to him. They pulled away once they were out of breath. "You can do this." Matt smiled at her.
"Thank you Evie." Evelyn furrowed her eyebrows at him. She had done nothing to be thanked for.
"What for?" Matt leaned forward and kissed her forehead, something Matt knew she loved.
"Everything." Evelyn chuckled quietly and looked down at their hands that were still connected. Her heart was beating fast in her chest, after so many months of being together you would think all of the nervousness would of faded but it hadn't.
"You are such a sap. I think we should go now, they're probably wondering where we are." Matt gulped and let go of her hand. They both exited the car, Matt grabbed her hand when they met up again. Matt knocked on the door loudly three times and looked at Evelyn with a nervous smile. Matt's father opened the door with a smile.
"Well isn't it my favorite son and daughter in-law. Come in." Matt's grip on Evelyn's hand got tighter with each step they took into the house. Evelyn looked around, there was no pictures on the wall, there was boxes piled on the floor some open and some not.
"How long ago did you move in here Mr Page?" Matt's father led them into the lounge room. The walls were painted red, a wooden coffee table sat in front of an old brown couch, there was no TV to be seen.
"Please, call me Gray. I moved in a couple of weeks ago, I was lucky to find the place. You two take a seat and I'll go get Ellie, she's really excited about seeing you Matt." Gray gave Matt a warm smile before leaving the room. They looked at each before sitting down on the couch. Matt stretched out his arm and wrapped it around her shoulders.
"You did not just pull a move on me." Evelyn moved his arm from around her shoulders and shook her head at him. Matt was about to reply when Gray and a young girl who looked to be around 10 walked into the room. The girl's face lit up when she saw Matt. She ran up and wrapped her arms around him.
"Ellie! I've missed you so much kiddo." Matt kissed the top of her head. Ellie could pass for Matt's sister, Evelyn could see so much of Matt in her. Ellie looked at Evelyn and her face fell slightly.
"I've missed you too Matty. Who's that?." Evelyn looked down at her hands, Ellie had no idea. "Is her baby yours? Am I going to be an Aunty?" Matt ruffled her hair.
"You've always been one to fire out questions. This is Evelyn, that baby isn't mine but I'm going to be a father to her so yeah you're going to be an Aunty." Ellie smiled at Evelyn and stuck out her hand. Evelyn had to stop herself from chuckling at the girl's formalness. Evelyn grabbed her hand and shook it.
"Nice to meet you Evelyn." Evelyn smiled at her.
"Nice to meet you too Ellie, Matt talks about you all the time." Ellie giggled when Matt scoffed at Evelyn. Ellie leaned forward so her mouth was right by Evelyn's ear.
"I like you." Ellie whispered. Evelyn was beaming, she had the most important girl in Matt's life approval.

Evelyn sat on the couch eating vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. Matt had left for work 15 minutes ago and Evelyn had nothing to. She thought about calling April and seeing whether she could drop by but Evelyn decided against it April was still getting little Lizzie into a routine. Ricky, Nate and Casey were on a holiday in London so Ricky could meet Nate's parents. Maddy, Oscar and VJ were swimming and Olivia was ill. Evelyn put her now empty bowl on the sink and filled it with water. Evelyn layed down on the couch and closed her eyes. She was half asleep when someone knocked loudly on the door three times. Evelyn rubbed her eyes and got off the couch. She opened the door and blinked a few times to make sure she wasn't seeing things.
"Wayne? What are you doing here?" Evelyn hadn't opened the door, she didn't plan on it until she knew why he was here. Tank smirked at her.
"You're due date is soon right? I want to be here when she comes into the world, and then I'll get out of your hair." Evelyn narrowed her eyes at him and tightened the grip on the door handle. She took a deep breath.
"I was going to get someone to contact you when I was in labor, just so you know. I have a problem with you running off and then coming back just to play to happy father role only to leave straight after. I also have a problem with you acting like I don't want you around, I've told you from day one that I think it would be good for you to be around, but now I'm not so sure. Matt is going to be her father now, because you don't want to." Tank rolled his eyes and took a deep breath.
"I just want to see my little girl once, Matt can be her dad I don't care. He will be a better father than I could ever be but I know that if I'm not here for you during the last few days of the pregnancy then I'll hate myself." Evelyn sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "Can you just sort out a caravan for me to stay in until she's born, please?" Evelyn took a deep breath and closed her eyes.
"Okay Wayne, leave it with me and I'll let you know if I can sort anything, okay?" Tank smiled at her.
"Thank you Evie, I'm gonna go now. I'm glad to see that you're doing well." Evelyn waved goodbye before closing the door. She put both hands on head, how was she going to do this? How was she going to tell Matt that he's back?

Well, this is the last chapter! I would like to thank everyone who read this fic, even through all of the drama I crammed into it! But I owe I big special thank you to the following, JosieTash, Jarliefanever, Red Ranger 1, Hward and Kristen who constantly gave me feedback. and to Ludub and idscott for their comments. (Sorry to anyone I missed) I have loved writing this fic and I hope you enjoyed reading it. I'm sad to have to end it :(

Chapter 25

"Evie you've been staring at the kettle for a solid five minutes, what's wrong?" Evelyn blinked a few times and rubbed her eyes. Matt was still in his work uniform, Evelyn hadn't even heard him come home. Evelyn closed her eyes and tried to pretend that Tank hadn't shown up earlier that day, she pretended she didn't show him to his new caravan, she pretended like she didn't have anything to tell Matt. That just made things harder when she opened her eyes again to face reality. The reality was that he was back, and he was staying for a while.
"You want to know what's wrong Matt? You're going to love it," Evelyn laughed nervously and Matt furrowed his eyebrows, clearly not getting the joke. "Wayne's back. God how many times have I said that these past few months? I thought I would never have to say it again, but no. He turned up at our front door when I was home alone and asked me for a caravan. He says he's only going to be here until Amara is born but who knows with him, he could be gone tomorrow or ten years from now. He changes his mind more than VJ fixes his hair in the mirror!" Matt placed a hand on each of her shoulders. He gave her a small smile, she gave him a weak smile back.
"Do you feel better now that's off your chest?" Evelyn took a deep breath and nodded, "good, now if you want him gone I'm sure if you just told him that you're sick of the constant coming and going he would go again and never come back, but you're too nice to tell him the truth." Evelyn pursed her lips together and narrowed her eyes at Matt.
"So now it's my fault he constantly comes and goes? I'm the problem? Maybe I should go then!" Evelyn yelled loudly. Her hands were shaking by her side and she could feel the heat in her cheeks. Deep down she knew that what Matt said wasn't bad, she was just starting to crack after a stressful day.
"Evelyn don't be like that! I just mean that if you let someone think that something is okay they're going to keep doing it!" Matt yelled back just as loudly. A tear rolled down Evelyn's cheek, she could see guilt take over anger in Matt's eyes. He reached out to wipe the tear away but she flinched.
"Don't. I'm going for a walk." She ignored his constant protests as she grabbed her bag and walked out of the house. She heard a loud bang like he had punched something, she fought the urge to go back in and make sure he's okay. She walked until she found an entrance to the beach. She slipped off her shoes and put them in her bag. She liked the feeling of sand between her toes. She took a few deep breaths and she already started to feel better. She sat down on a patch of grass and placed her head in her hands. How did that escalate so far? It should've been a relatively easy discussion, one the two of them had had multiple times in the past, why did this one go so pear shaped? Her breathing was shaky and her cheeks were now wet with tears. Matt and her didn't fight that often anymore, he had been trying so hard not to do anything that would upset her since their last major fight, Evelyn guessed he got sick of walking on eggshells.

Evelyn walked back into the house after a few hours by herself. Everyone was gathered in the lounge room, except for Matt.
"Where's Matt?" Evelyn asked. VJ looked up from the TV screen and shrugged. Evelyn rolled her eyes at him. "Do any of you know where Matt is? Maddy? Oscar? Leah surely you would know?" Leah smiled at her and nodded her head. Evelyn breathed a sigh of relief.
"Yeah, he said that someone had called the house making a noise complaint, he was going to sort it out." Evelyn's face fell. Matt wasn't going to sort out a noise complaint, he was going to sort out Tank. She ran out the door as fast she could. She ran past all of the caravans, ignoring the drunk men hooting and hollering at her. She turned the corner where Tank's caravan was and she saw Matt. He was leaning up against Tank's caravan with a bloody nose and mouth, Tank was nowhere to be seen.
"Oh god Matt what happened?" Matt blinked a few times before realising it was Evelyn in front of him. Evelyn knelt down and tried to wipe some of the blood off his face but there was too much of it. "Where is he? I need to talk to him," Evelyn said. Matt pointed at the caravan he was leaning on. Evelyn took a deep breath and knocked hard on Tank's door, there was no answer. "Wayne Snelgrove open up! Don't pretend you're not in there, I'm not an idiot," Evelyn yelled. Tank still didn't answer. Evelyn sighed and pulled out a bobby pin from her hair. She jammed it in the lock and turn, the door unlocked with a click. She walked inside to see Tank sitting on his bed wrapping his hand in a bandage. Tank looked up at her with a grin.
"I'm surprised it took you this long to find lover boy," Tank said tauntingly. Evelyn stepped forward and pushed him. He chuckled to himself. "Come on Evie, you don't want to hurt me do you? I mean look," He grabbed Evelyn's arm and turned over so her T tattoo was facing forwards. Evelyn snatched her arm away and he chuckled again.
"You need to go, you need to leave my life and never ever attempt to come back into it ever again, do I make myself clear? Or do I need to start packing your things for you so you get the picture?" Evelyn spat out. Tank layed back on the bed, still smirking at her.
"You see Evelyn, me leaving your life is much easier said than done. For the rest of you life we're connected, by that little girl in your tummy. So yeah, I'll leave, but I'll never be completely gone. You'll look at your daughter's face and you won't see curly out there, you'll see me staring back at you. She might have my eyes or my hair colour and it will kill you inside, I on the other hand couldn't be happier to be connected to you, even if it is by a little girl I'll never meet that some other douche bag is raising. I get your message Evelyn, but do you get mine?" Evelyn made a fist by her side. She took a few steps back from him, she wanted to hurt him so badly but she knew that it would only make things worse.
"Just leave Tank. I'm going to come around here tomorrow and if you're still here I don't know what I'll do." She turned away and walked out of his caravan. Matt had manged to stand up, the blood was still dripping down his face. "Come on, you need an X-ray or something. Zac will take us." Evelyn and Matt walked back past all the caravans with everyone watching them as they went. Leah gasped when the two of them entered the house again.
"What happened?" Leah said as she ran a washer under the sink. She started dabbing Matt's face with it, he hissed when she dabbed his nose. "That could be broken, one of you tell me what happened here," Leah said clearly annoyed with the lack of answers. All the others had gathered around now.
"Wayne happened, I sorted it though, he's not coming back ever again." Leah and the others all looked confused. Evelyn had forgotten that they didn't know that Tank was back. "Oh right, Wayne came back today and asked for a caravan to live in, I stupidly gave him one." They all nodded their heads, VJ went back to the couch.
"We need to get you to a hospital, Evie are you coming?" Zac asked. Evelyn nodded her head.
"Of course."

A few hours later Zac, Evelyn and Matt were leaving the hospital side by side. Matt's nose was now plastered up, Evelyn had to stop herself from laughing at him. She had gone to the bathroom at the house and washed the blood of her hands before they left. Evelyn couldn't stop imagining Matt the way she saw him at the caravan park, she feared that the image would haunt her dreams. She forgot all about the fight once she saw Matt laying there hurt.
"You never told me what happened," she said looking up at him. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. Evelyn rolled her eyes at all the dramatics.
"You see, I went over there all angry and blaming him for all our problems, you know just the normal. I knocked on his caravan door and walked out and started to taunt me, you know how he does that?" Evelyn thought back to her own discussion with Tank earlier and nodded her head. "I was already so utterly mad I slammed him up against the caravan but he's stronger than me apparently and flipped us around and started punching me in the face and the stomach. I didn't even get a hit in." Evelyn smiled a small smile at him and ruffled his hair.
"Well, it's okay now. I asked him to go and he said he would, but not without making some Wayne like remarks. He pointed out my tattoo, once she's born I'm going to get it turned into a M and I'll get her initial tattooed on my other arm. "Matt laughed a little bit and started swing their hands back and forth.
"Or you could get my whole name spelled out?" Evelyn punched his arm and shook her head.
"No, I don't think so Matt." Zac watched the two of them with a big smile on his face. Zac put an arm around Evelyn's shoulders and ruffled her hair.
"I'm so proud of the two of you, you've become a lot more mature these past few months. I think you're going to be fantastic parents." Evelyn smiled up at him just as they got to Zac's car. The three of them hoped in and Zac started driving.
"Thank you for the compliment Zac, it means a lot coming from you," Evelyn said with a smile. Zac just chuckled a little bit, he was focusing on the road. Evelyn sat in the passenger seat with Zac while Matt was in the back by himself. Zac pulled into the driveway and parked the car. Evelyn stepped out but then a horrible pain started in her stomach. Her eyes widened as she realised what was happening. "We need to go back to the hospital, now!"

Evelyn was sitting up in the hospital bed with her beautiful baby girl in her arms. The labor was long and tough but there was no doubt in her mind that it was worth it, Amara was perfect. She was so small, Evelyn thought she might break. Matt had left the room to go and get the others from the waiting room, Evelyn knew Ricky would be hating herself for not being there when Amara was born. Her hospital room door opened and Oscar, Maddy, VJ, Leah, Zac and Matt all walked in. Evelyn smiled at them all.
"Everyone, meet Amara Rose Page." Matt's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. Maddy leaned forward to get a closer look at her and Evelyn swore she saw Oscar wipe away a tear. VJ was smiling one of his big happy smiles and Leah and Zac looked at them proudly.
"Amara Page? I thought you said she was going to have your last name?" Matt whispered as he leaned down to touch Amara's little hand. He gave Evelyn a watery eyed smile and Evelyn smiled back.
"Well, one of her names had to be kept a secret right?"

Comments

Archived